I think not even an R-rated lesbian sex scene between Padme and Satine could have saved this episode.

Yeah it would have. :p

The latest episode with Ashoka was a bit better, but I agree that they seem to have gotten into a dull spot. Also, I am becoming more impressed with Ashoka as a character. I started out not liking her at all when she debuted in the movie, but lately I have changed my tune about her. She's actually pretty cool. Also, I've noticed that Anakin's personality seems to be rubbing off on Ashoka. I noticed in a previous episode she seemed to kind of enjoy taking out the super battle droids with a smirk on her face. I thought a Jedi was supposed to keep their emotions in check and not let anger and fear get the better of them.

They seriously need to up the ante and get things back on track.

I feel the problem with this season it's completely moving away from Anakin. I really enjoyed his slight bursts of Vader in the previous seasons.

Also more Obi-wan and Grivious is needed...

They also need to bring in into full swing the Arc generation Clones, as well the V-wings and last generation Jedi Starfighters.

Yeah it would have. tongue.gif

The latest episode with Ashoka was a bit better, but I agree that they seem to have gotten into a dull spot. Also, I am becoming more impressed with Ashoka as a character. I started out not liking her at all when she debuted in the movie, but lately I have changed my tune about her. She's actually pretty cool. Also, I've noticed that Anakin's personality seems to be rubbing off on Ashoka. I noticed in a previous episode she seemed to kind of enjoy taking out the super battle droids with a smirk on her face. I thought a Jedi was supposed to keep their emotions in check and not let anger and fear get the better of them.

They seriously need to up the ante and get things back on track.

Part of the problem there is that the Jedi weren't meant to be an extended conflict military force. The stress of long term combat, with the stress of rushing some padowan's who under normal circumstances would not be ready, is gonna result in a bit of blood lust on the Jedi side.

And damn, could they have waited any longer after season 3 starst to release season 2. I know it's out next week, but damn, you guys are already 6 eps into the new season, and I haven't even seen last season...

Edited by Keith

And damn, could they have waited any longer after season 3 starst to release season 2. I know it's out next week, but damn, you guys are already 6 eps into the new season, and I haven't even seen last season...

Well you haven't missed much other then Jar Jar being a hero, Padme running around Mandalore, and Ashoka playing Mahony from Police Academy.

Episode 307: Assassin

Synopsis: Tasked to protect Senator Padmé Amidala during a political mission to Alderaan, Padawan Ahsoka Tano is plagued by recurring visions of the recently-deceased bounty hunter, Aurra Sing.

Finally an episode that sounds interesting. Well at least in that it has Aurra Sing in it. Though like last week, I will end up missing this episode for the Rangers/Yankees playoff game.

No, week off. Seems like they could use it.

Even though last week's episode was decent, it followed up too many slow episodes to really spike my interest. Had this been an episode in between several large scale action episodes it would have been better, IMO. Also it was clear that the time line continues to jump around as Ziro was back in jail. (He was freed in the final episode of season 1) On top of that, Anakin when confronting Ziro was awfully calm for someone facing down the one who put a hit out on his wife. Even with Ahsoka there, I expected at least some anger and agression.

Recently got season 2 on bluray, and went right to my favorite, Landing at Point Rain, wow what a difference! I just kept watching through the entire Geonosis Arc, and realized how badly season 3 needs something like this.

^ Yeah, I think it is another prequel episode to the Senate Hostage episode that ended season 1. Not really sure why they are bothering with prequels like this, especially since there really isn't anything going on or a decent story to tell. I think every episode this season has been a prequel to a previous episode from the first two seasons.

Anyways tonight: Episode 308: Evil Plans

Synopsis: In the middle of a routine shopping trip on Coruscant, C-3PO is abducted by the bounty hunter Cad Bane. Bane is looking for information about the Senate building and soon both C-3PO and R2-D2 find themselves trapped and tools of a plan that neither understands.

Routine Shopping trip? Nothing says Clone Wars like an episode showing C-3PO running to the grocery store to pick up some eggs and milk for Padme. :lol:

I just rewatched the season 3 trailer again and was reminded that there is still some good stuff to come. At least I hope.

Oh great! A whole episode of R2-D2 and C3-PO shopping for fruit!

Can this season sink any lower?

OK, I understand this episode was setting the scene for next week's ep, but honestly, they could have easily compressed the events in this episode into 5-10 minutes, rather than stretching it out over a whole episode.

Graham

^ It's not even really setting up for the next episode. I mean, all this did was show how Cad Bane got the floor plans for the senate building. Which he used in last episode of season 1. A whole episode dedicated to showing him trying to get the plans, when it could have easily been explained that Darth Sidious gave him the details. (Not that anyone was asking how he got the floor plans to begin with. I mean he seems like a pretty capable bounty hunter, I am sure he has his resources.)

The only redeeming part of this episode was the final moments with the Hutt council and Bane stepping up to take the job. Plus the Hutts actually speaking Huttenese (I think that is what it is) instead of Galatic basic like everyone else.

I watched like 6-7 episodes of season 2 yesterday on bluray, I am telling you it is like they have an entirely different set of writers, directors, and overall mindset this season over the previous two seasons.

I would be interested in knowing what their ratings are. I bet their repeat ratings are really low in when compared to the repeat ratings of previous seasons' episodes.

I really liked this episode. I don't mind a little silliness from time to time.

I always enjoy Seth Green's Todo360 droid. :)

I've actually really enjoyed this whole season so far. I don't require constant action and I like the more political and 'boring' bits. Not saying I'd want the entire show to always be like that from now on, but I'm not worried about that happening. The 'splosions will return. ;)

I wouldn't mind the political episodes and even the silly ones like this if they made sense and were used to maybe break up a string of action episodes. However, outside of episode 302, there has been very little of anything that resembles action, or a war for that matter.

Also very little in the last 5-6 episodes have made much sense. Like R2 who is as reliable as they come with a mission first attitude (or programming) stopped to get a spa treatment when he knew Anakin wanted the fruit back immediately. The political episode with Senator Bail Organa and Jar Jar trying to negiotiate the use of supply ships from that one planet (Sorry can't remember the name) that wants to remain neutral. Well there is no tension there, because we know they will join the Republic as seen in the very first episode of the series. Overall while that was an ok episode, especially the end with the Jedi and his clone commander fighting back to back to their death, was generally pointless, and to anyone not paying attention to the timeline jumps, may be pretty confusing.

I personally would love to see an end to the prequel episodes that provide no useful insight to anything. I would love to see the series stop jumping around in timeline as well. If they do any other prequel episodes, how about one that will introduce Grievous or Ventress to the war, otherwise tell the story in a more linear approach. That way they can really build up to the events of Revenge of the Sith. With the way the story is being told right now, it wouldn't suprise me if one of the episodes from Season 1 took place just a week or so away from Sith. I am mostly kidding there, but at the same time, it wouldn't shock me with all of the timeline jumping.

I personally would love to see an end to the prequel episodes that provide no useful insight to anything. I would love to see the series stop jumping around in timeline as well. If they do any other prequel episodes, how about one that will introduce Grievous or Ventress to the war, otherwise tell the story in a more linear approach. That way they can really build up to the events of Revenge of the Sith. With the way the story is being told right now, it wouldn't suprise me if one of the episodes from Season 1 took place just a week or so away from Sith. I am mostly kidding there, but at the same time, it wouldn't shock me with all of the timeline jumping.

The Gendy Tartikovski Clone Wars already covers that.

So is that officially canon? I was to the understanding that this show is basically replacing that one. The Jedi are much less powerful, and Grievous who wiped out like 5 easily in one attack is definitely toned down.

Honestly, I would be a little disappointed if it is officially apart of this timeline. I was looking forward to final episodes as it led up to Revenge of the Sith.

So is that officially canon? I was to the understanding that this show is basically replacing that one. The Jedi are much less powerful, and Grievous who wiped out like 5 easily in one attack is definitely toned down.

Honestly, I would be a little disappointed if it is officially apart of this timeline. I was looking forward to final episodes as it led up to Revenge of the Sith.

Who know's at this point, but as it stands now, it does book-end the CG series without too much effort. From what I'm reading about season 3 and its flash backs to season 1 era episodes, I don't see why they don't flash back to a Qui Gon Jin /Obi Wan adventure. Sure that wouldn't technically be during "The Clone Wars," but it'd still be pretty sweet.

I think once Dooku and those nightsisters come into the season it'll go full steam ahead. I saw a pic from one of the StarWars Insider mags that showed

Ahsoka with a new cool outfit,she looked more mature and her head tails looked alil longer too.

Does

she look more like Shaak Ti

?

I know its a silly wish but I'm hoping when the series ends they either find a way to keep Ahsoka alive or make her death ambiguous enough that we can at least pretend she's still alive somewhere. :)

Oddly she's become my favorite Jedi next to Yoda.

Edited by eriku

Does

?

I know its a silly wish but I'm hoping when the series ends they either find a way to keep Ahsoka alive or make her death ambiguous enough that we can at least pretend she's still alive somewhere. smile.gif

I vote for finding out who Palpatine is early, and falling in a fight with him with no one ever knowing.

Who know's at this point, but as it stands now, it does book-end the CG series without too much effort. From what I'm reading about season 3 and its flash backs to season 1 era episodes, I don't see why they don't flash back to a Qui Gon Jin /Obi Wan adventure. Sure that wouldn't technically be during "The Clone Wars," but it'd still be pretty sweet.

That could be cool if they wanted to show how Obi Wan met Satine. From last season he stated he had a prolonged mission protecting her with Qui Gon. Perhaps it would shed a little light as to why he is pretty lenient with Anakin and his feelings towards Padme.

I like Ahsoka, but I think her death, if done correctly could be really powerful, sad, and another step in sending Anakin towards the darkside. So I vote kill her off, just do it in a meaningful sacrificial type of way. I think they toyed with the idea last season when she sacrificed herself and Bariss when they blew up the droid factory while still trapped inside. It just happened that the tank she was in was the new heavily armored one allowing them to live.

That could be cool if they wanted to show how Obi Wan met Satine. From last season he stated he had a prolonged mission protecting her with Qui Gon. Perhaps it would shed a little light as to why he is pretty lenient with Anakin and his feelings towards Padme.

I think that would be the perfect excuse to do a Qui-Gon episode (or episode arc). Regardless of how they do it, I would love to see QGJ in the show.

I think George listened to the fans at least a little when it came to Jar Jar. He was supposed to be the prequels' Chewbacca. Massive fan outrage had Jar Jar's role severly limited in Attack of the Clones, and nothing more than a brief speechless cameo in Revenge of the Sith.

Does

?

I know its a silly wish but I'm hoping when the series ends they either find a way to keep Ahsoka alive or make her death ambiguous enough that we can at least pretend she's still alive somewhere. :)

nah,she doesnt really look like shaak ti yet,her tails dont look that long but to me they seem to be a few inches longer. I'll try and find the pic for you if you want. :)

Since they said they have written up to season 5 already I really wonder how it will end,what if the final season Ahsoka leaves anikan and obi-wan and goes on her own to help with the war,meanwhile on anikan and obi-wans side Ep III happens, and we just follow Ahsoka thru the final season and her escape or demise in Order 66. *shrug*