Nope.

except for that one time when they did bring him back.

and that other time when they brought him back as a hologram

and the (technically non-canon) time they brought him back by giving him robot legs.

oh yeah, and they had him in the force unleashed game (all be it in the form of a robot that was making itself look and fight like Maul)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he'll meet up with Robo-legs Maul.

I actually thought Robo-Maul was a cool idea. Hear me out...

Imagine for a moment that Maul survived the fall in ep1 somehow and Sidious gave him robo-legs, a prototype for Vader perhaps.

Further pretend that Dooku's role in episode 2 and 3 is replaced by Robo-Maul (Dooks is cool and all, but really necessary?), again escaping the Jedi's capture and schooling Obi-wan and Anakin and Yoda too, fleeing in his Infiltrator. He once again causes havoc for the Jedi in episode 3 with Grievous but is killed by Anakin. I think is also legitimizes Grievous as a character too, his prosthetic body the next stage in robo-suitedness - a precursor to what will happen to Anakin.

Makes more sense than introducing a new villain every movie. We'd then see a progression and depth to Maul as a character for episodes 1-3. Oh well, a nerd can dream.

So yeah I reckon a robo-legs Maul coming up.

Wired did an interview with Dave Filoni

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/01/clone-wars-dave-filoni/all/1

one thing he says that has me excited is - "We’re going to have a major clone arc coming up, as we develop Rex’s character, and the same goes for Ahsoka."

I've been wondering what they're going to do with Ashoka! Seriously. She's NOT in Episode three, so something tragic has to happen to her. Same with Rex. It will be interesting to see how Lucas plays this all out. Been enjoying MOST of this series so far!

I dunno, but maybe nothing will be 'tragic' at all.

Maybe Rex ends up leaving at some point, Cut Lawquane-style, when he sees how things are going. He IS the icon for Clone Wars, so it's possible they want his character to remain.

As far as Ahsoka is concerned, she could be exiled to a far-off world to be brought back into the picture at a later date. Ya think the marketing side of this, Ashley Eckstein's merch., will decide what happens? "Welcome to the site! Here is the merchandise from voice actor of CW's Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's padawan.....who was then brutally murdered by ....."

I always just figured that Rex was with Vader in the assault on the Jedi Temple. I know he wasn't named but none of the clones besides Cody were, and the temple assualt force was Skywalker and Rex's unit wasn't it. To me it just makes Order 66 that much more tragic, watching these men we've come to like (Cody, Rex, and others) betray their comrades. Sad really. I'd be interested to see how they faired after it was all said and done and they had time to really think about what happened.

Chris

I dunno, but maybe nothing will be 'tragic' at all.

Maybe Rex ends up leaving at some point, Cut Lawquane-style, when he sees how things are going. He IS the icon for Clone Wars, so it's possible they want his character to remain.

As far as Ahsoka is concerned, she could be exiled to a far-off world to be brought back into the picture at a later date. Ya think the marketing side of this, Ashley Eckstein's merch., will decide what happens? "Welcome to the site! Here is the merchandise from voice actor of CW's Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's padawan.....who was then brutally murdered by ....."

Interesting. Never really thought of that. I guess I have Empire Strikes Back on my brain. :lol:

Interesting. Never really thought of that. I guess I have Empire Strikes Back on my brain. :lol:

Maybe Rex turns out to be the bartender at the Cantina. "We don't serve their kind here."

NICE! :D

And because I've been home sick and have too much time, I was trying to somehow negate the robo-Maul talk. With a screen shot from CW ep 14 and a Maul pic, I was hoping to see that the markings and/or horns were different, but they don't appear to be!!!

post-1479-129597816596_thumb.jpg

post-1479-129597817201_thumb.png

Ya the markings are the same. I'm guessing maul ghost too.

I think rex will desert at some point. Maybe influenced by the other clone he met that had a family.

I'd really be surprised if Ashoka died/was killed. She could just leave the order due to some revelation or be sent off far and away on assignment before ep3.

Possibly get some video games on her adventures, instead of O.P. generic bald guy. Insert an ambiguous scene of her after the empire falls and it shows everyone celebrating in the latest version of rotj. ;)

OK, i'm just going off a wishes now...

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/TCW_Welcome_To_Mortis_New_Overlords_Clip_136291.asp

Preview clip of the next episode,looks awesome. the guy grabs Anakin's saber blade like it was just a stick.

This second half of this season just gets more and more awesome. When they were saying "secrets revealed" early in the season, I just assumed it was there way of showing all of those prequel episodes and show what happened prior to some season 1 & 2 episodes. But now that has a hell of a lot more meaning, like Lucas really wants to explain the force and the origin of force users.

This second half of this season just gets more and more awesome. When they were saying "secrets revealed" early in the season, I just assumed it was there way of showing all of those prequel episodes and show what happened prior to some season 1 & 2 episodes. But now that has a hell of a lot more meaning, like Lucas really wants to explain the force and the origin of force users.

I'm pretty excited to see this season come to fruition.

And I'm curious to see where they go the next season. Isn't the next season the last? Or am I mistaken?

I thought it was five seasons or roughly 100 episodes. But if the show continues to be Cartoon Network's biggest success, it could go on longer. They'll just use the MASH excuse. 3 year war, 11 seasons. :lol:

Meh...this is the gripe I have with CW. If it was such an epic war Lucas should have had the forethought to make it at the bare minimum 5 years long.

Maul as a robot=bad comedy.

Why just clone him.

For that matter, why not just clone Anakin & implant his memores, and forgo the whole cyborg Vader thing. Same goes for Grievus. It's why games like Force Unleased are non-canon, we don't know that cloning & memory transfer works that way in SW.

Meh...this is the gripe I have with CW. If it was such an epic war Lucas should have had the forethought to make it at the bare minimum 5 years long.

Maul as a robot=bad comedy.

I agree about Maul. Darth Maul alive in anyway just isn't going to work for me. A ghost Maul perhaps, with proper explanation.

As for the Clone Wars, I think it went on as long as Palpatine needed it to, to gain power and thin out the Jedi ranks. He got it to a point where he felt confident he could turn Anakin and in one quick strike wipe out the remaining Jedi. What we need to see in this show is, Papaltine ordering Republic assaults on different locations and such, then Darth Sidious appearing to Grievous stating his intelligence reports indicate Repulic forces massing in that location. Thus giving Grievous the needed heads up to launch a massive counterstrike wiping out the Republic forces and the large number of Jedi Generals there.

Not only are the Seperatists in need of some major victories, the war itself needs to be costly to the Jedi order. Right now I can only recall seeing like 5 Jedi killed on screen.

1. Grievous kills the newly appointed Jedi Knight in his home

2. Cad Bane tortures one to death

3. Ima Guna Di (creative name) is killed on Ryloth buying time for the residents of that area to evacuate.

4-5. Savage Opress kills two taking the temple.

Am I missing any?

I would love to see Grievous kill some more, Dooku to kill a coucil member or two, plus several die off in the war.

3. Ima Guna Di (creative name) is killed on Ryloth buying time for the residents of that area to evacuate.

1. Nahdarr Vebb

2. Bolla Ropal

3. Ima-Gun Di (still creative)

4. Halsey

5. Knox

C'mon, man. Respect the dead. :p

For that matter, why not just clone Anakin & implant his memores, and forgo the whole cyborg Vader thing. Same goes for Grievus. It's why games like Force Unleased are non-canon, we don't know that cloning & memory transfer works that way in SW.

Maybe the technology won't clone mediclorians? :unsure:

I remember in the 1st episode with Yoda on the Toydarian planet he mentions that even though they are clones they are all unique in the force.

I agree about Maul. Darth Maul alive in anyway just isn't going to work for me. A ghost Maul perhaps, with proper explanation.

As for the Clone Wars, I think it went on as long as Palpatine needed it to, to gain power and thin out the Jedi ranks. He got it to a point where he felt confident he could turn Anakin and in one quick strike wipe out the remaining Jedi. What we need to see in this show is, Papaltine ordering Republic assaults on different locations and such, then Darth Sidious appearing to Grievous stating his intelligence reports indicate Repulic forces massing in that location. Thus giving Grievous the needed heads up to launch a massive counterstrike wiping out the Republic forces and the large number of Jedi Generals there.

Not only are the Seperatists in need of some major victories, the war itself needs to be costly to the Jedi order. Right now I can only recall seeing like 5 Jedi killed on screen.

Am I missing any?

I would love to see Grievous kill some more, Dooku to kill a coucil member or two, plus several die off in the war.

All Sidious is trying to do is keep the balance of power at a stalemate until he can get Anakin to join the dark side. That must have been his goal from the first time he knew of Anakin's existence. The Sepretists don't need many victories any more than the Republic does. Killing many clones will not hurt the Jedi Order. It will only hurt Sidious once he gains complete power. The only reason Sidious created the Separatist movement was to have a reason to create a clone army that he can control himself. He deosn't want a lot of Sepretist victories. His main problem has always been that he needs to wipe out the Jedi in order to gain power. Jedi are hard to kill when they are on guard during a battle. It's best done in one fell swoop by surprise thus the reason for Order 66. The droid army are easy kills for Jedi and Sidious knows he can't wipe out Jedi with droids. At the same time he needs a valid reason to order the clones to kill Jedi. The transfer of power is always a tricky situation and he needed the events of the Jedi going after him to really pull it off. Killing the the Separatist leaders is always something that would be easy for him to do once the Jedi are out of the way. Such as the events in Ep. III.

BTW, don't forget all the Jedi that were killed on Geonosis. That was a pretty decent body count if you ask me.

Perhaps what you mean is that it would be cool to see more battles and more of the trails and tribulations of war. Maybe the Separatists win a major battle, kill some Jedi one time, and the next time the Jedi wins a big battle destroying lots of Separatist forces. Kind of like, oh I don't know, the 1st Clone Wars cartoon that came on Cartoon Network. :D That was pretty cool and I wish this latest series would go more along that route.

All Sidious is trying to do is keep the balance of power at a stalemate until he can get Anakin to join the dark side. That must have been his goal from the first time he knew of Anakin's existence. The Sepretists don't need many victories any more than the Republic does.

No, but in the show, they (the seperatists)aren't getting many victories at all. Even when they do well, like in Landing at Point Rain or ARC troopers, they lose that the end. They need more victories that basically forces the Senate to continue to grant more powers to the Chancellor. I mean, the Seperatists have to be a very credible threat, that endangers the lives of the citizens of the Republic. Otherwise there isn't much need for the Chancellor to get more and more power if the Seperatists are constantly losing ground and retreating.

Killing many clones will not hurt the Jedi Order. It will only hurt Sidious once he gains complete power. The only reason Sidious created the Separatist movement was to have a reason to create a clone army that he can control himself. He deosn't want a lot of Sepretist victories. His main problem has always been that he needs to wipe out the Jedi in order to gain power. Jedi are hard to kill when they are on guard during a battle. It's best done in one fell swoop by surprise thus the reason for Order 66. The droid army are easy kills for Jedi and Sidious knows he can't wipe out Jedi with droids. At the same time he needs a valid reason to order the clones to kill Jedi.

I agree with most of this, but he has a massive clone army at his command and they are continuing to make more. He needs this war to eliminate as many Jedi as they can. Droids while weak and easy to destroy, can be overwhelming in many numbers. If a group of Jedi are on a cruiser that is destroyed by seperatists ships that is another few to fall. Order 66 does catch them off guard, but the less there is the less likely there will be survivors of it.

Perhaps what you mean is that it would be cool to see more battles and more of the trails and tribulations of war. Maybe the Separatists win a major battle, kill some Jedi one time, and the next time the Jedi wins a big battle destroying lots of Separatist forces. Kind of like, oh I don't know, the 1st Clone Wars cartoon that came on Cartoon Network. :D That was pretty cool and I wish this latest series would go more along that route.

And there is that too. One issue with constant "good guy" victories is it just makes it seem like an old saturday morning cartoon. The villians are defeated again. Grievous is becoming like a scooby doo villian... "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling Jedi." The writers need to watch some SDF Macross or Macross Frontier and discover what good it does in shows when the Antagonists get major victories.

No, but in the show, they (the seperatists)aren't getting many victories at all. Even when they do well, like in Landing at Point Rain or ARC troopers, they lose that the end. They need more victories that basically forces the Senate to continue to grant more powers to the Chancellor. I mean, the Seperatists have to be a very credible threat, that endangers the lives of the citizens of the Republic. Otherwise there isn't much need for the Chancellor to get more and more power if the Seperatists are constantly losing ground and retreating.

I agree with most of this, but he has a massive clone army at his command and they are continuing to make more. He needs this war to eliminate as many Jedi as they can. Droids while weak and easy to destroy, can be overwhelming in many numbers. If a group of Jedi are on a cruiser that is destroyed by seperatists ships that is another few to fall. Order 66 does catch them off guard, but the less there is the less likely there will be survivors of it.

And there is that too. One issue with constant "good guy" victories is it just makes it seem like an old saturday morning cartoon. The villians are defeated again. Grievous is becoming like a scooby doo villian... "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling Jedi." The writers need to watch some SDF Macross or Macross Frontier and discover what good it does in shows when the Antagonists get major victories.

Sean, I couldn't agree with you more.

Lucas once said "the better your antagonist, the better the protagonist by default...and everyone loves to root for the underdog." (<===paraphrase)

Seriously, George Lucas should watch THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. It's okay if the good guys loose. We will still root for them.

Edited by ae_productions

It was a win win for Palpantine no matter what happened. If the Separatist manages to defeat the Jedi, he wins. If the Jedi wins against the Separatist all he had to do was order 66 which he did. It's really sad and tragic that the Jedi was blinded so bad.

It leads me to think what would have needed to happen in order for the Jedi to survive? Besides killing Palpantine...

Episode 315: Overlords

Synopsis: A mysterious force draws Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka to a distant planet, and its inhabitants -- a family of exceptionally powerful Force-wielders -- in an attempt to determine whether Anakin is truly the Chosen One.

Let's hope they go more into depth as to what in the hell it means to be "the chosen one."