I would love to see them kill off Asoka. While the character has grown on me, there is an important aspect to Anakin's character development that still needs to be addressed before the series ends; and that is his transformation into a Jedi-hating Sith lord. Its time we start seeing him violating the rules, using his anger, and giving in to the dark side. Since Asoka was not in Ep. III, this is the perfect opportunity to do this.

The reason I think they may do it this season is that we see her vision of her own death and we see Cad Bane possibly using her light saber. At the very least, have her destroyed physically or mentally so that she cannot continue in the Jedi order, enough to push Anakin over the edge, but not scare the kids watching the show :)

Edited by Totoro242

Glad to see Ventress return, after taking all of season 2 off. The Sith turning on her could have some really cool storyline possibilities.

I don't think they will kill off Ahsoka till closer to the end of the series. She is a popular character right now, and really the only major character (besides Rex) that is not seen in any of the movies. Take her away and we know the fates of everyone else, so for some there may not be as much of a reason to watch. Keep her around and either have Ventress or Bane kill her, and Anakin snaps then kills them, or give her an honorable sacrificial death. Done the right way, it could have the same impact as Charlie's death on LOST.

After reading an article about Lucas not killing off Han Solo to keep toy sales up this leads me to believe Ahsoka will be around until at least the end of the series...we all agree that good storytelling will have something bad happen to her and whatever that is will help push Anakin towards the Dark, its obvious and makes sense, sadly none of that means Lucas will do it. Not bashing Clone Wars, Season 1 and 2 rocked and by the looks of the trailer, 3 is going to be epic, but you know it and I know it, there will be some form of disappointment in the end.

Two things I want this season, more Mandalores, and the introduction of the ETA-2 Jedi Starfighter...next to the X-wing its my favorite fighter in the entire saga.

I think if or when she is killed off, that it should in some way involve the Jedi letting it happen in some way, like she's held hostage and the Jedi won't negotiate with the kidnappers or something like that. This way it would further push Skywalker away from the Jedi....or maybe make him feel responsible because he couldn't save her in time, like his mother.

Chris

Ohh MAN! Season 3 lookin good!! Bring it on! (why no Season 2 Blu-Ray BEFORE Season 3 premier though???....Lucas Fail.)

Same reason why we didn't get the season 1 bluray before season 2 aired...mystery! As CN here isn't in HD, I'll do my usual wait for the bluray set option.

I've had this theory in the back of my mind for a while now, that Lucas may pull off a huge retcon with Clone Wars and completely change the Star Wars story, with Anakin not turning to the dark side and not becoming Vader, but instead being killed by Vader, as Obi Wan orginally described to Luke in A New Hope.

Sounds crazy, I know, but so far though seasons 1 and 2, Anakin is just too goody goody, to be anywhere remotely near turning to the dark side. While he's still impulsive and does things his own way, having Ahsoka as a Padawan seems to have brought out a more resonsible side to him and mellowed him quite a bit. I don't recall seeing any flashes of anger from Anakin or him losing his temper yet.

Graham

I've had this theory in the back of my mind for a while now, that Lucas may pull off a huge retcon with Clone Wars and completely change the Star Wars story, with Anakin not turning to the dark side and not becoming Vader, but instead being killed by Vader, as Obi Wan orginally described to Luke in A New Hope.

Sounds crazy, I know, but so far though seasons 1 and 2, Anakin is just too goody goody, to be anywhere remotely near turning to the dark side. While he's still impulsive and does things his own way, having Ahsoka as a Padawan seems to have brought out a more resonsible side to him and mellowed him quite a bit. I don't recall seeing any flashes of anger from Anakin or him losing his temper yet.

Graham

Then the solution is simple. Anakin must lose Ahsoka sooner than later. And it must be because of some "goody" option that he chooses. Letting someone live, etc.

Graham

It would definitely be an interesting and off the wall change. However I seriously doubt he would retcon the story any where near that much, even if it was just for The Clone Wars series and never meant to be canon.

As for Anakin, there wasn't anything in season 1 that I can think of showing a darker Anakin, and not much in season 2, but then again Lucas wanted to show the hero Anakin who was a good friend to Obi Wan, something he wasn't able to show as much in Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith (outside of the first half).

In season 2 though, Anakin did hit, then force choke Poggle for information without the other Jedi knowing, and after they failed to get Poggle to talk. Showed jealousy when Padme was with that other Senator. Showed excessive worry when he feared Ahsoka's death, even Luminara had to calm him some. Stabbed the one Mandalorian guy in the back when he was going to blow up the ship. - The act was totally justified, but not the Jedi way. Anakin and Ahsoka keeping a kill count, while most were droids, there were Geonosians there as well. Plus his teachings are rubbing off on Ahsoka, as evident with her reaction to one whole stole her lightsaber.

I think all in all, they are just looking to take their time with building up dark moments with him. Let him be the hero that the Republic saw him as during the Clone Wars, which will make his fall all the more tragic.

Aayla...my favorite Twi'lek...I hate that she got taken out without the remote chance of surviving Order 66... mad.gif

The only way the Order 66 scene could have been better, is if they showed Anakin's lightsaber lob off a kids head, even if in silhouette only. Hell, Lucas even let his own kid get eaten alive by clone troopers, I love ep III :)

The only way the Order 66 scene could have been better, is if they showed Anakin's lightsaber lob off a kids head, even if in silhouette only. Hell, Lucas even let his own kid get eaten alive by clone troopers, I love ep III :)

My wife is not the biggest Star Wars fan. She took me to Episode 3, and after wards, she turned to me and said, "I can see why you love Star Wars so much. That was really good!" :) That made my day!

You guys are forgetting another possability on the Ahsoka issue. She may be CGI'd in to the bluray release of Episode III, and killed there! :)

Has anyone seen the deleted scenes from Episode 3? Grevious kills a Jedi that looks exactly like a grown up Ahsoka in the hold of his ship in the opening sequence.

Edited by one_klump

Has anyone seen the deleted scenes from Episode 3? Grevious kills a Jedi that looks exactly like a grown up Ahsoka in the hold of his ship in the opening sequence.

When the Clone Wars cartoon aired, it was intended to be a canon lead-in into Episode III. At the end of the cartoon, Shaak Ti is captured by Grievous when he kidnaps Palpatine on Coruscant. This leads into the beginning of the film and her character's fate was to be resolved in the film but was cut.

Well thanks a ton David, I feel much better. I remember seeing that clip and then seeing Ahsoka, and feeling bad for her, thinking that we would get to know her as a character, then see her die a horrible death at the hands of a monster.

Edited by one_klump

• 3 weeks later...

Season 3 got off to a great start,Clone Cadets was a awesome flashback episode of the 'Rookies' from season 1,I Like Shaak Ti's portrayal in the episodes too,ARC Troopers was great too,nice to see Ventress using her abilitys more,over all great eps to what looks like will be a great season.

I agree, though I wish they would stop with Obi Wan and Grievous dueling. I mean in Revenge of the Sith Grievous tells Obi Wan, "You fool, I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku." At this point when the release Sith on Bluray, they might as well have Obi Wan respond with something like "yeah, no duh, we've fought like 12 times."

With Shaak Ti there, it would have been great to see her go up against Grievous. Great having Ventress back, her seductress banter with Grievous was great!