Sean, that was one of the best posts ever. And yes...Palpatine's convo at the end probably rescued the entire season lol...

I agree, if I wanted to hear debate about troops, healthcare, bank regulations, all I need to do is switch to FOX or CNN. What the hell is it doing in Star Wars? Anyone over the age of 16 can easily identify the last couple eps are entirely "Earth Issues" and a singular point of view behind it.

Something tells me BD sales for this season will be the lowest of the entire series...as for Savage Opress I give the writers a -1 for creativity. Savage? Really, is that all? A savage Zabrak? Go figure! Opress, Ventress, is it a requirement for new villians to have a double "s" at the end of their name to seem scarry? :rolleyes:

And how about Darth Vader? Really? What, does he invade things? And what's with this Sidious fellow? Let me guess, he's insidious? Is Maul going to maul me? And what about Tyrannus? He couldn't be...tyrannical, could he? :p

My point is is that "Savage Oppress" doesn't sound any more or less silly to me than any other Sith name. None of them are very inspired.

Well pointed out eriku.

So I guess we are going to be savagely oppressed next then!

Anyway, the last several episodes have pretty much killed my 6 1/2 year old son's interest in The Clone Wars, which is a shame, as we used to enjoy watching it together. I really do hope the show redeems itself with the coming episodes.

And while Jedi fights are OK I suppose, what my son and I realy like seeing is Clone battles.

Graham

Well pointed out eriku.

So I guess we are going to be savagely oppressed next then!

Anyway, the last several episodes have pretty much killed my 6 1/2 year old son's interest in The Clone Wars, which is a shame, as we used to enjoy watching it together. I really do hope the show redeems itself with the coming episodes.

And while Jedi fights are OK I suppose, what my son and I realy like seeing is Clone battles.

Graham

Yeah. Even though I still like them for the background stories (and I'm amongst the minority), my 6 year old also falls asleep during the eps. Only 11 eps left!

This is my stance on the SW names. Many culture's with languages that aren't English have names/common names that mean direct things. Native American's for instance. Put into that context, names like "Skywalker" & Vader, etc, don't seem unnatural at all. With that said, I haven't seen any of the 3rd season yet, but if it stays at the standard 22 episodes, it's way too early to write it off yet.

This is my stance on the SW names. Many culture's with languages that aren't English have names/common names that mean direct things. Native American's for instance. Put into that context, names like "Skywalker" & Vader, etc, don't seem unnatural at all.

Oh indeed. While I think a lot of Star Wars names sound silly or cheesy, that's part of the fun for me. I prefer names like "Skywalker" over the trying-too-hard "sci-fi" names. If I'm reading a sci-fi novel and some ridiculous unpronouncable name like Kz'Kerzzzghlz shows up it takes me out of the story far more than a Savage Oppress would.

^ It will be a few weeks till the next episode, perhaps he will forgive and forget what they did in the first half of this season, and give it another go. From the looks of things, this season should really start picking up big time... at least I hope.

I didn't know there were going to be any breaks. So when does the next episode air then?

Anybody know?

Graham

I think the next Clone Wars ep airs on the 7th of January 2011. It will be the start of the Dooku/Ventress and lead into Savage episodes. The Advanced Screening of the Savage Opress at the cinema in the States also had a end of season trailer that was reportedly quite dark. sounds good to me. :D

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/14/star-wars-the-clone-wars-trailer-an-ew-exclusive/

Exclusive Clone Wars Season 3 trailer! Looks epic! Cant wait till the season resumes holy dooly lol good Sh*T!

has abit of a spoiler at the end but awesome.

edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpGFYcv0uK4 - youtube Version.

Edited by Vepariga

• 3 weeks later...

^ Earlier time tonight too. 8:30/7:30 CST

Episode 312: Nightsisters

Synopsis: Darth Sidious, troubled by Ventress's growing prowess with the dark side of the Force, commands Count Dooku to eliminate her. When Ventress survives Dooku's assassination attempt, the jilted former apprentice vows to take revenge, enlisting her kinswomen -- the Nightsisters of Dathomir -- in her scheme

New ep was AWESOME!! heaps of action,saber duels and a great opening space battle,this is Clone Wars back with a bang. Great episode!! Good seeing Ventress's past too,I found that awesome.

I Loved seeing Ventress's past! Damn near the entire episode rocked! Heck the only thing I had an issue with was Ventress at one point had Anakin and Obi Wan beaten at the same time. Especially with Dooku, I mean Darth Tyranus (Loved that they finally used his sith name) defeating Ventress and the two most powerful nightsisters, all the while mostly blinded and senses dulled. If episodes like this are what is to come for the remainder of the season, I am willing to forgive and forget most of the first half and get this on bluray when it comes out. :lol:

Awesome start to the second half of the season. If they can maintain even half of this quality for the remainder of the season then there is hope that the 3rd season can be salvaged yet.

Nitpicks: Only one. Ventress was disarmed in her duel with Obi-Wan and Anakin, yet she had her light sabers holstered when she was rescued by the salvage ship; she wasn't shown retrieving her weapons prior to boarding her crippled fighter just before cruiser explodes... are we to assume that she had an extra pair inside the cockpit?...

Easter egg, maybe: I loved the droid commander's response to Lord Tyranus... "By your command..." very Cylon-esque.

Observations: Ventress, under ordinary circumstances, is a match for Obi-Wan in a saber fight and in Force skills, but when cornered she kicks butt (maybe Sydious was right to be concerned). Also, Dooku would have been beaten by the 3 sisters except that, being a Sith Lord, he can unleash Force discharges that caught his assailants unprepared.

Just saw it and, yes, GREAT EPISODE for all reasons stated above. Ms. Katie Lucas has, so far, shown she can give us some quality stuff. Now onto Clancy Brown's Savage.....

Easter egg, maybe: I loved the droid commander's response to Lord Tyranus... "By your command..." very Cylon-esque.
Yeah, nice little homage.

What an awesome episode...Dooku rocked...period.

I think they handled the Nightsisters very well, kudos to Katie Lucas for that. Dathomir was right on the money.The Witches voices reminded me a bit of the Bene Gesserit. They had that raspy echo following each sentence. Nice effect imo. Now we have to see some mounted on Rancors :)

This is definitely a great start to the second half.

Finally a decent space battle! Although I am hoping we get to see the ETA-2's in action soon. Would hate to only see it for the opening scene of Ep 3 and some from the original Clone Wars series. :(

Anyone notice that the "Mother" was a direct copy of the concept art for a Sith Witch from the art of episode I book. I remember this because I thought it was creepy looking....very cool ;)

Chris

Loved the episode! Easily one of my top five favorite episodes ever.

One thing kept bothering me about the Night Sister warriors while I was watching it and I couldn't put my finger on it. Then it occured to me that I had see them before:

4615759170_2f006a7ac1.jpg

I wouldn't say its a direct rip-off, but the similarities to Zealot from Wildcats is very striking.