Newbie Questions on Macross

Yeah i read the continuum after I posted (Which I should have done in the first place...). Seems a dangerous proposition to me; in battroid the fuel is ina dangerously exposed area. Then again, a detonation of the tanks would cause less adamage due to being external...

Yeah i read the continuum after I posted (Which I should have done in the first place...). Seems a dangerous proposition to me; in battroid the fuel is ina dangerously exposed area. Then again, a detonation of the tanks would cause less adamage due to being external...

Oh, i've got another noob question. Is there a version of Sunset Beach sung by Misa's voice artist? I fondly remember that episode where Misa is in the bar singing a few lines.

Perhaps they're a non-combustable propellant? I think you could technically call the reaction mass used for space motion "propellant," though most poeple will think of a combustable product.

Perhaps they're a non-combustable propellant? I think you could technically call the reaction mass used for space motion "propellant," though most poeple will think of a combustable product.

even if it is a combustible, we have RL tech used to direct explosions away from internal gear, I'm sure a similar system would be in place on a valk.

besides... the little shoulder packs on the yf-19 are nowhere NEAR as silly as the ginormous on the vf-19.

Bare w/ me guys....

I grew up watching the Robotech series here in the states, recently on the recommendation of a friend I watched DYRL, and the Macruss Plus DVD's, very cool....

Anyway I have heard there is a "Japenese" version of the robotech series, a little more violent, some added scenes that werent in the american compilation, ect...

What, if it even exsits, is the name of this alternate series?

I have been searching e-bay finding copies of the Macross movies for my personal collection, bu t I would like to have the series as well, 36 episodes I beleive..

Any help?

Thanks guys,

Ashton

Anyway I have heard there is a "Japenese" version of the robotech series, a little more violent, some added scenes that werent in the american compilation, ect...

I have been searching e-bay finding copies of the Macross movies for my personal collection, bu t I would like to have the series as well, 36 episodes I beleive..

Any help?

Thanks guys,

Ashton

It's called Super Dimensional Frotress Macross or just Macross. It is indeed 36 episodes, and is the original work on which Robotech is based. ADV is the current licence holder for the series, and you can find it where ever finer DVDs are sold.

Edited by Father Jack

• 2 weeks later...

The GF-2200 Ghost has 5 micro missile launchers, all mounted on the forward dorsal hull. On my website, I've shaded the ports a little darker than the rest of the fighter:

vf-0a-angel-fighter.gif

They don't appear to interfere with anything, so I see no reason why they can't fire when attached to the VF-0A.

Yeah. I blame Big West. And you should too :) They really need to release a proper Macross Zero art book with all the goodies from the series. Then I could make a proper profile for everything in the show.

All I've got right now is the "Angel/Raid" version of the VF-0A, where you'll find a brief listing of the armament on the QF-2200A. I wish I had more line art that I could scan, but that's all that's available for Macross Zero :(

VF-0A Angel/Raid

Well, at least I was able to answer your question :)

having just got my ghost I have a question: Is it armed? Im sure i rmeember seeing the unmanned one shooting somwrthing down...it has micro missles? If so where? And can they fire when attached to the zero?

The GF2200 Ghost is a sophisticated UCAV (Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle). It was attached to the VF-0's to give them additional thrust and range. By design they could fire their missile launchers, because none of them were located underneath the nose, only on top.

However, they were discarded when their fuel ran out, thus it is most likely that they were not carrying any missiles, only fuel, when attached to the Zero's.

Bare w/ me guys....

I grew up watching the Robotech series here in the states, recently on the recommendation of a friend I watched DYRL, and the Macruss Plus DVD's, very cool....

Any help?

Thanks guys,

Ashton

Get this set:

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=93

It is HG's repackaging of the Animeigo re-master and subtitle for Super Dimension Fortress Macross the series.

The ADV dub may be easier than reading subtitles, but they take far too many liberties with the dialog that affects how the show should be seen, not to mention name pronounciations are wrong in the dub and the original sound effects were changed as well (unlike RT which kept the originals).

• 2 weeks later...
Is there, anywhere, a comprehensive list of acronyms for us n00bs?

example - GBP (I have searched on here and elsewhere, but can only find joke answers) VF, CF etc, etc....

i think it would be a handy reference for all concerned and not just us n00bs

Does no one check the Compendium anymore?

CF can mean lots of things....for example...Cannon Fodder.

An acronym primer for newbies would be very valuable here on MW.

GBP refers to the VF-1 Armored Valkyrie, GBP-1S Ground-Combat Protector Weapons System.

Okay, hmm i know the Ground -Combat Protector.... does anyone know what theactually stand for?

G - (Ground)

B - (battle?)

P - (protection?)

have gone all the way through your compendium yet, but i promise.. i will.

as i'm an old skool robotech fan just getting back into the scene (just watched the series again and had to buy 8 valks.. doh!) i have some catching up to do.

The Macross Compendium is really an indispensable reference for all things Macross. It's the definitive english website for the Macross franchise. It can be a little user unfriendly to navigate, but the content is second to none. Odds are good that if you have a question about something within Macross, the answer will be on the Macross Compendium.

Thanks for complimenting my site. I'm glad you like it. Make sure to visit often and keep your eyes open for future updates. I also post updates in a designated thread, so if you're visiting MW, you'll notice it pop up from time to time :)

Wow its been while since I posted, well on to my question. I wasn't sure where to ask so I thought I'd try here without starting a whole new thread.

What are the Macross 13's colors from VF-X2?

I've always been curious about the color schemes certain mecha and and warships we've only seen in B&W lineart. Not exactly a newbie question, but again I thought this thread would be the best place to ask.

Wow its been while since I posted, well on to my question. I wasn't sure where to ask so I thought I'd try here without starting a whole new thread.

I've always been curious about the color schemes certain mecha and and warships we've only seen in B&W lineart. Not exactly a newbie question, but again I thought this thread would be the best place to ask.

Books were no good.

So here are screen caps. Unfortunately, the light source is behind M13 so I cannot guarantee the actual hue or intensity of the colors. In fact, I even had to brighten the screencaps (i.e. the violet may be more red, the arms may be dark grey/blue, etc).

m13mo3.th.jpg m132ba3.th.jpg

My website is good for Macross Mecha colors. I hope you take a look (see the link in my signature).

Unfortunately, I don't have the Macross 13 colors yet. I hope Azrael has some pictures because I could really use some color reference for that ship.

OK, who can explain this quote to me? It's in reference to how Fokker died in SDFM and is in DRYL??

"I forgot to mention, DYRL is supposed to be a movie about SW1 (Space War 1) within the Macross world. This would mean that the Roy you see in DYRL is not the real Roy Focker, but is, in fact, an actor playing the part of Roy Focker. Confused yet? "

And yes, I am confused yet :wacko:

DYRL was first a movie version of the series. But in Macross 7, it was mentioned that DYRL was actually a movie "based on the actual Space War One" events that was the original series. So if you lived in the SDF: MACROSS / Macross 7 universe, then DYRL is just a movie with actors that looked incredibly like the actual persons were depicted.

OK, who can explain this quote to me? It's in reference to how Fokker died in SDFM and is in DRYL??

"I forgot to mention, DYRL is supposed to be a movie about SW1 (Space War 1) within the Macross world. This would mean that the Roy you see in DYRL is not the real Roy Focker, but is, in fact, an actor playing the part of Roy Focker. Confused yet? "

And yes, I am confused yet :wacko:

DYRL?, firstly, is a retelling of SDF Macross (our real world). Secondly, there is a movie within the Macross universe called DYRL?, which looks almost like our real-world DYRL?. Therefore, in the Macross universe, they Roy you see in DYRL? is not the real Roy Focker, but an actor. It all depends on who's point-of-view we are looking at.

If we are looking at it from our real-world POV, then that is indeed, the one, the only, Roy Focker, who dies in this retelling of SDFM.

If we look at it as a character in the Macross universe, then that is not Roy Focker, but just some actor who portrays him in this movie called DYRL?.

In the "Mecha Manual" (thanks again Mr March) I only see the VF-0A listed with the ghost booster, the "Angle" I believe is the designation.

Did a VF-0S ever show up in Zero with the Ghost? Like in the Yamato below? Or is this a Yamato creation? I would like to have a VF-0 with the ghost booster for my now overpacked shelves, and I think the "S" looks a little more sexy, but I want to have something that was actualy in the show (that I have on DVD but have not gotten to yet), not a "fake" designation.

PH1183538492.jpg

So to be accurate and true can I get the VF0S with the booster, or should I get the "A"?

thanks

DYRL was first a movie version of the series. But in Macross 7, it was mentioned that DYRL was actually a movie "based on the actual Space War One" events that was the original series. So if you lived in the SDF: MACROSS / Macross 7 universe, then DYRL is just a movie with actors that looked incredibly like the actual persons were depicted.

Wow, I'm glad I asked. Who would have thunk?

So would it be safe to assume that most Macross fans see themselves as part of, or in the SDFM Universe and that DYRL is something along the lines of the Clint Eastwood film "Flags of Our Fathers"?