Newbie Questions on Macross

I have a couple of questions;

1. Does the GU-11 Gunpod have a reload option, like spare 'clips' - or is the only way a VF can have a full load is to get a pre-loaded gunpod - like the one in M.Zero that is on the re-fueling plane?

2. Did the VF-0 ever get updated engines? Like an early generation VF-1 engine?

I have a couple of questions;

1. Does the GU-11 Gunpod have a reload option, like spare 'clips' - or is the only way a VF can have a full load is to get a pre-loaded gunpod - like the one in M.Zero that is on the re-fueling plane?

The latter. The GU-11 has no provision for reloading in the field.

2. Did the VF-0 ever get updated engines? Like an early generation VF-1 engine?

Nope.

Two reasons:

1. The VF-1 "engine" isn't really similar to the jet engines used in the VF-0. You'd have to do a massive overhaul to make it work.

2. The VF-0 was never intended to be a service plane. It's a one-off testbed platform.

There's no real point to upgrading the engines instead of just borrowing a few VF-1s once production gets up to speed.

• 3 weeks later...
Just two (silly) questions: What is the type of the ships that the 'bugs' in Macross F destroyed, and is Macross Frontier a Megaroad-class ship? I'm not good in identify ships... :p

1. - Not sure some of us have speculated possibly a Haruna-class or some unknown at this time class.

2. - A really big New Macross-Class so far.

1. - Not sure some of us have speculated possibly a Haruna-class or some unknown at this time class.

2. - A really big New Macross-Class so far.

Macross 25 (or the aircraft carrier portion of Frontier) appears to be your standard New Macross-Class. The City portion is the really big part.

Because, in the final mission you have the option to destroy it right? (because the terrorists take control of it...)

It possibly may not be there, if after Mac 7 series and before Frontier Spacy was reformed.

The game's story may well have some relevance to the new series... VF-X2 takes place in 2050, between Mac 7 and Frontier...

I know this is a weird question...but does it rain on the Macross colony ships?? if I remember correctly there was one episode on Macross 7 where it's raining, but is there a need for rain on colony ships?

Yes, they can make it "rain" in the colony ships. They made it rain on M7 in order to cool down the ship due to someone tampering with the environmental controls, making the place very hot.

Yes, they can make it "rain" in the colony ships. They made it rain on M7 in order to cool down the ship due to someone tampering with the environmental controls, making the place very hot.

ahhh...makes perfect sense.... thansk a lot ^_^

It should be Macross-13 (although, SDF-1 does appear in the game). Apparently that the FAQ on GameFAQs got that one wrong.

Somehow I remember that there is an option for the player to switch sides and one story tree has them attacking the Spacy HQ aka the SDF-1 and another has them defending it.

But it's been a while since I've read the synopsis.

It should be Macross-13 (although, SDF-1 does appear in the game). Apparently that the FAQ on GameFAQs got that one wrong.

I followed the links you sent me and just realized that I used the same GameFAQ to help build the VF-X2 profiles for my website :)

Yes, the writer of the VF-X2 FAQ indeed has it wrong. He continually names the Macross 13 as if it's the SDF-1 Macross, obviously not knowing the difference (which is a distinct possibility, since Macross 7 was never as well known internationally as SDF Macross or Macross Plus, so many fans may not even know what the "New Macross Class" is). Regardless, the ship in VF-X2 is absolutely a New Macross Class (number 13). The cinematic scenes show the New Macross design clearly and it is notably using a hand-held cannon.

Good catch azrael.

And just for good measure and completeness, here is the Macross 13 profile from my website:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossga/newmacross13.htm

Enjoy :)

Edited by Mr March

I've got a newbie question!

I've often heard many fans here on MW claim the VF-19 was not in widespread use even by the year 2050. Let me ask this bluntly; where is this "fact" coming from? I've never read it anywhere. Is this official trivia? Is this something that was stated outright in VF-X2, which fans are assuming as canon? Where exactly does this commonly held theory come from that the VF-19 was still not in widespread use a decade after being formerly adopted by the UN Spacy? Any help?

I've often heard many fans here on MW claim the VF-19 was not in widespread use even by the year 2050. Let me ask this bluntly; where is this "fact" coming from? I've never read it anywhere. Is this official trivia? Is this something that was stated outright in VF-X2, which fans are assuming as canon? Where exactly does this commonly held theory come from that the VF-19 was still not in widespread use a decade after being formerly adopted by the UN Spacy? Any help?

It may have come about since we have seen so few VF-19s in service. What people should keep in mind is that the focus of each series is very limited. You're only seeing what occurs around the characters of the story. There's lots more stories and people out there so we never see beyond the scope of the story. If Zola could purchase a VF-19P, then that must mean something. I see the lack of VF-19s in service based on need. M7 never needed VF-19s for most of their voyage so why replace something that's not broken, and the VF-11s on-board M7 were upgraded to C-versions. And they haven't run into any major problems until they met the Varuata army. But this was only M7. It doesn't say anything for any of the other fleets out there. There could be a fleet out there that went for the VF-19 instead of upgrading to the VF-11C, or VF-14, or whatever. The truth is, we don't know because the story isn't focus on every fleet, just 1 or 2.

In fact, there's a large enough volume of air that it should have a natural rain cycle.

NASA's Vehicle Assembly Building is a large enough room to experience natural rain, and a colony ship is, obviously, MUCH larger.

It may have come about since we have seen so few VF-19s in service. What people should keep in mind is that the focus of each series is very limited. You're only seeing what occurs around the characters of the story. There's lots more stories and people out there so we never see beyond the scope of the story. If Zola could purchase a VF-19P, then that must mean something. I see the lack of VF-19s in service based on need. M7 never needed VF-19s for most of their voyage so why replace something that's not broken, and the VF-11s on-board M7 were upgraded to C-versions. And they haven't run into any major problems until they met the Varuata army. But this was only M7. It doesn't say anything for any of the other fleets out there. There could be a fleet out there that went for the VF-19 instead of upgrading to the VF-11C, or VF-14, or whatever. The truth is, we don't know because the story isn't focus on every fleet, just 1 or 2.

That's a good explanation. I'd figured it was more fan perception than actual fact. I'd have to agree with you that it sure seems erroneous to me. The fact that a VF-19P was on Zola is quite telling that the VF-19 was well spread/available across UN Spacy space by 2047. And like you said, the Macross 7 fleet was already well stocked (and launched prior to the outcome of the Project Super Nova AVF) which would have little need for the latest fighters until actual war broke out, which is exactly what happened.

In fact, there's a large enough volume of air that it should have a natural rain cycle.

I was going to mention this as well. The space colonies in Gundam have natural rain cycles as well. Rain occurs when an atmosphere becomes saturated with water vapor. The water then condenses and precipitates.

That's a good explanation. I'd figured it was more fan perception than actual fact. I'd have to agree with you that it sure seems erroneous to me. The fact that a VF-19P was on Zola is quite telling that the VF-19 was well spread/available across UN Spacy space by 2047. And like you said, the Macross 7 fleet was already well stocked (and launched prior to the outcome of the Project Super Nova AVF) which would have little need for the latest fighters until actual war broke out, which is exactly what happened.

I was under the impression Basara brought the VF-19P and that Zola was only equipped with VF-5000s...

I was under the impression Basara brought the VF-19P and that Zola was only equipped with VF-5000s...

The VF-19P that Basra borrowed was one that the Zola Patrol just received and modified with the special sound sensor system.

Basara was originally going to fly with Laiza in her VF-5000G when he noticed the VF-19P in the same hangar. He then distinctly said to Lawrence that he was "borrowing this" in reference to the VF-19P. The VF-19P also uses HOTAS cockpit controls and is not flown using the non-conventional guitar stick of his VF-19 Custom (though, like the VT-1C Basara pilots earlier, he still uses a guitar to tap and nudge the throttle and stick controls in the desired direction...I kid you not). Ergo, the VF-19P was not Basara's; it belonged to the Zolans.

Basara was originally going to fly with Laiza in her VF-5000G when he noticed the VF-19P in the same hangar. He then distinctly said to Lawrence that he was "borrowing this" in reference to the VF-19P. The VF-19P also uses HOTAS cockpit controls and is not flown using the non-conventional guitar stick of his VF-19 Custom (though, like the VT-1C Basara pilots earlier, he still uses a guitar to tap and nudge the throttle and stick controls in the desired direction...I kid you not). Ergo, the VF-19P was not Basara's; it belonged to the Zolans.

Yeap that's right. Basara was travelling the universe and left his VF-19kai back home at Macross 7. He then comandeered the VF-19P, controlled it by nudging the conventional controls with his guitar. :lol:

Later it got splattered with whale blood so it has the red fire valkyrie look, he wiped the visor with the battroid's hands and voila...two eyes! VF-19Kai reborn! :lol:

The VF-19P also uses HOTAS cockpit controls and is not flown using the non-conventional guitar stick of his VF-19 Custom (though, like the VT-1C Basara pilots earlier, he still uses a guitar to tap and nudge the throttle and stick controls in the desired direction...I kid you not). Ergo, the VF-19P was not Basara's; it belonged to the Zolans.

Hence why I laugh at those who dane to take that show seriously...

Thanks for the info, forgot about that tidbit...

Yeap that's right. Basara was travelling the universe and left his VF-19kai back home at Macross 7. He then comandeered the VF-19P, controlled it by nudging the conventional controls with his guitar. :lol:

Later it got splattered with whale blood so it has the red fire valkyrie look, he wiped the visor with the battroid's hands and voila...two eyes! VF-19Kai reborn! :lol:

Are we certain that the 19Kai was replaced? we do see Mylene's 11Kai, spoiler:( seeing that in the finale of the serie we do her 11Kai was badly damaged while the 19Kai was completely destroyed)

Edited by RichterX

wolfx

I cringe at the thought of those events :)

Zinjuster

I agree. There's so much to laugh at in that show and it's not laughing with them :)

Are we certain that the 19Kai was replaced? we do see Mylene's 11Kai, spoiler:( seeing that in the finale of the serie we do her 11Kai was badly damaged while the 19Kai was completely destroyed)

To add to azrael's points, we actually don't know what happened to the VF-19 Custom. Technically, none of the Sound Force mecha belong to the pilots; they are the property of the UN Spacy, Macross 7 Fleet. So it stands to reason the VF-19 Custom is still onboard City 7 or maybe it was just scrapped. Mylene and Ray are obviously still in Sound Force.

Remember that Gipilnetch destroyed Basara's 19Kai and then Sylvie came to his rescue on the last episode of 7 and sing at Gipilnetch, I assume that's why we don't get to see the 19Kai after that (Thank God)

anyway, I got a new question, how come in Macross, whenever an enemy infiltrates a ship, they are always engaged by one or very limited defense forces

in DYRL, 3 Zentradi Power suit infiltrate the ship and ONLY Hikaru by disobeying orders follows them and rescues Minmei, by the way, we only see him destroy 1 power suit, what happened to the other two?

in SDFM, when Miria infiltrates the ship, only Max is after her and she finds no resistance inside the ship, in the episode were Kamlin decideds to infiltrate, we only see Hikaru and a few destroids, what gives? as well as 7, the freaking enemy was living on the ship and they never cared

as well as Frontier, the big red monster infiltrates and is only followed by William and faces a few tanks... it's just silly, you'd think they had learned their lesson

by the way, I was under the impression also that the 19P was a more toned down version of the original 19 to make it cheaper so the Zollans could aquire it and still they only got one

Edited by Valkyrie addict