Sousei no Aquarion.

-skip-

I watched the chinese sub of Aquarion 5 mins ago.

I agree with Renato. It's the best damn anime on TV at the moment. From the quality of the animation, I think Bandai put a lot of money into this anime. And, Mr.Kawamori is doing a great job with it.

Setting: Two very advanced ancient civilizations, "The Angels" and "The Fallen Angels", fought each other in a war long long time ago. At the end, The Fallen Angel lost the war...

However, Fallen Angels reappear in the 21st century to conquer earth for something they want.

Humans had no chance againist them because Fallen Angels can produce *some sort of music* to steal human bodies and souls as weapons.

One day (not sure when), a scientist/achaeologist found Aquarion in a ancient ruined site. He found out that Aquarion is a giant robot that The Angel used to fought The Fallen Angels and the Angels are *reincarnated* into some of the humans... (reincarnated is not that right... it is more like having The Angel's DNA and memory in a human body. Ep01 didn't say too much about it.)

and guess what... the main male character is the rebirth of the great Angel warrior, "The Wing of Sun" and the female character is the rebirth of the Angel's princess.

Edited by ogami

-skip-

I watched the chinese sub of Aquarion 5 mins ago.

I agree with Renato. It's the best damn anime on TV at the moment. From the quality of the animation, I think Bandai put a lot of money into this anime. And, Mr.Kawamori is doing a great job with it.

Setting: Two very advanced ancient civilizations, "The Angels" and "The Fallen Angels", fought each other in a war long long time ago. At the end, The Fallen Angel lost the war...

However, Fallen Angels reappear in the 21st century to conquer earth for something they want.

Humans had no chance againist them because Fallen Angels can produce *some sort of music* to steal human bodies and souls as weapons.

One day (not sure when), a scientist/achaeologist found Aquarion in a ancient ruined site. He found out that Aquarion is a giant robot that The Angel used to fought The Fallen Angels and the Angels are *reincarnated* into some of the humans... (reincarnated is not that right... it is more like having The Angel's DNA and memory in a human body. Ep01 didn't say too much about it.)

and guess what... the main male character is the rebirth of the great Angel warrior, "The Wing of Sun" and the female character is the rebirth of the Angel's princess.

Look foward to a english sub

Thanks Ogami.

I watched the RAW version last night but I had no idea what was going on. They really have to get over the Angel/vs. non Angel.... whatever crap with the chosen ones...

otherwise the animation was great and the mech designs were awesome. I rented Gravion for some good combiner stuff, but what a waste of time that was. I think this is more of what I was looking for.

It looks like whenever they combined they were going thru some kind of sexual encounter... :lol: it was some sort of virtual 3some (and not the good kind = MFM). :rolleyes:

I remember as a kid I use to watch my favorite animes and I would have a piece of paper and a pencil trying to draw Mazinger Z, Voltes V or Robotech. Man the designs are so complicated and the action is so fast that I would've went nuts trying to do that here. Thank goodness for lineart...

Edited by >EXO<

It looks like whenever they combined they were going thru some kind of sexual encounter... :lol: it was some sort of virtual 3some (and not the good kind = MFM). :rolleyes:

HAHA... :D sexual encounter... Yea... because they combined... :lol:

For those who haven't watch the show... At the combining scene, the minds of the pilots are joined into one and the girl yelled "It's feel so good" in a "very adultly manner"... :ph34r:

I just finnished watching the Raw and I think I´m pleased , although I didn´t understand a sheet of what they said but as everyone has said the visuals a nice looking , whoever said they blended better than Zero´s is just nuts , really , the mechas not only have shinny colours unlike the VF-0 but the textures are totally plain colors.

Also the Vf-0 was supposed to have mechanical movements , that´s the good thing about zero´s animation.

back to topic though , I like the characters so far , particularly all the mythical background behind them , the mechas are nice , it´s like finally getting an anime with AC mechas (whish is good IMO).

on the other hand , it has some really overused cliches ( overused in the sence of anime in general , not within this series) like young untrained lads that can pilot the giant mechas without problem , having special attacks being yelled before performing them and enemy mechas appearing from nowhere.

You can call these the ¨Fixed parameters in anime¨ which serve the purpose of setting more deep variety within the plot by adding OTHER plot devices that differ from other similar series ( Macross:Gundam , EVA:Rahxephon , teletubies: Steven Segal )

in that sence , all the mythical background really works for me , I think I was right when I said this is the definitive Kawamori series where he can gather all the subtle themes from recent works and expand on them on a single production.

Aquarion has elements from Escaflowne , Macros Zero , Arjuna , Macross , etc...but now concetrated as one definitive work.

This animation sounds promising, but I guess I am kinda TIRED of the teenagers with *super habilities* newtypes, reincarnations and all that crap.

Ho! and Im also tired of Bandai releasing a RX 78-2 every two weeks...

ALLWAYS the same.

And, I actually like the mecha design. Hummm but considering bandai will make SOC figures of them, and the fact I am a toy whore... I guess my oppinion doesnt count much. hehe

Who slipped the elephant juice into Kawamori-san's sake huh?

The mecha designs are CRAP! They look like the love child of beyblade who got buggered by a virtual-on robot.....BLEAH!!!! Whats with the psychedelic colours huh? Too many drags on the bong?

Only now you're asking what intoxicants Kawamori is on? I've been asking that question after I saw about three episodes of Macross 7.

AS far as the mech designs go. I like them, you want to see crap go look at a Gundam SEED DESTINY. The designs in this one kick the crap out of anything Okawara has done as of recent times.

I think people should accept this is a Super Robot anime. The difference between a Super Robot and a Real Robot is like Saint Seiya compared to Tigerman.

Art can be delusional to those who don't know it is self-referential. Every Japanese author thinks the old anime were incredibly naive, yet they grew up with them.

Despite I still haven't see it so I can't properly judge, from what I've heard I think Aquarion may be in competition for Naruto's older fans. It would be still an accomplishment in growing out Shinki Ikari's character (it is my supposition or even the Naota Nandaba character is spreading?).

FV

I think Aquarion may be in competition for Naruto's older fans.

Naruto has older fans?

Graham

Oh, man, you should see the "Narutards" we have here. Last Anime Expo, there was a Naruto gathering going on, must have been 200 cosplayers, and in excess of 1000 people taking pictures. (From three seperate floors, no less, and off the side of a staircase! Looked like what you'd get if Sora Aoi or somebody showed up at Comiket)

Personally, I don't get that series. It was decent, but not enough to watch more than a couple episodes.

As for Aquarion, I think I'll wait for subs. Knowing Kawamori, it'll be completely impossible to figure out with my level of Japanese.

Hmm...the raw version of episode 1 was kind of underwhelming, but I'm sure that's largely due to the fact that I only understood one or two spoken words throughout the episode. I'll download one of the fansubs tonight and give it a second try.

What bothers me most about Aquarion, and Macross Zero, and Arjuna, all of the recent Kawamori anime is that he just can't stop hugging the phucking trees long enough to give us some decent science fiction!.  <_<

Everything has to be about nature, nature, nature. 

Kawamori Sama..... WE GET IT ALREADY!!  Earth is fragile yadda yadda yadda, ad nauseum.

Next thing you know, he'll be doing an anime about saving the whales.  Oh, wait, he already did, it was called Dynamite 7.  <_<

How could the guy who gave us the coolest transforming mecha EVER, have slipped into such tree hugging hippiedom?.  :(

Maybe I just read your post wrong but do you have something against environmentalist and that kind of thinking? I sure hope you realize he's not the only one who's had that theme recurrent in his works. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. It's not a bad thing to think of the world's envrionmental future when you consider polution levels. Hayao Miyazaki must be the ultimate tree-hugging hippie to you if it bothers you that much. Alot of writers and artist ahve recurrent themes in their works. This is no different. (I know I've been told I ahev too much death and destruction in mine)

As someone who didn't watch Earth Girl Arjuna, but watched Macross Zero, I think the problem with Kawamori is he just wants to show environmentalism at all cost in his series.

Not like environmentalism is bad itself. It's bad when, instead of setting an story where nature has a helluva influence or is even the basis for the story (just like what Miyazaki has been doing for decades), you just shove it down the audience's throats, and not being subtle at all.

If you watch the 4th episode of Macross Zero, the whole forest scene is irritating. In the middle of a prosecution, the characters start the whole "progress is evil", "luv da forest" and "ohhhh, fireflies glow when we sing" psalms, and for the first time in the series, I wanted the doctor to start talking again about protoculture. Now, consider that whole propaganda was to be lost in the story of SDF Macross, the girl's hate to foreigners had a deeper basis than pollution and try to guess why there were *minutes* of plot lost there.

Perhaps if I was 6 to 12 years old I'd learn something. Being 23 and having the average knowledge about ecology, I found the whole nature subplot in Zero totally superfluous and forced. After all, unlike Mononoke or Nausicaa, the plot doesn't even show the slightest need for it.

Just watched the Mahou sub, it's a very decent show. The first ep was a bit dull as intros nearly always are but it showed a lot of potential.

As others have said it's clearly a super robot anime but to me at least it didn't feel too overdone. The conbination scene wasn't really overly long, or at least it wasn't long enough for me to see in detail how it all works. :lol:

There's a lot of Eva esque people who seem to be simply hanging around just in order to appear mysterious though. :rolleyes:

The girl in the wheelchair reminded me of Darla from Buffy.

One thing that did kind of bother me was that after bigging up having Yoko Kanno as the composer for this series there was no intro and the outro theme must have been one of if not the shortest ever.

Will certainly be watching it again though and I will be eagerly awaiting every scrap of news on the DX toy. :D

It's pretty common for a lot of shows to not have intros for the first episode, either to squeeze more time out for the story or not show the spoilers that would be in the OP. It's a very nice looking and sounding series so far, but the story is kinda generic for a first episode.

Damn , it makes MUCH more sense now with the subs available.

Before I actually disliked the main character cause I thought it was a complete dumbass but now that I see what´s he saying I actually like him as a lead character.

I´m really liking this show now , hope it lives to the expectations.

Aquerion is...interesting.

Not bad for a first episode as it hits the spot for dropping subtle hints of things to come. Then again, if you watch enough super robot anime or anime with combining mechas, you'd probably guessed half of the main plot already.

The Aquerion is of course typical Kawamori design. Now I want to see if Eureka 7 would be as good as this one.

This new anime is certainly nothing new as it has strong shades of Getter Robo, Mazinger Z, Danguard Ace and a host of other super robot animes.

I think I'll call Sousei no Aquerion the "Turn A" of combiner mechas.

Edited by Project Phoenix

Just seen it.....haha

One word describes the whole show....

*Kimochiii~~~*

:lol::lol::lol:

Love the mecha designs....hell...even the cannon fodder looks good....almost wished they were variable VF-4s. B))

It's pretty common for a lot of shows to not have intros for the first episode, either to squeeze more time out for the story or not show the spoilers that would be in the OP. It's a very nice looking and sounding series so far, but the story is kinda generic for a first episode.

True, all the new shows I've seen lately have had intros though so that thought slipped my mind. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that on a Macross board few people have mentioned the rather nice fighter planes that were seen briefly.

I just watched it and I did like it. I think what I liked more about it is that it gave hints about who that charcter really is. But I also think its a little too early for that but I still hope this turns out well. The mecha arent bad, seeing how they have to combine with each other. And I really like how its just not ONE form of combinations, its can be different combinations.

So I guess I liked it. :)