New Robotech pics from Kunicon

Heard Robotech was going to come out with something called "Shadow Force".  Is this connected with Sentinels or a completely new story line.  What else is suppose to come out and what is it about?

I think it'll be loosely related to the "Sentinels" because that OVA isn't considered canon in Robotech. Janice Em and Vince Grant's first appearances were in Robotech 2: The Sentinels. As for what's it about, Scott Benard and a expedition from the SDF-4 will search for the long lost Admiral Rick Hunter and the SDF-3.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

The old janice looked like a nice girl (robot) but the new one looks kinda hookerish.

*snicker*

Heh, its not the human hologram form of Janice that is worrisome. Its the Robot form that looks damned scary. Kinda like giving HAL 9000 a cyborg body....

Chase Masterson, who played Leeta on ST: DS 9 is supposed to voice Janice (likely the singing voice as well).

JaniceFull.jpg

The old cyborg body looked very reminescent, in its own way, to the Paranoid Androids from Gall Force.

Also, it appears Shadow Chronicles will be an OVA series while there will be a separate series within SC called Mars Force. No word if it will be an OVA series like Shadow Chronicles or a Tv series. HG announced that their budget for this endeavour increased, as opposed to decreased.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Hey you would look like a hooker too if you did a Duet with Minmay.

If I did a duet with Minmay nobody would notice Minman, becaue Agent ONE is breath-taking. What can I say, I am simply amazing... and I also have a great singing vioce.

I think it'll be loosely related to the "Sentinels" because that OVA isn't considered canon in Robotech.

Umm, in order for it to be considered an OVA, it first has to be an ANIME.

The Sentinels most definitely was not either. Written by Macek, overseas animation commissioned by HG, that's a cartoon, not anime.

There was a one fully rendered shot that was shown at the show depicting one of those Mospeada type drop ships with it's space boosters/FAST Packs jettisoned off (I know I butchered that word!). I did take a few pics, but unfortunately my auto mode white washed the screen and my night vision moe blurred the image! :p Tommy mentioned that what was shown at the panel and what he privately showed some of us was representive of work from 3 or 4 months ago.

Anyway, here's some pics I took.

post-26-1110334018_thumb.jpg

Edited by Apollo Leader

I'm happy to report that I have absolutely no idea who Janice Em, Vince Grant, and Alex are. I'm also content to remain in blissful ignorance :D

Graham

You do not know how lucky you are, my friend. As for the battle of the Ems, I prefer the 80's purple haired chick a lot more. Way cuter. God, I need help...

I'm happy to report that I have absolutely no idea who Janice Em, Vince Grant, and Alex are. I'm also content to remain in blissful ignorance  :D

Graham

Hey Graham I'll tell you. Janice Em is a android singing partner for Lynn Minmei in the Sentinels series. She was created by Dr. Lang to amplify Minmei's singing powers in case of attacks from renegade Zentradei(hmmm...sounds a little like Sound Force's sound boosters). Vince Grant is Claudia Grant's younger brother. In the original storyline he was a Destroid commander. Now, Alex is newest character;maybe the new "hotshot" of the show?

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Hmm, I saw some of The Sentinals. I don't think I made it to any of these characters. That guy behind her does indeed look like William Defoe crossed with Ricardo Montalbal. If either were actually in this thing, I'd be forced to watch. That much I know. That Janice seems to go from appearing to be cute to looking downright evil.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

There was a one fully rendered shot that was shown at the show depicting one of those Mospeada type drop ships with it's space boosters/FAST Packs jettisoned off (I know I butchered that word!).

At least do some research before saying that. Its not like its a difficult thing to find out. Not to be an ass, but what you are talking about is a Garfish with its Figher Hangars/Containers dropped. Has nothing to do with boosters/FAST Packs.