Securing 1/48 FPs.

Sebastian

Many members dont understand how to keep the FP boosters (1/48) in position in Battroid mode.

I took some pics to explain it better.

If somebody allready did this, sorry, and please mods just delete this thread.

If not, hope it helps. :blink:

post-389-1151394914_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sebastian

Many members dont understand how to keep the FP boosters (1/48) in position in Battroid mode.

I took some pics to explain it better.

If somebody allready did this, sorry, and please mods just delete this thread.

If not, hope it helps. :blink:

Thanks Sebastian for the info,

A picture says a dozen words. I havent yet got to transforming my 1/48 or yet got my Fps so im quite new in regards to this matter. Mine would be in MisB till i moved to my new house and have a new display cabinet in build to the wall. Thanks to you and Noel who show me how to secure the hatch in place for the boosters attachment.

Cheers

It definately makes things sturdy. Still, you kind of wish such a thing could have been incorporated into the design of the valkyrie itself without being a seperate piece.

Plus while the white piece might look nice on a DYRL-scheme valk, it sure sticks out on the low viz. ;)

IT took me a couple of minutes to figure out what was goin on with that piece. I didn't know that you were meant to push the piece that was inferior to the backpack right down. When I did push it down it went CRACK! Gave me quite a shock I could tell you. I looked all over to see if i did any damage but thankfully none, it was meant to do that!

Sebastian - THANK YOU!

This is exactly what I needed. I toot hought I was pushing too far...now I know.

"And knwing is half the battle!" "Go Joe!"....sorry, slipped into a nostalgic moment of old G.I. Joe goodness.... :D

It definately makes things sturdy. Still, you kind of wish such a thing could have been incorporated into the design of the valkyrie itself without being a seperate piece.

While that would be nice, lookinbg at where it goes and how big it needs to be to be as sturdy as it is, well, it just wouldn't fit. There's no way to keep it incorporated, yet movei t out of the way for fighter or gerwalk modes.

i know this is kinda off topic but ive been wrestling with my inner conscience about buying the 1/48 low vis. the reason being my parents would most likely kill me for 'wasting' money on it. afterall it does cost more than £100 including delivery but ive got the yamato collectors bug now. what should i do??

i know this is kinda off topic but ive been wrestling with my inner conscience about buying the 1/48 low vis. the reason being my parents would most likely kill me for 'wasting' money on it. afterall it does cost more than £100 including delivery but ive got the yamato collectors bug now. what should i do??

I say buy it, track it... and on the day it's suppose to arrive, give your inner conscience some cash and tell it to take your folks out for lunch a movie and dinner, so all 3 will be gone when the package arrives...

:p

buy buy buy!!!!!!!!!!! they are limited release of course!!!!!!!!

haha! "LIMITED RELEASE!"

It's the phrase that no collector can resist.

PS - thanks sebastian - I finally understand!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
The hatch should look like this.

22632[/snapback]

Hmmm, looks like Sebastian had used the Forum "attachment" feature to post those images. But they're not showing up anymore. These images were really helpful to a lot of people. Was the "attachment cache" cleared out recently?

If anyone has a copy of these images, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just recreate them with my camera. :)

Edited by Hurin

Yeah, I have referred so many people to this thread over the years that I thought this thread deserved its own write-up under the "notes" section for the 1/48s on Macross Nexus. . . here.

Just for the record, this is exactly the type of thing that we created the Nexus to do. . . to store this type of information in a form that is less easily lost in "forum churn."

Of course, Sebastian gets the nod in the write-up. :)

Best,

H