1/48 Two Seater Conversion Kits

Mechamaniac

OK guys, update from the Cap'n.

I have been getting many questions, so I posed them to him, and here are the responses.

1 - PRICE? - I know this is probably the most important issue, so here it is...

It'll be between $75-100.00

2 - TIME FRAME - WHEN WILL YOU START THE CONVERSION KIT?

-Probably sometime in late May. This is, however, tentative; so it could very wel be the 1st, second week of june, depending on existing projects.

3 - WHO WILL BE CASTING THESE? (anyone local, Rohby, Myersjesse, MSLZ22 etc)

-I'll be molding/casting everything myself, and I'll be using a high-impact polymer instead of regular resin

4 - HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP THE MOLDS?

For as long as they usually last, which is for rougly 35-45 castings.

5 - HOW MANY WOULD IT TAKE FOR YOU TO DO MORE PAST THE INITIAL PRODUCTION RUN?

20 or more

6 - WILL YOU DO PILOT FIGURES? (Minmay Figure)

This is about the only point I'm still iffy on; I never cared for sculpting microscopic figures, it's not my bag.

So, there you have it, I think that covers most of the questions in a nutshell. I am going to update the first page of this thread as well.

Thanks for the answers, Mechamaniac. We appreciate it.

ah this is great news! thanks for the info on pricing guys. :)

one thing thats bothering me is. i don't want to get 2 sets and keep another member from getting one for themselves. at the same time, what if i screw up the 1 set i buy? i'll be SOFL if the cap'n sells out and the mold are gone.....what to do? :unsure:

Haterist,

Just get two and, if you don't screw up the first one, you can sell the second one if somebody needs it. That way, you have an extra just in case.

makes perfect sense when you put it that way. :p

please make my order for 2 of them. :)

I would like to be added to the list for 1 kit please.

I made the 1/60 vf-1d conversion kit before yamato came out with theirs. I still like my version better. And with John doing the sculpt its a no brainer.

If we do the VT-1 or the VE-1 then the kits will contain all of the above PLUS...

New boosters

New Leg Armors

Add on parts for VE-1 (Radomes etc)

Just wondering about this post. Can we use the existing NP-FP-01 FAST Pack booster base for this project? I got 6 TV FAST Packs I want to get rid of, but if we can use the boosters for the VT and VE, then I'll keep them.

Edited by kensei

If we do the VT-1 or the VE-1 then the kits will contain all of the above PLUS...

New boosters

New Leg Armors

Just wondering about this post. Can we use the existing NP-FP-01 FAST Pack booster base for this project? I got 6 TV FAST Packs I want to get rid of, but if we can use the boosters for the VT and VE, then I'll keep them.

You can sell me the TV Fast Packs. :D

New boosters

New Leg Armors

You can sell me the TV Fast Packs. :D

DITTO!

*slaps forehead* What have I done? :blink:

Just PM me for the FAST Packs. I don't want to be the cause of the derailing of this thread. Hence I will put you guys off with this. Whether I sell them or not will depend on whether the Capt. says yes or no. And I only got Max and Millia TV FAST Packs. Any Hikaru? Yes, but they are mine. Not for you at any price. Snip312 is first, Hirohawa 2nd, Godzilla 3rd, RB then Gabe. That 's the order.

@Prince Godzilla: Why don't I trade you for DYRL? FAST Packs? ;):D

Edited by kensei

New boosters

New Leg Armors

But since the VE and VT's tail fins aren't folded flat, wouldn't that make the boosters sit at an incredibly awkward angle? You'd need to find a way to turn the metal pegs that hold the boosters to the backpack if you wanted to keep them in line with the rest of the valk. Of course, this won't be a problem if you fold the tail fins, but that's not accurate for the VE and VT.

New boosters

New Leg Armors

But since the VE and VT's tail fins aren't folded flat, wouldn't that make the boosters sit at an incredibly awkward angle? You'd need to find a way to turn the metal pegs that hold the boosters to the backpack if you wanted to keep them in line with the rest of the valk. Of course, this won't be a problem if you fold the tail fins, but that's not accurate for the VE and VT.

You just want me to sell them don't ya? ;)

True about what you say though. But we haven't decided whether to go the Bandai way or the Yamato way yet.

You just want me to sell them don't ya? ;)

True about what you say though. But we haven't decided whether to go the Bandai way or the Yamato way yet.

I think it's more Capt's decision, not ours.

...What's my decision? I'm lost :unsure:

Hi Capt! We're just talking about the structure of the tailfins of the VT and VE and the alignment of the backpack. I was wondering if the current booster sections of the FAST packs could be compatible for the VT and VE custom. I was thinkin that I could still use the booster and put on the new anterior sections (like those round thingys for the VT) . Or do you plan on making a whole new FAST Packs design?

...What's my decision? I'm lost :unsure:

Hi Capt! We're just talking about the structure of the tailfins of the VT and VE and the alignment of the backpack. I was wondering if the current booster sections of the FAST packs could be compatible for the VT and VE custom. I was thinkin that I could still use the booster and put on the new anterior sections (like those round thingys for the VT) . Or do you plan on making a whole new FAST Packs design?

Well, the booster on the VT is completely different than the normal booster, so there would need to be a new one sculpted. For the VE, it's only really a new tip put on the end. But, I was trying to say before that it's up to Capt whether the tailfin is folded up like in the normal super armor configuration, or if the tailfins are fixed open, like in the Hasegawa models.

*slaps forehead* What have I done? :blink:

Just PM me for the FAST Packs. I don't want to be the cause of the derailing of this thread. Hence I will put you guys off with this. Whether I sell them or not will depend on whether the Capt. says yes or no. And I only got Max and Millia TV FAST Packs. Any Hikaru? Yes, but they are mine. Not for you at any price. Snip312 is first, Hirohawa 2nd, Godzilla 3rd, RB then Gabe. That 's the order.

@Prince Godzilla: Why don't I trade you for DYRL? FAST Packs? ;):D

No. :p