"Stealth" Trailer

Majestic

You know all you people who say it's gonna suck are gonna see it. :p

Why do I always hear this? Why is it so hard to believe that some of us actually have some taste, and don't waste our time with crap like this? Ya know, some of us actually do have IQ's above 80.

And its a real shame to see Jamie Foxx flushing his new found respectability as an actor down the toilet with a shitty film like this.

You know all you people who say it's gonna suck are gonna see it.  :p

Why do I always hear this? Why is it so hard to believe that some of us actually have some taste, and don't waste our time with crap like this? Ya know, some of us actually do have IQ's above 80.

And its a real shame to see Jamie Foxx flushing his new found respectability as an actor down the toilet with a shitty film like this.

Because you do not represent the majority.

I agree with the Foxx thing.

And...smilies are for sarcasm :p

Edited by Gaijin

Jeezus, that trailer sucked.

My guess is this movie had a longer post-production phase than Foxx's two most recent, much praised films, and that he took this job when he was still a relative minor-player in hollywood.

edit, I should at least proof these things before i post them.

Edited by Phyrox

Well, Foxx might make the film vaguely watchable in parts. And Sam Shepard's in it. Annoys me that instead of using authentic modern flightsuits and gear, they're using specially designed tight and formfitting flight suits to emphasize Biel's assets. Meh. <_<

And the CG looks for the most part crummy, except for the carrier landing. That part actually looks pretty convincing.

-Al

You know all you people who say it's gonna suck are gonna see it.  :p

I don't know how long ago J.Foxx did Ray, but the filming for Stealth was at least well underway by the time of Summer 2004. I was on a Carrier Qualifications det around that time and we saw the film crew and actors there.

Jessica Biel was quite popular with all the Sailors and Marines on board. Lots of grinning faces and dirty minds B))

didn't someone start a thread about this already? Well my company did the intro titles to that and I practically saw most of the movie already. It looks ok so far.

Interesting, the plot doesn't look too bad and the cast is fairly solid, though I still am not a fan of the designs. I will wait on the reviews and maybe, big maybe, see it in the theatres if a friend or family member really wants to. Otherwise I will wait for it to the video store to watch it. I just don't like that the AI starts to attack because of an outside force, the lightening, that and the trailer gives too much away. If anything the thing should go rogue on its own, kind of like why the sentinals in X-Men start attacking humans, because Mutants are humans, well guess what all humans can become a target to an AI killing machine. Also the people who produced it do not impress me at all XXX and the Fast and Furious movies were all garbage. We will see but right now I am not giving it prop or holding up much hope for it to be anything better or worse then something made by Roland Emrich, a cheesy popcorn movie with cool effects and nothing more.

The AI fighter design was actually not half bad other then the lack of rear vis, but the "Stealth" FSW, eh, I do not care for the lines.

I just don't like that the AI starts to attack because of an outside force, the lightening, that and the trailer gives too much away. If anything the thing should go rogue on its own

Actually, I was rather surprised by that. Normally it is that the AI goes rogue on its own without any outside influences. Skynet, HAL, Sharon Apple... the list goes on and on, so I'm rather pleased that Stealth isn't going with that over-wrought route and is going for something a little different.

And yes, those specially designed T&A flightsuits are annoying, but they're not nearly as bad as they could have been and they're uniform across the gender board. I'd be having a much more ranting time if they'd given Her Albaness a special, womens-only flightsuit that had the midriff showing...

I just don't like that the AI starts to attack because of an outside force, the lightening, that and the trailer gives too much away.  If anything the thing should go rogue on its own

Actually, I was rather surprised by that. Normally it is that the AI goes rogue on its own without any outside influences. Skynet, HAL, Sharon Apple... the list goes on and on, so I'm rather pleased that Stealth isn't going with that over-wrought route and is going for something a little different.

And yes, those specially designed T&A flightsuits are annoying, but they're not nearly as bad as they could have been and they're uniform across the gender board. I'd be having a much more ranting time if they'd given Her Albaness a special, womens-only flightsuit that had the midriff showing...

Or the Ai goes rogue because it finds out they are cancelling the AI programme and scrapping him etc etc...

I think the Lightning strike thing has been done before. Some 80s robot on treads. He had a number for a name. Can't recall the shows name.

What made edgar (from electric dreams) go rogue? Champagne or coffee?

I just don't like that the AI starts to attack because of an outside force, the lightening, that and the trailer gives too much away.  If anything the thing should go rogue on its own

Or the Ai goes rogue because it finds out they are cancelling the AI programme and scrapping him etc etc...

I think the Lightning strike thing has been done before. Some 80s robot on treads. He had a number for a name. Can't recall the shows name.

Are you talking about Short Circuit? Johnny 5? With Steve Guttenburg and Ally Sheedy? And that El Debarge song? :p I forgot all about that film...it was pretty funny for the time.

As for this movie...it might be one of those guilty pleasure films...plus it's not like there are a whole lot of aviation films out nowadays.

Edited by Gaijin

I guess they use Air Force Delta Strike style flight suits and helmets to show case the faces and bodies of the character better, our current helmet cover up pretty much everything.

The stealth thing doesn't look like it could get off the ground. Kinda like a cheap rip-off from the old F-19 kit.

First part of the trailer happened I'm like, ok this might be a OK movie about pilots in some sort of new plane. Then came the AI drone, I knew it would be Human Vs. Computer right then and there. I mean why does it always have to be the AI going rogue and ppl having to take it down all the time.

Are you talking about Short Circuit? Johnny 5? With Steve Guttenburg and Ally Sheedy? And that El Debarge song? :p I forgot all about that film...it was pretty funny for the time.

As for this movie...it might be one of those guilty pleasure films...plus it's not like there are a whole lot of aviation films out nowadays.

No, Electric Dreams. It's a movie about a guy who falls for a new tenant is his apartment and he uses his newly puchased computer to write songs for her to show how much he cares for her, which are performed by PoMo groups like Culture Club, for example. Unfortunately, the computer becomes sentient when the guy accidentally spills coffee on it and ends up falling in love with the girl too.

Anyhoo, I've avoided talking about Stealth only because I figured someone would make mention of it in the thread concerning the feasability of a live action Macross. I'll spend my 11 bucks to see it in theaters, just so I can critique any high or low points. In the end, it couldn't be any worse than Gigli.

Finally, I can definitely see Jamie Foxx winning the Oscar now. Just look at the movies other Oscar winners have done after they won the Academy award. Remember this Cuba Gooding, Jr. classic which came out after he won his Academy Award for Jerry MacGuire (by the way, it was nothing more than a knock-off/remake of a Skeet Ulrich movie made one year prior to it's release).

post-26-1108789567.jpg

The one thing that's bothering me is really, how much of a threat can the damned thing be?!? I mean, it's a jet; it therefore should have limited fuel, and what looks to be limited payload. Wouldn't it be wise to just dogfight it long enough so it runs out of fuel and/or ammunition?

The one thing that's bothering me is really, how much of a threat can the damned thing be?!? I mean, it's a jet; it therefore should have limited fuel, and what looks to be limited payload. Wouldn't it be wise to just dogfight it long enough so it runs out of fuel and/or ammunition?

Exactly, so the thing might have enough range and onboard payload to destroy one or two targets, ok, but after that threat eliminated, it can't get additonal fuel or weapons on its own. Also, how the heck is that thing suppossed to hover? And, do these morons realize how big and how high an explosion has to be in the atm in order to be seen from space at the distance they are showing?

The one thing that's bothering me is really, how much of a threat can the damned thing be?!?  I mean, it's a jet; it therefore should have limited fuel, and what looks to be limited payload.  Wouldn't it be wise to just dogfight it long enough so it runs out of fuel and/or ammunition?

Exactly, so the thing might have enough range and onboard payload to destroy one or two targets, ok, but after that threat eliminated, it can't get additonal fuel or weapons on its own. Also, how the heck is that thing suppossed to hover? And, do these morons realize how big and how high an explosion has to be in the atm in order to be seen from space at the distance they are showing?

Perhaps these issues are addressed in the movie.

It could be that with the deletion of any meatbag pilot, all that empty space for cockpit, lifesupport gear, etc. are converted to fuel and payload. But seriously, we won't know more until the movie actually comes out.

And I don't know about you, but I know that I wouldn't want to be in one of those "one or two target" zones you mentioned. One or two is more than enough to cause a heck of a lot of damage.

I was talking about 2 movies.

Short Circuit (lightning strike causes AI to come alive)

and

Electric Dreams (spilled drink makes some Mac? come alive).

Dang, whats the song from Short Circuit called?

I bet they will use some fancy nuke reactor to plot device the range issue. Dunno how to solve the ammo issue though.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

And, do these morons realize how big and how high an explosion has to be in the atm in order to be seen from space at the distance they are showing?

You noticed that too?

I thought that they better had editted that from a nuke explosion somewhere in the movie cuz it didn't make sense on the trailer.