Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

Anybody see the new M&M add with Vader proposing Dark M&M's to red and yellow.

Red declines so Vader force chokes him. :lol:

yoda gets f*cked up during th battle with Darth Sidius that he no longer fights. According to some rumors I heard, Yoda vs Darth Sidius is the 2nd longest fight in the whole star wars movie other than Anakin vs Obi Wan. After that huge lighting strike and Yoda falling soo many stories into the ground, I woudnt be surprised, the ol guy threw in the towel

Yoda doesn't actually suffer defeat or give up, he escapes from the battle, realizing that the Sith have become more powerful than Yoda or the Jedi order and that victory over the Darkside would have to wait until a "new" Jedi order could be created with Anakin's offspring. At least, that's what the novelization of ROTS says...

I dunno about that.

I sorta prefer the idea that Yoda was actually beaten by Palpatine, and had to retreat to his little swamp hovel as a cripple that could only teach. That would give added importance to Luke in ESB since that would make Yoda physically unable to take an active part in bringing down the Empire (which has been no small amount of speculation amongst the harder-core fans).

I prefer the term "tactical retreat". Using retreat to gain better footing or gain the strategic advantage. Yoda was on the defensive in the Senate hall. Yoda could have continued the fight but Sidious was on the "high ground". Yoda was at a strategic disadvantage. So falling back and regrouping would have been the best solution.

You could say that their best strategy was given life at the end. With the twins, they had their best advantage at fighting the Sith. Now they could get at Vader which would given the Jedi an opening to Sidious. Padme and the unborn children were Anakin's world. With children alive, they now had a way to get to Anakin. They had their trump card. Now it was just a matter of waiting to use it. So the Jedi used the Sith tactic of waiting to strike.

That's one of the problems with having a bad guy in the movie as bad assed as Grievous. You want him do so a lot (I so wish he does at least half of the stuff he did in clone wars), but his fight with Obi-Wan isn't the climax of the movie

If you make the fight against the quad-lightsaber wielding super bad guy too diffcult, too flashy, or too long, it could have made the fight with Anakin less climactic.

It sucks if Greivous has to be downplayed, but the fight against Anakin has to be THE fight of the movie. I still expect a good battle with Grievous, and likewise the battle with Yoda and Palpatine can't run that long by comparison either.

This is great! Obi Wan using a blaster! Apparently this weapon was not "clumsy or random" when he needed one.

library_photos_264_264241.jpg

Guess who he's taking out with that blaster?

Here's a hint. Another macho bad guy that's taken out like a sucka.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

SERIOUSLY. That was LAME. WEAK. SAD. After I read that I wanted to throw the damned book down. So stupid. All that hype to go out like a bitch to Obi-Wan. BS .5

Hmm....guess its Grievous...so like Maul he's ousted with a spread of Velveeta Cheese... :angry:

That's gotta' be the creepiest concept I've seen in a long time

What I like about it, is that it's safety rated for kids 4 and up.

"Look son, I got you this neato half dead man, that you can rebuild using just some prostetics and charred remains!"

Edited for lack of coffee.

Edited by lt.actionjackson

On the May 14 race at Richmond International Raceway, Kyle Busch (#5) will have a full-blown Episode III paint scheme on his car. Now this is one I wouldn't mind owning in 1/24 diecast.

Ditto. Hopefully being a rookie he won't crash the car out early at the short track.

I swear all of this is just slow torture.

All this commotion about Episode 3 has made me forget about my interest in the Lord of the Rings. Just weeks ago I spent big bucks on a Gandalf/Shadowfax deal. Now, it's hunting down clone pilots and gunners...

Now, it's hunting down clone pilots and gunners...

Where did you get yours? I've got 3 Clone Troopers, but I can't find the gunners, pilots or commanders, one website siad all of theirs were pre-orders for May.

I'm starting to think thet the Corellian Corvette in Ep.III isn't the same one as in Ep.IV, in the book Organa just calls it Taintive. Which means that something could have happened to it by Ep.IV or that by that point Alderaan has baaught a 4th Vette

Now, it's hunting down clone pilots and gunners...

Where did you get yours? I've got 3 Clone Troopers, but I can't find the gunners, pilots or commanders, one website siad all of theirs were pre-orders for May.

I'm starting to think thet the Corellian Corvette in Ep.III isn't the same one as in Ep.IV, in the book Organa just calls it Taintive. Which means that something could have happened to it by Ep.IV or that by that point Alderaan has baaught a 4th Vette

Either or, I hope we see the Tantive doing what it's nicknamed for- Running a blockade.

Ok, after reading a bit further I take this back.

OMG, what the holy f--k is that?! "Super Deformed High Comical Darth Vader"!! :lol: Look at the size of that helmet! You mean to tell me they couldn't just find a large enough actor to wear the suit? Peter Cushing wasn't all THAT big, was he? Darth's got a helluva lot of growing to do...

I wasn't all that impressed with the first two prequels--I'm not really looking forward to this one all that much, either. The Force just isn't with Lucas with these films. They first three films are very straight forward and simplistic in plot/storytelling, in comparison; maybe that's what worked so well for them?

post-26-1114382197.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

McCallum & Lucas On "Star Wars" Future

Posted:  Monday April 25th, 2005 1:26am

Source:  Assorted Sources

Author:  Garth Franklin

The fan-anticipated "Star Wars Celebration III" convention in Indianapolis drew big crowds and a few big scoops in regards to the fate of the popular Lucas sci-fi franchsie. After several minutes of footage from "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith", Producer Rick McCallum conducted a Q&A and confirmed a few details.

"Revenge of the Sith" final running time of is 131 minutes (though official reports last week listed it at 141 minutes), the film itself had the last touches added to it on Tuesday. Whilst they plan to do Star Wars in 3-D, they have no real timetable due to the lack of technology available.

Lucas got a script for Indiana Jones 4 last week and Spielberg plans to make it the film he does after his next one (likely the Munich Olympics terrorist flick). By that timetable it would put in on track for a Summer 2007 release.

Meanwhile, Lucas himself appeared and talked about the TV plans for the future. There are two TV series in development - a half hour 3-D computer animated series, and a live action series starring some supporting characters featured in the movies.

Production on the live action show would begin in about a year and unlike other shows, all the scripts for every episode will be done first and then shooting will happen in one big block. Lucas himself would handle at least the pilot. Judging by this timetable it would probably start airing sometime 2007.

Thanks to 'Justin'

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050425c.php

Either or, I hope we see the Tantive doing what it's nicknamed for- Running a blockade.

Actually...thats not a nickname, but a class-name. Its the Blockade Runner-class Corvette.

Where did you get that from? I've never heard of that before.

I dunno... all my references (Star Wars technical manual), X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing: Alliance, and countless Star Wars sites tell me that it's just a Corellian Corvette, with "blockade runner" tagged on cause it was exceptionally good at it.

I remember rather heated discussions on usenet over "Imperial-class Star Destroyer" and "Imperator-class Star Destroyer"...

Anyhow, let's just say I like my Corvettes, and you like your blockade runners =)