Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

Re: the clone pilots

Here's a scan of the forthcomming Visual Dictionary that has a better view of the pilot. Sorry the size is so small. I know for a fact that there's larger versions of this scan out there, but I don't have time to track them down for you guys.

post-26-1110822952_thumb.jpg

Edited by bsu legato

I wonder if qunlan vos also makes an appearance

Nope. Just Aayla, she was also in Attack of the Clones as well. Also the character of Whie(I think its that) that was in the lead in novel to RoTS will also be in the Episode 3 film but he was created for the film and just used in the novel, not coming from the novel to be used in the film.

not to troll... but does anyone here NOT like the new star wars?

I watch episode II last night for the first time and well... it was just hollow.

I think movie makers need to get back into using animatronics. CGI just does not have a presence or any atmosphere at all for me.

Give me an animatronic alien in a rubber suit anyday over something drawn in CG.

atleast its "real".

I'm not sure how old everyone is on here but I'm old enough to have seen ROTJ in the theaters the first time around so for you younger guys maybe the new films are cool. maybe the old films are cool to me because I saw them when I was young.. who knows.

either way though.. the CG doesn't do anything for me. the movie looked like an expensive Star Trek episode..

*end trolling transmission* :p

Re: the clone pilots

Here's a scan of the forthcomming Visual Dictionary that has a better view of the pilot. Sorry the size is so small. I know for a fact that there's larger versions of this scan out there, but I don't have time to track them down for you guys.

I love the use of the X-Wing pilot style helmet, the flightsuit that looks like an AT-AT crewman's gear and the bottom half of the helmet and flight gear that looks like it comes from a TIE pilot, really nice IMO.

Quin was an interesting character, but as time goes on his misguided search for the second Sith is getting a little dull. Since we all know who the second Sith really is, Vos' antics are taking a cool character and making him look like a total dupe. Dooku is playing him like a violin, and I'm pretty sure he'll either get it before ROTS or they'll keep him around to use as a character in the post-ROTJ comics. What his role would be there remains to be seen, but there is little doubt that Vader and Sidious would have him on the run pretty quick. In the meantime, he needs to pick a side once and for all.

I'm sort of hoping that Aayla survives ROTS, but based on what we've seen in the trailer, it appears unlikely.

Heheh.. I love how the pilot looks like a tie-pilot with the face cut out to add an X-Wing-ish visor...although I never knew what good a yellow visor would do. <_< The clone troopers are getting similar treatment as well... notice how the t-shaped visor has been subtley replaced by a wide goggle-shaped visor, wth a dark stripe painted down the center.... plus, they've got the classic stormtrooper vents now.

About that scene of the fight they showed... I honestly don't think that was from the actual Obi vs Anakin battle. I could be wrong, but it looked like that took place in a big room, kind of like a training chamber.. and given the fact that in all that swinging their lightsabers only actually connected once, I think it was more of a training exercise, or maybe friendly competition/practice on control. This may lead up to the final duel, but I get the feeling it's an early shot meant to emphasize how powerful Anakin's getting.

What I'm really noticing is all the ship design lineage...I'm looking forward to seeing a brand-spanking-new Corellian Corvette (aka Blockade Runner), and how it plays in here. Looks like we're also gonna get to see an early lambda-class shuttle, among other things... I honestly half expected to see early Y-Wings in this movie, or maybe Z-95 Headhunters... I mean, they're already old in ANH, the Rebels would've been using Y-wings exclusively if the X-Wing design team hadn't defected with all the prototypes.

I may have to get that fighter, even if it is a toy.. it'll go nice next to my ultra-huge Trilogy X-Wing. :D I just hope they come up with a decent reason for the split wings.. with the X-Wing, it was supposedly for better weapons coverage in combat, and maneuverability by spreading the engines further apart... with this thing, it looks like all they'd do is make a bigger target. :p

Edit: K, I just noticed something... in the description about the pilot clones on that scanned page, it mentions two types of craft.. the ARC-170s, and something else.. it looks like Y-Wings, but I think it may be V-Wings... can anyone tell for certain? And if it is V-Wings, what are those? I know the EU has their own version, but that was an atmospheric craft, and developed long after Endor.

Edited by Chronocidal

Heheh.. I love how the pilot looks like a tie-pilot with the face cut out to add an X-Wing-ish visor...although I never knew what good a yellow visor would do.  <_<

I believe that yellow/ orange tinted goggles or visors are for enhancing contrast. Hence why many shooting glasses and tactical goggles are often tinted in those shades. Enhanced contrast (ie - being able to more clearly identify targets) would probably be a good thing in the bleak blackness of space! ;)

Hmm.. whoa.. k, that's interesting. Look at the symbol poking out under the edge of the pilot's hoses. Or am I just seeing things?

Nothing new. The Empire's symbol is derived from the Old Republic symbol, the main difference being the Republic symbol had 7 branches (each of which represents something, though I cannot remember what).

STAR WARS.com says "open your wallets" to SW fans. More cool books coming soon to your Amazon.com favorites list.

20050314_1_bg.jpg

20050314_2_bg.jpg

And this is on top of the "Art of Ep III," the "Ep III Visual Dictionary," the "Making of Ep III" and the "Ep III Incredible Cross Sections" books. Can I interest anybody in a kidney? :(

So, is this Ultimate Visual Guide going to be a compliation of all the Visual Dictionaries? Or will this Ultimate Visual Guide be totally different?

So, is this Ultimate Visual Guide going to be a compliation of all the Visual Dictionaries? Or will this Ultimate Visual Guide be totally different?

I'm not entirely sure what it is. The description from SW.com reads

Star Wars gets the "ultimate guide" treatment that DK has successfully delivered with other visually rich universes such as Spider-Man, Batman, and The Transformers. Author Ryder Windham writes Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide, an illustrated exploration of many aspects of the entire Star Wars saga. The history of the Star Wars galaxy; the key characters, technology and locations; the making of the films; the ever-growing Expanded Universe; the world of collectibles and Star Wars fandom -- it's all in here and illustrated with over 600 images.

Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide is an ideal introduction to the galaxy of Star Wars for new fans, and an invaluable addition to every fan's collection. It is due out in October.

To me, it sounds like a sort of hybrid of the visual dictionaries, making of books, and the "guide to" books.

those are very nice Star Wars books, how much do they usually cost anyhow?

Chris

Hehe.. if the old symbol had 7 branches, and the empire's has six, I'd bet the missing branch is the Jedi. But actually, I thought the old symbol had 8 spikes? It was printed on the AOTC ships. Or maybe that was just a jedi symbol?

Hmmm... maybe it did have 8. For some reason 7 keeps sticking out in my mind, though.

in the upper right corner of the second pic it say what appears to be " face deformed Sith lightning". was he injured by another siths lightning attack or by misuse of his own powers?

I've been thinking about this and maybe it was addressed in our old thread, but since Palps/Sid managed to hide his true self from the Jedi Council all this time, does that make him more powerful than even Yoda? Yoda didn't sense anything before now? Or Anakin? If Anakins midi-whatever is higher even then Yoda's, wouldn't he have sensed something weird from Palps at some point?

I've been thinking about this and maybe it was addressed in our old thread, but since Palps/Sid managed to hide his true self from the Jedi Council all this time, does that make him more powerful than even Yoda? Yoda didn't sense anything before now? Or Anakin? If Anakins midi-whatever is higher even then Yoda's, wouldn't he have sensed something weird from Palps at some point?

Yes, I do believe Palp was even more powerful than Yoda, and maybe even beats him in the movie.

Also, I think with Anakin, they meant he had the potential to become the most poewrful Jedi, but he was still developing it, at the time of the 3rd movie, I doubt he was more powerful than either Yoda o Windu, even Ob1 beats him at the end.

my 2 cents.