NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

while that is outragous I think Jetfires prices are inflating because there is no chance of a VF-1 being rereleased under hasbro with jetfire colors.

Probably not, but you gotta admit an Alternators Jetfire based of the 1/48 Hikaru Super VF-1J has a certain appeal to it. :)

Except that Alternators are all 1/24, which means it would have to be twice as big... :ph34r::D

"Toynami will cut a deal with hasbro and takara and make it so the MPC is the new JF "

When Hell freezes over . Do you really think Hasbro or Takara are that stupid?

Takara? no. hasbro? Certainly.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Jetfire was strictly a Hasbro thing. Meaning, I don't think Jetfire was ever released in Japan by Takara.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Jetfire was strictly a Hasbro thing. Meaning, I don't think Jetfire was ever released in Japan by Takara.

Hasbro made the deal with Bandai/et al (Tatsunoko or Big West?).

Hasbro lost the rights to depict Jetfire/Skyfire as a VF-1 many years ago and that is why Harmony Gold is able to put out their "serious" VF-1 MPC toys out on the market without worrying about legal retribution from Hasbro.

Hasbro made the deal with Bandai/et al (Tatsunoko or Big West?).

Hasbro lost the rights to depict Jetfire/Skyfire as a VF-1 many years ago and that is why Harmony Gold is able to put out their "serious" VF-1 MPC toys out on the market without worrying about legal retribution from Hasbro.

I didn't mean to imply that Hasbro created jetfire, we all know he is simply a repainted VF-1S, I just meant that I don't think he was ever released in Japan as part of the Transformers line by Takara.

I went to Gamestop today, and got a Ben MPC for 20 bucks, gonna clean it up a bit and take it completely apart and customize it into a fanfic character's mecha, and make the "Robotech: A Soldiers Tale" MPC Collection, 1 down, atleast 3 to go...

WHo is Rob Van Dam?

I think he's a wrestler. No idea why he has a comic book shop though.

Well if we are talking about the wrestler, Rob Van Dam is credited with giving some popularity with the now defunct (?) ECW wrestling company. He now works for the WWE.

If we're talking about just some guy who owns a comic/toy shop, then this is one sorry bastard....

When's that YF-1R supposed to be out?

Edited by myk

• 2 weeks later...
There'll be a Japan version? Woo, where'd you hear that? Details details!

It's very old news. It's been know for about a year IIRC, although I forget exactly where and when it was first announced.

As Harmony Gold has the uncontested worldwide licencing for Mospeada, it makes sense to market products overseas, not just limit themselves to the US market.

I don't think there will be any difference between the US and Japan versions except for hopefully packing.

I really hope that the Japan packing is smaller and features original art from the series rather than that awful (IMO) Tommy Yune art and those oversized book/boxes which I can't stand.

Graham

I am still up in the air about this toy. Mostly because of the price. 80 dollars for a 6 inch toy, that is probably going to be mostly plastic?

Well I think I shall pass on the 1st run. Scott Bernard's (blue), is the 1st one being released correct? Does anyone know the exact order of release for the MPC Alpha line?

Very nice, but not for 80 bucks at 1/55 scale.

Kind of off the Alpha topic...but...is it just me or are the MPC VF's all piles of poo? I just picked up 3 of the 1J's and opened the Rick Hunter one. It comes nowhere near my Bandai's or Yamato's...but yet I keep buying them. The 1S and 1A are on their way... :blink:

What's with the little magnet that fell out of the right leg? I think I'm just going to keep it in the box and never take it out. I really hope they up the QC on the new Alphas... :)

Kind of off the Alpha topic...but...is it just me or are the MPC VF's all piles of poo? I just picked up 3 of the 1J's and opened the Rick Hunter one. It comes nowhere near my Bandai's or Yamato's...but yet I keep buying them. The 1S and 1A are on their way... :blink:

What's with the little magnet that fell out of the right leg? I think I'm just going to keep it in the box and never take it out. I really hope they up the QC on the new Alphas... :)

Now one has to wonder why you keep buying them...

Is this Alpha based off of the old Gakken molds or are new sculpts? Even though it doesn't have that magical Yamato touch to it, it still looks great.

It's an original sculpt based off Imai's 1/48 Legioss kit, but in a smaller 1/55 scale to go with their VF-1s MPC (Major Piece of Crap) toys. From all the pictures I've seen, it looks pretty good, and seems to have several improvements over the plastic model. However, since QC is Toynami's Achiles's heel, the final product may not be anywhere near as sturdy as the old Gakken 1/35 scale toy. And the MSRP is just absurd.