MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

word of advice: do NOT allow ANY of your MPC Alphas to hold their rifles (as per my pictures above). take it from someone who's had to get replacement hands from toynami :blink:

IMHO, the Lancer Alpha trounces both scott and rook. there's something very pleasing about its head sculpt.

Edited by shiyao

Thanks for hookin' up the pics Shiyao. It's too bad to hear your legs don't lock into place? Did you try applying an almost insane amount of pressure that would feel like you're almost pulling the toy into two different pieces? That's what I had to do with mine.... In your fighter pic it looks like your arms snug right back up... I don't see that very often.

heh .. you know, after that whole hands disaster, i've just stopped touching my MPC alphas. they kinda sit/stand around all day looking on as I play with my NEWLY ACQUIRED ALTERNATOR RAVAAAGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE.

regarding legs: yeah. i know you have to pull them real hard. but this lancer, i pulled and pulled and i started getting visions of returning the entire toy to toynami and so i stopped. no biggie, he stays up unless i touch him with more than average force.

regarding arms locking in fighter mode: mine *kinda* lock in, but not much really. you just have to make sure everything is snug - legs in, tabs inserted into slots, etc etc. some force doesn't hurt either, though i wouldn't recommend that. :p

i should really get some replacement stickers though.

Nah, the sad thing is I plan on getting at least 4 more (although I'll probably sale one of the Scott MPCs at some point). I also might wait for the greenie to get ridiculously cheap and try my hand at creating a VFA-6S (that's what I imagine Skull One would be in Alpha form). I bought two of the Alphas at my local Gamestop so $39.99 and no shipping. One was a gift, one was $60 after shipping. The other was $96 shipping included. So i think I'm only at about $240 which is pretty close to what I just paid for a classic Alpha MIB... all in all... i'm insane but there are people who are far worse.

Please note, other than my one MPC that is a first production run Scott, all of hte others are pretty high class in the quality standpoint. Even my first run scott really only has problems when it comes to the landing gears (they're all pointing in odd directions).

Ooh, thanks for the pic, the paint job i was fabbing up is quite a bit different. The tricky part is really going to be the head. Oh yeah, that's right, my custom would definitely have to have four lasers on the head and retain a very similar shape to the original.

wiggle and jiggle as you tug downward.  sounds like the leg isn't coming down far enough.

LOL....thought I'd stumbled onto a sex advice forum for a second there :p .

Graham

Yes, you have stumbled into one. Just look at the DOA Figure and Minmay Chinese Dress thread for confirmation :lol:

"wiggle and jiggle as you tug downward. sounds like the leg isn't coming down far enough."

nah, its not that, I have already achieved maximum "protrusion" with minimal effort

The problem is due to the abnormal tighness of the knee joint I tried some artificial lubrication but it just doesn't seem to release the tension around the crevices

Its the "tight" unreachable screw that's preventing any joint movement. :D

wow, now we have wiggle, jiggle, and lubricant all in one post... this is really starting to get out of hand. Sorry to say you've come across a problem I haven't seen myself or heard about someone else encountering so I'm flat out of advice. Maybe if you just wiggle and jiggle steadily, like 20 minutes every night before you go to bed, you'll be able to eventually loosen up the knee and sleep easier...

That Alpha looks pretty cool in the white/black jolly rogers scheme. I might have chosen some different particulars, but pretty good to imagine that's what "Max Sterling" would be flying against the Regent. ;)

IMHO, the Alphas are well worth the money. Especially when they're going for $59.99.

They have lots of diecast, look decent in all three modes (particularly good in battloid), and have great stickers. I like 1/48s just as much as the next guy, but these guys aren't too far off.

And lets not forget the great Toynami packaging.

Anyway, here you go Mech:

post-26-1109973912_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiyao