MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

Thanks CoryHolmes. I totally agree. I can not stop wondering how the Shadow will look all stickered up :blink::blink::blink:

Hopefully I will know that answer soon :D

*If the hands are fitted incorrectly, you will simply not be able to close the covers, and will not likely damage the hands in doing so. If the hands are folded in first, they can [and will] obstruct the mid-arm sections from collapsing into the forearms, resulting in unnecessary stress to the hands and failure of the arm units to close completely.

Hiriyu,

I agree with you. As you can see from my pic I was able to get the arms to fold in all the way too. When they did not, it was either the hands were in the way, the legs were not pushed in all the way or both.

Anyone buy the Takatoys stickers form Tam for the Red/Blue Alpha? I was thinking about buying those for my Red one to give it some good decals.

I've only seen like one pic of an Alpha with them on.

>>IMAGE

Hmm. I think the Shadow Alpha has just became my favourite Alpha. Two reasons:

• No shoulder pod to lose
  • Can throw the Destablizer ammo clip into the same compartment to prevent loss

Heh. :lol:

I just hope they put the sensor faring on the other side of the gun pod

and finish changing the chest. The "Shadow" doesn't have that VTOL vent

in the middle of it's torso. It has a solid grey box shaped plate as shown

wery plainly in the illustration I attached below.

post-26-1108913705_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doctor Paragon

and finish changing the chest. The "Shadow" doesn't have that VTOL vent

in the middle of it's torso. It has a solid grey box shaped plate as shown

Based on the Superposable, destablizer will be okay, but it appears that Toynami are opting for head change/repaint Shadow, so no major body changes.

Mostly with that I'm annoyed by retaining the sensor "flap" :(

Cyc

and finish changing the chest.  The "Shadow" doesn't have that VTOL vent

in the middle of it's torso.  It has a solid grey box shaped plate as shown

Based on the Superposable, destablizer will be okay, but it appears that Toynami are opting for head change/repaint Shadow, so no major body changes.

Mostly with that I'm annoyed by retaining the sensor "flap" :(

Cyc

So was I until I realized that that flap needed to... well... flap up and onto the shoulder to give a space for the cockpit canopy to go in Battloid mode.

Syncro Cannon!

Which raises the point of the lack of noise on the Mospeada versions. IIRC there was a 3-4 month gap between New Gen and Mospeada Superposables, hopefully we won't have to wait half a year or so until after Sue until we see Stick :(

Cyc (who readily admits he isn't fit to judge considering he'd buy rancid dogfood if it was in a can with a Mospeada label...)

OK, someone here posted a pic (I think in the old MPC thread) that showed the MPOS Alpha next to an Imai 1/48 Alpha. Both were in Battroid mode.

IIRC, the MPOS was closer to 1/48 scale than it was to Toynami's claimed 1/55.

Does anyone have this pic?.

That shadow alpha is looking good, and I'm tempted to snag it.

My local comic book store has 1 lancer masterpice for $59.99, I dunno weather tu buy it or wait till gamestop hits $39.99 <_<

so I gave in, and went down there today and bought.

It's number #2000, pretty nifty to have a rounded number. :D

OK, someone here posted a pic (I think in the old MPC thread) that showed the MPOS Alpha next to an Imai 1/48 Alpha.  Both were in Battroid mode.

Try this link.

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/toys/mo...arison/pics.htm

Edited by Mechafan

LOVE those pics. Do you have to build the Imai with that middle missile bay? I own three of the kits (recent purchases with the hope I will some day be great at modeling) and the one thing I instantly didn't like was that center missile bay. The alpha MPC doesn't have it's front wings place correctly in a few of the comparison shots :( Still, beautiful photos and I'm very happy to have the comparison. I also absolutely LOVE the paint job on that Imai.

Do you have to build the Imai with that middle missile bay? I also absolutely LOVE the paint job on that Imai.

You do not have to put it to complete it. It slides over a peg if I remember correctly. It had been many years. I like the IMAI scupt better. But since I am not a good modeler the Toynami will have to do. The one IMAI I do have is glue permently in fighter because of being knocked down so many times.

Someone on RT.com has stated that there are two different versions of the green MPC. One supposedly has a red eye and another that has a blue eye. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone wanna throw out what number they have and what color the eye is?

I hadn't heard that,

Mine is #01836 with a RED sensor eye

Do you have to build the Imai with that middle missile bay?  I also absolutely LOVE the paint job on that Imai.

You do not have to put it to complete it. It slides over a peg if I remember correctly. It had been many years. I like the IMAI scupt better. But since I am not a good modeler the Toynami will have to do. The one IMAI I do have is glue permently in fighter because of being knocked down so many times.

the legs and cockpit/canopy of the Imai is definitaly more acurate.

Toynami's canopy is too small and low.

I had only transformed my Red alpha once after I got it. Into soldier mode, then onto the shelf.

I went to transform it back to fighter and muddled through it, except for the hips. Is there any trick to sliding the hips on it to the fighter mode position? I worry that I'll break it forcing the legs too much.

OK, someone here posted a pic (I think in the old MPC thread) that showed the MPOS Alpha next to an Imai 1/48 Alpha.  Both were in Battroid mode.

Try this link.

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/toys/mo...arison/pics.htm

Cool, thanks!!

So...from left to right it's MPC, IMAI 1/48, and Super Poseable right?

Also, I have heard that the early pics of the MPC's in Fighter mode where they look all bent in the middle were due to improper transformation?.

Does anyone have a pic of one properly transformed?. IE - NOT bent in the middle.

Edited by Mechamaniac

Also, I have heard that the early pics of the MPC's in Fighter mode where they look all bent in the middle were due to improper transformation?.

While this may be true the Alpha/Legioss doesn't help its own cause any. The nosecone area of the fighter is not centered but rather way up so it also causes an optical illusion of an arched back.

post-26-1109541632_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I don't own a greenie and I have yet to sticker-up any of my alphas. I hear they look really sharp when stickered-up properly and would love to see someone else's work as well...

too lazy to post mine, but trust me, it will look twice as good if you put the stickers on it. I find with stickering it's easy to procrastinate but once you get started you've finished it in less than an hour.

While this may be true the Alpha/Legioss doesn't help its own cause any. The nosecone area of the fighter is not centered but rather way up so it also causes an optical illusion of an arched back.

hey, how'd you get yours not to sag?

Hmm, can't really say as I know what would cause one of these to "sag." I take it yours has the chest piece touching the ground with the landing gears down? I'm guessing if that's your case you have a problem involved in the condensing of one of the parts. Also, the way the upper fins attach to the main body causes a mild amount of pressure that is pulling the nose upward. Occasionally you need to apply pressure downward to the tip of the nose to fix this. When I took mine out for the requested photo i had to do this once or twice. Also, make sure the rear landing gears are placed on the surface before the front one. If everything is sucked back into its proper place your fighter mode should look pretty similar to that.

Hmm, can't really say as I know what would cause one of these to "sag." I take it yours has the chest piece touching the ground with the landing gears down? I'm guessing if that's your case you have a problem involved in the condensing of one of the parts. Also, the way the upper fins attach to the main body causes a mild amount of pressure that is pulling the nose upward. Occasionally you need to apply pressure downward to the tip of the nose to fix this. When I took mine out for the requested photo i had to do this once or twice. Also, make sure the rear landing gears are placed on the surface before the front one. If everything is sucked back into its proper place your fighter mode should look pretty similar to that.

Not to mention, you can tweak the hips a bit to make the center sag less noticable. I'm not a big fan of transforming my Alpha now -- it's taken up residence protecting Rei.. nice couple, that -- but if demand is there I'll take pics.

BTW, a cool (and unfortunately pretty useless) thing about the front gear is that there's actually a joint that allows the wheel to go up and down as though on suspension. In jenius' pic, it's actually fully extended.. the gear can actually go down a bit more.

Of course, you don't want it to, because that means the chest is now scraping the ground even more.... :(

Graham: you asked for a stickered greenie?

here ya go! (i made some *major* stickering errors, although some were deliberate)

Fighter, side profile (please excuse the floating landing gear):

post-26-1109653710_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiyao