MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

Say, does anyone know if there may be a joint Alpha/Beta offering in the future? I don't have an Alpha yet, but the Beta is exactly the motivation I need to want one. I'd prefer to get them together, so I'm hoping someone may have heard something about a package deal.

Nothing has been mentioned regarding a 'combo deal with these two fighters. Considering that the Beta is still in it's development phase, who knows what they'll eventually come up with? I would like a 'combo pack myself, but I figure that such an arrangement would sorta' screw everyone that already bought the current Alpha MPC's...

Nothing has been mentioned regarding a 'combo deal with these two fighters.  Considering that the Beta is still in it's development phase, who knows what they'll eventually come up with?  I would like a 'combo pack myself, but I figure that such an arrangement would sorta' screw everyone that already bought the current Alpha MPC's...

311387[/snapback]

An Alpha Beta combo pack? F***, you guys must really have deep pockets, and that would be one big ass box for Toynami to make (especially for a book style box). I think it would be cheaper to buy it separately off ebay or something.

I'm assuming the hands are 'work in progress' hands. They look like bad recasts of gundam kit hands.

310985[/snapback]

At least they're bigger and non-articulated unlike the Alpha, so the fingers won't break off that easily.

I'll probably buy a Shadow Beta.

The head doesn't appear to be able to come forward to create the cockpit in fighter mode. 

Still I have to say it looks badass!

311472[/snapback]

The Beta's cockpit doesn't form the head, it folds down to become the front chest section, that covers the Fighter mode center gun. The head just pops up from it's bay behind the cockpit.

I'm putting my money away to buy a tlead and an alpha. It's going to be expensive but it's worth it. Ok maybe there are technical problems but still it's attractive enough. I wonder where he shoots out his devastating armorpiercing rounds?

The Beta's cockpit doesn't form the head, it folds down to become the front chest section, that covers the Fighter mode center gun. The head just pops up from it's bay behind the cockpit.

311480[/snapback]

Gotcha. Hopefully they incorporate that then. I was always confused by that transformation. The head and the cockpit both have yellow eye/lenses then. Weird. If it does have a cockpit, then it will really look weird in Soldier mode with the cockpit up and the head showing.

Edited by Pat S

Also, looks like the Beta and Alpha is connected through a separate piece that needs to snapped on or something. At the bottom of the second to last pic I noticed an unfamiliar white bar under the Alpha which is definitely not a component of the Alpha. I'm guessing that component snaps onto the Beta because I noticed some vertical slots on the waist/ groin area. Well thats my 2cents.

310876[/snapback]

BETA_LAN.JPG

That's the question of how Toynami are going to do the Beta's front landing gear/Alpha connector, the front in that second last color pick does have the correct shape but how does it connect to the Alpha? How will they get around something that anime magically retracted flush and almost invisible in the Beta's groin block?

311010[/snapback]

In the anime you can see the Tlead carrying extra passengers inside it. Retract it and it would mean that they are going to be crushed. :blink:

BTW those 2 things on his chest aren't those clusterbombs?

Edited by Kin

does anyone know when the beta's will be will be ready for shipping?

They look to still be in early prototype mode. The plaque suggests 2006, I would think it means Xmas of 2006 at the earliest. I would love to be proven wrong though.

In the  anime you can see the Tlead carrying extra passengers inside it. Retract it and it would mean  that  they are going to be crushed. :blink:

311487[/snapback]

Not really, the bomb bay/passenger bay isn't in the groin block but above it, but the stairs to get into the bay are stored in the groin block just behind where the front landing gear tires rest retracted.

PDVD_032.jpg

Ah! Great thnx for the pic, I understand now. Looks pretty painfull when Ray did some stuntmoves.. :D BTW those new picsof the modeltoy really gave me an heartattack... musthave! :blink::o

Edited by Kin

hope not as long as the alpha's :(

311535[/snapback]

Given that this is Toynami, I'd have to say that we won't see it for a while still. I'm fully expecting it to be about another year or so. Possibly longer if they have to keep changing things up.

niomosy Posted Today, 01:54 PM

(gilermo @ Jul 17 2005, 01:41 PM)

hope not as long as the alpha's

Given that this is Toynami, I'd have to say that we won't see it for a while still. I'm fully expecting it to be about another year or so. Possibly longer if they have to keep changing things up.

That's good! With all of the good stuff that's coming out (1/48 CF, SOC VOLTES, 1/48 GBP,etc...), I'm gonna need time to save up for the BETA :D !

niomosy Posted Today, 01:54 PM

(gilermo @ Jul 17 2005, 01:41 PM)

hope not as long as the alpha's

That's good! With all of the good stuff that's coming out (1/48 CF, SOC VOLTES, 1/48 GBP,etc...), I'm gonna need time to save up for the BETA :D !

312239[/snapback]

Agreed. Not to mention the fact that I still don't have an Alpha (yet).

I'm probably gonna pick up all the stuff you've just mentioned. Plus Bandai is also going to release a Chogokin Aquarion (for $200)! My wallet is gonna DIE when I come back from the Philippines.

i am dying over here to, Saint Seiya, TF Binaltechs and Macross and Gundam, i am glad it is coming out in a little bit my wallet needs to chance to rest.

chris

New pics of the Beta @ robotech.com As you can see the Beta is pointing down at an angle making the Alpha look straight with its arched back. I wonder how bad the Alpha will point up when the Beta is leveled? Also on the bottom looks like there's bays for the landing gears too! There's some good news.

here's the link:

http://www.robotech.com/gallery/galimage/v...=2&totalitems=3

GIM_1385_2_5899.jpg

Edited by Osean

New pics of the Beta @ robotech.com As you can see the Beta is pointing down at an angle making the Alpha look straight with its arched back. I wonder how bad the Alpha will point up when the Beta is leveled? Also on the bottom looks like there's bays for the landing gears too! There's some good news.

If those are the rear wheels, I'm not too sure. True, they are accurate to line art IIRC, but their positioning and available space suggest very thin and spiny gears.. which may not support the weight.

I'll wait and see a nearer-to-production piece before making a decision, but likely to purchase at least a Red Beta.