Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

I am still looking for Shockwave and Wheeljack. :(

There was a Shockwave on the shelf last night as well. If you're willing to pay shipping, I can snatch it for you if it's still there.

So far, the only one I had to get from ebay was Jazz. I've been fortunate enough to get all the others directly from the stores.

Edited by Metal_Massacre_79

I'm actually glad that I passed on Meister, and got Shockwave, instead. I can't believe how well the light piping in his eye works. Even in low light, his eye stays clearly visible, but put your finger over the triangle on his head, and the eye just sort of blends in. You can give him a really neat pulsating eye effect. :)

Wheeljack just pwns me.

as_wj1.jpg

Edited by Greyryder

haha... is that a grimlock custom??? nice!!! that TF simpsons gag is frickin hilarious!!! i wish i could have seeen it... gotta show that to my roomie..... he'll flip...

anyways... i know the recast launchers are old news.... but i finally got a bunch of em from Rohby for my Binaltechs and for my alternator Meister/Jazz.... check it out.....

Picture016.jpg

they look all so frickin sweet!!!

here's a close of my stickered Meister.... now doesn't that kick ass??? hahahaha

Picture018.jpg

what is that blue stang? i was gonna guess custom but it's got that blue sword

That's a custom, done from a Grimlock. I just stripped the paint off his sword, and repainted it. Did the same thing to make his visor green, then put some chrome trim strip behind it, to make it look like an optic strip.

For the record, the only colored transparent plastic I've seen in any of the alts, is Dead End's red everything, and Wheeljack's tinted clear parts. What apears to be colored transparent parts on everyone else, is clear plastic, painted with transparent paint.

Treatment, the problem is that his neck is kind of oddly placed The ball joint is at the back of his head, so unless his head down all the way (looking forward) he gets the stretched neck look. I always keep that neck block poking up over the hood, because I think it looks odd, without it.

Jazz looks better with those repro labels, but they look kind of out of place in Alt mode. I've seen a custom where sombedy put a single blue off center rally stripe, with darker borders on a Jazz. Looked good in both modes.

Jazz looks better with those repro labels, but they look kind of out of place in Alt mode. I've seen a custom where sombedy put a single blue off center rally stripe, with darker borders on a Jazz. Looked good in both modes.

I think Mr. Repro Jazz looks purty spiffy in his alt mode too.... dontcha think??? B))

IMG_0284.jpg

Milkman you better start hitting the Wal Mart on your side of town. The other Wal Marts received the new Alts.

I got the two E-Hobby blue tapes the other day. Pretty cool and cheaper then Diaclones.

PS.... Bobe Patt diecast sucks :p:D:lol: I don't need no paint flecks poking out my eye :p:D:lol:

Edited by Myriad

Milkman you better start hitting the Wal Mart on your side of town. The other Wal Marts received the new Alts.

I got the two E-Hobby blue tapes the other day. Pretty cool and cheaper then Diaclones.

PS.... Bobe Patt diecast sucks :p:D:lol: I don't need no paint flecks poking out my eye :p:D:lol:

now now, diecast is what we all grew up with. If it hasn't poked your eyes out then it wouldn't now. I still feel the BT's are still better dispite the paint chips. Besides, I don't play with them, I display them. The alts is what I trash up! :p:D:lol:

now now, diecast is what we all grew up with. If it hasn't poked your eyes out then it wouldn't now. I still feel the BT's are still better dispite the paint chips. Besides, I don't play with them, I display them. The alts is what I trash up! :p:D:lol:

yayuh!! Binaltechs rock!! i know people have their beef w/ die-cast... but the quality of a binaltech is a LOT better than an alternator.... i know since i have both... i agree w/ boba that i display my BT's and rarely transform them... thats why i have that alt Jazz to sticker up and play w/....

my red BT meister is much better quality toy than the white Alt Jazz...... and plus... they aren't that much more expensive...

BBTS this site has some BT's on clearance for $32.99....

If u don't have a grimlock yet... get one from here!!! although my roommate collects alternators and the Alt Grimlock has the best quality plastic i've seen on all the Alts... its quite heavy... almost as its BT counterpart....

but hey...The extra buck goes a long while with these bad boys... =]

Prowl looks better even in the proto stage, but the legs still bug me. I know, I know. You all thought that the previous pics of Prowl made his legs look odd, but look at those proto pics. Since when does Has/Tak make it a habit to make screws seen in the *front* of the bot? Look at the legs in those proto shots. Rarely does Has/Tak design their bots with the screw so easily seen. We know they don't poly cap them.

Just seeing those screws in bot mode in the hips and upper legs just pop out at you, which sends up a red flag in my book.

What do y'all think?

I'm lazy today, so please excuse me for not looking through countless posts to find the answer to this. If Windcharger was issued with a castrated weapon, why was Grimlock issued with a pointy sword? I was under the assumption that the concern was that someone would poke their eye out with the barrel of the weapon, but it would seem that a sword would do a better job of poking than a gun. Just my opinion.

I'm lazy today, so please excuse me for not looking through countless posts to find the answer to this. If Windcharger was issued with a castrated weapon, why was Grimlock issued with a pointy sword? I was under the assumption that the concern was that someone would poke their eye out with the barrel of the weapon, but it would seem that a sword would do a better job of poking than a gun. Just my opinion.

That is really a very good point. Perhaps it has something to do with a sword being Grimlock's trademark? Or could the quality of plastic for the sword be soft material?

Hmmm.......... doesn't really make sense to me.

That is really a very good point. Perhaps it has something to do with a sword being Grimlock's trademark? Or could the quality of plastic for the sword be soft material?

Hmmm.......... doesn't really make sense to me.

not to add to the "i heard this" bug, but...

i heard that it was because Honda didn't want to be involved with creating a violent toy/dangerous toy, so the barrel was removed? but when the BT was made, takara talked with honda and got them to reverse that?

anyone know the official deal?

My girlfriend found me a Shockwave (and a Wheeljack but I didn't buy it) and I have to say it's claimed the spot of favorite Alt. It's a much tighter version of Jazz, and much more badass. They got his colorscheme down pat. I also think that Shockwave and Wheeljack must be packed together in more recent shipments, as they seem to just be coming out together (along with Ravage). Maybe Hasbro's starting to pack more of what they expect to be popular designs in?

The legs on that proto are backwards. As was said before, the screws shouldn't be showing. I really think they were going for the Sideswipe/Red Alert look on this mold, so the rear deck should be the calves, not the shins.

Alt Windcharger's gun barrel is thought to be the work of Honda USA.

I would assume they legs and pelvix are backwards with all those screws going.... looks nice eitherways tho. I'm looking forward to this one alot...only problem is that with another 1/48 on the way, I'm outta room completely after I get a Shockwave... :(

Shockblast is very awesome, I got him last week. Totally recommended.

HOnda USA and Honda Japan are 2 different entities unified by name. Technically same company, but different branches(management?). Anyways Honda USa objected to including the drive shaft as a gun and did not want it on the toy since it turned into a gun. Honda Japan didn't care and let takara use it. Simple as that.

That plus the metal content and smooth finish make me want to buy windcharger....heres hoping some stores overstocked and I can order one on clearance...hehe. Guess I'll wait for the next animeconvention(usually find binaltechs for decent prices there) or for the next clearance sale at BBTS or other stores.

My worry right now is for the prowl alternator....isn't acura part of Honda USA's management?

I could be wrong I do not know much about cars.

And yes Wheeljack and Shockblast are in the latest case assortment...ravage might be in there too not sure.

I hoped that BT-13 Laserwave would come with a Decepticon car sticker ( like BT-08 Meister ) and Takara heard me :D . I saw the pics of the packaging :lol:

Each time I saw shockblast there was only one left. Seems to me that he and grimlock are the ones everyones going for first. Ravage swndle and windcharger seem to have longer shelf lives.

I saw shockblast once at target but he was snatched up when I came back a week later, and I saw shockblast at walmart but then I bought him. LOL. Right now I only have 4 alternators:Swipe, Screen, Windcharger and shockblast and my fav is tied between the latter 2.