Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Yeah, I'm gonna try and pick up Cherry myself and those AP Slicers...this is so bad. I wasn't planning on making another purchase so soon now I'm looking at $400 bucks for the Halo figs. I'm a goner :)

I spent 900 on the Rex statue figure/statue/ item of awesome. the way i see it whats another 400. Just means less fun stuff. :(

why did it cost you 900? :blink: I thought they where $500

Yeah, I'm gonna try and pick up Cherry myself and those AP Slicers...this is so bad. I wasn't planning on making another purchase so soon now I'm looking at $400 bucks for the Halo figs. I'm a goner :)

I think I'm gonna end up passing on Cherry to make room for this and I'm praying the AP slicers aren't too expensive.(closer to $50) I was really hopping for bot heads with them, but now not so much. :(

I spent 900 on the Rex statue figure/statue/ item of awesome. the way i see it whats another 400. Just means less fun stuff. :(

Rex is gonna be so worth it! Can't wait for it to ship.

Is it wrong that I'm liking #A's licensed stuff more than their own..? :unsure: Like previously mentioned, I'd prefer the Halo Chief, if they get the license for that.

A bit OT, but apparently the 3A REX is on schedule to ship end of August.

Also anyone have the HT jill battle suit version?

Yep. :)

Well, I just ordered my first 1/6 figure...the Sideshow Desert Sands Sandtrooper. Hope I didn't just open pandora's box! Already thinking about pre-ordering the airborne trooper, and would also really like a snowtrooper, though I would prefer an officer version to the standard on that they are working on....plus something just seems off with the face mask so far on the snowtrooper.

Chris

Is it wrong that I'm liking #A's licensed stuff more than their own..? :unsure: Like previously mentioned, I'd prefer the Halo Chief, if they get the license for that.

A bit OT, but apparently the 3A REX is on schedule to ship end of August.

Yep. :)

It's not wrong at all. I happen to love their IPs though but I'm also a big Ashley Wood fan. When they release stuff that is licensed from other companies, it's a nice extra for me but I mostly buy 3A because of the original stuff that is designed by Wood himself. B))

I'd love a dedicated 3A thread but I think the only two people who would participate are me and anime52k8 :(

Edited by xrentonx

one on ebay thats going for a decent amount. Just don't like the neck. Any issues with the suit?

Yeah, there's a rather unsightly seam across her neck when you look at it sideways, like she got beheaded or something.

I hardly touch the suit. There's a warning about dyes from the clothing staining the figure, so I don't usually pose her with her poncho and mask on. I was so worried about creases and wear and tear, that I pose her in a somewhat neutral standing pose, and keep her in an airtight acrylic display case. But from what I can tell, the suit doesn't allow for much articulation in the legs, which is a shame given the way the charater fights in the game.

One thing you might want to be aware of, are the holsters for her submachine guns. One of the loops on mine was too small, and I couldn't fit the gun's handle through.

That's hardcore, man. Gonna make em fight? :)

Idk. Depends on when/if ray ever comes out.

Yeah, there's a rather unsightly seam across her neck when you look at it sideways, like she got beheaded or something.

I hardly touch the suit. There's a warning about dyes from the clothing staining the figure, so I don't usually pose her with her poncho and mask on. I was so worried about creases and wear and tear, that I pose her in a somewhat neutral standing pose, and keep her in an airtight acrylic display case. But from what I can tell, the suit doesn't allow for much articulation in the legs, which is a shame given the way the charater fights in the game.

One thing you might want to be aware of, are the holsters for her submachine guns. One of the loops on mine was too small, and I couldn't fit the gun's handle through.

hmm.. so nothing like the batman weeping issue then. may have to pull the trigger on it.

Is there a such thing as a bootleg hot toys figure?

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

hmm.. so nothing like the batman weeping issue then.

None that I've heard off. The suit is made of PVC aka artificial leather. the Batman suit was made of some sort of rubber. The same kind of rubber they used for the Comedian's vest, which also had the oily -residue problem.

Is there a such thing as a bootleg hot toys figure?

AFAIK, no. Unlike TF's and other mass-produced toys, a KO HT figure would need a ton of work put into it to even look like the real HT stuff, which is probably too much of a hassle for KO manufacturers to bother with.

AFAIK, no. Unlike TF's and other mass-produced toys, a KO HT figure would need a ton of work put into it to even look like the real HT stuff, which is probably too much of a hassle for KO manufacturers to bother with.

There is the KO wolverine.

The reason I ask is I'm looking for HT Iron man figures. Now amazon has for for 100 usd over original which ain't bad. But eBay has a few sightly cheaper.

didn't like the spiderman 3 black suit till now

555025_10150969006586801_181401465_n.jpg

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

The reason I ask is I'm looking for HT Iron man figures. Now amazon has for for 100 usd over original which ain't bad. But eBay has a few sightly cheaper.

Wow, I didn't know that. I guess the more popular ones will have KO versions.

IMO, if you're okay with amazon's price, then you probably should one from them--for peace of mind, if nothing else. I stay away from ebay precisely because of things like these.

Personally I think 100 USD is very reasonable, considering the price of the original release. Then again, it could be a sculpt from the first movie; HT has improved RDJ's head sculpt by leaps and bounds in the later versions.

WTF? That's not even a KO. That's a...that's....I'm not even sure what the hell that is. Looks like something some kid kitbashed together from some old MJ toys.

The seller can't possibly get away with that. I think this actually counts as a con job. It's like putting an actual Ferarri on sale, but giving the buyer a Hot Wheels toy instead.

As for the Iron Man figures, why not wait until Hot Toys starts making the suits for the third movie? I'm not sure if the new suit will look similar to the MK. VI, but if you're not too particular, Iron Man designs don't usually vary too much. Besides, HT is always finding new excuses to milk licenses.

As for War Machine, yeah, I think you should buy one while you still can. No telling it it will be re-released by HT, or if the old design would even be used in the third movie.

Not sure how real that rumored pic of the Iron Patriot is, but it looks horrible.

Edited by GU-11

WTF? That's not even a KO. That's a...that's....I'm not even sure what the hell that is. Looks like something some kid kitbashed together from some old MJ toys.

The seller can't possibly get away with that. I think this actually counts as a con job. It's like putting an actual Ferarri on sale, but giving the buyer a Hot Wheels toy instead.

As for the Iron Man figures, why not wait until Hot Toys starts making the suits for the third movie? I'm not sure if the new suit will look similar to the MK. VI, but if you're not too particular, Iron Man designs don't usually vary too much. Besides, HT is always finding new excuses to milk licenses.

As for War Machine, yeah, I think you should buy one while you still can. No telling it it will be re-released by HT, or if the old design would even be used in the third movie.

Not sure how real that rumored pic of the Iron Patriot is, but it looks horrible.

Iron Man 3 armor is desert camo: http://www.comicbook...s/news/?a=63780

also, Marvel is saying that the "Iron Patriot" suit is War Machine with a new paint job. http://blastr.com/20...-the-iron-p.php

:edit:

and on an unrelated (and semi-off topic since it's a technically not a 1/6 figure) note, hella Action portable TK stuff from threeA happens this Friday (9am hong kong time). all three slicer and three heavy TK's in 1/12 scale. http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/?p=3137

Also, Kyuuketsuki does in fact come with a bot head. If he ends up 3AA only I'm going to be incredibly pissed.

Edited by anime52k8

Almost had an embalism when I looked at my clock and noticed it was 7 after 6pm hear. Picked up a kyu slicer. I'm super excited about that bot head, although I've got a feeling it'll be the mini bothead that showed up at SDCC last year and not the full toddler's skull-sized bothead of old.

Edited by anime52k8

Almost had an embalism when I looked at my clock and noticed it was 7 after 6pm hear. Picked up a kyu slicer. I'm super excited about that bot head, although I've got a feeling it'll be the mini bothead that showed up at SDCC last year and not the full toddler's skull-sized bothead of old.

I'm a little relieved that Cherry Bomb isn't the secret drop today! That means I still got a fighting chance for the next few days. The secret drop ended up being AP JC! I'm still shooting for him but I'm not gonna be crushed if I don't get one.

I ended up with both 3 packs and the Kyu with bot head B))

I'm a little worried about that material they're using for the ED-209's dome. Hopefully its a different, non-dry-rotting rubber, or better still, plastic or fabric.

And please, HT, don't release this for pre-order this year! I've got way too much on my plate as it is. Hopefully, Catwoman's their last pre-order item for the year.

About The Bat; I recall it has a pair of seats side by side in the trailer videos (the part where Catwoman goes, "My mother told me never to get into cars with strangers"), but on the toy, it's got tandem seats. Or was Catwoman sitting on Batman's lap or something?

P.S., no spoilers, please; haven't had the chance to watch the movie yet.

Edited by GU-11

Ani-com Pt1 pt2

In short x-3 wolverine, First class professor x, Hulk, Ironman mk vii, 1/4 scale dark knight , 1/4Terminator Exoskeleton , and Robocop plus ed-209

Also how are you gonna get this home kicker

165859_400377910024205_1436489988_n.jpg

link

Oh that baby is coming home with me. I'm already slowly building the granas table. I actually have three of them now. I need to get rid of the extras but might just nice to have it if I mess up accidentally. But that baby will be sitting on top of that table when its out.

didn't like the spiderman 3 black suit till now

555025_10150969006586801_181401465_n.jpg

I really like that image. I was kind of bored with my spider pose. Gonna have to bust out the stand.

I wish hot toys or some other company would release a 1/8 or 1/7 line of accurate sculpts to compete with play arts' " all thighs" versions of DK. It would be funner to have a smaller size with vehicles for those of us limited in shelf space.