Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Need one more to complete the lineup

How's the rubber holding up? There's this guy I know from another board who's aching to sell his Appleseed figs to me, but I heard that there are flaking issues with the suits, and that they kind of hamper articulation.

I've always wanted to buy some Appleseed figs, but the way the guy kept pushing them at me made me suspicious.

Thanks, Kicker. At least there seems to be no inherent problems with the figs themselves. Still, there's always the possibility that the guy's figs might have some other kind of defect.

I'll have to ask the guy to send some pics of the figs to me, posed next to a handwritten note with his username on it.

I don't have any problems with the Appleseed figures rubber peeling or flaking, but the articulation is hindered by it. The legs on Deunan look really weird if you try to pose her with a wide stance as the rubber stretches between them.

The 1/10 WAVE figures are really nice too.

I don't have any problems with the Appleseed figures rubber peeling or flaking, but the articulation is hindered by it. The legs on Deunan look really weird if you try to pose her with a wide stance as the rubber stretches between them.

That doesn't sound good. I was hoping to pose Deunan in really crazy crouching poses. Then again, I should've known, judging by the tight rubber pants. It was one of the reasons why I skipped the HT Batman figs; poor articulation due to the rubber suits.

FYI, the early rubber suit figures, like the Appleseed ones, need to be out of their boxes because the rubber starts to disintegrate if kept sealed (due to the kind of plasticizer used in the rubber). If you are thinking of buying a sealed one, have the seller open it and give you a 360 view.

Nice collection!

On another note, are HT's figures height accurate?

I've got an RE5 Jill Battle Suit version fig and Bruce Lee fig next to each other, and they're both roughly the same height. Bruce in real life was 5" 7, while Jill is supposedly 5" 4.

I know 3 inches is insignificant when scaled down to 1/6, but I do wonder. Anyone care to compare an Arnie T2 fig [he stands at 6" 5 in real life, right?] with another fig of "regular" height?

Edited by GU-11

@ Tober:

Actually, the stretching and puffing rubber isn't as bad as I imagined. The articulation is decent enough, and much better than HT's Batman--I heard Batman's knees straighten by themselves after you try to bend them. Would be nice if Deunan's knees could bend more than 90 degrees, though, but it looks like they're resticted by the thickness of the rubber behind the knees.

Those Hot Toys snap kits [the smallest ones in the pic] look quite good. If they're still available, I'd happily settle for those to save displaying space.

Those Hot Toys snap kits [the smallest ones in the pic] look quite good. If they're still available, I'd happily settle for those to save displaying space.

They sold out a long time ago too. They are PVC and kinda fiddly - difficult to pose. The worst part was you had to order the box of 10 to get the parts to assemble the Guges Landmate.

The 1/6 Hot Toys are the definitive versions of the Ex Machina Deunan and Bri.

They sold out a long time ago too. They are PVC and kinda fiddly - difficult to pose. The worst part was you had to order the box of 10 to get the parts to assemble the Guges Landmate.

The 1/6 Hot Toys are the definitive versions of the Ex Machina Deunan and Bri.

True. The HT versions have the best head sculpt for Deunan by far.

I guess I should contact that guy who wanted to sell those figs and see if they're still available.

I think there are a few differences to everyone's costume. Thor included. Gotta justify new figures for all of them, naturally, plus Hawkeye. Makes me wonder if we'll see a 1/6 Hulk.

I'm still waiting for a Hot Toys Loki. Odin didn't interest me.

hmm..i looked at Thor's and it seems nothing has changed. But the probability of them probably releasing a hot toys fig for the other characters, including black widow with short hair is high. So i think i'll hold off completing the unit.

My 1/6 hulk =)

HulkAvengers.jpg

Edited by Kicker773

Is this company called Inflames legit with legit licenses?

Never heard of them, and can't find their official site?

Anyone have info on them?

Here's a link to a MGS Boss figure of theres.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Inflames-12-Metal-Boss-Battle-Armor-Version-Metal-Gear-Solid-Snake-/230740277913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b9313a99&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101

• 2 weeks later...

Sideshow is selling pre orders for the shell batmobile

The what? I thought it's just parts for the car that snap on to recreate the "shield mode."

Are you saying the shield mode version is another product altogether?

EDIT: Never mind; it's just a one-piece shell that clamps over the damn car. In fact, you could actually display it as an individual piece, since it covers the whole car.

427526_10150561170241581_608591580_9482720_1001868069_n.jpg

Edited by GU-11