Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Oh man! Freakin Cain and a possible new ED-209!

The ED will be expensive, still mighty piece on any shelf.

Though I've never gotten into collecting 1/6. I get all excited with the pictures, read the reviews, research, but then as soon I see them in person, I'm just put off by the large doll size. Don't know why, they freak me out.

With the Stormtroopers and etc I'm cool, but anything with a face and fabric in 1/6 just creeps me. :o

And it's an a nagging issue as HT got the MGS license. Really don't know what to do with that one. :(

And dreading it if HT release a Clu or Quora figures from Tron Legacy... :unsure:

I'm willing to forgo a few deluxe TF's here and a couple of Gundam model kits there for the funds to buy an ED-209, but the cracking rubber dome issue had better be resolved. I'm not paying all that cash for spontaneous "battle damage."

As for MGS, the only fig's I might be from the line would be Cyborg Raiden, the B&B corps, and maybe Vamp. I'm crazy about MGS cyborgs and mecha, but don't really care for Snake. Gekko's would be nice, but those are probably way too large to make in scale, to say nothing of the Metal Gears.

As for MGS, the only fig's I might be from the line would be Cyborg Raiden, the B&B corps, and maybe Vamp. I'm crazy about MGS cyborgs and mecha, but don't really care for Snake. Gekko's would be nice, but those are probably way too large to make in scale, to say nothing of the Metal Gears.

Laughing Octopus and the Frog soldiers from MGS4. :wub: Damn they were hot. :wub:

Though I won't resist either a Naked Snake or Big Boss versions. :D

Laughing Octopus and the Frog soldiers from MGS4. :wub: Damn they were hot. :wub:

Yes please on the FROGS troopers; bitches where freaky as hell. (They need light up red eyes though)

Haven_TrooperMGS4.jpg

The model whose likeness was used for Laughing Octopus has always been my personal favorite, followed by [Raging?] Raven and Crying Wolf. Mantis? Not so much. Actually, I wouldn't mind having a Naomi fig to go with Vamp [both MGS4 versions].

Yes please on the FROGS troopers; bitches where freaky as hell. (They need light up red eyes though)

Drool worthy... :wub: Light-up eyes won't be a problem. HT's been doing that for their Iron Man and Nolan Batman [TDK Bat Radar thingy version] figs for a while now.

Edited by GU-11

The ED will be expensive, still mighty piece on any shelf.

Though I've never gotten into collecting 1/6. I get all excited with the pictures, read the reviews, research, but then as soon I see them in person, I'm just put off by the large doll size. Don't know why, they freak me out.

With the Stormtroopers and etc I'm cool, but anything with a face and fabric in 1/6 just creeps me. :o

And it's an a nagging issue as HT got the MGS license. Really don't know what to do with that one. :(

And dreading it if HT release a Clu or Quora figures from Tron Legacy... :unsure:

They're freakin huge. I have the Aliens Power Loader and I'd have to take it apart just to put it away... which is something I dont want to deal with, cuz I don't want to break anything.

But I've always regretted not getting the ED-209... even now that I hear about the grill tearing apart I still think it's worth the money it was originally going for. I seriously want a Robocain though.

I'd Quora if it looks anything lie Olivia Wilde. But I agree it's not worth getting the lightcycle or anything else from that movie.

Even the Olga Ninja from MGS2 is delicious. :wub:

(Sorry, could only find fan art!)

Glad other MGS fans feel the same. B))

Man, how could I have forgotten about Olga? She was great in MGS2...except for the hair-in-her-pits thing. Yeah, if HT makes a fig of her in that suit, she is bought on sight.

Edited by GU-11

I'd Quora if it looks anything lie Olivia Wilde. But I agree it's not worth getting the lightcycle or anything else from that movie.

LOL. Meant that if they make Clu or Quora, I fearfully will be too tempted. Loved everything about that movie. :D

Man, how could I have forgotten about Olga. Yeah, if HT make a fig of her in that suit, she is bought on sight.

Would have loved for her daughter to be the new Ninja in a future MGS... But alas, we're stuck with Rising for now. :rolleyes:

Would have loved for her daughter to be the new Ninja in a future MGS... But alas, we're stuck with Rising for now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the kid show good potential, especially now that Snake's retired. What with Rising and all, it seems they're looking for the next Solid Snake. But with a name like Sunny.... :mellow:

Yeah, the kid show good potential, especially now that Snake's retired. What with Rising and all, it seems they're looking for the next Solid Snake. But with a name like Sunny.... :mellow:

Yeah, but Sunny is her real name. She would get a code name like Snake, Boss, Raiden... Hopefully not Big Mama! LOL, that was a bleak moment in MGS4. :unsure:

Yeah, but Sunny is her real name. She would get a code name like Snake, Boss, Raiden... Hopefully not Big Mama! LOL, that was a bleak moment in MGS4. :unsure:

True. Maybe she could have a sun-themed codename like Inferno or Flare or something.

Man, I wish you didn't remind me about Big Mama. What had once been silken and perfectly bouncy are now sagging and...good gosh, somebody cover her up with a cardigan! :ph34r:

When the first teaser image for Rising showed up I was totally in the camp that thought it was an adult Sunny as a cyborg ninja.

To be honest, I've never been a fan of the actual MGS games but I love the design work and aesthetics that go into them.

Nothing on side show...thanks for site btw.. will bookmark it... freaking ebay are doubling the prices on those items..

Pleasure.

I used to get mine from cornerstorecomics.com

haven't bought anything in a while though.

How were the prices compared to online?

Edited by Omegablue

When I bought my Robocop and Aliens figures their pre-order prices were awesome, better than other places online. I think you also don't pay tax if you're not in the same state. They're down the fwy from me, so even though I paid taxes I saved on shipping. But like I sid I haven't been buying Hot Toys or any 1/6th figs for a while now. Actually sold off some.

Well, here's where a bunch of my hard-earned cash went this holiday season. ;)

First, a little holiday cheer courtesy of Sideshow.

post-692-0-95391200-1326604278_thumb.jpgpost-692-0-34033600-1326604297_thumb.jpg

Hawk and the Cobra Viper join Sideshow's G.I. Joe collection.

post-692-0-35872000-1326604322_thumb.jpgpost-692-0-19459600-1326604346_thumb.jpg

Who needs articulation when you've got vinyl capes and telescoping lightsabres? 12-inch fun from Gentle Giant.

post-692-0-32910200-1326604374_thumb.jpg

Best. Superman. Ever. Plus a more comic-accurate War Machine, both from Hot Toys.

post-692-0-41072900-1326604398_thumb.jpg

Sideshow's Desert Sands Stormtrooper Detachment gains a few more members.

post-692-0-77794600-1326604428_thumb.jpg

The Avengers thus far, as interpreted by Hot Toys (well, Rhodey's not in the first movie... but he's an Avenger in spirit).

post-692-0-15420200-1326604446_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penguin

Wow nice collection.. I myself am working on the avengers... got the Cap, just need Thor, Iron Man VI, and the chic lol

But while I slowly save up for those..here is what i finally took out of the box and checked out..

Vroom...

MyTumbler.jpg

Haven't opened my superman yet.. but i missed out on the kryptonite version =(

That is super sweet Kicker. I was sooo tempted by that when it was solicited, but in the end I just couldn't bring myself to acquire it. Ah well. If the Burton Batmobile is similar in price, I might just break down and get it. It looks to be just as choice.

Edited by Penguin

But while I slowly save up for those..here is what i finally took out of the box and checked out..

Vroom...

Despite the price these go for, my hobby store was sold out on pre-orders for a whole year before they arrived. I entered the toy collecting hobby a little too late to even know this thing was being made, and could only watch as the other customers happily carted their Tumblers out the store.

Damn things are huge. Some guys who came in a cab had to come back with a friend to carry that thing home.

So, now that I know hottoys splice with my sandtrooper sideshow body well, I have my 2ndhead of hottoys bespin Luke paired up against each other. Rad.

This is the main reason why I bought the s/trooper, for my Luke in May display. Absolute badass, I only have one other 1/6 which is the Monkey King/Magic fig. Stil overwhelmed by the size of the figures, and the Thriler version HT of Michael is fantastic, 40% off why not.

Now all I want is a 1/6 Ash. After my Luke Bespin, I do I hope I dont get addicted these are fricken expensive, barely have enough for valks, but loving the refreshing break with these.

post-3118-0-19663000-1326888754_thumb.jpg

post-3118-0-64920800-1326888797_thumb.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie