Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

It's weird seeing an Ash as a 12" doll. Because it makes him look tall. But I guess that would make him quarter scale? Great quality and spot on sculpt though. Same on the full metal alchemist stuff.

It's weird seeing an Ash as a 12" doll. Because it makes him look tall. But I guess that would make him quarter scale? Great quality and spot on sculpt though. Same on the full metal alchemist stuff.

well, it does say Ash is only 10" tall on the box. that sounds about right for 1/6 scale.

Does anyone know of a company that does commissioned work?

I need Motoko's trench coat from Solid State Society.

Medicom should have included it in the first place.

I've checked Triad Toys and their offerings are to my liking. :mellow:

Kinda like this doll :

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mfigure/016419/

dollfie's are 1/3 scale and obscenely expensive. Saber Lily was pretty cool looking, especially with all the armor, but it was $1,045.00 (yes, ONE THOUSAND AND FORTY FIVE US DOLLARS) and was only available via attending a 2 day event in japan or via lottery. expect to pay $2,500~$4,000 on ebay for one. :wacko:

http://www.volksusa.com/dolpa24saberlily.html

Edited by anime52k8

cool Iron-man,liking the look of the Captain America aswell.

Non-battle weathered luke doesn,t resemble Mark in anyway, but good effort with accesseries

Thanx UN Spacy!!!

Hell of alot of vid coverage there!!!

My fav batmobile(hope there,s a reissue of Micheal Keaton first batman movie figure,also my fav batsuit)

One thing I do wonder about the Iron monger is just how much Jeff bridges does it actually have inside. It would be unbelievably cool if the actually had a full removable figure in there like the mk I armor but I have a feeling it's going to be just a head and torso.

• 5 months later...

I'll pass on the 1/6 Murphy, and save up for a possible ED-209--damn, that's going to cost me a pretty penny. BTW, didn't Figma have problems in getting the license to use Peter Weller's likeness or something?

How's HT going to get around that?

I'll pass on the 1/6 Murphy, and save up for a possible ED-209--damn, that's going to cost me a pretty penny. BTW, didn't Figma have problems in getting the license to use Peter Weller's likeness or something?

How's HT going to get around that?

HT already made two versions of ED a few years ago. Maybe a re-release with a dome that doesn't fall apart is in order. A 1/6 Cain will be awesome too, but it's gotta come with canisters of NUKE!

HT already made two versions of ED a few years ago. Maybe a re-release with a dome that doesn't fall apart is in order. A 1/6 Cain will be awesome too, but it's gotta come with canisters of NUKE!

You mean the ED with the cracking rubber dome? All this while I thought it was from Medicom.

I wouldn't worry about the nuke. HT's been known to include any and every imaginable accessory with a figure. The RE5 Jill Valentine Battle Suit fig I bought has all her weapons from The Mercenaries mini-game--it also includes herb sprays and ammo boxes, her mask and cloak, and even a handgun I never saw her use.

The interesting thing about this is that Apple has enough money to pursue the lawsuit... if they win and it sets precedence for likenesses, that could mean something for the third party head sculpts based on the other unauthorized "celebrities".

Apple Threatens Legal Action Over Upcoming Steve Jobs Figurine

Apple Threatens Legal Action Over Upcoming Steve Jobs Figurine

http://www.macrumors...-jobs-figurine/

I kind of want to pick one of these up so I can pair it with this:

Ap-pel.jpg

I think it would be a fun complament for these two I'm already getting:

Redev2.jpg

The interesting thing about this is that Apple has enough money to pursue the lawsuit... if they win and it sets precedence for likenesses, that could mean something for the third party head sculpts based on the other unauthorized "celebrities".

It's already happening, and started with McFarlane Toys first T-800 for their Movie Maniacs line, back in early 2000. They had to last minute change the figure so it couldn't be recognized as Arnie.

Many figures will never be released due to the actors holding onto their likeness.

I'm talking about unlicensed figures in China. We already know about that kind of stuff like Sigourney and Michael Biehn not allowing their likenesses to be made into toys. And Jobs isn't a copyrighted character from a movie, the situation is more like the Obama action figures. It's a Jobs estate that should be suing unless Apple registered their CEO likeness or can prove that Jobs is synonymous to Apple Corp. But this could also affect the toys being made of Harrison Ford as Robot Hunter or Bruce Willis as City Cop. It's their way of saying it's not based on the character but based on celebrity figures.

Anyway, trying to stay away from making this a political discussion.

anime52k8: it'd be funny if you can replace that robot head into a clear dome and stick the Jobs head inside a la Futurama.

I'm talking about unlicensed figures in China. We already know about that kind of stuff like Sigourney and Michael Biehn not allowing their likenesses to be made into toys. And Jobs isn't a copyrighted character from a movie, the situation is more like the Obama action figures. It's a Jobs estate that should be suing unless Apple registered their CEO likeness or can prove that Jobs is synonymous to Apple Corp. But this could also affect the toys being made of Harrison Ford as Robot Hunter or Bruce Willis as City Cop. It's their way of saying it's not based on the character but based on celebrity figures.

Anyway, trying to stay away from making this a political discussion.

Ah, ok. Agreed, by China won't give a F**k as they still do with a whole bunch of other non-existing laws in their country.

They still make fake Ferraris roadcars, regardless of how the official brand is pumped there.

Though they did close down the fake i-Store...

As well Hot-Toys is distributed by Sideshow, so I gather whatever they make is licensed.

Edited by Omegablue

As well Hot-Toys is distributed by Sideshow, so I gather whatever they make is licensed.

Yeah. and HT has a ton of official licenses... it's not even worth butting heads with those studios...

Oh man! Freakin Cain and a possible new ED-209!