1/48 Hikaru's VF-1J FP and VF-1J

Just Gundam

Crap not another one i'm running out of money here.

Oh well I've passed on 90% of this years valks guess one more won't kill me :(

Edited by Black_Viper

Damn! You beat me to it, I found out about today and was going to inform everyone about it. In my opinion I'm getting the Hikaru VF-1J w/o the Fast Packs for continuity because he did not get them in earlier episodes of Macross, if you all remember he used the Fast Packs on the VF-1S in that one episode (I don't remember which number or title) and in the Final battle against Bodolza. If they make the 1/48 Max and Millia VF-1J with the FP's them I 'll spend the $170, just one Valk at a time. :lol:

Yikes, I knew the vf-1j with fp would be expensive but seeing the actual number hurts. If anyone is curious, you get a whooping 800 yen discount if you buy the vf-1j with fastpacks instead of buying the two separately. I wonder how huge that box is going to be?

That seems strange...

I can't imagine Yamato designing a whole new box just for this valk. So they are either going to do more FP bundled releases in the future, or HLJ is just bundling the FP with the 1J themselves.

Additionally, if Yamato is releasing a special bundled edition of the 1J with the Fp, and presumably the TV style hands, I bet it would be carrying some sort of special edition price tag. That price that HLJ shows is barely current retail on both items.

Graham, is there any confirmation on this??

Wow.....if you thought the 1/48, Elintseeker, and SuperOstrich boxes were big. The VF-1J + 1/48 Fast Packs is going to be freaking huge.......MW'ers will be crying about the lack of space in their room. Hahahaha. B)

is this fast back different then the current fast back thanks

Maybe the color of the FP will be different?

Also, since the FP version is 800 yen cheaper than bought separately, I wonder if the strike cannon will be included, considering the TV style hands will be bundled in too?

The TV FAST packs are gray instead of blue. The front of the arm attachments has also been redesigned (angular instead of rounded-ish).

I wouldn't ecpect the strike cannon to be included in the TV FP set.

I don't see where HLJ is just selling the TV FPs. I only see the J and the J w/ FP.

I'll bet anything this is a way for Yamaot to see how a bundle set would sell. They probably want to see if the price tag will be too much for fans to shell out at once. If they decide to bundle them what if they decide to release the Max and Millia together like in the past that is way too much money for me to put out at one time. I will buy FP sets when I have extra money so right now I am only getting the regular version 1J no pack.

Then what about the ultimate bundle? Hikaru VF-1J with Fast Packs AND GBP? Now THAT would be a big box. And way higher priority (for me anyways) than the Monster, for example. :)

I'm thinking this is more of an HLJ thing though I can see the Yamato test thing too. Just doesn't seem much like them, though.

Hey guys remember when Graham wasn't sure if the VF-1J was going to be limited?

here is my theory

Vf-1J Hikaru w/bundle pack-Limited

Vf-1J hikaru-NON limited version

Why Do I think this? not everyone who wants a Vf-1J even in japan wants FP bundle for it. Most macross fans in general would ratehr want a GPS-1!!!!!

I tend to think the GPS-1 won't come bundled and instead will be sold as an accessory pack. I think the VF-1J bundle is supposed to commemorate 1 whole year of technology advances since the hikaru 1/60 VF-1JFP edition made its debut a little over a year ago.

I also think yamato is testing the market for how well bundle packs sell

I tend ot think the next bundles if this proves to be successful will surely be max and milia.

maybe the non-FP 1J was designed to fit the........G....B....P....?

i'm just guessing...... :unsure:

You just rasied a delima. You get the one with FP or get the one without and wait maybe for posible GPS Armor? Either way a new valk. :D

I'm getting the FP/Valk set as it's likely that Yamato will release the CF at some point. If the GBP comes out, then you've got a Super CF and a GBP-1J. ;)