VF-1S Roy or VF-1S Hikaru

Smiley424

Choose between the two 1/48s  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Choose between the two 1/48s

• VF-1S Hikaru
    • VF-1S Roy

What up everyone. This is my first poll, hope I did it right. So I've been waiting to get the VF-1S Hikaru when I hear that Yamato is re-releasing the VF-1S Roy with all the fixes. I really like the VF-1S valk, its my fave (goes back to when I had a jetfire) and now I can't decide which one I want to get. Just want to see what you all think.

I always assumed the re-release Roy would have all the latter valk fixes. But, just for the record, we don't know for sure that the re-issue Roys will use the newer parts from the Max and Low-Vis.

Personally, I think it will use the improved parts. But we don't know this for certain. Just FYI.

Best Regards,

H

I'm gonna get the VF-1S Hikaru. Already got the pre-order in. For me, the Hikaru colors look the best. Besides, with a 1S Hikaru and Strike pack, I can put it in that cool pose from DYRL... "Protokultoraaaaaaaaa!!"

Maybe later, I'll get the Roy, if more disposable income goes my way.

yeah, i was gonna put in both choice, but that is not a viable choice for me right now, money-wise, so I'd rather force a choice of one or the other, cuz I know alot of the people here would probably tell me just to get both, which I gladly would if I could justify doing that w/o picking up fastpacks for both as well, and well, it becomes bad situation for my bank account :huh:

Most definitely Roy's VF-1S. His Valkyrie played a pivotal role throughout the entire SDF Macross and the first half of DYRL. Hikaru's VF-1S (not including his VF-1A), however, was shown for only 15 minutes during the finale of DYRL. Given that, Roy's would get my money. Besides, IMO, Roy's was a more worthy leader of Skull Squadron.

Got to get the Roy's VF-1S

and then get the Original Hikaru VF-1J

:)

What he said.

Im going to get 2 sets of the 1/48 VF-1S Roy reissue cos i miss out on those intially, but then again i may get either the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru or VF-1J. I was thinking of the former as i feel there is a high possibility that VF-1J Max and Millia would be release later. Why? to fully utilize the sculpt they created for VF-1J, maximising profits.

Cheers

I'm gonna get the VF-1S Hikaru. Already got the pre-order in. For me, the Hikaru colors look the best. Besides, with a 1S Hikaru and Strike pack, I can put it in that cool pose from DYRL... "Protokultoraaaaaaaaa!!"

Maybe later, I'll get the Roy, if more disposable income goes my way.

I agree with you on that one, :lol: Protocultaaaaaaa!

The single most popular complaint is the head seam. Yamato sculpted the 1/48 -1S head in left and right halfs instead of front/rear like they did with the 1/60. Consequently there's a seam going right down the middle of the "face." Not that bad but it's there and I can't really think of a good reason why they did it that way.

Then there were crooked skull emblems on one or both of the vertical stabilizers. The canopy woudln't stay open. And IIRC there might have been an issue with an ugly gap appearing on the seam of the nose when the landing gear were open (to some extent this applies to the whole 1/48 line I think, but I've never noticed it on my Low-Viz).

I like Roy's scheme/character better than the Hikaru IS, but Roys old toy isn't as good as the new Hikaru will be. Roy's old one doesn't have the Max/Low-Viz fixes (IOW, a reissue and not the old one) and further has numerous examples of bad QC.

Did Yamato sort of blow it when they made the 1S? What were its problems? Is that why only that valk is going to be reproduced?

I doubt it. It's probably that the Roy -1S was the "hero" mecha of the show, and since they're releasing a Hikaru TV -1J in the forseeable future, they wanted to give everyone a second crack at Roy's as well. For all we know, they just might even put the TV stickers and hands in with the Roy -1S.

Edited by Pat Payne

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank everyone who polled, replied, etc. I had forgotten about this poll until just recently I remembered and checked up on it. In the end, personal finances after books, car insurance, and not currently having a job have out on hold any thoughts or purchasing any valks for the year. I'll probably wait around until the recast YF-19 fastpack comes out, definately getting that, no doubt there.

VF-1S roy.

while the roy's 1S is very common, theres a reason for it.....its the most popular of robotech/macross toys next to the VF-1J, which is only so, since its in the intro and ending of every robotech episode. :rolleyes:

the yellow 1S was in both robotech and macross, while the red 1A and 1S were only shown in macross and to tell you the truth, i don't remember even seeing a red 1S? :unsure: i know it definitely wasn't in the robotech series.

roys 1S is more common but is a must have for any robotech/macross fan....its like not having a max.

Hikaru 1S all the way! Can I ask something though? Will they be releasing any of the 1S bundled with fastpacks like they'll do with the 1J? This seems to be their tactic like what they did in the 1/60 line. i'd hate to get a Hikaru 1S now only for it to be released with fastpacks sooner or later.

I look at it from a character appreciation point of view. Wait for a reissued 'Roy, as his charater was the epitome of cool. I don't understand the need to purchase anything Hikaru-he was a dork.....

I look at it from a character appreciation point of view.  Wait for a reissued 'Roy, as his charater was the epitome of cool.  I don't understand the need to purchase anything Hikaru-he was a dork.....

here here!

he sure was a dork...he spent how many days trapped with minmay?????

and he still couldn't get none. :lol: the brotha has no game. :D

if that was me, i would've bagged that booty the first minute we got trapped.....

"yo, baby, this is it, looks like the end",.... "so why don't you :o on this, it'll keep your strength up". ;) B) :blink: ahhhhh........

but don't hate on the VF-1J, thats my shiz-nit!