Anyone play Robotech Invasion?

is it me ..or are some folks just a bit snooty when it comes too console games>>yiKeEssS :rolleyes:

the game is NOT perfect..but is it really all that BAD??

too me it's better than NO mospeada game play ..which is where we've been for 20 years...

so i'm happier than i was with no newGen game! :D

just my 2 cents-

You're right, it is our problem. We have both had very bad experiences at those stores and we don't like them. Why should I write and complain about a store I don't like to shop at? That would be like me taking time to write a letter to Peir One complaining their candle isle smells to strong even though I never shop there. If I shopped there all the time and felt annoyed then perhaps a letter would allow me to vent my frustrations but I'd rather just not shop there, simple as that. I may go in to look at what they have but I buy elsewhere, that affects them more than any letter will. All a letter will do is generate a form letter response and become a statistic on a boardroom chart. The supreme showing of displeasure is by not doing business with them.

Yet all this is personal opinion. I'm sure several people have had good experiences and feel they got their money's worth at those stores but to me Gamestop is a swarthy switchjoint with a used car lot feel. There is not much they can do to change that opinion in my mind so if you work for them don't take it personally that people like me dislike the place you work for. It is not your fault and we are not insulting you personally, we just feel your bosses and establishment are not to our liking.

From the way you're describing it, though, you make it sound like the Gamestop in your area really marks up the price of their games, which is the part I don't understand. When you go to Gamespot or IGN, they list the set retail price, which is usually $50 for a game. My Gamestop, all the Gamestops in my area, all the Targets, K-Marts, Wal-Marts, Circuit Cities, Best Buys, etc, all sell their games at that retail price, with variations of no more than a few cents. Sure, some areas have local stores that sell games for a few bucks less, and if I live near one (and didn't get a discount already), I'd probably buy from them... why pay more when you can pay less, right? But you can't really fault a retail chain for selling games at retail price... except that, from the way you describe it, your local Gamestop isn't. I'm not really defending Gamestop as a company, just saying that Gamestop as a company isn't like your store, which puzzles me. I know that Gamestop corporate are money-whores... but charging above retail, especially when that's not a chain-wide practice, almost seems like a scam. (I never understood why companies do stuff like that anyway... they think that if they charge more, they make more, which may be true per item sold, but is rarely true in terms of overall profits. Wal-Mart's the number one retail chain in America for a reason, and it's not because the stores look like dumps...) As you said, not shopping there shows your displeasure more than a letter. But I wonder if a letter wouldn't be like catching a kid with his hands in the cookie jar, you know?

Just beat the fricking game,.. and OMG was it annoying... <_<

As some had already said it.. this game have no story,.. yes it doesn't,... and the ending to me is "What the hell is going on here?" Who wrote the story for this game ? Highschool students? Good lord... I think I've bash enough of this game with my previous post.. so I'm just gona move on..

For those who's curious, I say rent it.. Disapointment for those who want to buy it..

here's my 2 cens

L,.

is it me ..or are some folks just a bit snooty when it comes too console games>>yiKeEssS :rolleyes:

too me it's better than NO mospeada game play ..which is where we've been for 20 years...

just my 2 cents-

It's not that were snooty... it's just that as the console market grows and more developers know there's money to be had, we have more and more games to choose from. And unlike our PC breathren, who seem to get a lot of games at $29.99 or less, console gamers usually have to pay $40-$50 for new games. We don't have time or money to play every game... so we only buy what we feel is the best. What the best is is different for everyone... there will be people who buy Invasion just because it is Robotech/Mospeada. But the majority are just going to see a poorly done shooter... and even if they're in the mood for a shooter where you can transform into a vehicle and drive around, for half of what Invasion costs, you could buy the Transformers game, which was actually pretty good.

just my 2 cents-

It's not being snooty... it's venting over a game (as you've said) we've been waiting for for 20 years and now we get this pile of suck? Strictly as an FPS, it's WELL below standard in terms of graphics, music and gameplay... getting to change your cyclone only "most" of the time restricts ingenuity and forces a linear style of gameplay... and in this day and age, choices/freedom in gameplay dominate the market.

No, it's not perfect, and YES it really is all that bad. I'd put it at least 5 years behind most FPS games currently on the market. And the only way a game like that stays "current" is to bring something new and exciting to the market, which this game does not.

Edited by Skull Leader

looks like grandizer and an orguss had a child after their honeymoon in the hangar.

yes, i did work at ebgames years before we became corporate, that was before they hired the ex-president of babbages about 5yrs ago... we were a happy bunch before he came along, we only worried what's hot on games, asked customers to try some of our demo's and talked about which strip joints they went to after navy boot camp was over, hell, we recommended the "Admiral's" in Chicago (90% of staff are regulars)... at times they got great international strippers from Japan... not that cheesy one down the road near the Wisconsin and IL. border.

hell, we got one of the managers from the cinema working for us and obtained free movies, we even got next to free T1 gamming at the local i-cafe, till one of our employees opened his big mouth... the dumb-ass.

as far as the robotech invasion goes, i shall enjoy the demo, and not buy the game till it's $8.00.

Just a little bit of 'news' for the mecha fans....here is the Invid Overlord Variable Prototype. I actually like this design.....

MEC_68_2_7520.gif

MEC_68_3_8123.gif

MEC_68_1_9294.gif

Why make it transform???

Why would the Invid do that? Alternate modes are a human thing in the RowBoat-tech universe.

Stupid.

Why make it transform???

Why would the Invid do that?  Alternate modes are a human thing in the Robotech universe.

Stupid.

Who knows. The file indicates that the Invid had studied the Alpha and Beta...so its based partly on human mecha.

Maybe you want to be as handy as a human? and be aerodynamic when flying?

You guys don't remember your RT very well... Invid have no ability to advance their technology. They are insects with shells, or maybe more like hermit crabs or something.

The beetles that scurry around outside my garage can't all of a sudden decide they want to redisign their shells.

I for one don't like the design; it's even more of an aerodynamic brick than the alpha. The whole purpose for transforming into a fighter mode could only be for improving flight characterists when not in "hand-to-hand", which this design would obviously suck at. Their regular form seemed to move well enough to get them where they needed to go. And I don't see any real differences between the "Battroid" and "Guardian" modes, so why throw in the latter? The Battroid form looks all right though.

And people, I've said it once, I'll say it again: nothing really good comes out of Chapel Hill. ;)

And I don't see any real differences between the "Battroid" and "Guardian" modes, so why throw in the latter?

My first thought. The point of transforming is the idea of a change in function. There is none here.

vinnie

So basically, they took a Tread, a Gurab mixed with a Iigau and a Gosu and came up with that? :blink:

And I don't see any real differences between the "Battroid" and "Guardian" modes, so why throw in the latter?

My first thought. The point of transforming is the idea of a change in function. There is none here.

vinnie

So basically, they took a Tread, a Gurab mixed with a Iigau and a Gosu and came up with that? :blink:

Nobody said it had to make sense :p

Kinda looks like a combination of the V Gundam & Pheyos Valkyrie....

As for the Inbit, I alwasy thought they were energy beings that just took on biological forms to further their existence... Starting off with lower lifeforms like bugs, then dinosaurs, then humans, etc. Or are you guys just talking robotech?

Kinda looks like a combination of the V Gundam & Pheyos Valkyrie....

As for the Inbit, I alwasy thought they were energy beings that just took on biological forms to further their existence... Starting off with lower lifeforms like bugs, then dinosaurs, then humans, etc. Or are you guys just talking robotech?

Well, we are talking about a Robotech specific design, but I tend to attribute many Inbit traits to the Invid.

Certainly better than admitting the Regent even exists...

Cyc

So when are you gonna tell us what you think of it?

Well, Star Wars Battlefront is on my list of games to try before RT Invasion, but as I have so little time for console games (haven't played a game of any sort in 6 months....not kidding), it might be a while before I get around to giving Invasion a try.

OT, but curse Battlefront for not having a 2-player split screen mode :( I don't think there is anyway to play it online here in HK. I was looking forward to having a friend come round to try it with me, but then I found out there is no 2-player mode :( .

I wish game developers would realise that not everbody is into or has access to play online console games. Anyway, I'm old fashioned and still prefer playing when I have my friends in the same room with me together with plenty of beer and pizza. None of this anonymous online gaming for me thank you very much.

So getting back on topic, how is the 2-player mode of RT Invasion?

Graham

So when are you gonna tell us what you think of it?

Well, Star Wars Battlefront is on my list of games to try before RT Invasion, but as I have so little time for console games (haven't played a game of any sort in 6 months....not kidding), it might be a while before I get around to giving Invasion a try.

OT, but curse Battlefront for not having a 2-player split screen mode :( I don't think there is anyway to play it online here in HK. I was looking forward to having a friend come round to try it with me, but then I found out there is no 2-player mode :( .

I wish game developers would realise that not everbody is into or has access to play online console games. Anyway, I'm old fashioned and still prefer playing when I have my friends in the same room with me together with plenty of beer and pizza. None of this anonymous online gaming for me thank you very much.

So getting back on topic, how is the 2-player mode of RT Invasion?

Graham

Battlefront most certainly does have splitscreen two player. On the main menu, you should have four choices: Single Player (self explanitory), Multiplayer (online play or multiple consoles), Splitscreen (for two players on one console), and Options (self explanitory). Even though it's in the main menu, it can actually be easy to miss... whenever I go to play with buds at home, I ALWAYS hit Multiplayer first, as it's the second option, before I remember that Splitscreen isn't in Multiplayer.

Just tried the demo on Robotech Invasion. I wouldn't call it total crap, but wouldn't spend any money to buy it or rent it either. It really feels like you can't do much in this game. Gameplay is too simple, and don't seem that fun. Graphics and animation are not that good either. With so many quality games out there now, I don't really see how Robotech Invasion can compete with others. Out of all the games shown on the OPM demo, Robotech Invasion ranks among the lowest, if not THE lowest on my book.

you guys are way-harsh about this game..gawdd <_<

Maybe we're just tired of half-assed games being foisted on us anime fans, Robotech or otherwise. I don't think we're too harsh, but rather that you're far too forgiving of crappy games "just because there's nothing else."

yeah bsu,

whatever.... ;)

- this game seems to be getting pretty fair reviews, for such a craptastic title.

besides...what heavy-hitter outfits will ever produce a fairly popular 80's anime series based game for u.s. release??

-i'll be the first too buy it! :blink:

until then ..the mospeada related game that's getting a 6-8 rating is pretty kool in my book.

:ph34r:

Reviews are just someone else's opinion. If you put stock in reviews then you are putting stock in someone else's opinion of the game... and in the case of game magazines you are depending on the slanted opinion of someone who is most likely on the payroll of the game makers to some good degree.

The only "true" review of a game is the one you yourself give it, not something someone else gives it. If you like a particular game then great, by all means love the thing and play it into old age... but don't rely on the opinions of others to support your own. When it comes to "what kicks ass and what doesn't" it's all opinion, there are not hard facts to "proove this game 'ownz'".

The only cold hard facts about a game being good or not reflect in it's sales, numbers most of us will never see as game companies tend to hide the numbers of poor titles and brag about (and sometimes inflate) the numbers of outstanding titles. Months from now after the holidays we will know how good Invasion sold... and if nothing else we will see what price it is sitting at. My honest opinion is it will sell for crap and be priced at $20 after the holidays after getting it's ass handed to it by all the upcomming massive flagship titles expected out.