Anyone play Robotech Invasion?

I'm actually rather enjoying the game right now. A bit annoyed at the lack of Robotech music, but still having a fun time.

As for not flying the Alphas, I couldn't care less. I've always been more partial to the Cyclones, anyway. And I've always felt that the main draw to Mospeada/New Gen was the Cyclones, not the Alphas.

Screw this game, we need somebody to do a Mospeada multiplayer mod for one of the next gen games, like Half Life 2, Unreal Tournament 2K4, or Battlefild 2. Now that would kick ass.

Not really, since you wouldn't be able to use ANY transformable mecha, and would be stuck in a Battloid-only Cyclone or just as a grunt in CVR-3 armour. Either way, you get even farther away from the appeal of New Generation/MOSPEADA.

I finally found that last turrent! Damn thing was attatched to a busted up ship and it pissed me off! But now I'm on the REF side instead of the rebelion forces....so I'm starting from square 1 again.......which is fine.

Not really, since you wouldn't be able to use ANY transformable mecha, and would be stuck in a Battloid-only Cyclone or just as a grunt in CVR-3 armour. Either way, you get even farther away from the appeal of New Generation/MOSPEADA.

Says who? Lots of FPS games now let you interact with vehicles, so you're not "just a grunt in CVR-3." And I don't see the problems with transforming mecha, either. What makes you think it's so far out of the realm of possibility?

Not really, since you wouldn't be able to use ANY transformable mecha, and would be stuck in a Battloid-only Cyclone or just as a grunt in CVR-3 armour.  Either way, you get even farther away from the appeal of New Generation/MOSPEADA.

Says who? Lots of FPS games now let you interact with vehicles, so you're not "just a grunt in CVR-3." And I don't see the problems with transforming mecha, either. What makes you think it's so far out of the realm of possibility?

I say that because none of the FPS engines are designed to allow for a transformable mecha. Sure, you could use them in one mode or another, but to actually transform on the fly like you can in the Robotech games and the Macross PS2 game? Not without some *serious* changes to the game itself, I'd think.

Nah. As far as I know, there's nothing inherintly "concrete" in any given moden FPS engine that won't allow transforming mecha. If programmers can do it on a console, why not a PC game? Besides, most of the big games are released with full studio developer kits. The problem as I see it is tht any such mod would likely never be completed, as most mods seem to just die after a year or so of work. But if a talented, commited team worked on this I don't see why it couldn't be a reality.

Nah. As far as I know, there's nothing inherintly "concrete" in any given moden FPS engine that won't allow transforming mecha. If programmers can do it on a console, why not a PC game? Besides, most of the big games are released with full studio developer kits. The problem as I see it is tht any such mod would likely never be completed, as most mods seem to just die after a year or so of work. But if a talented, commited team worked on this I don't see why it couldn't be a reality.

That's what I meant, the FPS games you listed don't come with transforming mecha stock, coded in already. So yeah, it'd be a serious mod project do to that, and pull it off even remotely well.

Still, that is something I'd enjoy seeing, but based more on Halo that Half-Life. Cyclone special forces taking on Covenant Elites... THAT would be fun :lol:

Edited by CoryHolmes

First off this game is a total disappointment in that you can pilot an alpha or beta. I've yet to decide if it was even worth renting, which is what I did. THe sub plots suck and the character interactions are amond the worst I've seen on PS2. It seems as though harmony gold is trying to add a comedic element but they even fail at that. THe invid themselves aren't too bad except for the charge move which is totally lame. I'm about 2 hours into playing it. What sucks is that you have to remember to save often because there is no auto save at the end of levels. If the game freezes up (which it did for me once) you loose all progress since your last save.

The game itself is a major headache creator and is really hard on the eyes. Also HG has added some funking things like everything goes blurry and you start hearing voices of women and commanders telling you to do stuff.

BTW did anyone else see the beta prototype in the game. If this is any preview of what HG's beta will look like....ITS TOTAL S@#T! It has some kind of funky torrent on the top.

Other quirky things include the lack of weapon descriptions on the screen so you don't really know what weapon your carrying or using. Missle on the cyclone suck. and grenade throwing is practically worthless since the range is about 1/2 what you get in other first person shooters.

If you can get this game for free or less than $5 then get it..otherwise you best off saving your money for other better games.

That's what I meant, the FPS games you listed don't come with transforming mecha stock, coded in already. So yeah, it'd be a serious mod project do to that, and pull it off even remotely well.

Still, that is something I'd enjoy seeing, but based more on Halo that Half-Life. Cyclone special forces taking on Covenant Elites... THAT would be fun :lol:

I'm pretty behind the times on computer games but it seems to me that if you have a game that lets you interact with vehicles, all you have to do is define "transforming" in terms of mounting/unmounting from a vehicle that's spawned/unspawned on the fly. The animation may be ugly/missing, but beyond that you'd just have to define how the two modes work in game terms.

Just rented the game... and I'm already bore of it already.. so sad... :(

The game lack true action as a 1st person shooter... yet the motor bike is borring .. the the walking take forever... good greeve.. I'm glad I rented instead of buying it.. the gun option is weak.. and the mission is a bit mundane and repeatative.. may be I'm a harsh grader, but this game got a D- from me..

here's my 2 cens

L,

The voices you hear from your character are mostly flash backs, but you also tend to hear the regis cause it appears your really an invid spy, I mean hell you never even talk. The second half of the story you play an REF soldier named Tasha and basically retrace the steps of Locke and you even find out who that guy in black armor is and that he basically kills Locke's captain, that Silas guy.

I got the shadow Dancer armor now for Tasha and I'm at Reflex point, so I guess I'm just about done with the game now......but yeah......not much of a story but what can you expect?

i dont like the fact that they didn't include the Alphas/Betas as part of the gameplay. Also, they didn't use a lot of the original sound effects (boosters, gun firing sounds, explosions, footstep sounds) and they should really ditch the remixing of original music and just use the real original music. The dorky running animations bug me, especially when side stepping, looks like they are skipping joyfully in either directions. Sucks that you cannot arm missiles in ride armor mode, would have been cool (or maybe Im wrong because I am only in the beginning of the game). Yes, it's better than Battlecry a little bit. I guess HG doesn't listen to fans.

Jus got to add, Kin's avatar is way better than RT Invasion. :D

Edited by vfxraven19

I can't believe HG allows craptastic stuff like this from getting released...

Hey, they released Robotech, didn't they? :p

To go you one further, they tried to release the Sentinels, didn't they?

HG doesn't seem much like a company concerned with quality as whoring their only franchise for 15 years.

I was out shopping with my wife today for some halloween things at a local mall and decided to stop on by the Gamestop store to laugh at their prices and heckle the zit-faced employees debating who would win in a fist fight, Darth Vader or a Cylon and what did I see them playing? Robotech Invasion.

My own feelings on the game pale in comparison to those voiced by the uber dweeb playing the game. Neither were employees but one appeared to be a swarthy manchild of his early thirties that reeked of cheetos and mom's basement and the other was a kid who appeared to just be playing the game to have something to do while mom was four stores up shopping for underwear in the "naughty store". This is the scene I walked into and this is what went down...

The "manchild" seemed to be an "expert" on all things robotech and was lecturing the kid on the show, what was "wrong" with the game and the game was worse than (fill in name of domestically released anime title game here, most of the titles he mentioned were dragonball). Now, despite the manchild's seeming depth of knowledge on robotech he was constantly cussing at the game and uttering, what I could only assume as I only recognised one, dragonball fight phrases. Meanwhile the only audible phrases the kid could cough out were simple questions like "how do you shoot" and "why does that one guy keep killing you". I could not help but start to sniker to myself. I mean, this was rich. This was too stereotypically funny to be true I said to myself. The two target audiences of this game playing it in one place at one time.

That was when one of the employees came up behind me and asked me if "my son was enjoying the game" and he started into a sales pitch that I had to cut short with "that isn't my kid... and if the other one was I'd have to charge him rent". Upon hearing my comment (I assume) and feeling the eyes of the store goon upon him the manchild took his leave to the back corner of the store to peruse PC game boxes and I took his place at the controls. Five words came into mu head after a few minutes: Man Does This Game Suck.

I know, long story with no payoff at the end. Leave it to JsARCLIGHT to conversationally blueball the message board again. Well, if anything, you should know that I found a thirtysomething anime dork lecturing a child about a cartoon show that he was "well aquainted with" was more entertaining to me than the actual game. Battlecry strikes again. Please don't buy or rent this game, you're just encouraging them. :(

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

<_< you know, some reason I sorta take offense to that...but than again, I mock John Kerry and Bush lovers....heavily.

While the game tries to please those of Third Generation fans, the game leaves little to be truely desired...There is almost no storyline other than the fact your to go around and destroy invid hives and reach reflex point. What the game doesn't tell you is how you'll play the sides of both the REF and the rebelion forces....but who the hell cares cause all your doing is destroying a countless amount of Invid which gets TRUELY annoying after an hour.

People claim there is yet ANOTHER remix of Robotech music, not true. The score of music is so lacking that there is NO chance there is even a remix except the fact that the Robotech theme plays now and than and there IS ANOTHER mixed version that honestly resembles the failed Robotech Crystal Dreams midi variation back in 1999.

While the graphics are the ONLY eye candy there is, everything else is a big lack luster, story, music, gameplay....also the fact you can not use your cycle mode in tight areas is annoying as hell when you need to get out of somewhere quick fast and in a hurry. However, there is one stage whereyou must be in cycle mode in order to get the f'ed out of the Genesis pit or else the raw amounts of protoplasim will kill you quickly!

Also the online play, it'll more than likely be dorment....not many people will be playing it unless they're like the manchild....I bet once I get the games online features up and running, I'll probably be whooping his ass calling him my wookie and telling him to grab my ride piece :rolleyes:

However at this time my high speed internet does not agree with Gamespy or even Xbox Live so I can't play.

But lets face it.....Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Secure the Protoculture type of online play is anything BUT exciting....

If you are truely bored.....and your curious RENT IT.....or wait till it gets to be uber cheap....like Battlecry in less than 3 weeks. Its decent for a Robotech collection or if you just wanna just feel a bit happy that you can drive around in a transformable motorcycle....

However, its people like Manchild that really make me embarassed of who I am and to be honest.....once I see those guys outside....I start kicking their asses around telling them to just say Kamehamaha JUST ONCE so I can kick them harder.

I myself fully admit to being a cartoon nerd... but at least I hide it well under the guise of just another yuppie trash hairpile in a BMW. :p

To be honest, you don't see too many of the "manchild" in the wilds... I still think I was halucinating from that piece of cookie cake I bought while walking around. But alas, the cookie cake could not have created the disturbed vision that was that game. Damn... makes you wonder how people can work on something like that and not say "hey... could we maybee... you know... perhaps... try?"

JsARCLIGHT, funny story. Now, I would go out and rent this game, but my loveable pup killed my PS2 controls, he killed my last one while I was sleeping. Anywho, I had a feeling the game would fail...well it didn't fail yet, but from the sound of it...nobody but fans of Robojunk seem to be biting. The bright side about this game is that they're only asking 40 bucks for it, I wonder what made them price it at 40, it wouldn't have stopped fans if it were priced at 50 or the price of a MasterPiece of Crap anyways. :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

JsARCLIGHT, funny story. Now, I would go out and rent this game, but my loveable pup killed my PS2 controls, he killed my last one while I was sleeping. Anywho, I had a feeling the game would fail...well it didn't fail yet, but from the sound of it...nobody but fans of Robojunk seem to be biting. The bright side about this game is that they're only asking 40 bucks for it, I wonder what made them price it at 40, it wouldn't have stopped fans if it were priced at 50 or the price of a MasterPiece of Crap anyways. :rolleyes::lol:

I can tell you straight up that it doesn't worth $40, ... I rented it yesterday night because of my curiosity,.. and the game is so good that I'm letting it suck up some dust outside my PS2 (partern my sacasium).. But if you are curious.. go rent it.. anyway. for games wise.. it fail for being a 1st person shooter and the game is lack of momentum..lets put it this way.. playing Bond on N64 (1998) is so much more exciting than Invasion on PS2 or Xbox....

Here's my 2cens

L.,

Right there is the best example "Golden Eye fairs better" and your talkin about a game that while had ALOT of fans, still sorta sucked in my opinion.

I am NOT a fan of first person shooters at all, I made an exception to Halo for its graphics and killing spree of fun...so thus you can guess I was in 3rd person in Invasion the whole 15 missions.

There's something left to be desired....oh yes ALPHAS! God dammit I wish you could pilot them. The game has enough levels where they taunt you at it....from the beginning animation of the game, to a level where your in a ship packed full of busted up and even perfect conditioned Alphas, to even seeing alphas kicking some invid ass around like soccer balls on a hot summer day in the park!.....mmm....good analogy.

Anyways, blah! Fin Harmony Gold.....

Hows this for an idea? The game be purely Online based like FF11....you join the academy by which ever era you wish......Macross, Southern Cross or Next Gen...you take piloting lessons and lectures of history in Robotechnology....the more lessons you take the higher your scores will be and thus when you graduate will determine the status in the military. You'll start off in missions prior to the storylines and go off there. Special events and missions will occur as you play with squadrons your assigned too...when members of your squadron die off they respawn in different squadrons....thus you always have new people to play. The more kills you get the higher the ranks and the sooner you'll get your own squadron. Score high enough and you'll start your own squadron based off what ever you want, Veritech, Destroid, Cyclone, Hovertank.....what the hell ever....

If you do a piss poor job in your squadron you get knocked down.....your in command and you loose to manymen or you die..you get knocked down a rank and someone else takes over.

TADA!!!!!

I was out shopping with my wife today for some halloween things at a local mall and decided to stop on by the Gamestop store to laugh at their prices and heckle the zit-faced employees debating who would win in a fist fight, Darth Vader or a Cylon and what did I see them playing? Robotech Invasion.

My own feelings on the game pale in comparison to those voiced by the uber dweeb playing the game. Neither were employees but one appeared to be a swarthy manchild of his early thirties that reeked of cheetos and mom's basement and the other was a kid who appeared to just be playing the game to have something to do while mom was four stores up shopping for underwear in the "naughty store". This is the scene I walked into and this is what went down...

The "manchild" seemed to be an "expert" on all things robotech and was lecturing the kid on the show, what was "wrong" with the game and the game was worse than (fill in name of domestically released anime title game here, most of the titles he mentioned were dragonball). Now, despite the manchild's seeming depth of knowledge on robotech he was constantly cussing at the game and uttering, what I could only assume as I only recognised one, dragonball fight phrases. Meanwhile the only audible phrases the kid could cough out were simple questions like "how do you shoot" and "why does that one guy keep killing you". I could not help but start to sniker to myself. I mean, this was rich. This was too stereotypically funny to be true I said to myself. The two target audiences of this game playing it in one place at one time.

That was when one of the employees came up behind me and asked me if "my son was enjoying the game" and he started into a sales pitch that I had to cut short with "that isn't my kid... and if the other one was I'd have to charge him rent". Upon hearing my comment (I assume) and feeling the eyes of the store goon upon him the manchild took his leave to the back corner of the store to peruse PC game boxes and I took his place at the controls. Five words came into mu head after a few minutes: Man Does This Game Suck.

I know, long story with no payoff at the end. Leave it to JsARCLIGHT to conversationally blueball the message board again. Well, if anything, you should know that I found a thirtysomething anime dork lecturing a child about a cartoon show that he was "well aquainted with" was more entertaining to me than the actual game. Battlecry strikes again. Please don't buy or rent this game, you're just encouraging them. :(

Hey, go easy, man. I work at a Gamestop. What's to pick on our prices for? You buy Mortal Kombat Deception from Gamestop, it's $49.99. You buy it from Wal-Mart, it's $49.94. While some places have their little local electronics stores that *MIGHT* sell them for a few dollars less, for the most part, I don't think six cents is that big a difference. And besides, Gamestop always drops prices first. We were selling Soul Calibur 2 for $20 weeks before anyone else.

And not all Gamestop employees are the nerdliest of nerds. Granted, we get our share around the time we do seasonal hires, but for the most part, we don't discuss Star Wars and never do the "who would win..." thing. We talk about productive stuff, like the pros and cons of flinging cat crap off my balcony with a litter box scooper as a way to have a cat and still keep my apartment smelling fresh.

As far as customers go, we do (especially on weekends, after they get their allowance) get the "Square is the greatest video game company ever simply because they made Final Fantasy VII" crowd, usually to buy the latest roleplaying or tactics game, or occasionally a Dragon Ball Z fighter. But at my store over here near Pittsburgh, PA, we also get plenty of rednecks looking for the new Cabela's Deer Hunt (did you know the new one is Live enabled? For what? Downloadable rosters updates?), fishing, or NASCAR game. But by far the bulk of our business, and EA's comes from the sports crowd that buys every EA sports game year after year.

Oh, and we do get our fill of little kids. Mom's think that, because we have displays with demos in the front of th store, that we're some kind of day care or something. On Fridays evenings, we get more than our fair share of stoners, too.

Sales pitch? Trust me, dude, we really don't care if you buy anything or not. They don't really pay SA's enough to care, although the store managers are mostly kiss-asses, so they might care. And trust me, we don't get comissioned. The only thing we might push is to reserve a game you're probably going to come back and buy the day it comes out at our store anyway, or to get one of those subscription/discount card deals. And again, it's not because we actually care about that stuff... believe me, if we had a choice, we wouldn't do either. But corporate thinks reserves are guaranteed sales (which, for all the cancels and no-shows, they really aren't) and that if you buy the sub with the discount card, you'll buy more used games from us (which, again, isn't true... you're not going to make special trips to Gamestop over a 10 lousy percent discount, and if you happen to be in the store, you'll either buy a used game or you won't. That little card isn't going to be the deciding factor), they force us to do it. SA's have actually lost their jobs because they didn't get enough reserves or sell enough subscriptions over a month's time. If you ever have an associate at Gamestop make a "sales pitch" at you, it's not so you'll buy something... it's either because his ass is on the line, or he wants you to hurry up and make up your mind already and get the hell out... or if they thought the kid was your son, more likely because they wanted the kid to get the hell out. We really don't like kids in our store. If you ever work on our side of the counter, you'd understand.

Hey, go easy, man.  I work at a Gamestop.  What's to pick on our prices for?  You buy Mortal Kombat Deception from Gamestop, it's $49.99.  You buy it from Wal-Mart, it's $49.94.  While some places have their little local electronics stores that *MIGHT* sell them for a few dollars less, for the most part, I don't think six cents is that big a difference.  And besides, Gamestop always drops prices first.  We were selling Soul Calibur 2 for $20 weeks before anyone else.

And not all Gamestop employees are the nerdliest of nerds.  Granted, we get our share around the time we do seasonal hires, but for the most part, we don't discuss Star Wars and never do the "who would win..." thing.  We talk about productive stuff, like the pros and cons of flinging cat crap off my balcony with a litter box scooper as a way to have a cat and still keep my apartment smelling fresh.

As far as customers go, we do (especially on weekends, after they get their allowance) get the "Square is the greatest video game company ever simply because they made Final Fantasy VII" crowd, usually to buy the latest roleplaying or tactics game, or occasionally a Dragon Ball Z fighter.  But at my store over here near Pittsburgh, PA, we also get plenty of rednecks looking for the new Cabela's Deer Hunt (did you know the new one is Live enabled?  For what?  Downloadable rosters updates?), fishing, or NASCAR game.  But by far the bulk of our business, and EA's comes from the sports crowd that buys every EA sports game year after year.

Oh, and we do get our fill of little kids.  Mom's think that, because we have displays with demos in the front of th store, that we're some kind of day care or something.  On Fridays evenings, we get more than our fair share of stoners, too.

Sales pitch?  Trust me, dude, we really don't care if you buy anything or not.  They don't really pay SA's enough to care, although the store managers are mostly kiss-asses, so they might care.  And trust me, we don't get comissioned.  The only thing we might push is to reserve a game you're probably going to come back and buy the day it comes out at our store anyway, or to get one of those subscription/discount card deals.  And again, it's not because we actually care about that stuff... believe me, if we had a choice, we wouldn't do either.  But corporate thinks reserves are guaranteed sales (which, for all the cancels and no-shows, they really aren't) and that if you buy the sub with the discount card, you'll buy more used games from us (which, again, isn't true... you're not going to make special trips to Gamestop over a 10 lousy percent discount, and if you happen to be in the store, you'll either buy a used game or you won't.  That little card isn't going to be the deciding factor), they force us to do it.  SA's have actually lost their jobs because they didn't get enough reserves or sell enough subscriptions over a month's time.  If you ever have an associate at Gamestop make a "sales pitch" at you, it's not so you'll buy something... it's either because his ass is on the line,  or he wants you to hurry up and make up your mind already and get the hell out... or if they thought the kid was your son, more likely because they wanted the kid to get the hell out.  We really don't like kids in our store.  If you ever work on our side of the counter, you'd understand.

LOL, a close friend of mine worked at the Russellville, AR store and had almost the exact same thing to say (he was only working there so he could get the employee's discout). Last weekend when I was back home, I talked to him about RT: Invasion, and he said that out of the 4 copies he personally sold, THREE people brought them back within that day!! He mentioned that one of the other SAs gave a very graphic explination about relieving his bowels on a copy of it if he would ever get the chance. It would seem that hardcore gamers worldwide dissaprove.. I can only hope RT fans really got what they were looking for (although the ass-brained idea of having a Mospeada game without allowing the use of Alphas certainly leads me to believe NO)

Edited by Skull Leader

As far as I'm concerned Gamestop is a ripoff on wheels. Here in saint louis they have "mall prices", which means they are higher priced on everything... especially used games. Our Gamestops (of the like three we have) on average are $5 to $10 higher priced on games, especially used games. I only shop there when there is nowhere else that carries what I'm looking for. Plus the Gamestop here in my local mall (Crestwood) is staffed by nothing but dorks. Every time I have been in there you overhear them talking about Linux or building computers or playing some online game... the three guys I speak of have also worked there for years as they are the only three people I ever see in that store.

As for working the other side of the counter, I've been there. I worked almost all retail from high school through college (with a brief break to wear green and jump out of helecopters and ride around in trucks). I know that stores can be a real pain and it is really only in recent years that all the corporate required bullshot has started up with "discount cards" and "promotional this and that". You'd think the companies would actually listen to their customers when we start complaining about all that.

As far as I'm concerned Gamestop is a ripoff on wheels. Here in saint louis they have "mall prices", which means they are higher priced on everything... especially used games. Our Gamestops (of the like three we have) on average are $5 to $10 higher priced on games, especially used games. I only shop there when there is nowhere else that carries what I'm looking for. Plus the Gamestop here in my local mall (Crestwood) is staffed by nothing but dorks. Every time I have been in there you overhear them talking about Linux or building computers or playing some online game... the three guys I speak of have also worked there for years as they are the only three people I ever see in that store.

As for working the other side of the counter, I've been there. I worked almost all retail from high school through college (with a brief break to wear green and jump out of helecopters and ride around in trucks). I know that stores can be a real pain and it is really only in recent years that all the corporate required bullshot has started up with "discount cards" and "promotional this and that". You'd think the companies would actually listen to their customers when we start complaining about all that.

My gawd... Thanking for expressing in so many words how I have always felt about Gamestop/Funcoland/Babbages. They are so abd that they are the one store that if I could rob them blind or simply burn down each chain store I would in a heart beat. But then my friends who all worked there did rob them blind. lol

I once was going to trade in a GBA X-men game by activision. The thing wasn't even played. They were going to give me $12 for it yet resell it for $45 as brand new.... F'n crooks!

My gawd... Thanking for expressing in so many words how I have always felt about Gamestop/Funcoland/Babbages. They are so abd that they are the one store that if I could rob them blind or simply burn down each chain store I would in a heart beat. But then my friends who all worked there did rob them blind. lol

I once was going to trade in a GBA X-men game by activision. The thing wasn't even played. They were going to give me $12 for it yet resell it for $45 as brand new.... F'n crooks!

Well, that's your problem, guys. You have weird Gamestops. Out here, Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, EB, K-Mart... they all sell most new console games at $49.99. Wal-Mart might sell it for four cents less, KB Toys for $5 more. If your Gamestops are selling new games for more than $49.99, write to corporate and complain. I work tomorrow, I'll get the address then. Oh, and like I said, we don't have any tiny stores like Starland that sell the games for... a whole whopping $5 less.

It's true that we'll still only give you $12 for that GBA game, but out here, it'd be sold used at no more than $25. Yes, that's still kind of a high mark up, but they do that so there's wiggle room for discounts and sales.

You're right, it is our problem. We have both had very bad experiences at those stores and we don't like them. Why should I write and complain about a store I don't like to shop at? That would be like me taking time to write a letter to Peir One complaining their candle isle smells to strong even though I never shop there. If I shopped there all the time and felt annoyed then perhaps a letter would allow me to vent my frustrations but I'd rather just not shop there, simple as that. I may go in to look at what they have but I buy elsewhere, that affects them more than any letter will. All a letter will do is generate a form letter response and become a statistic on a boardroom chart. The supreme showing of displeasure is by not doing business with them.

Yet all this is personal opinion. I'm sure several people have had good experiences and feel they got their money's worth at those stores but to me Gamestop is a swarthy switchjoint with a used car lot feel. There is not much they can do to change that opinion in my mind so if you work for them don't take it personally that people like me dislike the place you work for. It is not your fault and we are not insulting you personally, we just feel your bosses and establishment are not to our liking.

My own feelings on the game pale in comparison to those voiced by the uber dweeb playing the game. Neither were employees but one appeared to be a swarthy manchild of his early thirties that reeked of cheetos and mom's basement.

OMG!!! Don't you realize who that was....? You just had a brush with fame, my friend. I am certain that this manchild was none other than than the legendary Bankofkev. AND YOU WERE IN THE SAME STORE AS HIM!!!!1111oneone. :o

Can I touch you?

Hows this for an idea? The game be purely Online based like FF11....you join the academy by which ever era you wish......Macross, Southern Cross or Next Gen...you take piloting lessons and lectures of history in

Wow....speaking of "exciting" gameplay.... :rolleyes:

Did I read that right? You're suggesting a game where you take lectures? That's so awesome it even dwarfs my plans for a mod of The Sims 2, called OfficeSim 2K5, where you get to experience the excitement of office work from your very home!!