Completed VF-1 Traditional Last Battle

Ranger565

Well Its done after 6 months of planning, Research, and Build time. I am done. I think I logged over 100 hours just making sure it was done with the correct paint scheme.

First I would like to thank a few people for helping me with this project

1. "Jung" for helping me with the correct colors for painting

2. "Grayson72" for helping me with pannel Lining

3. "Valk009" for helping me with some extra decals

4. "Jessey" for Helping learn about Furture Floor wax

All of them through PMs helped me in some from or another :D

Ok well with all that aside a little about the Kit. I got to thinking what would it be like to be the Little guy? The one that no one ever gave a crap about? Sure you have the Main characters but What about your Average Joe? I have always enjoyed episode 27 of the Original TV show. So I decided to created a VF-1A that showed what was going on in the rest of the battle. These guys went up against

4 million ships.

This plane represents the BACK BONE of the UN Spacy Fleet. And my idea of what it would have looked like smack dab in the Middle of the battle

The VF-1A does not Represent any Known Squadron. Just your average Joe. There is a lot of damge due to Shrapnel of an exploding Pod that it just Tore to hell, and flew through the Debris.

Here you Go

VF-1A1.JPG

VF-1A2.JPG

Also The Photo Etch DID NOT come with the Comunications Antenna, So I added one where it should be :D

VF-1Aantenne.JPG

VF-1Aback.JPG

The figher all Busted up from Shrapnel

VF-1Aleft.JPG

The Traditional Pilot In Stander issue Uniform. Man Making him was HARD!! had to use DYRL Pilot and change him

VF-1APilot.JPG

VF-1ARight.JPG

Better shot of the Shrapnel

VF-1Ashrapnel.JPG

VF-1ATop.JPG

Well Ok let me know what you think, Man I am glad to be done.

But My next project is Under Research. Prob going to be Battroid Red Baroness From the Last battle with altered Wings to hold Missles

Well thank you and Hope you enjoy :D

Ranger565

Edited by Ranger565

can i fly it. can i fly it. the thing looks like you can hop in and take off. CF or not its great. excellent balance on weathering sometimes acft models have too much or not enough. you have pulled it off great. makes me want to do a 48 scale version using the resin cast kit. need the money and time got 2 rc tanks to build up first. keep it up.

Edited by HWR MKII

The mechanics will be happy to see this fighter come back from battle...

NOT! :lol:

Dude your plane is filthy time to go through the autowash (they're free ya know with a full tank of gas :lol: )

Hey it looks great, I really like the CF paint scheme, all the weathering is great. I love the missing ordnance too.

Appreciate the acknowledgement as well.

Keep up the good work and share more.

Grayson72

Excellent work my friend, keep up the great modeling, it is always so much more rewarding when you put this much effort into things,

The Paint I used for the Main body is Rust-Oleum Camouflage Khaki I got from My Local Home Depot. Can is about 3 dollers and I will tell you that it goes on so smooth. After Priming Just one coat is needed.

Picture of the Khaki paint can

Spray.JPG

Man Grayson I still love your planes. I would love to do a diorama and have planes like that in it. But time is Just an issue. Hehe maybe when I am old and Retired from work LOL

Ranger565

Edited by Ranger565

That looks great. I can't believe that Rust-o-leum gave such a nice finish! :blink:

I would bet that a pilot who survived that battle in that plane wouldn't be flying a CF the next time he went out. He deserves a promotion! ;):lol:

OK, I have to nitpick... Why are the flaps hinged upwards? And would they be moved at all in space?

Also, I feel like the weathering effects are overdone - and one place that should be dirty, the area of the wing which slides into the fuselage, is conspicuously clean. Panel lines seem a bit erratic, too. For instance, the line between the brown and white areas of the wing seems like it's all over the place. I'm not sure if that's a result of brown paint going where you didn't want it, or if it's just a panel line wash that covered too much area. Then there's the seam on the front edge of the wing...

The fluorescent effect on the headlights is good, it makes them look bright - but the fact that they're the wrong color is a little distracting. Another choice you might want to consider for that kind of effect is reflective safety tape. Because it reflects most of the light back in the direction of the light source, it's especially good for model photography situations where you can control the placement of the lights.

Anyway, it's a good effort, I hope to see more work from you in the future.

Ok if you take a look at pictures of an F-14 Or any other fighter you will notice that wing flaps do go upwards, when climbing. although its not alot, and yeah i prob did over do it. the Weathering affect is Soot and ash from an exploding pod that the Figher just flew through. I have seen many many Dirty Fighter planes in my time and let me tell you after a Raid on Bagdad in the first gulf war. some of thoes planes were DIRTY DIRTY. they were flying so many sorties that they never washed them. aslo Pannel lines, and no offence to Asian model makers are an Eastern Way of showing off model kits. Most Fighter planes show no detail of pannel lines. and the Lights of the wings are yellow. I have researched many hours of this kit before I made it. Thank you for your comments, everyone. I will admit I made a mistake on the Armor plate missles on the arms. I did FUBAR that up big time and I am working to correct it. Problem is I find that Many color schems are wrong. Yamato is BAD for color schems.

Thanks again for everyone with their comments.