Next Resin Project

robokochan

What do you want our next project to be?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want our next project to be?

• Regult 1/72
    • Glaug 1/72
    • Gun-Pod (Human Sized)
    • Zentradi Soldier 1/72
    • Nousjadeul Ger (TV) 1/72
    • Nousjadeul Ger (Movie) 1/72
    • VF-17 1/72
    • GPB-1 For Hase Kit
    • VF-9 Cutlass 1/72
    • Other

oOOHH! :o

I would definitely second Mechleader's suggestion of a seated Minmay for the back seat of the VT-1 (main reason I haven't started one) - preferably with Minmay's full head and pony tail with her holding her helmut.

Reading through the thread I think John's cost concern is very valid. As much as we all say "OHHHH I want that" in regards to all these kits...I suspect the number of people who can (or will) actually afford the kit drops as the price of the kit goes up. While I would love the Glaug, Pod, GBP, VF17, VF9, etc...it would seem that perhaps their rough price should be considered. I would hate to see Rob and John spend the time and money to sculpt the definitive anything only to have them only sell a few because it was too much money...so..whats the sweet spot...of all the kits listed what can you (or would you ) spend.

For me...$100 is the sweet spot....more then that and I think twice. Less then that and Ill buy two. ;) $200 is rough, but attainable for the right kit. $300 is almost out of reach. Here are rough numbers of what I would comfortably pay for the options listed. These are not what it would cost, but rather what I could affored or could rationalize. People listing what they would pay might help Rob and John balance the ties and the serious commitments on this poll. (hope Im not overstepping my bounds here)

Regult 1/72 - full kit $150 option parts $60

Glaug 1/72 - $175-$200

Gun-Pod (Human Sized) - $60 (and I dont know where I would put it! :) )

Zentradi Soldier 1/72 - $50

Nousjadeul Ger (TV) 1/72 - $100

Nousjadeul Ger (Movie) 1/72 $100

VF-17 1/72 - $150 to $175

GPB-1 For Hase Kit $125

VF-9 Cutlass 1/72 $150 - $175

Ok so here's my dreamlist of kits I'd love to have and am determined to get in my lifetime one way or another.

1/72 QF-9000 Ghost

1/72 heavy & light Regult missile attachements

1/72 Zentradi Scout pod

1/72 Macross support vehicles set

1/72 VAB-3 Invader

1/72 Glaug Booster

1/72 VF-1 Booster Launch vehicle

1/72 VF-1 GBP Armor Conversion

1/72 VF-1 Platypus conversion

1/72 VF-1 Stampede conversion

1/72 VF-11 Armour set

1/72 VF-0 Battroid

1/72 VF-0 Armoured Battroid

1/72 Destroid Cheyenne

1/72 Macross Space Shuttle

1/72 Macross Rabbit Shuttle

well for what its worth, and i voted other by the way, here is what id like to see.

1/72 SC-27 Stargoose w/ Misa Figure 1/12 maybe :p (BIIIG Misa Freak)

1/72 RC-4E Rabbit

id love to have a 1/72 Mom's Kitchen

1/72 QF-9iE

1/72 QF-2001

1/72 QF-3000e w/ Tanks

(Not sure what scale)

DYRL? ARMD Spacecraft Carrier

TV ARMD Carrier

Oberth Destroyer

Prometheus

Deadelus

Meltrandi ships!!! :o

I acknowledged the thread is 1/72 based but was thinking of John's post when I wrote my 1/48 conversion kit response. He makes valid points from a business perspective and I only wanted to see that the end results (more 1/72 kits made) through alternative means (1/48 kits for the Toy crowd which feels bigger, on MW anyways).

In reality, all the designs are feasible from a construction standpoint, it's just that there needs to be a balance between the amount of effort/time/materials that go into a particular kit, and the outright demand from the consumer base.
Edited by Neova

Hi Anthony. Point well taken, actually.

I think that 1/48 toy conversion parts would be extra kool. If enough people would want 1/48 Elint and Ostrich conversions, I could certainly do those, and for a fairly reasonnable price too, I think.

Just picture it: a super O or Elint 1/48 conversion kit that comes pre-pigmented in the proper plastic color; almost no painting to do. Just unscrew plastic part A, and replace with resin part B. :ph34r:

Well, I for one am going to try to support everything you guys do. The following is a list of things that I would definitely buy from you without question(So long as you don't go insane with the prices :p )

1/72

Regult

Glaug

VF17

Nausger

Thunder Hummer (I like Hummer better :p )

Zentraedi fighter

destroids (Any and all)

1/48

Elint and Super-O conversion parts

GBP (although I think Yamato making these is likely)

Thunder Hammer armor :)

Does anyone have pics of a VF-9 or can direct me to some?

They have pics of the VF-9 on MAHQ.

Personally, I've never liked the design. Whle the Fighter mode is ok looking, I've always thought the Battroid and Gerwalk look hideous.

Graham

Kinda remods me of the Legios from Genesis Climber Mospedea. Was this design from M7? From an earlier Macross series? Is it even an 'official' Kawamori design?

Sean

Was this design from M7?  From an earlier Macross series?  Is it even an 'official' Kawamori design?

Sean

it's from the Macross Dreamcast game called M3...as far as it being in M7, i really don't know

Yes, it's an official design from kawamori. The VF-9 appears only in the M3 Dreamcast game. It does not appear in any Macross anime so far.

The Macross Compendium has the following to say about the VF-9: -

The VF-9 project was the first assignment at General Galaxy for its chief project advisor Algus Selzer. Development began in 2018, and the first flight occured in 2021. The VF-9 was intended as a concept for an inexpensive twin-engined light fighter. However, due to input from UN-Forces-assigned test pilot Captain Milia Jenius, it displayed aerial combat manueverability higher than the VF-4, the main fighter at the time. As a result, General Galaxy received massive orders from colony planets with reduced budgets, and the VF-9 became its first bestseller. Mass production began in 2023 and ended in 2029.

Graham

Hi guys.

I've compiled a quick list of the projected prices for each model in the list, as well as giving an approximate size to the more ambiguous skus. The prices are all based on the (percieved) complexity of each sculpt, the amount of material needed to make it, as well as rough mold material costs and a few other things. Also, this would be for a projected run of about 50 piecs.

1/72 Regult: $180-190, @28-29cm tall. Free pose, cockpit detail

1/72 Glaug: $280-300, @35cm tall. Free pose, cockpit detail

human sized gun pod: $350, 60-65cm long. Non-firing, collapsible

1/72 Zentradi soldier $50-55, @ 12.5cm tall. Static pose, clear visor

Nousjadeul Ger TV/film versions: $180-190, 22-23cm tall. Opening cockpit hatch.

1/72 VF-17 $190-200

1/72 GBP-1 $110-120

1/72 VF-9 $215

--The term free pose indicated that the model may be built in the builder's desired pose, but is not poseable once complete.

--Fixed pose means that the model can only be built in the pose it was designed in.

Based on that I would endorse (in this order)

GBP

Regult

VF9

Wow, you really gonna spend $120 to add onto a $25 model?

As much as I like your stuff captain, personally I cant justify spending that much for the items you listed.

I hope you get enough interest tho, you've got some mad skills

Brad

Edited by flash

1/72 Regult: $180-190, @28-29cm tall. Free pose, cockpit detail

1/72 Glaug: $280-300, @35cm tall. Free pose, cockpit detail

1/72 Zentradi soldier $50-55, @ 12.5cm tall. Static pose, clear visor

Nousjadeul Ger TV/film versions: $180-190, 22-23cm tall. Opening cockpit hatch.

1/72 VF-17 $190-200

1/72 GBP-1 $110-120

1/72 VF-9 $215

Hello,

The prices sound very reasonable.

I wish that you could make all of theitems listed above, but perhaps if we're patient they will all become available.

Rob said that if the GBP is made, it will be the Thunder Hammers version. I presume that your estimate would remain the same.

And yes, I would gladly pay $120 for a "Thunder Hammers" kit, and then I would pay $25 for the Hasegawa battroid kit. ;)

I'm by no means rich, but I would get a lot of enjoyment out of having something like this to display, and you can't put a price tag on that.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Actually, the price quoted was for the GBP-1 (tv/film) armor, not the TH.

Looking at the complexity of the TH unit, the same scale kit could cost as much as $50-60 more. Though small, a lot of the parts in the shoulders & legs would be very small, thin, and very tough to cast ( more reject parts, lots of parts, longer production time per kit, etc.)

There's always a chance that I can end up doing it for cheaper, but I usually want to prepare clients for a worst-case scenario, and if by some magical twist of fate, it takes less time/effort/material than I planned for, I just re-adjust the price of the kit accordingly.

It's not really fair to compare the cost of a product with a higher run with a chance of being reissued to a kit that has a small run, created by people you somewhat have a direct communication with, so you can almost say you know them. If anything the heart that these people put into the booster and any upcoming product is shortchanged.

I'm not saying that there's no love given to the creation of the Hasegawas, but it's love that is backed by a much higher profit margin.

Edited by >EXO<

Yeah...honestly...I was not suprised by the prices...the question was...would I spend $120 for an add for for a $25 kit. The answer is an absolute yes. You see...there is no $25 quality add on GBP kit...and I dont know if I expect Hase to do one...so it's actually $120 for a kit no one else will have...not an unusual price for a garage kit....'especially when you consider the time and costs to do 50 kits....this isn't Club M...all of this is done by hand and none of the supplies are cheap.