Next Resin Project

robokochan

What do you want our next project to be?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want our next project to be?

• Regult 1/72
    • Glaug 1/72
    • Gun-Pod (Human Sized)
    • Zentradi Soldier 1/72
    • Nousjadeul Ger (TV) 1/72
    • Nousjadeul Ger (Movie) 1/72
    • VF-17 1/72
    • GPB-1 For Hase Kit
    • VF-9 Cutlass 1/72
    • Other

Christopher,

What the heck is "Thunder Hammer/Hummer" Armor?

Sean

Heh, noob :lol:

LOL! Okay, I admit it, I AM a Macross noob--I came here from the unmentionable HG world :p

Sean

ps - not that I've forsworn my RT alegiances...just don't publish them here for fear of getting run outta town on a rail.... :ph34r:

Christopher,

What the heck is "Thunder Hammer/Hummer" Armor?

Sean

check the magazine section. Model Graphix., October 2002

and my vote will be for the GBP but the Hummer will be great.

Thanks! Very cool set of armor.

Sean

I know it's far fetch,. but..

would you consider casting a Valkyrie II? By using a build Bandi 1/100 model?

What I mean is to cast a build product that can transform?

I know this is a tuff task to build the model then cast it,.. but I think it's worth it..

(as I dream).. :rolleyes:

Just a thought...

L,

I know it's far fetch,. but..

would you consider casting a Valkyrie II? By using a build Bandi 1/100 model?

What I mean is to cast a build product that can transform?

I know this is a tuff task to build the model then cast it,.. but I think it's worth it..

(as I dream).. :rolleyes:

Just a thought...

L,

The Bandai Valk II was a mediocre kit at best; too small and ill-proportionned... Built one over a decade ago. They can still be obtained for a cheaper price than it would be to make one in resin, so as far as I'm concerned, it's moot.

If anything, I would urge against tackling any sort of variable or semi-variable subjects for the time being, purely for cost reasons: Samurai Monkey models is a small firm that's just starting out, and the sculpting costs of variable models is very high, due to their complexity. That, coupled with the relatively small clientele(for now) wouldn't be all that profitable.

Also, whilst the GBP-1 is a terriffic subject, there's still a fair chance that Hasegawa might produce one in plastic for a much more competitive price than can be done in resin... Hence my preference for tackling subjects that don't really stand a prayer of being produced by any major firm.

A Rabbit shuttle!!!, with full cockpit! also an ARMD platform! please!

You want fries with that too?

you don't read so well, do ya boy??

*eyes the list*

.... I don't see any of that up there....

My vote was for "other", that's why they're not on the list you dumb ass, you're the one who don't read so well <_<

ok, the "dumbass" comment was entirely uncalled for... but I suppose noobness does that to some people. :ph34r:

Edited by Skull Leader

A Rabbit shuttle!!!, with full cockpit! also an ARMD platform! please!

You want fries with that too?

you don't read so well, do ya boy??

*eyes the list*

.... I don't see any of that up there....

My vote was for "other", that's why they're not on the list you dumb ass, you're the one who don't read so well <_<

ok, the "dumbass" comment was entirely uncalled for... but I suppose noobness does that to some people. :ph34r:

Maybe you're right, the "dumbass" thing was a bit far, but with your first comment I felt you were playing the smart guy, no offence though and I make an apology, however your first post was quite uncalled too, and by the way, noobness? I guess you're calling me a newbie ha? well, you can even check the old forums, I've been in these forum for a long time, the fact that I don't post comments everyday doesn,t make me a newbie, and if you mean that newbies are dumb well a little respect is always a welcome thing. Although I made a public apology on my post against your comment I still feel that you were playing the smart a.s on the first place, take a look aroun this tread, a lot of the other guys are asking for things not covered on the list. Just my 0.02 cents

Later ;)

Yes, with certain exceptions, variable valkyries make better toys, and beyond the scope of feasible creations that Rob is considering at this time.

A GBP-1 kit from Hasegawa is still possible, I will concede that, but not likely, because they have completely bypassed DYRL and TV Series kits to release Macross Zero. If they were going to do it, I would think we would have heard or seen something by now. As such it should not be written off, because of a slim possibility, which may never come to fruition.

If you're worried about a Hasegawa GBP-1, the Thunder Hammers is definitely viable and a better creation in my humble opinion.

For the record, it is Thunder Hammer, not Hummer. It was a poor translation.

If you look at the Katakana it says, phonetically:

"San-daa-ha-maa-su," which would roughly be:

Sunda hamas, which is engrish for:

thunder hammers

I am more inclined to go with the original katakana and commen sense then the mis-traslated text.

Although if they had wanted to use the word hummer, I guess they would have had to use the same characters...so take from that what you will.

oh yah, I voted for the DYRL Nous-Ger. I still want one in 1/144, but 1/72 would be pretty cool too I suppose. Leaps and bounds cooler than a Regult or Glaug (both of which are already available in what I imagine are comperable prices).

Edited by Phyrox

From what I can remember from the show, the Zend r as big as the valk and the armor is even bigger so a 1/72 resin would be enormous yes? the price would be too yes? I could be wrong but I estimated $200 - 350 for a reg and $350+ with detail cookpit no?

I would love a Nousjadeul Ger but I have a limited budget so... an idea for the price range for each of the choices pretty please ? ^_^

Heh, bad hobby to have a limited budget for.

yes it is :(

1st cars then jet then truck then prop then gundam then dougram then ideon then macross then mospeada then tanks then macross again then gundam again, then resin fig, then orguss then xabungle then dragonar then resin mech then resin mech conversion then back to jet and now macross....

It's been 15+ years ... Man! I need a new hobby :lol:

Btw, witch one is the one Misa was in, in the movie, when she was chasing minmay n ikaru. Was that one of the options? :unsure:

Wow it looks as though the Regult and The GPB armor are tied. I really wanted to put down the Thunder Hummers Armor but I hit enter before I could edit. So consider the GPB Armor the Thunder Hummers one. But also keep in mind that it will be one difficult item to make, thus running the price pretty high.

I personally lean towards the Regult. With the amount of detail John could put into it....man it would just be amazing.

I would also like to see a VF-17 done right (1/72 scale)...

Also it was my choice to put the Gun-Pod up there. I think it would be a very cool thing to have. :rolleyes:

Anyway my two cents worth.

Also to those who are arguing in this thread. If you would be so kind as to go back and edit your posts. Lets all be friends here. :) This is a thread about making what you guys want made. So let's keep on topic. :)

Rob MN

The Thunder Hammers GBP is a super-excellent design. The thing that bothers me is that if you look at the Model Graphix report on the build, you can tell from the pics that it's really a one-off, as many of the sub-assemblies are too complex and thin to mold/cast in resin properly.

My only suggestion to you all is choose your subject carefully. The Thunder Hammers armor may be physically small, but a resin model kit of it may wind up costing as much as a 1/72 Glaug, purely by virtue of the sheer engineering complexity and time it takes to produce it.

The Thunder Hammers GBP is a super-excellent design. The thing that bothers me is that if you look at the Model Graphix report on the build, you can tell from the pics that it's really a one-off, as many of the sub-assemblies are too complex and thin to mold/cast in resin properly.

My only suggestion to you all is choose your subject carefully. The Thunder Hammers armor may be physically small, but a resin model kit of it may wind up costing as much as a 1/72 Glaug, purely by virtue of the sheer engineering complexity and time it takes to produce it.

Yup, I second those thoughts! I started building one some time ago, but it has since been on the back burner. If you were at MW Con 3 you may have caught a glimpse of it there.

The reverse engineering & complex assembly takes quite a lot of time to decipher & construct. I started mine on a 1/55 scale, staying as true to the reference as possible, & made the necessary modifications where necessary, but keepng all the "opening" hatches functional. So far, I've only gotten this far. & now 1/55 interest had died down some... (sigh).

But enjoy what there is.

post-3-1095355861_thumb.jpg

Edited by xstoys

Hello Captian,

Who is the guy in your Avitar?

av-632.jpg

Just curious. Anyways if I could vote for ANYTHING, I'm sure EVERYONE here knows what it'd be for.

LEGIOSS

Heck most of the work is already done. ;)

Next would be the Tread of course. Yes... I know. I'll play nice and say the VF-9 Cutlass but it's a distant third compared to the two above.

Carl

I assume and pray to god that it will be you doing the sculpts. So you'd be the expert and the one we and Rob will rely on to tell us what is feasible and in the best interest of creating a model that will sell.

You're pretty scary lookin' in the pic :o

Edited by Grayson72

Quick question to Rob and /or John and whoever else might be involved in this particular project...if you do the Regult or Glaug, does it have to be resin? Wouldn't it be cheaper/easier to do a vacformed kit?

Just a thought.

Sean

You're pretty scary lookin' in the pic :o

I'm even scarier before I have my morning coffee.

I think that regardless of who does the sculpt for the next model, more or less the same issues of cost feasibility-->consumer value will be there. In reality, all the designs are feasible from a construction standpoint, it's just that there needs to be a balance between the amount of effort/time/materials that go into a particular kit, and the outright demand from the consumer base.

Something like the Glaug is a perfect example: it wouldn't be that hard to produce the definitive Glaug model in 1/72(basically because the two plastic model versions aren't that great) but it would still be very large and very expensive, and in such, it would probably be just as hard to find 50 or so people willing to shell-out $300 per kit. Basically, that's why we have the poll: to try to figure out what item people would want the most :)

Vac-forming: yes, I'd already contemplated using that for the main body of the booster launch vehicle. Good for some applications, I agree, but more of a headache in others, and definitely not good for load-bearing components, or parts with fine details/complex shapes.