I'm Close To Converting From Robotech

Guest Khyron_Prime

Guest Khyron_Prime

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I certainly have a story filled with dramatics, and of the past few days, it has led me here, a forum that I have known to exist for quite a while, yet never before visited in earnest interest. As my name may suggest, I have been a hardcore Robotech fan for a long time, and as a result, I have also done great deals of research into Macross and its various stories. However, a sudden and unexpected event recently occurred before my eyes, and to be honest, its quite frightening to my fandom.

Rewatching the final concert of Lynn-Minmay, something seemed to overcome me. Ever since I had seen the film "Do You Remember Love?", I have known exactly how beautiful that Macross can be, and in animation styles, Flashback 2012 is in the same wonder. "Simply beautiful," I said as I saw lovely Minmay, Hikaru, and my one true love, Misa Hayase...And it was like Maximillian Jenius seeing the beautiful face of a Meltrandi for the first time. Be it the specific time I viewed the video, the mood I was in, or whatever is travelling through the cosmos, I was totally blown away...and into a new conviction:

Macross, despite all of what I had ever said before, is superior to Robotech.

Seeing as how this is an exclusively-Macross forum, I hope that you will not hold my passing convictions regarding Robotech against me. Essentially, I consider myself to be here for 'reeducation'--to plainly unlearn the years after 2012 and rebuild them from the ground-up. Of course, as I had said, I have seen all of the Macross serieses (including owning the entire 7 Trash series), and enjoyed them very much. However, fandom is only completed when the little intricasies of the world are filled--the developments that make the world a 'living world', one that is dynamic and fully-fleshed. Indeed, I am quite excited at the possibilities!

So, with this in mind, I greet all of the people here at Macross World, hoping that I can be accepted as a brother in the wonders of the greatest animé legend ever created!

Sincerely yours,

Khyron_Prime

Seeing as how this is an exclusively-Macross forum, I hope that you will not hold my passing convictions regarding Robotech against me.

Nah, there's lots of converts here, myself included. Some are just further along their 12 steps than others. One or two are still in outright denial.

Guest Khyron_Prime
Nah, there's lots of converts here, myself included. Some are just further along their 12 steps than others. One or two are still in outright denial.

LOL. :) Well then, what would you say would be a good step-by-step process to go about? I've probably already cleared the first few steps, as I am not ignorant of Macross and won't go around saying "Why does the Zentraedi's creator have the same name as the Veritechs' fuel?"--ugh. Anyway, I'm happy to be in a place where there's straight-up, no-nonsense talk about Macross--perhaps it will serve me well to be immersed in this flow of fandom. :D

Yes, you certainly do have a story filled with dramatics. Mayhap too much. :blink:

You know... it's just an animated show, not a religion.

There's no conversion required... though circumcision might be necessary - I'll check the by-laws. :p

Macross & Robotech, we've all seen both and many of us were raised on RT. It's cool if you like both, either, or one a little more than the other.

I wouldn't worry to much about "having your fandom in crisis"... just enjoy what comes naturally and welcome to the boards.

Hell, you got the names right, that's huge for a "convert". ;)

Oh the melodrama . :lol:

Welcome to Macross and Macrossworld. We can be scarier than Trekkies, but do not worry. You will be assimilated...ummm....micloned..umm...whatever.

If he is really converted he must burn his robotech stuff, clean himself of his sin life of robotech and change his name into Kamujin_Prime in a ritual involving some animal sacrifices.

for the people that take it to serious...

:lol:

Welcome to MW!

I, too, am a convert.

I first saw RT on Cartoon Network all those years ago (never liked the other season, only liked Macross Saga! XD), and stayed loving it for a long time after it got cancelled and finally by the grace of God I found MacrossWorld!

I still slip up and call Valkryies "Verytecks" every so often...but when I do, I promptly bite my tongue until it bleeds, and eat a big pretzel.

Guest Khyron_Prime
This begs the question....

Has he watched Macross Plus yet?

Of course, as I had said, I have seen all of the Macross serieses (including owning the entire 7 Trash series), and enjoyed them very much.

Yes, I have seen Macross Plus, and even if I'm in the minority here, I'm not ashamed to say that I truly believe that Macross Plus is the greatest OVA series ever created.--You're talking about dramatics? Macross Plus is dramatics in the best way--with Valkyries! :D

...As for "Kamjin_Prime," I've actually considered that. However, I don't think that an identity change is necessary in order to change my fandom! :angry: J/K. But with that in mind, know that I'm very happy to see this reception for my entrance!

Thank you! Its great to be here!

Hey man!!! I just 'crossed over' myself....i think. I havent actaully seen any Macross stuff yet, but I have seen some Robotech. Im not a purist whack job either, and think both are cool. word from a noob with the same experience....skip the 1/60s you'll kill yourself over all the stupid @#$%#^#$#%##@##!!!! diecast.

Robotech 2004? Don't fool yourself, there will be no robotech 2004, 2005, or 2006. It's all a scam.They've been making robotech 200X since '99, it doesn't take 4+ years to make an animated series, hell, it barely takes 1.

Yo Kyron!

....hehe your not the only convert in here :) I too was the Robotech fan and then i found Macrossworld :D

I used to wonder for a great many years, why no one ever continued "Robotech" Why did it just stop? And like you, i loved the Macross Saga more then anything else in Robotech. Suddenly when i entered Macrossworld, that Macross didnt stop...its been going on ever since :p i was just fooled by HG.

You have done well my young Padawan B)) ...welcome to Macrossworld.

-Jin

Guest Khyron_Prime
What is this.....Robotech-fanboy anoynomous??? :lol:

Notwithstanding the slightly-humourous nature of the replies in the eyes of hardcore Macross fans, I must say that its good to know that I'm not the only one who comes from a hardcore-Robotech background. Now, however, its kinda time to unlearn some of the stuff...Alas, a different timeline is difficult to envision, despite my previous knowledge of Macross.

Anyway, can any of you reccomend a good place to read-up on Macross stuff?--Not so much mecha, but more the stories that come-along with the advancements in the human-and-alien galaxy. Blatantly said, I'm looking for a place to be immersed in stories of Macross, and, as I say this, I think that perhaps a good fanfic site would be an excellent place to go. Can any of you reccomend any sites of that nature?--It would be much-appreciated!

Thank you!

Khyron_Prime

dude,i think if you buy a copy of the macross gold book,you'll get alot of what your looking for into macross story research.it's pretty much the standard for anything you want to see written about macross.also,the macross compendium,it's a site,but the addy escapes me at this time,do a search in the forums & you should run across it.i think you'll find alot of the stories here are similar.i loved robotech up till macross plus got released in '94.that's when i got turned on to the real core story of this anime masterpiece.it just adds grity,more mature depth that robotech couldn't begin to touch.ready to leave robotech as a fond childhood memory? watch "macross-do you remember love?" the movie & watch the definative vision.valks are dirty,badass pieces of over-technology,not those clean cut veritechs from robo.nothing cooler than seeing a valk w/ dirt & booster scorings on it to add real world feel to them.maximilllian genius takes on much cooler badass points when you see him fight hand-to-hand in the opening sequence of dyrl?.gu-11 still mounted on his arm & flips it around & paints that zentran's helmet w/ his own flesh.ruthless man,max ain't to be triffled w/,even if you are 40-ft tall :ph34r:

I didnt know of Macross untill I saw Robotech, I loved the series with Minmay, Rick,Lisa and so on. I didnt like the other 2 parts of Robotech so I just stuck to watching the Macross Sage. Out of curiosity I typed Macross on the internet and learned that there is continuation and followed by watching Macross Plus in 1995 and reading fan based websites on explaining the differences of Macross and Robotech. Last but not least I read Egan Loo's Macross Compendium timeline about 5 times before I was set and converted to Macross. Personaly I am fond of things in their original form and whatever I see in the Americas that is english, I go looking for its original format wether if its in Japanese or French, German, Chinese, etc. Welcome to the Forums and prepare yourself for a journey, there is sooo much to learn, so many characters to remember such as Isamu Dyson, Nekki Basara, Shin Kudo, Gamlin Kizake. You can try to look at the iMacross servers, that is how I got my hands on some Macross games and Macross 7 episodes. Just for referance I am going to name you the series in timeline order

Macross Zero

Super Dimension Fortress: Macross

Macross 2012

Macross DYRL

Macross Plus

Macross 7

Oh before I forget, you should check out Jesters UN Spacy Database for the RPG for Valkyries, and Nanashis(sorry for the mispelling) website for warships information. Once again welcome aboard and a little friendly advice, memorize the correct japanese names of the Macross series and forget the word veritech. Some Macross fans here are sensitive heh :D

No you are not the only one that likes Robotech and Macross, as you can tell from other posted messages.

I equally like both Macross and Robotech and equally collect both line of toys and DVD and books, etc..

One could not have survived without the other in the US. Majority of people in the US recognize Macross initially, because they watch Robotech when they were young. Then visiting Macross site or other anime sites, they realize that RT was chop-off version of Macross made for US kids. Then again Macross would not have recognition to many in the US, without Robotech.

Anyways, just make sure that you post Robotech stuff on other anime section, not around Macross area. It is fair to mods, since they want to distinguish between Macross and Robotech, hence the site is named Macross World.

There are times, when you will see someone posting some non sense about Robotech on the board, just let that go.

Most of those are posted by fairly new members or someone wanting to get notice by other members on how much they prefer Macross over Robotech and do not know better way to express other than to post nonsense or something that is irrational.

Enjoying the original Macross more than Robotech is not a matter of "re-education" or "switching sides" in some silly fanboy war. All it means is you prefer the story and animation of Macross in the original format, as intended by the creators.

Think of it as Widescreen film vs. Fullscreen film. You just prefer the widescreen because it's the superior format and the way it was always intended to be seen by the director.

Welcome to MacrossWorld and enjoy your stay as either a Macross fan or Robotech fan.

*raises glass*

Kamjin_Prime(Khyron_Prime) made up my mind that I should join. Started with Robotech but found Macross Plus and never looked back. I've been a lurker for some time, but thanks to all of you fine people I got the Animiego set and DYRL as well as Flashback 2012.

The jury is still out if I'm going to see M7 or not, but looking forward to MZero.

Kamjin_Prime(Khyron_Prime) made up my mind that I should join. Started with Robotech but found Macross Plus and never looked back. I've been a lurker for some time, but thanks to all of you fine people I got the Animiego set and DYRL as well as Flashback 2012.

The jury is still out if I'm going to see M7 or not, but looking forward to MZero.

Very similar situation here... after hearing about macross, checking out MW a bit, saw Plus. And that was that. My rt junk has been thrown into a pile, never to be seen again. I guess I really should sell it off to some rt guy who still hasn't converted or something...

Anyway, nice to see new faces all the time. You've finally seen the light!

Thanks for the welcome. I'm wondering what to do with my RT DVD's as well, right now they're on the shelf next to my Macross stuff, but that seems somewhat sacreligious.

I'm still kind of mad at Harmony Gold for duping me into buying these lies on disc and I'm still trying to get Tony Olivers voice out of my head when watching the real stuff. Still not as tough as getting my friends to stop saying Veritech, which at this point grates on me like nails on a chalkboard.

OH MY GOD!....you MUST see Macross Zero ASAP!!! If your missing some of the best combat/Dogtfighting scenes ever, in the same caliber as SDF-1 Macross and Macross Plus.

So if you got the cash to burn...then get it now.

Just my two cents.

-Jin

Mac Zero is at the top of my anime to buy list. Are the HK boots any good, as in how is the subbing?