Coming Soon

Myersjessee

Well....I debated as to whether or not to post this...and hopefully I don't get slammed, hated, banned, or in any other way tied to offending, upsetting, or hurting Macross World members.

Thing is...I love Macross Plus. I think I love it more then DYRL. It's not the story...its the flight sequences, its the mecha. So...years ago when I saw Carl's 1/48 YF19 and YF21 I was mighty jealous....mighty. I have only seen them for sale (to my memory) twice. Noel had a pair a year or so ago for arounf $500 (I think) and there is a pair on Yahoo Japan right now for the same.

LINK1

LINK2

I can't do it...I would love to...but I can't spend $1000 on two models. I thought about buying the recasts...but even they are $150 to $250...depending on where you go...and they don't come with decals, and have resin landing gear ...and this kit is just to big and heavy for resin gear.

So..to the announcement...thanks to the generosity of Grayson72 and VF1SAlpha I obtained both kits (on loan) Then, I enlisted the help of MSLZ22 on the casting of the kits and Anasazi on decal making. The end results are coming soon (hopefully in a little less then two weeks! ) The kits will have stronger landing gear that can hold the weight. Additionally, the sparse decals provided with the originals will be upgraded and updated by Devin )Anasazi ) when he returns (he is away) to meet current Hasegawa standards (or come close) and include new options for the 19 and 21 like the ones included in Decal Option set 2. While I can't be sure the plan is to make enough kits to provide kits to the "doners" as well as MSLZ22 and I. I plan (expect) to have a few extras as well that we would like to sell at a cheap price point if anyone is interested.

Anyways...coming soon.....

cm6.jpg

cm_48yf21vsyamatoyf21comp.jpg

Very good news indeed.. One thing I want to ask though..would it be at all possible to fix up the nose cone on the YF-19 a little? the sculpt of that kit never looked quite right. If not, that's okay.. it can be sanded to shape. :)

I was not aware of the problem. Can you be more specific? Ill take a look at the kit vs the line art but just for discussion sake whats wrong about it?

hmm, interesting. I will like to see how much it might end up costing, cuz 1/48 will look very pretty indeed..... :)

very interesting indeed....

Very good news indeed.. One thing I want to ask though..would it be at all possible to fix up the nose cone on the YF-19 a little? the sculpt of that kit never looked quite right. If not, that's okay.. it can be sanded to shape. :)

How 'bout you buy one and fix it how you'd like it to look?

I'd be interested in a 19.... DEPENDING on the final price/cost... a 1/48 model probably isn't gonna be cheap.

yet we will be making them as cheaply as we can. Grayson, VF1SAlpha, MSLZ22 and I all are into the idea of sharing this...we all love the planes and want people to be able to have them....it won't be free...but we will make them as cheaply as we can...cheaper then the E2046 was for sure...cheaper then a Yammie 1/48 yes...

I don't really know how far off the nose is, it's very hard to tell from the few pictures I've seen of the kit. But from the one forward shot I found, the nose looked too flat, and the black front part of the canopy was almost half the length of the nose cone.. just looked kinda weird. I could be wrong though, I've probably been spoiled by the Hasegawa kit.;) It's probably not a terrible problem, but it didn't look very accurate to the lineart for the YF-19. But you're right, it wouldn't be hard to fix myself if I buy one. (and I REALLY hope I have the funds to do it :))

Edit: Here's the picture, the nose just looks really duck-bill like, and that canopy extension is really long.. not at all like the rounded nose in the Anime. Now, I haven't seen the actual kit, it's possible that the modeler fouled this one up, and tried to cover it up. The bottom of the nose looks fine, the top just doesn't look like it matches any of the YF-19 side profiles I've ever seen.

1/48 YF-19 (I kind of wonder if the modeler ever realized he put the feet in upside down... :blink: )

Edited by Chronocidal

This should come as no suprise...I'll take both, no matter the final price! :) And believe it or not, these two I *will* build along with the Konig re-cast! Modeling goodness! Many thanks to Jesse, Mike, Grayson, VF-1SAlpha, Devin, and all the others who helped get this project rolling! :)

This should come as no suprise...I'll take both, no matter the final price! :) And believe it or not, these two I *will* build along with the Konig re-cast! Modeling goodness! Many thanks to Jesse, Mike, Grayson, VF-1SAlpha, Devin, and all the others who helped get this project rolling! :)

You need to share pics of your built models, I wanna see.

This should come as no suprise...I'll take both, no matter the final price!  :) And believe it or not, these two I *will* build along with the Konig re-cast!  Modeling goodness!  Many thanks to Jesse, Mike, Grayson, VF-1SAlpha, Devin, and all the others who helped get this project rolling! :)

I remember hearing that you would never offer any of your models to anyone to have them recasted...how people change for the better..... ;)

know thy friends...

This should come as no suprise...I'll take both, no matter the final price!  :) And believe it or not, these two I *will* build along with the Konig re-cast!  Modeling goodness!  Many thanks to Jesse, Mike, Grayson, VF-1SAlpha, Devin, and all the others who helped get this project rolling! :)

HERE HERE! Im planning on finishing up a couple kits as soon as this project and one more recast one finish up....not sure what yet...but Ill share pictures for sure.

I remember hearing that you would never offer any of your models to anyone to have them recasted...how people change for the better..... ;)

know thy friends...

Me? no share and share alike, well as long as there's something in it for me anyway ;)