Coming Soon

Myersjessee

....and finally

yf197.jpg

Youll notice the landing gear looks like resin..it is..but there is a wire embedded in it to help hold the kits weight. This kit is also pretty heavy...lot of solid large resin parts...not as bad as the 21...but big.

Anyways...I think I have decided to build mine in flight blasting past my 1-48 VF1 display....all in all it's a perty bird!!!

Hope you enjoy!

;)

OMG! I don't venture into the models forum that often and this time I get a treat. Both of those are truly beautiful. When you guys want something bad enough you all sure go for it.

I would love to be added to the list of interested parties for a YF19. That thing will look great next to a 1/48.

man its times like this that I wish I was good at building and painting (mostly Painting) models. *wonders how much someone would charge to build up one of these kits for him*

1 million doooollars!!!

JK - I have absolutely no idea.

I'm no expert builder, and do all my painting by hand. :ph34r:

OK, after seeing both next to a 1/48 VF-1, it really puts things in perspective.

However, after reading all the hype etc over the supposed MASSIVE size difference between the two, I did a lil' searchin', and neither the YF-19 or the YF-21 are any larger than a modern day F-14.

Specs...F-14D

Length 61 feet, 9 inches (18.6 meters)

Height 16 feet (4.8 meters)

Wing span extended (68 degrees) 64 feet, 2 inches (19.5 m)

Wing span swept (20 degrees) 38 feet, 3 inches (11.7 m)

Specs...YF-19

Length overall: 61 feet, 9 inches (18.62 meters)

Height overall: 13 feet (3.94 meters)

Wing span: 48 feet, 8 inches (14.89 meters)

Specs...YF-21

Length overall: 64 feet, 4 inches (19.62 meters)

Height overall: 13 feet, 4 inches (4.04 meters)

Wing span: 50 feet, 4 inches (15.36 meters)

So yeah, they're big, but it's not like we're comparing an F-18 to a freaking A-330 Jetliner here.

(Mechamaniac.....waiting for Hintgen to come along, and piss all over my F-14 specs :lol: )

Edited by Mechamaniac

OK, after seeing both next to a 1/48 VF-1, it really puts things in perspective.

However, after reading all the hype etc over the supposed MASSIVE size difference between the two, I did a lil' searchin', and neither the YF-19 or the YF-21 are any larger than a modern day F-14.

Specs...F-14D

Length 61 feet, 9 inches (18.6 meters)

Height 16 feet (4.8 meters)

Wing span extended (68 degrees) 64 feet, 2 inches (19.5 m)

Wing span swept (20 degrees) 38 feet, 3 inches (11.7 m)

Specs...YF-19

Length overall: 61 feet, 9 inches (18.62 meters)

Height overall: 13 feet (3.94 meters)

Wing span: 48 feet, 8 inches (14.89 meters)

Specs...YF-21

Length overall: 64 feet, 4 inches (19.62 meters)

Height overall: 13 feet, 4 inches (4.04 meters)

Wing span: 50 feet, 4 inches (15.36 meters)

So yeah, they're big, but it's not like we're comparing an F-18 to a freaking A-330 Jetliner here.

Fans always seem to forget the VF-1 is a small bird.

I think I'll have mine in flight. Partially because I suck at painting landing gear and gear bays. But what do these babies weigh? A chunk of resin of that size has got to be quite heavy. What kind of stand would be appropriate? I'm thinking they'd be better suited to a more professional stand, like what's seen on large desk-display models, as opposed to the clear acrylic stands that MWers have been using for their valks.

Also.....it was mentioned that extras might be available....when will we get to know what those are? Can we only dream of FPs and underwing pylons?...... :D

I really need to find a job.........

Are they done yet? Are they done yet?

hehehe, just wanted to keep the thread alive, I know I can't wait for my kits to arrive...

:)

Yea!

Hey Myersjessee, are they done yet? I know you had a three day weekend to do nothing, so I'm sure you spent every waking moment working on the kits, so where are they????

Just kidding dude, keep us posted!

Brad

Man oh man...what I intended to do this weekend...and what I did...well...two very different things. Sorry for the delays...but the first kits will ship tomorrow...more to follow soon. Im gone for a week starting Satruday but Im casting early and late each day before I leave and as soon as I get back so we will start cranking through these. I should start contacting more people soon.

Also, we will be getting Anasazi the source materials he needs to work on the decals very soon.

Jess,

Awesome kit bro! Can't wait to get my hands on both of them.. These are great times in MW. We should all rejoice and thank those willing to take time off their busy lives to make us big kids happy!!! You guys are GREAT!!!

Gene

p.s I'm still waiting for my PM on where to send the money :p

Got my kits today.

HOLY CRAP!

THE YF-21 is MASSIVE!!!!

I am so in over my head. :blink:

Thanks MSLZ22 and MYERSJESSE, you d00dz ROCK!

Cool, if you need any help please PM me, I will be happy to help.......Jesse is on Vacation for a week then it's back to getting these out :D:D

I don't think he deserves a vacation but he disagrees :lol:

Got my kits today.

HOLY CRAP!

THE YF-21 is MASSIVE!!!!

I am so in over my head. :blink:

Yeah yeah, rub it in, you got a copy of my YF-19 and I don't have any of them yet. <_<

Got my kits today.

HOLY CRAP!

THE YF-21 is MASSIVE!!!!

I am so in over my head.  :blink:

Yeah yeah, rub it in, you got a copy of my YF-19 and I don't have any of them yet. <_<

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I haven't even started to prep the 19 yet.... :rolleyes:

I thought the 21 would be the more complicated of the two, but after getting them, I know I was wrong!.

OK guys, here's a minor update on the kits I got Friday.....

So far, I have spent about 16 hours on the YF-21. I have come pretty far, but not as far as I would like to have... :lol:

The kit looks GREAT!, and is very clean especially for a recast. However, it does need a little cleanup. So far, I have glued the engine halves together, and glued the nosecone section to the top of the fuselage.

I spent most of my time so far removing extra flash, sanding, and re-etching the panel lines to make them cleaner and deeper. Again, the cast on the 21 is superb, but it's gonna need primer, and some coats of paint, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to enhance them a bit.

Here's a pic so far of the body section with the nosecone attached....

Im000833z.jpg

I haven't snapped pics yet of the wings, and the engine halves and the rest of the parts that I have cleaned up as well, just thought I would show you guys how awesome this kit is!.

As to the 19, this is the furthest I have gotten.... :rolleyes:

Just playing around, and seeing if the 1/48 pilot would fit, and he does!.

Im000832z.jpg

I'll keep you guys posted as I finish more....should I start a new thread?

OK, since you guys are interested in updates...

Here's the almost ready to paint parts....

IM000835.JPG

I have to admit that my skills really only extend as far as prepping, and trust me, I have put probably 24 hours into just prepping this baby!.

I don't think I will assemble too many more of the sub assemblies, though I may go ahead and put on the bottom of the fuselage.

Some of the pieces are still in the stage of being puttied to cover small airholes etc, but I should be done with it in a couple of days.

I am doing mine gear up, so I have puttied in the rear landing gear bays, but I will leave the front bay open, I kind of like the way it looks, and it will work well for the front peg of my tri-legged stand.

I'm also doing mine with closed cockpit. This one doesnt seem to have the detail that the YF-19 cockpit does, so I will just have it permanently closed.

Anyway, when I'm done, it's going of to MSLZ22 since I really liked the two tone paint job he did, and I lack almost all but the basic painting skills.

Thanks for the interest.

I'll try to add some photos as well, I started on the 19, not realizing that it's tougher than the 21. Always gotta do things the hard way....

:)

For those of you thinking about it, this is a hell of a kit at a hell of a price, you should get a couple!

Brad