Official Wish List

Less than Super Ostrich

As part of an inquiry that will be passed on to several model manufacturers(see this thread), please provide your top three kits that you would like to see made for mass production. Please consider your request in terms of what would be realistic in both size, popular acceptance, and COST (most important). In other words, don't ask for a 1/32 Monster kit... it just won't happen, because the size of the kit would make the cost in excess of $3,000. Think of a kit you would definitely purchase if it were made and was reasonably priced.

I will update this section of the thread with a running count of what people want.

Vote

(Count).....MODEL and SCALE

(12)...........Valkyrie Booster (fits VF-1 Hasegawa kits) (1/72)

(10).............VF-5000 (1/72)

(9).............VF-11 (1/72)

(6).............VB-6 Konig Monster Gerwalk (1/100)

(6).............VF-1 GBP Armor Conversion (1/72)

(5).............VF-4 (1/72)

(5).............Fan Racer (1/48)

(5).............Launch Arm with portion of launch bay (1/72)

(5).............QF-9000 Ghost (1/72)

(5).............VF-2SS (1/72)

(4).............Cat's Eye (1/72)

(4).............Battle Pod Glaug (1/60)

(3).............VF-1 Thunder Hammer Armor Conversion (1/72)

(3).............YF-19A Battroid (1/72)

(2).............VF-14 (1/72)

(2).............VF-1X (1/48)

(2).............VT-1 Super Ostrich (1/48)

(2).............Queadluun Rau (1/72)

(2).............VF-5000 Battroid (1/72)

(2).............VF-1X Battroid (1/48)

(2).............Fz-109F (1/72)

(2).............VF-3000 (1/72)

(1).............VF-9 (1/72)

(1).............VB-6 Konig Monster Gerwalk (1/72)

(1).............VB-6 Konig Monster Battroid (1/100)

(1).............Glaug Regult (1/60)

(1).............Neo Glaug (1/72)

(1).............Glaug Booster (1/72)

(1).............VF-17 (1/72)

(1).............VF-1 Stampede Armor Conversion (1/72)

(1).............Dragon II (1/72)

(1).............VF-19 with Booster Packs (1/72)

(1).............VF-19S (1/72)

(1).............VF-4 Battroid (1/100)

(1).............VF-2J (1/72)

(1).............VF-17 (1/72)

(1).............VF-3000 Battroid (1/72)

(1).............Zentreidi Warrior (1/72)

(1).............VF-? Platypus (1/48)... Not sure if this is a REAL option, but oh well.

PLEASE PROVIDE ONLY YOUR TOP THREE OPTIONS

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

Good Thread!

1. 1/72 Valkyrie Booster with launch vechicle (to fit Hasegawa)

2. 1/72 Launch Arm with portion of launch bay (more accurate than available)

- although we may get that soon from Valkyrie... :p

3. 1/72 VF-4 / VF-X (by Hasegawa)

4. 1/72 VF-11 (by Hasegawa)

Hasegawa VF-4 and VF-11 in 1/72 scale. I think it would be cool to have a display of all of the primary VFs of the UN Spacy starting with the VF-1 and progressing through to the VF-19.

Yes, its excellent, I may breakdown and buy one. I just know that if I do, Hasegawa will put a kit out :p (that happened before with my YF-19 and YF-21).

I just find the porportions a bit odd with the Club-M kit (no crit on Valkyrie's excellent job) the nose seems a bit thin and long (needle like) and the engine pods seemed a bit thick. It would be nice it the porportions and engraved details were more aircraft like - Hasegawa had done an amazing job of making the anime realistic!

1. 1/100 Macross Factory Kit (The revell one, with the robots, I know it was robotech, but take the macross one, and add the destroids)

2. 1/60 Battle Pod (Glaug)

3. 1/60 Regault

ooh, good thread.... hard to choose a top three though....

1) 1/72 VF-17

2) 1/72 VF-5000

3) 1/72 Stampede Valkyrie (a Hase conversion kit, perhaps?)

I'd also like to see kits of more Macross ships (besides the Macross itself). Like an ARMD or Battle 7, maybe.

is it just me or do people not understand what the word three means?

just kidding, y'all. but please... keep it to your top three wish list

If you see something you like better, please let me know and I will change your vote.

LOL... that's why you have to make it a poll... :lol:

Edit: Sorry. I'm wrong. A poll would only vote for the most popular, not the top 3 for each person. nm... :rolleyes:

Edited by >EXO<

1 - VF-22s (based on this awe inspiring kit)

2 - VF-5000 (1/55 would be a good size. remember that the 5000 is smaller than the vf-1)

3 - VF-19s w/FAST Packs (like this kit, but in 1/72)

4 - Queadlunn Rau (in 1/72, pretty much like the Club-M kit)

5 - VF-19 kai (in 1/100 with the sound...booster...backpack...thingy)

Of course I would want all of the VFs to be as close to the animated versions as possible WITH perfect transformations

I suck at modeling but I would still definetively buy a VF-5000 kit so put another vote on that beauty for me.

second vote goes to the VF-14 then the VF-19S and fourth the Neo-Glaug.

i.e.

1.-VF-5000 (1/72 or bigger)

2.- VF-14 (Max or Millia´s variant)

3.- VF-19S

4.- Neo-Glaug

Mecha

- 1/48 or larger Battroid only VF 1x w/strike packs. Like the Hasegawa battroid 1/72 kits.

- Perfect Grade 1/32 Bandai transformable VF 1x that would have all the heads and options for VE 1, VT 1 and VF 1D. Like the numerous 1/60 PG gundam Kits by Bandai.

- 1/32 VF 1X Fighter only, w/strike packs.

I know these are expensive options but the only ones I would comsider my dream kits.

Non Mecha

- 1/6 scale resin kits of the main characters like the C&M trading figures.

QF-3000E Ghost, 1/72 or 1/48.

I recall MN saying something about possibly doing one before, but nothing seems to have come of it...

I know I have said alot about up-coming resin kits. Alot of stuff has happened. Illnesses and accidents that have happened over the past year. :( Also trying to get the 1/100 Fighter Pod Licenced by Big West...which BTW I was successful in doing! B))B))

But I can say that we have started the QF-3000E Ghost 1/72. Release is un-determined...definately after WF. It is coming...and reasonably priced as well.

Anyway back on topic.

1. 1/72 Booster - The large One. Preferably Hollow

2. 1/72 Playtapus

3. 1/72 VF-2SS

Rob MN

QF-3000E Ghost, 1/72 or 1/48.

I recall MN saying something about possibly doing one before, but nothing seems to have come of it...

I know I have said alot about up-coming resin kits. Alot of stuff has happened. Illnesses and accidents that have happened over the past year. :( Also trying to get the 1/100 Fighter Pod Licenced by Big West...which BTW I was successful in doing! B))B))

But I can say that we have started the QF-3000E Ghost 1/72. Release is un-determined...definately after WF. It is coming...and reasonably priced as well.

Anyway back on topic.

1. 1/72 Booster - The large One. Preferably Hollow

2. 1/72 Playtapus

3. 1/72 VF-2SS

Rob MN

Saweet! I'll take one!

1. 1/72 Hasegawa Armored Valkyrie Conversion Addon kit with optional pieces to build VF-1x DYRL Armored Valkyries, Stampede Gerwalks and Thunder Hammers. This would be an ADDON for the Battroids/Fighters just like the weapons kit for the Valkyrie fighters.

2. 1/72 Hasegawa VFX/2 Full Transforming Valkyrie Conversion LINE with all optional parts per kit! I want the VF-4, VF-1x, VF-11C (armored), VF-22S with boosters, VF-19a/s/kai with boosters, VF-17 S/D, Variable Destroid (spartan, defender, phalanx, tomahawk and VARIABLE MONSTER) and etc... Each kit will come in respective MAX'ed out packages (eg armored, boosters, multiple heads, etc...) and have Yamato 1/48 Class or better transformations. Optional Etch kit and decal kits can be sold afterwards to build DYRL, TV, M+, M:7 versions.

3. 1/72 Hasegawa Macross VFX/2 Enemy Conversion Mecha line with all full addon parts in each package. Eg. Regults can be built as scout, small and large missile carriers or regular unit. The full boxed kit should be able to build all versions of the same mech across the full Macross timeline. Mecha line should include every enemy from DYRL up to VFX/2 (which has a variation of most of them cept for the M+ Ghost. Q-Rau, Nousjadeul-Ger, Glaug, etc...

Variable means transforming and I would like at minimum current Hasegawa class quality. Ideally, it would be a mix of Hasegawa detail and quality with Bandai's PG class of parts and option.

Folks who want to build stripped basic variations could sell off the rest of the "stuff" to people who want them. I hate buying 2 kits to build a VF-1J Strike Battroid for example when all I need is the head in that box. And why isn't there an extra booster so I convert that to a super VF-1J? That’s like a 75USD investment in 3 kits already. Just sell the kits for 30 USD a pop with everything I need to save us time and money.

And no more Limited Edition stuff to drive the price up unless it is really special like the metal flaked ones. Most model guys will paint over the clear, white, grey, red plastic anyways!

I checked out VFX/2 and it pretty much has all of the Valkyries in them except for the VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1s I think. I want everything and couldn't decide so I chose 3 product lines for the respective model manufacturers. I would be glad to help and work on anyone's marketing launch strategy to see this happen.

Edited by Neova

1. 1/72 Hasegawa Armored Valkyrie Conversion Addon kit with optional pieces to build VF-1x DYRL Armored Valkyries, Stampede Gerwalks and Thunder Hammers. This would be an ADDON for the Battroids/Fighters just like the weapons kit for the Valkyrie fighters.

2. 1/72 Hasegawa VFX/2 Full Transforming Valkyrie Conversion LINE with all optional parts per kit! I want the VF-4, VF-1x, VF-11C (armored), VF-22S with boosters, VF-19a/s/kai with boosters, VF-17 S/D, Variable Destroid (spartan, defender, phalanx, tomahawk and VARIABLE MONSTER) and etc... Each kit will come in respective MAX'ed out packages (eg armored, boosters, multiple heads, etc...) and have Yamato 1/48 Class or better transformations. Optional Etch kit and decal kits can be sold afterwards to build DYRL, TV, M+, M:7 versions.

3. 1/72 Hasegawa Macross VFX/2 Enemy Conversion Mecha line with all full addon parts in each package. Eg. Regults can be built as scout, small and large missile carriers or regular unit. The full boxed kit should be able to build all versions of the same mech across the full Macross timeline. Mecha line should include every enemy from DYRL up to VFX/2 (which has a variation of most of them cept for the M+ Ghost. Q-Rau, Nousjadeul-Ger, Glaug, etc...

Variable means transforming and I would like at minimum current Hasegawa class quality. Ideally, it would be a mix of Hasegawa detail and quality with Bandai's PG class of parts and option.

Folks who want to build stripped basic variations could sell off the rest of the "stuff" to people who want them. I hate buying 2 kits to build a VF-1J Strike Battroid for example when all I need is the head in that box. And why isn't there an extra booster so I convert that to a super VF-1J? That’s like a 75USD investment in 3 kits already. Just sell the kits for 30 USD a pop with everything I need to save us time and money.

And no more Limited Edition stuff to drive the price up unless it is really special like the metal flaked ones. Most model guys will paint over the clear, white, grey, red plastic anyways!

I checked out VFX/2 and it pretty much has all of the Valkyries in them except for the VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1s I think. I want everything and couldn't decide so I chose 3 product lines for the respective model manufacturers. I would be glad to help and work on anyone's marketing launch strategy to see this happen.

Not to criticize your great ideas, but lets keep this thing really simple/realistic. How am I going to put your ideas on the list? What we are trying to accomplish here is much more basic. This list would go to some resin casters, not to Bandai or Hasegawa. While I would like to think Bandai or Hasegawa would like to know this, they are going to take their cues from the home market (ie. Japan) rather than us jokers.

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich