Official Wish List

Less than Super Ostrich

I don't understand why people keeps on asking about stuff that can become already available ?

- 1/72 VF-4 (from club M)?

Valkyrie has it and might be able to produce more..His price won't be beat by any other company...

-Queadlunn-Rau? (from club-M)?

I can make it available the molds are still holding for several copies, if there's interest, it will be at the same price that has been availabe before...

-VF-11 (from club-M)?

ask Valkyrie, I might make mine available so you can all get a copy. You know that the cost would be a fair price.

I am already building my cat's eyes so I can't help there...I wish I would have thought of it before...even the pices are just a few but a lot of resin and the casting is a bit complex to reproduce...

1. VF-5000 (1/72)

2. VF-3000 (please?)

3. Valkyrie Booster (1/72)

I'd buy all of them... soon as I get some cash, Valkyrie will be hearing from me about VF-4 kits....

Edited cause I'm an idiot...

Edited by gnollman

I actually considered scratchbuilding the VF-1's atmospheric escape booster at one point. But the problem I ran into is that there isn't much design art on it. Only 3 pics worth. So there'd be a good deal of guesswork involved to fill in the gaps (which I really don't like doing)

And for those of you who want the launch vehicle it mounts to too... Have you seen how big that thing is?! It'd easily triple the cost of the kit.

I actually considered scratchbuilding the VF-1's atmospheric escape booster at one point. But the problem I ran into is that there isn't much design art on it. Only 3 pics worth. So there'd be a good deal of guesswork involved to fill in the gaps (which I really don't like doing)

And for those of you who want the launch vehicle it mounts to too... Have you seen how big that thing is?! It'd easily triple the cost of the kit.

I started building one. (Atmosphereic Booster). Here are the problems I encountered.

Frist the thing is HUGE! That is if you keep it exactly to 1/72 scale.

Second - There isn't much line art to go by so like Valkyrie said...a lot of guess-work.

Third - My sratch built one was not made of resin, (Styrene, Plastic and Clay) and it was friggin heavy. Doing it in resin would have almost doubled or tripled the weight.

Fourth - The legs of the Valkyrie. I imagine you could built it with the legs bent like they are supposed to.....but I didn't. I basically built a set of legs , filled them with putty so they were solid and attached them flush to the booster where they should be.

Basically when it was finished you could just set a Hase in there and close the lid. :)

The project got to be too much for me and I knew that I would have to charge an arm and a leg to sell them...plus the shipping....yikes...so it was abandoned.

I would love to see someone else take up this project....if anyone wants my notes I would be more than happy to share.

I can see all those problems with scratchbuilding the launch booster. I was toying with the idea of making it smaller to fit one 1/100 gerwalk ARII. Why the gerwalks? Because I have a lot of those suckers and their legs can be bended. Seriously the Arii fighters and gerwalks (except for the arms and legs) are nice for the scale. 1/100 scale is fine for scratchbilding meaning less work and material (lighter) The launching truck is another story.

Monkey N.: Maybe part of your booster could be vacuformed to make it lighter. I still think is a good idea.

Are we talking about models (require assembly, glue and paint) or toys? How come the scale goes to 1/60 or even 1/48?

We're talking resin kit models as it says in the lead thread. And yes, there are 1/48 kits made in resin. 1/60 is very odd for a model, but I'm just writing down what people ask for. Personally, I'm a little surprised at the responses so far. Most of these are so obscure that a model maker will never make it. I thought that the Monster and more Macross and Macross Plus Valk Battroids would be the preference. I'd also have no use for the booster, but it would be easy to make and alot of people seem to like the idea.

This list would go to some resin casters, not to Bandai or Hasegawa. While I would like to think Bandai or Hasegawa would like to know this, they are going to take their cues from the home market (ie. Japan) rather than us jokers.

I mis-read the original post so here are my updated requests:

1. 1/72 Thunder Hammer Armor Kit for Hasegawa VF-1 Battroids

2. 1/72 GBP Armor kit for Hasegawa VF-1 Battroids

3. 1/72 VB-6 Konig Variable Monster

4. 1/72 VARIABLE VFX/2 VF-4c Lightning with full boosters and armor. Similar to SHE's 1/100 scale but with Hasegawa detail quality.

If there is going to be a VF-11 Battroid re-casts, then I would replace 3 with

3a. VF-11c FULL ARMOR Addon kit

As much as I love the VB-6, I think the reality is slim that someone will make it in that scale.

Thanks for the clarification! :D

Edited by Neova

I'd like to see 1/72 scale Variable Valkyries. The Bandai ones seem OK, but how about Valks with excellent detail and with little to no parts swapping (We have the technology, just look at any Zeta Gundam model). Also some 1/72 scale Zentradi mecha and troops would be nice (and maybe even a Zentradi uniform for a Valkyrie like in that one episode).

I'll let this thread go for another week, then I will send the results to my contacts. Once we have a consensus for top picks... I think I will do one more thread to determine what we think orders would be. In other words, given our top 5 picks or so, how many people would buy a reasonably priced kit?

Does this sound appropriate?

Are we talking about models (require assembly, glue and paint) or toys? How come the scale goes to 1/60 or even 1/48?

We're talking resin kit models as it says in the lead thread. And yes, there are 1/48 kits made in resin. 1/60 is very odd for a model, but I'm just writing down what people ask for. Personally, I'm a little surprised at the responses so far. Most of these are so obscure that a model maker will never make it. I thought that the Monster and more Macross and Macross Plus Valk Battroids would be the preference. I'd also have no use for the booster, but it would be easy to make and alot of people seem to like the idea.

I'm all for Mac+ models in 1/48 :)

But your right, majority rules :(

Now when you say monster, are you talking about the Mac II or something else??

We're talking resin kit models as it says in the lead thread. ... Personally, I'm a little surprised at the responses so far. Most of these are so obscure that a model maker will never make it. I thought that the Monster and more Macross and Macross Plus Valk Battroids would be the preference. I'd also have no use for the booster, but it would be easy to make and alot of people seem to like the idea.

If you had said plastic, then the Monster would probably go up in priority. Resin = costs and weight which equals more cost due to shipping. Look at Monkey-N's STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL 1/72 Monster Re-cast. Its about 450-500 shipped! Yikes! If I put out that kind of change, I would REQUIRE it to be full variable and have perfect details. I bought 3 1/48 Yamato VF-1S/J with FPs for less than that.

If you said, the sculptor is going to keep prices way down for us, say 100-150 USD 1/72 Monster kit, then you would see interest and orders go way up. But that is not realistic at the moment.

I think the list is pretty good so far for realistically achievable resin kits that may be affordable and have enough orders to initiate sculpting.

Edited by Neova

We're talking resin kit models as it says in the lead thread. ... Personally, I'm a little surprised at the responses so far. Most of these are so obscure that a model maker will never make it. I thought that the Monster and more Macross and Macross Plus Valk Battroids would be the preference. I'd also have no use for the booster, but it would be easy to make and alot of people seem to like the idea.

If you had said plastic, then the Monster would probably go up in priority. Resin = costs and weight which equals more cost due to shipping. Look at Monkey-N's STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL 1/72 Monster Re-cast. Its about 450-500 shipped! Yikes! If I put out that kind of change, I would REQUIRE it to be full variable and have perfect details. I bought 3 1/48 Yamato VF-1S/J with FPs for less than that.

If you said, the sculptor is going to keep prices way down for us, say 100-150 USD 1/72 Monster kit, then you would see interest and orders go way up. But that is not realistic at the moment.

I think the list is pretty good so far for realistically achievable resin kits that may be affordable and have enough orders to initiate sculpting.

If we're both talking about the same thing: HWR-00-MK II Monster, its not variable. I probably have been refereing to it incorrectly as Mac II when I guess I should be saying Mark II.

Only top three options ? Well, let's vote for something unusual (?).

1/ Miria's battleship from the movie at any reasonable scale (probably 1/4000 tomatch Yellow submarine's SDF-1 ?). Actually, all Meltrandi battleships would be even better...

2/ VF-3000 (1/72, fighter mode)

3/ VF-9 (1/72, fighter mode)

On second thoughts, these could be released as Garage kits, but I doubt any plastic model manufacturer would release such "minor mecha".

Edited by MSZ-006C1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...