Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Yes, different sizes, and all Regult pilots would have to be about as tall as a VFs lower leg to squeeze in.

I guess the animators wanted some creative freedom to make things more scary.

After all -- jumping up and down like a little kid just to see in the canopy glass isn't nearly the menacingly affect as standing high over a VF-1D GERWALK cockpit ready to strike down . . . ( you of all folks should be familiar with that scene : O )

Sorry, wanting a Regult pilot is like wanting high speed mode on the 19. It's a compromise that breaks the functionality of the toy. It's a bad idea, especially at this size. Keep the weight as low as possible so the knees actually function.

But if the toy is designed properly and with the gimmick of including a pilot right from the start, it would work, no?

Just because Yamato was not able to do it, does not mean it can't be done by someone else. Also, Yamato never tried to build a Regult Toy....they made a kit.

More gimmicks = More epic........if done right..........the only downside to that would be price.

It doesn't have to work like Miria in her Queadluun-Rau battle suit. At this size, it could work like Klan-Klan in her Queadluun-Rea. That is, it may be less of a compromise to the toy if the pilot was cut down somehow or not removable.

Just a thought...

Edited by technoblue

But if the toy is designed properly and with the gimmick of including a pilot right from the start, it would work, no?

Just because Yamato was not able to do it, does not mean it can't be done by someone else. Also, Yamato never tried to build a Regult Toy....they made a kit.

More gimmicks = More epic........if done right..........the only downside to that would be price.

Smaller toy, weaker joints. You want less weight on them, not more.

You need a hinge, a door, a guy, a place for the guy to sit, stronger joints, is the guy articulated, what kind of detail in the cockpit? Now you're doubling the price for a gimmicks that probably wouldn't look that great and some people wouldn't use at all. It might even make the toy fragile or fiddly. On a DX toy I could see it but I would rather own two at 1/100 for diorama purposes than one with lots of concealed internal bits.

Absolutely....but why shoot down a simple idea or desire to see something by using pure speculation and personal opinion....

....you're doubling the price for a gimmicks that probably wouldn't look that great and some people wouldn't use at all. It might even make the toy fragile or fiddly.

We don't know what Bandai will or won't do with this line yet....all we know is this is the same company that released V1 Frontier valks....then gave us the renewal...I don't think we should underestimate what Bandai can do at any scale.....

In the end it seems your concern is not whether Bandai can do it but rather if they should do it....thus increasing the price...doubling the price?...only Bandai would know......at any rate a valid concern....I personally would want the best toy with as many gimmicks they can successfully pull off while delivering a solid toy...if that includes a pilot....great....if not....It's still an insta-buy for me....

I think you got the gist of it. More parts+more complexity= more price. Bad guys and background characters sell poorly. Given those facts and my desire to see this line be successful and lead to more obscure toys, I hope Bandai focuses on making a good looking well articulated toy without a ton of gimmicks (and thus at a lower price point) so that more people are willing to take the plunge. With the VF-1 they should go nuts. It's a big audience that's accustomed to plunking down top dollar... on the other mechs in the line I hope we get awesome toys that focus on the core elements/articulation of the mechs... not the premium gimmicks we should expect in our Arcadia/DX toys. In no way do I think a Regult toy with a pilot and cockpit is a dumb idea. I would love for Arcadia to do that at 1/60 and I'd pay top dollar for it. I just don't think this is the line for that and I think there's a lot of people already indicating they think this line can be small DX toys without thinking that small DX toys would cost about as much as actual DX toys and still have some compromises for the scale.

Edited by jenius

You need a hinge, a door, a guy, a place for the guy to sit, stronger joints, is the guy articulated, what kind of detail in the cockpit? Now you're doubling the price for a gimmicks that probably wouldn't look that great and some people wouldn't use at all. It might even make the toy fragile or fiddly. On a DX toy I could see it but I would rather own two at 1/100 for diorama purposes than one with lots of concealed internal bits.

Meh.

You're way overcomplicating stuff and overestimating Bandai.

Bandai will just simply put a generic non-articulated gummy pilot inside their HMR Regult if they ever decide to.

They'd included an upper-half-only non-articulated Klan-Klang on their Frontier Robot Damashii already, so there's precedence.

Also

I agree... it's 1/100 scale, Yamato couldn't make a cockpit work at 1/60 scale. I want the toy to look good, be articulated, and not break the bank. A bonus would be different weapons included.

My Yammie 1/60 Q-Rau fits her included Miria just nicely. No need for any complicated articulation. CM's Max was just an afterthought and from a different company, that's why we gotta take his boots off to put him inside his Q-Rau.

Which reminds me, what damn articulation would you want to see with a Regult, anyway?

It's an eggball with two sticks/legs. It can only do backward knee-bends.

Edited by treatment

If the Regult have this major feature they would have shown it in the big display already. I would rather they have different missile options included, and make the recon version.

Even the just announced Bandai Hulk Buster do not have removable figure, but have LED instead.

HOly eff, I couldn't even track down The Hulk and Captain America. There's no way in hell I'll be able to pre-order that (thanks again, Bandai)

Meh.

You're way overcomplicating stuff and overestimating Bandai.

Bandai will just simply put a generic non-articulated gummy pilot inside their HMR Regult if they ever decide to.

They'd included an upper-half-only non-articulated Klan-Klang on their Frontier Robot Damashii already, so there's precedence.

You may be right. Maybe the person who said they wanted the Regult to open and have a pilot inside was totally down with just an opening door and a molded in/painted immobile pilot inside. If they could pull it off without it looking cheap and ugly it might indeed be cool... but no matter how you slice it it would have to make the toy more expensive so I would still question the logic. I don't think the Robot Damashii toys sold very well either so while it's evidence of a cheaper solution it's not necessarily evidence that there's adequate return on investment.

If you think a regult doesn't need articulation, pull out the Toynami Vinyl toy and try playing with it.

You may be right. Maybe the person who said they wanted the Regult to open and have a pilot inside was totally down with just an opening door and a molded in/painted immobile pilot inside. If they could pull it off without it looking cheap and ugly it might indeed be cool... but no matter how you slice it it would have to make the toy more expensive so I would still question the logic. I don't think the Robot Damashii toys sold very well either so while it's evidence of a cheaper solution it's not necessarily evidence that there's adequate return on investment.

Added plastic hinged doors and gummy pilots should not add significant cost to the toy. But knowing Bandai, they'll add paint on the gummy pilot and charge triple by making it a TWE...

If you think a regult doesn't need articulation, pull out the Toynami Vinyl toy and try playing with it.

???

I don't buy any Toynami.

I do have Revoltech Regults, tho. Still don't see the need for any more articulation on it other than knee-bends.

It should have a waist, hips on ball joints, knees (preferably ball joints also), ankles (preferably ball joints also), possibly toes, and definitely articulated guns (easily ball joints).

That's standard basic stuff for Bandai. Their plethora of Gundam Balls have articulated clamping arms and stuff since whenever!

As such, I expect this HMR Regult to have sturdier solid plastic, compared to the rather softish-plastic of the old Revy's.

If the Regult have this major feature they would have shown it in the big display already. I would rather they have different missile options included, and make the recon version.

Even the just announced Bandai Hulk Buster do not have removable figure, but have LED instead.

The different missile options would be a better idea but likely they'll sell separate variants to milk the mold.

This is what I was getting at above. I have no stake in the debate, but I do like gimmicks in toys (articulated or not), especially when prices hover around or shoot above $100USD. A fully articulated pilot that could also double as an action figure would be a welcome surprise, and so I have more empathy for jvmacross and his method of dreaming big. I don't know how much that gimmick would add to the cost given Bandai's process, but at this scale I don't want to get my hopes up.

wah kao..u all make me read so muchie.

actually I do think toys can have many possibilities.

you guys know votoms? the small small votoms also can have pilot inside. heheh.

just bring us a regult with pilot !!!!! haha

see the online "marketing" sometimes customers speak what they want, so "they makers" aware.. ^^

Edited by alvaro