Question

Now it looks like you have to do or say something special in order to get a member title.

Branded for life

Doorknobs

Anti-tranny

:lol: Those are just the few I can think of off the top of my head.

Of course the special thing must not make you a candidate for banning, probably. Maybe. Dunno... :mellow:

There's also the Max Jenius goon possie! Max is a ninja man! :ph34r: He has...

SUPER SECRET NINJA TECHNIQUES!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Now it looks like you have to do or say something special in order to get a member title.

Branded for life

Doorknobs

Anti-tranny

:lol: Those are just the few I can think of off the top of my head.

Of course the special thing must not make you a candidate for banning, probably. Maybe. Dunno... :mellow:

There's also the Max Jenius goon possie! Max is a ninja man! :ph34r: He has...

SUPER SECRET NINJA TECHNIQUES!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

so true...

Yeah baby.....let's see what I am. :blink:

This is an interesting feature......when was the last time MW had member levels?

I like it. :pB)):D

Edited by UN Spacy

cool i just noticed the new titles, I hope someone makes a list of all the titles available and how many post it takes to get them , i can not wait to get a new title I am still a Destroid Armour Waxer which is a sucky job :p I want to move onto waxing something more important like a valk

Edited by zeo-mare

Yay, I get to go to the concert!

Behold my level 4.

They reset Exo's post count! That aint right.

Don't reset me :(:( I spend too much time here to get to this point.

Edited by Anubis

:lol: i guess 200 was thee magic number away from Waxing Destroids, lucky you Anubis you get to go to a concert. i am still stuck waxing vehicles Edited by zeo-mare

:lol:  i guess 200 was thee magic number away from Waxing Destroids, lucky you Anubis you get to go to a concert. i am still stuck waxing vehicles

Just remember to do it correctly....

....WAX ON.....

....WAX OFF.....

:p:lol:

post-21-1085280181.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Hey now, this is a cool new feature. Funny too. wow, I'm an Alaskan base survivor. And what happened to EXO's post count? Did he post so much that he had to start all over again? Weird. I'd like to see what his title would say. :p:D:lol:

Just remember to do it correctly....

....WAX ON.....

....WAX OFF.....

:lol: I knew I was doing something wrong I guess that is why I am still on the base waxing Valks and not at the concert. :p I also noticed EXO's post count , I knew it was higher than that. I wonder why his got screwed up :(

Ok so I go onto MW today and start looking thru the post and start seeing this little blue bar underneath everyone's avatars, then I notice that ppl are getting titles again then I finally notice that Exo's post count in back down to low. :mellow:

Hopefully I won't get some stupid title. :p

I hope someone makes a list of all the titles available and how many post it takes to get them.

Jeez, I hope not.

That will get people posting for no reason at all just to get more blue squares under their avatar, and "advance" to the next level.

If there are any of you types out there, I suggest you take yourselves over to Robotech.com, with their lame ass rank system. "I'm Corporal Uninformed Dorkface of the Robotech Defense Force!" <_<

Mechamaniac  Posted on May 22 2004, 11:48 PM

That will get people posting for no reason at all just to get more blue squares under their avatar, and "advance" to the next level.

i like to think the people on this board are a little better than that ;) actually i know they are :) I still cannot figure why poor exo lost his post count :( no one else seems to have but him :huh:

Edited by zeo-mare

I think it should be noted that most of us who have "custom titles" did not exactly ask for them but rather got them slapped on us for stupid things we said or did in the past. It would be elitism if we chose those titles, this is more along the lines of "kick me" signs on our backs... some of us have come to embrace the kick me sign and others have come to loathe it.

I think it should be noted that most of us who have "custom titles" did not exactly ask for them but rather got them slapped on us for stupid things we said or did in the past. It would be elitism if we chose those titles, this is more along the lines of "kick me" signs on our backs... some of us have come to embrace the kick me sign and others have come to loathe it.

Then instead of elitism, call it favouritism. You don't see a newbie who has made similar mistakes being "slapped" by the Mods with a custom title, only regulars (and the most regular of the regulars at that). If anyone has a problem with their custom titles, one would think that a quick PM to the Mods would have it removed. Athough the Mods assigned these custom titles in jest, I'd hate to think they'd keep them in place against a members wishes.

I don't know. I'm all for comaraderie in the forums, but lately it's seemed, IMHO, to have taken on a bit of an "Old Boys Club" feeling. Hence the "elitist" statement.

Personally, I'd just prefer it be all or nothing. Either we can choose our member titles, everyone gets a generic member title or we do away with them altogether. But that's just me.

And I like chicken.

Edited by the white drew carey

I remember this same thing came up the last time "custom member titles" were brought out and dragged around the track.

From last time my thoughts are basically the same as WDC's in that you either have full control over your title or none at all. The new system of "rank" IMHO is the worst of the lot as now, as others have said, we may see people spamming the board in order to boost their post count so they can "go up in rank". And as from before the mods said they would put the kibosh on that if it started happening. I myself am sort of indifferent to the whole member title thing. If anyone remembers I did not want a title slapped on me by the mods for fear of being "branded for life" like some members only to be branded for life. I could care less if it is there or not. I can understand how some of those custom titles got out of hand... does anyone remember Keith's "Don't listen to me" custom title?

Anyways the folks with the custom titles around here are mainly the jokers, the knucklenobs and the goofballs. The real serious contributing member cadre often don't have custom titles. However now with the employment of the rank and title system a lot of those same people who are, shall we say, the "vets" of the board have now been sort of placed in the same basket as some of the newbies and lurkers. It's almost impossible now to tell who is a old hand and who is a relative newcomer as most of us have the same join date from when the new board started and now with the rank system almost everyone (even Shawn) seem to be on the same 1,2,3 or 4 chevron system other than a few mods. I myself am not too keen on the rank system that popped up, what, today was it? I think it may pan out to be a neat feature and it may cause controversy. But then again what in this world does NOT cause controversy? Then again, things like custom member titles and rank markings do not instantly equal "my opinion and posts hold more merrit than anyone else's", they simply are indicator's of a person's "committment" shall we say to the board. If a newbie has a problem with someone having a custom member title because they have been here longer, made friendships and "gotten connected" then perhaps that should be incentive to hang out, make friends, play nice and one day they will also be a neato "elite bastard". I mean, it's not like people like me are walking around with sticks or umberellers in our mits puttin' on the ritz and lording this junk over people. Only fools and braggarts do things like that and I don't see anyone doing that. People having problems with perceived "favoritism" may just be lashing out out of jealousy. I mean, when I was in high school I was one of the hot rods of school. I was a dive team champ, had the looks and somehow became one of the school royalty. I did not ask for it, I did not want it... but it was sort of put upon me. People hated me for that... they hated me for something that was more their doing than my own. This situation may be just like that, high school all over again. There are the mods, the creeps, the jocks (cough cough Agentone cough cough) and the "nobodies". Just like any little society or microcosm those things have happened on here to some degree and may always happen on here. But that is just human nature and my opinion, take it at face value as such.

****Applause****

I can't hold out anymore!!! Excuse me for the language, but now we have to kiss @$$ to who knows what just to get a respectable title for us members!!! :angry: I joined this forum because I thought the members here are "mature minded", etc and now this!!! :angry: This is just ridiculous!!! Where's the respect for fellow members? If something happens to me, the same way what happened to EXO or if I get banned just for stating my take on this, then..........., I have nothing more to say.

I just had to get that out of my system.

I am a Gunbuster pilot as well as an officer, darn it! I refuse to wax someone else's mecha other than my own! :D

Am I suppose to take that as a joke?!

****Applause****

I can't hold out anymore!!! Excuse me for the language, but now we have to kiss @$$ to who knows what just to get a respectable title for us members!!! :angry: I joined this forum because I thought the members here are "mature minded", etc and now this!!! :angry: This is just ridiculous!!! Where's the respect for fellow members? If something happens to me, the same way what happened to EXO or if I get banned just for stating my take on this, then..........., I have nothing more to say.

I just had to get that out of my system.

Be carefull of your ulcer ;)

those custom member titles were given as a joke a few months back

why take it as a personal offence???

"Mommy, the mods are mean, I want a member title Tooooooo!!!! and if I dont get

one I consider this whole place stupid!"

Respect should be earned, not demanded!

MW even has in it's Rules that it sometimes gives it's veterans/regulars

some more leeway than the average joe/n00b

become a respected member, stick around and maybe someday you -yes you-

too can have your own personal member title

Now what's keeping mine DAMMIT! :p

Lighten up

why does everything done on this board be taken to extremes?

how many times wasn't there a problem untill someone made it a problem?

relax, grab a beer, there are bigger problems in the world!

On second thought... We still have no controll, therefore this kicks ass. MODS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On second thought... We still have no controll, therefore this kicks ass. MODS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! I thought you wrote your own custom title?!