Yamato 1/100 VF-0S - New Photo

Graham

The complaining around here can be sickning. You do all this complaining and you know you will all buy it  ;)

Right on APU,

Before I say anything else,

Graham, Kick ass man. Thanks for the pics and the updates. :lol:

-

Some of the complaining you people do really makes me understand Yamato's decision to remain hush about their up and coming toys.

Get in your mind that this isn't a huge, $180 1/48 scale toy. It's yamato's attempt to offer something at the lower end of the price spectrum. A decent, no, a GOOD one at that.

Some of you are complainin' about the VF-0 design itself! Good gosh. Really folks, lets stick with constructive critique rather than whines and groans. Some of you guys really seem to beg yamato to be secretive with their work. I commend those who stuck with constructive criticism.

And pleeaassse... :D quit kidding yourself. If you're a fan of Macross 0 You know you're going to eat it up anyway. ^_^

As far as my two cents about the sculpt,

It looks great. I'm really amazed how far along yamato came in just a couple of years. For a 1/100, I'm really impressed with the amount of detail they were able to put in.

I'm sure they sculpted this with CAD no? really nice.

Paint job is tight for a yamato. I hope the actual distributed product has an equally great paint job. Panel lines and all.

Speaking of panel lines, given that they actually took the effort for them, I wonder why they left out the skull? No matter, it's nothing Takatoy's or devin's decals can't fix.

The only thing I think takes away from the overall quality of the toy is the leg pegs... generally, the hip area as everyone is pointing out to. If yamato has any intention on making last minute changes as Graham said they probably would, I think it can be over looked.

I'm psyched. I'm sold. 2 for me!

Thanks for the pics Graham!

EDIT - emphasized text

Edited by Nani?!

I would love this toy if the scale wasn't so freakin' small. If it was 1/60, even 1/72 scale, I'd be all in for this thing. But 1/100??? Too bad a great toy like this is so damn small. :angry:

Well one thing i like about it, that i saw from an ealier pic, is that arms tuck in higher than the legs, unlike the 1/48's.

And i think the reason why yamato is offering this, is cause every betched for a squarant of cheap valks with high detail, so look wot u got?

And still unhappy?

I'll stick to my taste which is 1 perfect transformable over a squad of cheap valks ^^.

I think it value for money, but i HATE, hate hate swopping parts, its cheating!!! :p

I think its decent but should be 3,000 yen rather than 4. I really think yamato could care less about what we think and that them being hush has nothing to do with us at all. Do you think it matters? Probably not. Hey as long as hey make money thats what matters...to them money speaks not fans. I hate to say it that way but think about it they are a business they aren't out to become your friend they are out to get your money. Simple economics at that.

I thihnk they are hush because it is known that this site is a melting pot and THEE source for macross toy innfo so much that japanese fans go here and make fits if we get first dibs on breaking news. Why? Well after the admin of valk scramble became a father(kind of like jawjaw who had to end his site because hes gonna be a dad too) the admin of valk scramble had to stop his site. HIs site may have been the equivalent of ours since at that time when the 1/60 was released...he and shawn were to unleash the 1/60 review at the SAME time. Soon after the site ended and the japanese fans were leftr with no alternative cept this site.

So yes they do make a fit if we get soemthing first . that is why graham has to be so hush. Remember he got in trouble for the qrau announcement. THAT is what matters people. Whether we bitch or not, I never recall yamato actually caring enough to even be offended. They fix things when needed. Is like the same thing with transfans worrying that if they bitch to hasbro, transformers will cease. Do they look ilke they are ceasing? IS hasbro's feelins hurt? Please i am sure all that money brings a SMILE to their face.

Granted I this toy is decent. And kind of cheap regarding yamatos other endeavors. But bear in mind it is unfair to say and label ALL of us complainers that will still buy it. We are far from that. Read in this thread. There are legitimate complaints abound. The hips, the landing gear, both can be improved. Who is going tio say they loook perfect? noone? exactly.

ANd while money speaks more than we ever will infinitely yamato listens in when needed. But don't thinbk they take it personal when we complain, for everyone of us that complains there are 10 fans who will probably buy the complained about toy.

I think its decent but should be 3,000 yen rather than 4. I really think yamato could care less about what we think and that them being hush has nothing to do with us at all. Do you think it matters? Probably not. Hey as long as hey make money thats what matters...to them money speaks not fans. I hate to say it that way but think about it they are a business they aren't out to become your friend they are out to get your money. Simple economics at that.

I thihnk they are hush because it is known that this site is a melting pot and THEE source for macross toy innfo so much that japanese fans go here and make fits if we get first dibs on breaking news. Why? Well after the admin of valk scramble became a father(kind of like jawjaw who had to end his site because hes gonna be a dad too) the admin of valk scramble had to stop his site. HIs site may have been the equivalent of ours since at that time when the 1/60 was released...he and shawn were to unleash the 1/60 review at the SAME time. Soon after the site ended and the japanese fans were leftr with no alternative cept this site.

So yes they do make a fit if we get soemthing first . that is why graham has to be so hush. Remember he got in trouble for the qrau announcement. THAT is what matters people. Whether we bitch or not, I never recall yamato actually caring enough to even be offended. They fix things when needed. Is like the same thing with transfans worrying that if they bitch to hasbro, transformers will cease. Do they look ilke they are ceasing? IS hasbro's feelins hurt? Please i am sure all that money brings a SMILE to their face.

Granted I this toy is decent. And kind of cheap regarding yamatos other endeavors. But bear in mind it is unfair to say and label ALL of us complainers that will still buy it. We are far from that. Read in this thread. There are legitimate complaints abound. The hips, the landing gear, both can be improved. Who is going tio say they loook perfect? noone? exactly.

ANd while money speaks more than we ever will infinitely yamato listens in when needed. But don't thinbk they take it personal when we complain, for everyone of us that complains there are 10 fans who will probably buy the complained about toy.

oh, I totally agree shin.

Yamato is a business corp, not a buddy family toy maker.

And the criticism some people gave were constructive and insightful.

The complaints I'm talking about are those who foolishly try to compare this with the 1/48 line and forget the fact that this is a different price point toy.

That alone should explain the reason for smaller scale, less accuracy, etc.

it's all relative. But people still try to undermine the product itself by comparing it to a toy more than 3-4 times it's price. That's just being unfair.

I personally had lower expectations of this latest endeavor by yamato. It's going to stand smaller than the 1/60's and going to feature swapable parts and yet when seeing it's progress, I'm really liking what they've (yamato) done.

Despite it's flaws and when not compared to the colossus of the 1/48's detail and size, it's a great toy.

That's all...

That painted versions got it going on.

Upper body is sweet. Nice detail and great proportions.

Lower body.... something's not right. On battroid, the legs look look fine (cept for those huge ass joints) but on gerwalk they look so long and spindly. They should probably shrink the size of the intake as well. It looks like it's suffering from the same huge-intake syndrome that their 1:72 19 had.

Edited by imode

I like the vf-1o scultp so far.. I agree, I would like to see the skull and UN SPACY symbols printed on... The hips are fugly, but look to be not so much worse that the hips on a 1/60.

offtopic:

I vote we start a pinned topic: what do you think about yamato business practices? It seems like every time a new toy or toy news is released people keep trying to make it into discussion on yamato and their business model.

The feet in the upper left corner are Monster feet and it appears something has been blocked out...

Care to explain Graham?

:lol:

Vostok 7

Yamato cannot hide what is in a printed magazine: so come on, what are the feet?

What was on the rest of the page?

Even if it's not Macross I want to know what the feet belong to!

Please :)

The feet in the upper left corner are Monster feet and it appears something has been blocked out...

Care to explain Graham?

Vostok 7

Yamato cannot hide what is in a printed magazine: so come on, what are the feet?

What was on the rest of the page?

Dare I say it but it looks like the monster's feet.

Keep in mind that the legs are meant to sport the fuel tanks as well.

I'm sure that'll help.

Yeah, the fast packs will definately help with the thin leg's appearance.

Got a thing for feet there dude? :lol:

:lol: Good One.

Seriously though, those feet look awful familiar.

Thanks Graham for the Picture....I really like the look of the toy, and believe it or not, but the 35-41 USD price tag is quite nice.....now, I wonder what they will do for the SV-51? Do you know if that will be the next one, or are they going to do the VF-0D?

Thanks once again Graham, pictures look awesome!

Larry T.

Thanks for the pics. The more I see of the Zero, the more I like it, however it still does not look up to par with the 1/60s and 1/48s.

yes, because it's a 1/100. :)

It'll NEVER come close to a 1/48 but I think it's up there with the 1/60's...

It seems to sport a better paint job. hopefully it'll look even better at hand.

Graham,

any tidbit of info on the YF 19 FP? Like if it's still in plan?, if it's anywhere near completion? what quarter of 2004 (or even what YEAR perhaps? ;) ) Even your speculation would be nice. yes, no? (if no, oh well, worth a try~ :p)

thanks in advance

Edit - typo

Edited by Nani?!

I think it looks good for 1/100, and I like the price... I mean I think $40ish is good, it could be better but $40ish is better than $60.

Would it be wrong to want a VF-0D more than the VF-0S?

When this toy was anounced I limited myself to the following philosophy :

- Why bitch and moan about how crapy you find THIS toy if we know we´re gonna get a bigger , high quality version of the VF-0 ?

WE KNOW they´re gonna milk this cow till it dies , and that means a whole variety of products for potential buyers. And a 1/60 or 1/72 is definitively gonna be part of this so boys , just calm down.

Although I´m probably gonna wait for the bigger toy I think this toy is a hell of a detailed figure , look at the panel lines they are even more refined than the 1/60s. The sculpt itself is very nice looking.

I won´t make any other unnecessary comments about the hips or the lower intake parts or the landing year. For only 4000 yens this thing is really worth it. Considering this is the first Yamato toy ever to be released at that price from the very start I´m really expectant to see its success.

For the price that Graham mentioned I think these are gonna disappear like hot cakes. Since a 1:48 VF-0 is probably out of the question this is the closest we're gonna get (to a Macross Zero toy). I think all three modes look decent, it's just too bad that Yamato isn't going to print them skull markings on. :(

hey pare I doubt they will stop at a 1/100. This is yamato we talking about. Watch right before xmas they pull off a perfect variable VF-0.(come on this is yamato compared to the Vf-1, the VF-0 design would be relatively EASY to pull off...transformation is a breather compared to what they had to go through to make the 1/48 work imho).

Yamato has shown that they like big perfect variable toys in the past. With macross 0 fresh and new I think its a given we will get a VF-0 later on. I think the only reason they didnt riht now is because they want a cheap version everyone can affored and then x mas season pull off one the hardcore fans woujld want and afford.

BTW remember imode talkin about destroids for the 0 line? The feet loook like destroid feet.

For the price that Graham mentioned I think these are gonna disappear like hot cakes. Since a 1:48 VF-0 is probably out of the question this is the closest we're gonna get (to a Macross Zero toy). I think all three modes look decent, it's just too bad that Yamato isn't going to print them skull markings on. :(

Yeah man, and for that, Yamato's nests ought to be ALL SET ON FIYAA!!! :angry:

- Why bitch and moan about how crapy you find THIS toy if we know we´re gonna get a bigger , high quality version of the VF-0 ?

I won´t make any other unnecessary comments about the hips or the lower intake parts or the landing year. For only 4000 yens this thing is really worth it. Considering this is the first Yamato toy ever to be released at that price from the very start I´m really expectant to see its success.

Just because a product is in a cheaper line doesn't mean it's not worth due criticism. 40-ish dollars, although cheap by Yamato's standards, is still no excuse for a toy to have gaping design flaws. 40 bucks still isn't *cheap* and still doesn't justify bits that belong more on a Banpresto than a Yamato: ie, the ugly hips and the lower intakes.

That said, the overall sculpt is rather nice, except for the aformentioned and the fact that I can't see how it can do a proper gerwalk A-Stance, which is pretty much necessary nowadays. But just because a more expensive toy is coming down the line, doesn't mean that this one is excused from criticism... especially those that might be fixed and don't belong on a toy of its price.

-Al

I'll probably pick one up, dunno though. I'd rather pay more and get a much better toy. I mean, c'mon, this is nearly 1/60 price for a toy that has even worse hips, and lacks any die-cast.

Plus, as I thought with the 1/60s, I still believe if you're going to have huge, ugly hips like that, you might as well go with swing bars that don't look any worse yet appease perfect transformation fans like myself.

I do hope they release a larger scale version. I'd save up in anticipation of a 1/48th scale perfect transformation version.

Oh, and as always, thanks Graham!

Edited by Radd

Thanks Graham for the picture. I was never really a fan of the VF-0 so I am not going to run out and get it. The gerwalk mode I do not have to worry about because I rarely dispaly in that mode. The fighter mode looks ok. I am not to fond of the battloid mode because of the hips, skinny arms and shoulders. Maybe I pick this one up when it goes on sale.

Whose feet are those on top?

-- Whose feet are at the top right........? :ph34r:

Anyone?..................Bueller?

Do the feet belong to something that was cropped out of the pic, Graham?

C'Mon, you know how it is...........WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!!

You go ahead and post an update on something that hasn't been released,

and we're already concerned with what's next!!! :blink::D:p

The feet on top are of some ugly looking samurai robot, nothing to do with Macross or Yamato. No idea what series it's from.

As this site is 'Macrossworld', NOT 'uglylookingsamurairobotworld', there is no need to show the pic :p

Graham