Yamato 1/100 VF-0S - New Photo

Graham

The only thing that I really don't like about the toy is the hip joints in battroid mode. Not only are the ugly, but they place the hips too far away from the nose.

However, as I love the VF-0 design, even if Yamato don't change this, I'm still planning to buy 3.

Graham

Thanks for the update Graham!

It looks pretty good... the hips are definitely a put off. But I've known since it was announced that I'll probably only pick up one of these lil' babies... I'm just not a big fan of small toys or parts swapping.

This definitely looks like this could be a fun lil' toy to have around, though.

And I AM a fan of the VF-0 design... unlike alot of the naysayers here.

Those that don't like the design of the VF-0... well, of course you're not gonna like this toy! :p

I'll probably get one. Not planning on it, but is it still called an impulse buy if you know you're gonna give in anyway? :unsure:

I haven't heard this much hoopla about hips since Fulcy's sashayed across our screens. Better watch it, he may get jealous... :p

The release date is shown as April. Maybe this is a mistake as previously the release date has been shown as May. It's unlike Yamato to release anything early. :p

Just to clear this up, the picture's caption says that they first introduced the VF-0 1:100 in the April issue of the magazine. There is no mention of when the VF-0 will go on sale.

The release date is shown as April. Maybe this is a mistake as previously the release date has been shown as May. It's unlike Yamato to release anything early.  :p

Just to clear this up, the picture's caption says that they first introduced the VF-0 1:100 in the April issue of the magazine. There is no mention of when the VF-0 will go on sale.

Thanks for that clarification.

Graham

Thanks Graham  :)

I guess I will wait and see for the final result.

I am more hyped on this item at this point  :lol:

That is the Hasegawa SV-51 plastic model kit and so should be discussed in the MW Model forum, NOT the toy forum.

Let's keep this thread on topic. Thank you.

Graham

Thanks Graham :D

Given the small scale this toy has a nice sculpt and lots of detail, I find all modes to be decent. Unlike many others I like gerwalk mode.

What can I say? I like what I see, I´m gonna buy it (also waiting for a bigger version).

I'd love to see a VF-0D version. With the 0S sculpt as it is now, the D would look awesome I'm sure. Hips aside.

I do admit, aside from the hips the overall proportions are not bad once you look at it for a while. The head sculpt is good too.

I'd love to see a VF-0D version. With the 0S sculpt as it is now, the D would look awesome I'm sure. Hips aside.

I do admit, aside from the hips the overall proportions are not bad once you look at it for a while. The head sculpt is good too.

The VF-0S head certainly looks a lot better painted.

In the unpainted pics in the April Hobby magazines, I thought the head looked horrible.

Graham

nope barely anyone complained when the 1/48 came out. there wasnt that many arguments AGAINST it. THe only thing that got people mad on the 1/48 were the price and the chest and arms hanging low in fighter mode i believe. The majority of us liked it. NOw the 1/60 however, that drew MUCH criticism upon release. It was a war between 1/55 chunky lovers vs neo age 1/60 fans.

So NO again we do NOT bitch about everything that comes out. And as you can see the only reason a lot of people dont like this is because

1-its small

2- its simple transformation

Of course I view it as toycrack since its relatively cheap. I onyl wish it was cheaper. That and the front gear loooked better.

I think the battroid mode looks awesome but I really want to se the relative size compared to something like the F11B faast pack toy yamato put out.

I cant recall but did anyone ever list the actual height or legnth of the toy?

20cm has been mentioned, but I'm not sure if this is the height in battroid mode or the length in fighter mode.

I do recall that Yamato did mention to me that the VF-0S battroid was only slightly shorter than the VF-11B battroid toy.

Graham

Graham can you ask them how long the fighter mode is? I hope it is as long as the VF1B and if SO....crap for 40$ this is kind of big.

Do you guys realize a SV-51 would be MUCH largeer? drrooollll

Also graham have yamato released an ETA for the VF-0D?

Yamato don't really seem willing to have any contact at the moment, so it's no use to ask them questions for now.

I'm sure a VF-0D will be coming soon.

Graham

Graham,

Thanks for the pictures. The painted version looks AWESOME. But like all prototype models in magazines, the production version will probably differ in paint quality and detail. Painted panel lines on a 40 ish product? I doubt it. I went back and compared those 1/60s and production version falls slightly short but nevertheless, impressive.

I agree about the nosecone / hip joints. It just screams "Look! I'm a big bone boy!"

I hope Yamato will consider 1/72 and up SUPER detail on par with the 1/48 versions by xmas.

Graham, is there any chance you'll get to inspect, play with, or otherwise torture test a prototype VF-0?

Not much chance, in fact I'd say extremely slim. Unfortunately, those days are probably long gone.

So, I'll be buying retail just like everybody else. :(

Graham

.......I hope Yamato will consider 1/72 and up SUPER detail on par with the 1/48 versions by xmas.

Is this a certainty?

The only thing certain in life is death.

I was going to say 'death and taxes', but a clever man can avoid tax. :p

Graham

Graham, is there any chance you'll get to inspect, play with, or otherwise torture test a prototype VF-0?

Not much chance, in fact I'd say extremely slim. Unfortunately, those days are probably long gone.

Graham

That's too bad! :(

.......I hope Yamato will consider 1/72 and up SUPER detail on par with the 1/48 versions by xmas.

Is this a certainty?

The only thing certain in life is death.

I was going to say 'death and taxes', but a clever man can avoid tax. :p

Graham

Yeah, I guess.

Oh poo. :(

I'll just have to rely on you Pacific rim types to get your VF-0's first and posting reviews long before we get them on our shores.

graham that sucks. Why is yamato stonwwalling on giving you a sample? I mean the japanese only make a fit when we preview stuff early right? IF you sample it and release the review the day of release that is fair aint it?

Whats up with them?Seems like they became the comman mans company but then they got big and all of a sudden forgot about you.

With valk scramble gone from the picture and such you have been one of the SOLE resources for info in terms of previewing samples and such.

the heck is yamato thinking?

BTW I hope yamato is able to make VFERR varians of the VF-0 like MSV for gundam. any chance VFERR makes it to toy form?>?

So, I'll be buying retail just like everybody else.  :(

Oh poo. :(

I'll just have to rely on you Pacific rim types to get your VF-0's first and posting reviews long before we get them on our shores.

Well, whoever gets it first gets first dibs. :)

Again, I'm not that thrilled. Those hips continue to irk me and the new pictures just seem to indicate this 1/100 scale VF-0 is on the same level as a 1/60 scale VF-1. Maybe I've been spoiled by the 1/48, but I'm not going to settle for anything less than a high quality VF-0S and this isn't it. I'll save my money and hope for something else.

Hi Graham.

Thanks for showing us the latest on the VF-0. A shame you may not be getting one to sample. I truly hope Yamato reconsiders; it's great free advertising for them.

Considering that the toy is 1/100, the detail is actually quite good. I think that they can very easily minimize the hip/groin peg housings. Since I doubt that the intake covers come off, they can house a ball-joint inside the intake/hip itself, and delete the extended housing alltogether. If they're having teething troubles, tell them to give me a call, and I'll fix it :D I think this is just about the only real alteration the toy needs: the joint that allows the thigh to pivot foreward can't help but be that size; any smaller, and it would all-too-easily snap upon manipulation.

Overall, I think it'll be a very welcomed product, and should sales figures permit, let us hope that a larger scale toy will find its way through the pipeline :)

I'm still pretty amped about this man.... another addition to my Macross collection, and it won't break my bank, \/\/00+!!!

Man, just hearing you guys..... I'm glad I'm not a toy manufacturer.. you guys are impossible to please. Seeing as how they're offering the ONLY VF-0 toy on the market, they could make it a lot worse and I bet people would still buy it!

nope they wouldnt. It seems like 25% of the fans here wouldnt buy this while 75% would. Remember improvements come because of COMPLAINTS not praise! you think if we all said yamato was god and worshipped them when the YF19 came out that tab B would not be improved? heck no!

criticism is needed. And like i said previous times in this thread the criticism is deserved to me in this case. I mena the landing gear to me needs work and the hips.

and again I really think yamato could care less if we are impossible to please...they aint trying to make friends here they trying to make MONEY,. and for everyone o us that com,p-lains 10 will buy. and for every complaint we have, a few fixes make it into the next variant to shut us up.

its business people not friendship. Yamato has no emotions to worry about, just profit. oh and as it seems , a lot of people already want this toy.

Wow, more pics? It's like Christmas.