made a poem for VF-0 scales. im sure most of you will agree

i'd masturbate to 1/48

1/60 would be kind of nifty

Screw 1/72

yes it rhymes!

You've been hanging around Agent too long :p

:lol::lol::lol:

lol that was a damn haiku :lol:

I never heard, was the VF-0 designed on a computer, or was it a sculpt?

Erm....(raises hand), damn it I know, but not sure if I'm allowed to tell or not. This is frustrating sometimes.

Graham

IIRC, you already told us it was done using CAD. :unsure:

does anyone know if there is going to be a better sculpted version of the vf-0s proto?

i know yamato still has at least....well, over a month to finish up a final design....but in all honesty it looks like the vf-0s is going to be pushed back another few months...

DAMN IT! I'VE WAITED FOR THIS VALK SINCE I SAW THE FIRST OVA OF MACROSS ZERO!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I fully expect every Yamato release to be pushed back a few months these days. I don't take stock of the initial date anymore, because they never make it. I would expect the VF-0S in late June - sometime in July.

I fully expect every Yamato release to be pushed back a few months these days. I don't take stock of the initial date anymore, because they never make it. I would expect the VF-0S in late June - sometime in July.

On the contrary, I think they'll actually come really close to their projection.

Yamato only shows off what they're near or already completed with, and given we've already received painted pictures of it, I think july is pretty safe to bet on. Despite the possibility of change in the sculpt, I don't think it will change much or at all, for that matter.

It's projects that they keep mum about that are questionable. *cough*YF-19FP*cough*.

I'm telling ya.... I think my conspiracy theory with that valk is somewhat possible. Maybe we'll see a 1/60 Macross plus line soon in the horizon. :lol:

I fully expect every Yamato release to be pushed back a few months these days.  I don't take stock of the initial date anymore, because they never make it.  I would expect the VF-0S in late June - sometime in July.

On the contrary, I think they'll actually come really close to their projection.

Yamato only shows off what they're near or already completed with, and given we've already received painted pictures of it, I think july is pretty safe to bet on. Despite the possibility of change in the sculpt, I don't think it will change much or at all, for that matter.

It's projects that they keep mum about that are questionable. *cough*YF-19FP*cough*.

I'm telling ya.... I think my conspiracy theory with that valk is somewhat possible. Maybe we'll see a 1/60 Macross plus line soon in the horizon. :lol:

I don't know, we already saw painted GBP armor in February and it got pushed back 3 months for no reason.

I fully expect every Yamato release to be pushed back a few months these days.  I don't take stock of the initial date anymore, because they never make it.  I would expect the VF-0S in late June - sometime in July.

I don't know, we already saw painted GBP armor in February and it got pushed back 3 months for no reason.

damn , you´re right , I totally fogot about the GBP :unsure::blink::(

Now that I think of it , apart from the armour I think I´ll pretty much stay away from Yamato toys from quite lot of time until they release a bigger more detailed line of the M0 mechas.

• 2 weeks later...

:unsure: Any words if they will make the atmospheric legs FAST Packs that are seen in Roy's Variable fighter in the first episode, it had black pieces attach to it and then on the second episode it didn't have them...

I hope they make VF-0S reacting armor later

Uh... isn't it a bit illogical to assume that the 1/60 GBP got pushed back for no reason?

As if Yamato is just delaying a release to mess with you, those bastards. :p

I think it's a bit more astute to say that the 1/60 GBP was pushed for 3 months and we don't know why.

Uh... isn't it a bit illogical to assume that the 1/60 GBP got pushed back for no reason?

I think it's a bit more astute to say that the 1/60 GBP was pushed for 3 months and we don't know why.

I bet you they did the armor, and then they noticed it was actually incompatible with any of the previous valks, fast packs and non fast packs so they had to fix it

"Damn it the armor design is not compatible with any of the 1/60 valks"

And some ones head was chop off... ;)

I bet you they did the armor, and then they noticed it was actually incompatible with any of the previous valks, fast packs and non fast packs so they had to fix it

"Damn it the armor design is not compatible with any of the 1/60 valks"

And some ones head was chop off... ;)

Hmmm... that sounds more like something that would have cropped up waaaay before they made the test molds, etc... I mean we all saw the prototypes on the VF-1J Hikaru, so it's doubtful that it's something that major.

It's probably a factory problem, a QC issue, or something relatively minor.

The funny thing is, Yamato really can't win around here. If they release a product that has a hairline seam or a slight paint imperfection, we complain for days.

They delay a product, most likely to make it better... we complain for days.

I'm glad I don't work there sometimes. :lol:

While I like the head sculpt, I'm really disappointed with the wings. The narrow section of the wing is far too short. Compare the wings of the 1/100 toy with the Hasegawa model kit, which has a much longer narrow section.

Graham

Thanks for the pics Graham!!!

To all members so we can start with the speculation:

How do you think the legs attach in fighter mode?

Apparentely there are no holes in the legs to conect with the backpack fuselage via hooks ala 1/60 1/48 style. The arms show no holes to connect with the legs, apart from the slots for the gun pod.

So let the guessing begin!

perhaps there IS no nose swapping! please look at the attached image! NOtice that the heatshield is barely hanging and is not connected to the chestplate?( it is but its hanging)...

also notice

-underneath there appears to be a CLEAR canopy

-nose in fighter mode looks to be the same legnth as in battroid

-plug ins for leg joints are not too apparent on battroid mode...perhaps a plate is used to clip to the underside of the VF-0s nose in battrouid...a plate with raised ball joints that are cconnected to the legs....in this way the plate merely clips onto the underside of nose in battroid and clicls into place under chest plate in fighter.

The heatshield is built into the chestplate on the VF-0, so there really should be no need to do a canopy swap.

All that needs to be swapped is the nosecone/forward part of the fuselage really. You can tell that those are different looking at the pics, and also it does kind of look like the legs are attached to a bracket that in turn attaches to the back of the 2nd nosecone, with a ball joint at each end of the bracket. Does this mean the legs are actually one piece? In a way like the 1/48 leg bracket, just it comes off. With that, the big hips are needed to support the ball joint. If that's the case then I like, and can forgive the bulky hip.

IIRC, Graham said before the head comes off so you can get the legs off. Having a bracket the legs attach to explains that.

If they are attached to that bracket to begin with, that makes hooking them onto the underside quite easy. That would make the legs more stable than the 1/60 VF-1's easily, too. Assuming of course the bracket attaches securely to the fuselage in fighter/gerwalk, and also the 2nd nosecone in battroid. I hated attaching the legs in gerwalk on the 1/60 VF-1's. The big downside to a small bracket like that though is it's durability. How easy will that break? Hopefully be fine though.

I want to see the undercarriage of this thing in fighter close up.

untitled2.jpg

This is the guess I made some pages back.

post-4-1080161095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

New pics!! Sort of! It's looking...well, exactly the same as last time. I'm still curious as to why Yamato went with the new (and smaller) 1/100 scale. I hope its so that there's a bigger gap between the "low end" toys like the VF-0 and the big "deluxe" toys like the 1/48 series.