Yamato 1/100 VF-0S - New Photo

Graham

Even despite the Lego like design of this toy, I'll still be happy as long as they change just two things: -

1) Resculpt the wing trailing edge.

2) Change the head lasers so they are not angled out so much.

I can live with all the other inaccuracies

Graham

I can stand the wings, its not a Yamato fault, there is a lot of anime magic involved in the VF-0 wings, they are really short in Battroid mode., i think they just used the first CG model of the Vf-0S for sculpt the wings as they are shorter that the actual wings in the oav.

I think you misunderstand. I'm not complaining about the overall length of the wings. Actually, I'm OK with the overall length of the wings.

What I don't like is that the narrow section of the wing trailing edge that I've labeled section 'C' on the pic below is far too short compared to the CG images and line-art.

This narrow section could be made longer by making sections 'A' & 'B' on pic below slightly shorter, without changing the overall wing length. Yamato only need to make sections 'A' & 'B' maybe 2-3mm shorter each, which would in turn allow them to make section 'C' longer by 4-6mm. that way the wing trailing edge would look much closer to how it does in the anime.

Perhaps somebody with more free time on their hands than me can play around with Photoshop to change the wing proportions in the toy photo to how I describe it, so we can see how it would look?

Graham

Sorry Graham , sometime I have a bad time with the English, now I Understand, however if you look at the CG Vf-0S the narrow part is shorter as the yamato's, I agree that the longer narrow part is nicer but i don't know if its fattible make the narrow part longer and the other part shorter without change the wings overall lenght, i'll try with photoshop.

Maybe they have to do swappable wings too :lol:

If I may say... I don't know much about the VF-O and I was not going to get this toy. But the more I see it, I've got to say in Valk mode it looks real cool. In 1/100 scale how long is it?

it looks ok, i like the jet mode i do not like the head of the batroid however, i think the old sculpt looked better for it, how much is this going to cost anyhow? i have not been keeping up with this toy latley also do we know how tall it is yet?

Even despite the Lego like design of this toy, I'll still be happy as long as they change just two things: -

1) Resculpt the wing trailing edge.

2) Change the head lasers so they are not angled out so much.

I can live with all the other inaccuracies

Graham

I can stand the wings, its not a Yamato fault, there is a lot of anime magic involved in the VF-0 wings, they are really short in Battroid mode., i think they just used the first CG model of the Vf-0S for sculpt the wings as they are shorter that the actual wings in the oav. What i'm not happy is the nose, its too small and they have not excuse for this! The head isn't a problem i'm sure it can be fix, remember that we'll get the "A" variant too. And remember that the 1/48 vf-1 shapes aren't perfect too :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that there isn't (or very little) anime magic in the vf-0D delta wings, so make that damn D variant!!!

vf-0abattroid.jpg

vf-0afighter.jpg

vf-osfirstcg.jpg

I can't understand this perfect transformation smania, will you really play with a 150$ PT toy? even if the 1/48 have PT the transformation isn't really fast and I need a table to do it without damages and avery time I have to detache fastpacks and weapons, it have stability problems due to its size too. This Vf-0S is a posable action figure that you can assemble as fighter, gerwalk or battroid, if you are going to just expose it what change swap or PT?

will i play with a 150$ PT toy? HELL YES!!

I play with my 148 a lot and you cant tell me its a fragile plastic model hybrid becaus it ISNT. Every model kit I have owned is broken. I put my 1/48 to abuse more so than my model kits, and WHY is it still NOT broken?

To me PT is better for playability, less parts to keep track off and lose, and everything STAYS togethger without worrying where the other parts are. With PT you can play with it on the fly. Why is bandai still popular at macrosworld? Because of that sole reason. I am sure if the banprestos were higher quality in sculpt and plastic qc most macrosworlders would have bought boatloads buy now.

displaying is a waste of time. I play with my toys..DIsplay when I am busy. This VF-0 toy? Don't cut it. I need me bigger scale and if partswap, MINIMAL. I mean hell do you all even realize this toy needs more part swapping then the 1/.100 bandai fire valkyrie model kit? that is SAD! Which design is MORE complex here? sad i tell ya. SAD. <_<<_<

I was surprised that Yamato didnt make the wings swappable.  <_<

Actually i'm afraid that the yamato didn't that as its the only way to have the correct lenght wings in fighter mode without oversize wings in battroid ç_ç watch an hasegawa vf-0 to understand how the long wings change the look.

This is an old pic of the old sculpt vf-0S near the 1/100 koenig monster, the angle of the shot is very nice, i must admit that the nosecone isn't that bad as I thought, in fighter should be about 18 cm long.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1087302030.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i was looking through HLJ trying to find the model kit the 1/60 VF-1's were based off of...needless to say, i didn't find it :p but i came across this VF-1 model that had parts that looked a lot like the parts used to transform the yamato VF-0 ...here's the link...

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?YLS006

• 3 months later...

Just picked up the new March 2005 issues of Hobby Japan magazine & Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Unfortunately, there's no new pics of the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S. In fact, neither magazine has anything about Macross at all, zip, zilch, nada.

IIRC, this is the third month in a row now that there has been no updates on the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S, which leads me to suspect that Yamato might have quietly decided to drop it.

I'm guessing that one of two things may have happened: -

1) The prototype scrulpt was so badly received based on the older pics in the hobby mags and as seen at trade shows, that based on negative market feedback Yamato figured it just would not sell well enough and it was not worth the expense of starting from scratch to make an all new sculpt.

2) Yamato has taken so long developing this toy, that their licencse with Big West to produce Macross Zero toys may have already expired! I'm reasonably certain that Big West toy licenses last for 2 years. And the 1/100 VF-0S toy has been in development for 2 years already, so it is conceivable that the license could have already expired and Yamato figures it is just not worth renewing it.

Let's hope I'm wrong and the toy is still going to be released some day.

Graham

i would love a 1/48 but i do not see it happening, hopefully we will still get a 1/100 even a 1/72 (if we are really lucky) this year.

I'm happy for more Macross Toys period. It's a shame this has been vaporware so far. 1/100 or not. The last prototype shown was a leap better than the original though.

Could this also be a reason for the lack of a YF-19? The M+ liscense lapsed?

or maybe the other 2 with fastpacks (Yf-21 and Vf-11) did not sell that well and they did not feel it was worth it to release the Yf-19 :( but i to am happy for any nice stuff we get from Macross.

Edited by zeo-mare

Its interesting to note that for the first time in a long time it seems like there will be a month or more without any new Yamato toys. We hear they are doing a GBP...but the Konig is out...so whats next? Unless they reissue some 1/48's the GBP and the VF0S are all thats left on the radar. I"m starting to think they are going to back quietly out of the Macross realm. Maybe pick it back up in a few years but back out of it for a while. I have no inside information, thats just my gut feel.

it's just not right...but it happens all the time...i just wish it didn't happen at all...hopefully yamato is secretly developing another VF toy we could all enjoy...or maybe they're looking at these boards and laughing at us all. either way, we must not give up on them...we're a loyal group and will buy just about anything macross...if they make it, we will come :ph34r: (and buy)

i know for sure i'd buy more than one VF-0...i was planning on doing so from the get-go...i wanted to try customizing my first VF

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

...we're a loyal group and will buy just about anything macross...if they make it, we will come  (and buy)

unless it is made sucky :p

yea i to have had the same feeling about Yamato at least we have the serious prospects of the 1/48 GPB hopefully they will surprise us and release something else. i wish we could get the rest of the 1/48 Vf's

Edited by zeo-mare

...hopefully they will surprise us and release something else....

Well, they gave us the VB-6...that was a total surprise by everyone.

I could be wrong, but maybe Yamato went to the drawing board with the VF-0 since it wasn't so well recieved.

I don't want to call out any names or anything, but some of you guys are too picky. We should be greatful that a company like Yamato has stepped up and did the incredible job they've done thus far for Macross.

Even Bandai didn't do anything. All they did was re-release their old model kits and a couple of their old toys, and did very minor resulpts of the 1/55 scale VF-1s.

As much as I hate to say this, but Bandai might be our only hope if we're going to continue getting Macross goodies

i do agree about some of us being picky, but sometimes we have to be. the VF-0 was looking a little sloppy at first and they did in some areas seem to get better at it over time(and a few other worst as they went along) even with the little flaws i still really want it.

Its starting looking like the 1/100 VF-0 is going in that same folder as the Yf-19 FP

please do not say that.... :(

Edited by zeo-mare

So once the 1/48 GBP Armor is released (IF it's released) that's it? Wham. Bam. Thank you maam.

hopefully not maybe we will get real lucky and after that they will release the rest of the VF's and maybe a few Destroids. :rolleyes: yea i know but a man can dream cant he. :p

I could care les about the 1/100 VF-0. As a matter of fact, I totally forgot I had a F-14 diecast metal 1/100 scale toy/model in my closet for the longest time. Turns out this thing isn't so big, and the VF-0 is roughly the same size as a tomcat. No my toy is not off scale. Trust me, that 1/100 VF-0 is smaller than many of you might think. 7.5 inch battroid mode is wishful thinking. Being that it is small, it's feel might be similar to that of the banprestos.

It's obvious yamato didn't care for it much, and the fans did niether. Give me quality product like a big ass scopedog, meaning give me a perfect variable big ass VF-0. People bought the scopedog and there was not many complaints. And that thing was huge. A 1/48 VF-0 would be awesome, or to please the naysayers, at least 1/60.

Better yet hopefully bandai got the license, but that is a pipe dream if anything.

So once the 1/48 GBP Armor is released (IF it's released)  that's it? Wham. Bam. Thank you maam.

hopefully not maybe we will get real lucky and after that they will release the rest of the VF's and maybe a few Destroids. :rolleyes: yea i know but a man can dream cant he. :p

Don't forget the Macross or SDF-1 :p:D:lol: !

On the other hand, it is good to point out they are a lot farther along with the VF0 then they were with the 19. We saw the VF0 after all. I am still kinda hoping they are purposely delaying the release of it to match up with the release of another Mac0 DVD. (maybe a new ending, US version, or movie version) Thats my hope at least. In general it does feel like Yamato is gearing down it's Macross stuff. At least Toynami is still doeing Mospeada... :(

I wouldn't be suprised if that is the case. I'm still a little bummed, though. Yamato's last VF-0S prototype was starting to look decent. The transformation is still ass but it was better than nothing. Two years and nothing, what the hell are you doing Yamato?

Apaprently they are approving a US release of M0 according to MAHQ. That's what I read anyway. Is this true?

Say Graham, didn't you say long ago that there was a reason for making a low cost non-perfect TF toy instead of a PT one?

Edited by kensei

Apaprently they are approving a US release of M0 according to MAHQ. That's what I read anyway. Is this true?

Say Graham, didn't you say long ago that there was a reason for making a low cost non-perfect TF toy instead of a PT one?

Where did you hear this news exactly? I tried looking out on MAHQ and pretty much found nothing. M0 can't exactly come over without HG tryna get their little grubby hands on it. Saddly enough, if we really want to see M0 come over to the states we might be forced to it being a Robotech prequel... :ph34r: I really hope that's not the case, though.

This might be wishful thinking, but HG might even just sub it and be nice enough to give it to us as a SDF Macross prequel...or maybe have Manga or Bandai Visual to bring it over here :ph34r:

now sort-of back to topic....I still want my VF-0S and VF-0D!!! :(:(:angry::angry:

if this delay in the release means that yamato is revising and/or making a whole new design, I have no problem with waiting. I don't even mean a little part swapping, but the amount of stuff that needs swapping on the current design is ridiculous, it is almost two whole toys.