Jump to content
no3Ljm

Shoji Kawamori EXPO [5/31 - 6/23, 2019]

Recommended Posts

Promotional video for Shoji Kawamori Expo.

(Originally debuted at Anime Japan last weekend).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be awesome to attend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. I feel blessed to have met this iconic legend many years ago at AX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hot damn look at all those expo exclusive model kits hanging in that pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kawamori San be livin the life:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bandai should’ve lend him an advance copy or the prototype they used for promotion to complete that line up. I mean, that’s Kawamori. His office/production group doesn’t need to buy a copy just to have it display on his exhibit, right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Bandai should’ve lend him an advance copy or the prototype they used for promotion to complete that line up. I mean, that’s Kawamori. His office/production group doesn’t need to buy a copy just to have it display on his exhibit, right?

 

It could be for many reasons, maybe there is only one prototype, and bandai might be using that one prototype, which they didn’t want to risk anything happening to the only one they had..

or they already broke it!

or it was plain logistics issues that the expo couldn’t source one in time, since it’s not widely released 

or it was on purpose since that display was only for toys released so far. Which is a logical reason if the expo doesn’t want to overstep bandai’s marketing machine and rob bandai of their only one prototype display somewhere else whilst the expo is running ...

take ur pick ...:unknw:

Edited by seti88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome.:good:

Didn’t he design the large Bike//Tank in Pandora?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

yup...i actually quite liked the bike mecha over the rest...

p2_mode01.png.b6da10e97b75e204f0963ec61e7e7237.png.7c24739371b86b4f540549196c1b2e40.pngp2_mode02.png.036b1de176833a7f387f88fc5282ae88.png.4b82027d5992db2cb5f61056ed574536.pngp2_mode03.png.f651c4947dcf9bf6ecac452d6fe0e65f.png.603f3b4f4e44773a2556069f4afaad04.png

The only point i would otherwise make is that it needs more humanoid touch. A bike is more in tune with a humanoid, from size and use method perspective. 

There needs to be an actual humanoid factor in bike mecha design, as evidenced by mospeada and BGC....

 

 

Edited by seti88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, seti88 said:

yup...i actually quite liked the bike mecha over the rest...

Same .

23 minutes ago, seti88 said:

There needs to be an actual humanoid factor in bike mecha design, as evidenced by mospeada and BGC....

This mech is reminiscent, to me , of the early Makoto Kobayuki works  in Hobby Japan . Circa late 80’s Though very different overall in design, the idea of a pilot inside an armored motor bike is the same result. 

This picture below, I love the designs here over the years..

Check Gunhead holding it down. ;)

77F55AB9-AD19-464C-B042-2048AE6308D1.jpeg.fe0d516c14e24646546eb2da15b090fa.jpeg

Too bad it’s not a high rez pic..

Also , can’t wait to hear more about this event from the podcast crew..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, seti88 said:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/772352/

There is a future section too....it seems kawamori-san is looking into BIKES!...

99c927f04b107d75d23cf81b69e0f006-3-440x293.jpg.e023d39f6e1073e7bff2c3741430e8b4.jpg

VB - Variable Bike, anyone? :)

Mixel joints?  Yes! Go, Kawamori-san, devine their ways.  Learn their language.  Gives us new prose to admire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't he design the bikes in Genesis Climber Mospeada?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aramaki designed the bikes from Mospeada, bubblegum crisis, megazone, and others 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sir Galahad® said:

When you realize there is no VF-17 in there.

GAMLIN KICK!

Uggh.  Not even her more popular cousin, that debutante, the 171. 

I feel like Gamlin kicked me in the reproductives.

But why though?  He did design it, right?  Seems odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

171s are in the lower right hand corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jenius said:

171s are in the lower right hand corner.

There they are. My bad.  I was expecting the (for me) more iconic blue color scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Uggh.  Not even her more popular cousin, that debutante, the 171. 

I feel like Gamlin kicked me in the reproductives.

But why though?  He did design it, right?  Seems odd.

Yup. In toy forms, it's missing VF-17's and VF-11's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came back from the expo in this rainy weather. Interesting to see all his design sketches and storyboards from his various works. The Aquarion Lego was pretty big! Was doing fine until a huge bottleneck started by the unfinished/dropped projects. Went to check it out and seems the man himself was giving a private tour. Couldn't understand anything he said but it was interesting when he was by his desk display. Finished with him taking pics with the people with the red bike. Didn't take any pics though as I wasn't sure if I was out of the no camera area and didn't want to be rude. Bought some expo stuff but most of the stuff I wanted was sold out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least you were there..:yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 3:38 PM, Bolt said:

Same .

This mech is reminiscent, to me , of the early Makoto Kobayuki works  in Hobby Japan . Circa late 80’s Though very different overall in design, the idea of a pilot inside an armored motor bike is the same result. 

This picture below, I love the designs here over the years..

Check Gunhead holding it down. ;)

77F55AB9-AD19-464C-B042-2048AE6308D1.jpeg.fe0d516c14e24646546eb2da15b090fa.jpeg

Too bad it’s not a high rez pic..

Also , can’t wait to hear more about this event from the podcast crew..

Hopefully we'll be getting some thoughts down soon. Just waiting for the Expo to wrap up (this Sunday) first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tochiro said:

Hopefully we'll be getting some thoughts down soon. Just waiting for the Expo to wrap up (this Sunday) first.

Did they happen to have a sample copy of the book that seems to have been available for purchase via PO?

d0f90d86799afbccea4e64ae13629.png

Hoping to get one once they actually get published.  The previous Kawamori exhibit companion book proved to be hard to come by when it first came out and now hardly ever shows up on auction or Mandarake.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I checked but there was no sample yet unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks...hope someone in your crew ordered one...if I can't source one for myself, it would be nice to at least see some of what is in it.  Should be a great book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tochiro said:

Hopefully we'll be getting some thoughts down soon. Just waiting for the Expo to wrap up (this Sunday) first.

Right on :good:

30 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Did they happen to have a sample copy of the book that seems to have been available for purchase via PO?

d0f90d86799afbccea4e64ae13629.png

Hoping to get one once they actually get published.  The previous Kawamori exhibit companion book proved to be hard to come by when it first came out and now hardly ever shows up on auction or Mandarake.

 

Very coolB))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there plans to release any sort of bluray covering this event? That'd be awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 12:40 PM, jvmacross said:

Did they happen to have a sample copy of the book that seems to have been available for purchase via PO?

d0f90d86799afbccea4e64ae13629.png

Hoping to get one once they actually get published.  The previous Kawamori exhibit companion book proved to be hard to come by when it first came out and now hardly ever shows up on auction or Mandarake.

 

Please somebody post a preorder link for this T_T

*edit Preferably Amazon JP or CDJapan or HLJ

Edited by hachi
edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...