Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

Everyone talking about SSP from NY...anyone get their second run Missile sets from them yet? I ordered one of each as backup from NY and I’m not worried about getting them but just curious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Everyone talking about SSP from NY...anyone get their second run Missile sets from them yet? I ordered one of each as backup from NY and I’m not worried about getting them but just curious. 

I got my four sets almost two weeks ago. I requested a shipping update to UPS, paid the new invoice, got them just a few days later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I got my four sets almost two weeks ago. I requested a shipping update to UPS, paid the new invoice, got them just a few days later. 

Ok cool. So they have them and if I really wanted, I could nudge them to send mine. Good to know, thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 2 sets of SSPs with NY for the longest time now (made the order June 2019). After reading the thread here, I had a live chat session with the CS. They'll expedite my order. Hopefully will see the order shipped out soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to list these here.

On Jungle:

DX Hikaru's 1s for 25.3k yen (Grade B) - https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/443373

DX Missile set for 6,050 yen (Grade B) - https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/443395

* I believe that they might keep it for you until shipping is resumed to overseas * 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, borgified said:

Going to list these here.

On Jungle:

DX Hikaru's 1s for 25.3k yen (Grade B) - https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/443373

DX Missile set for 6,050 yen (Grade B) - https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/443395

* I believe that they might keep it for you until shipping is resumed to overseas * 

Those seem like pretty decent prices. Especially for the missile set.

Tempting, but I think I'll hold out for re-issues and try to get the SSP and missile set in one go to save on the ridiculous shipping prices these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've sent in a pair of tickets about changing my shipping method, but apparently they weren't attracted enough to my request about "shipping options."

Do I need to literally say "I want to give you more money to ship my overdue order from a year ago"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've sent in a pair of tickets about changing my shipping method, but apparently they weren't attracted enough to my request about "shipping options."

Do I need to literally say "I want to give you more money to ship my overdue order from a year ago"?

Probably. It might also help if you send them a picture of yourself doing a dogeza as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okini Land upgraded my shipping for 4x missile sets to DHL for free. :wub:

Still waiting for 3x SSP sets fron NY, they offered to upgrade to UPS but it was too expensive. I might ask to change the shipping to ferry instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an email from AJ saying it will be delivered today, I go to the site and track the package there and it says 

Friday, July 24 12:23 AM
Out for delivery

Thursday, July 23 10:10 PM
Out for delivery

3:36 PM
Your package has left the carrier facility

So hopefully it's being delivered today by either UPS or USPS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Christmas in july!  I hope you'll post up  pictures and your impressions on it as well...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Everyone talking about SSP from NY...anyone get their second run Missile sets from them yet? I ordered one of each as backup from NY and I’m not worried about getting them but just curious. 

 

I ordered the second wave missiles.

Used the subject line in contact trick everyone has been talking about. I don't have them 'in hand yet' but they've sent them. I just said send by ferry cause $45 shipping on $60 worth of goods, especially just Missiles.. I just couldn't say YES this time.  But they left and have been bouncing around various parts of Japan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, borgified said:

Going back to the olden days.. I peeked onto this this site when it was named Shawn's and Graham's Macrossworld and one the sides (either left or right), Valkyrie-Exchange (now gone) was one of the sponsors.

I remember this site when I had to pre-order HMR Roy's 1s with the stand from NY. Some of the members here got through the first initial batch with no issues and didn't pay the additional fee to get it shipped. I was on the second batch, had to wait for a restock and paid additional difference for the newer stock and waited close to two/three weeks before it got shipped. 

Didn't go onto this site any more until December 2017 and the rest is history. ;)    

Edit: Skimmed DYRL quickly. Milia's Q-Rau missiles deflected off Max's 1s while transformation from Battroid to Jet Mode.

Valkrie Exhange is a user here, (i don't know if he currently posts or active recently) he was selling a bunch of stuff in the sales section a few years ago after closing down his site. I think his sales thread may be still in the sales section.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Valkrie Exhange is a user here, (i don't know if he currently posts or active recently) he was selling a bunch of stuff in the sales section a few years ago after closing down his site. I think his sales thread may be still in the sales section.  

Kevin Lam is his name.  I remember when he started to step away from his internet business when his daughter was born.  Hell I bet she's in college now lol.

 

Great guy by the way; I remember when my Yamato '21 FP didnt come with instructions or a decal sheet and he sacrificed ones out of his own collection for me and sent them out the next day.  Now that was service...

Edited by myk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Kevin, I bought tons of stuff from him. Really great guy!!!

From Montecito, CA if I remember right.

My 1D v1 came with no sticker sheet and he offered to send me one (no need to cause I had from all the other v1's).

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I kinda miss those days. Kevin Lam of Valk Exchange and Jerry Tsai of VF1x.com. Got my first yammies from them back in the day.

Edited by Duymon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok ok, I love all this nostalgia but what does this have to do with DX 1/48 again?

 

 

 

 

....sorry, I'm gonna be that guy who calls it out.  Notifications are lighting up for nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Ok ok, I love all this nostalgia but what does this have to do with DX 1/48 again?

 

 

 

 

....sorry, I'm gonna be that guy who calls it out.  Notifications are lighting up for nothing.

 

Better discussion points than N-Y in this thread...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, treatment said:

 

Better discussion points than N-Y in this thread...

Which I created a dedicated thread for as a solution.  Want me to create a dedicated thread for "Back in my day" or "I remember when I joined 20 years ago..." or "Bob was a really great guy...?"  I don't just complain; I offer alternatives. :hi:8P

But yeah, it is much better than complaining about NY!!  Haha... I do appreciate that.  It would be cool to get back on topic though, and all kidding aside, it wouldn't be a bad idea for someone to create a thread to just bs about foregone days.  I totally get it, and it's fun to reminisce about things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You never know.

Kevin and the other former vendors might just encourage them to restart their old Valk distro-business given the various shenanigans that N-Y, NinNin, or whoever has been griefing everybody else here about the 1/48 DX and parts...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, treatment said:

You never know.

Kevin and the other former vendors might just encourage them to restart their old Valk distro-business given the various shenanigans that N-Y, NinNin, or whoever has been griefing everybody else here about the 1/48 DX and parts...

 

Totally.  I mean, we go off-topic all the time in this thread.  It's one of the things I like about MW - it's not moderated so tightly that every little thing is censored like in other groups.  But, to be fair, this has been going on for days and not isolated to convo you're referring to.

I would love another means to acquire DX valks too.  Count me in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Ok ok, I love all this nostalgia but what does this have to do with DX 1/48 again?

OK let me make an "on topic" post to crowdsource some ideas for the DX Alaska Base 1A project.

Question 1: As long as we are making some decals, we might as well really go for it. So far I am thinking replace the "SDF-1" with Alaska Base, and replace Prometheus with "Grand Cannon" maybe? Also would need a fitting squad name instead of Vermillion. I was thinking Grizzly 2, Grizzly 3, Grizzly 4 markings (I feel like Grizzly Leader would be in a 1J). It would also be cool if each Alaska base custom had a unique pilot name and rank fitting a 1A pilot. Also there would need to be new white UN SPACY for the legs, which will be painted green (It would still be Spacy right? That's Space + Navy) Any other ideas for decals?

Question 2: It would make the Alaska Base custom a lot easier to make if the shoulder armor was removable. It appears to be glued on. Has anyone attempted to remove this part for some reason? Or perhaps a similar part on a different figure? Or know of any effective but safe solvents? Any advice would be much appreciated!

 

photo credits @jenius

image.png

Edited by RedComet
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Why are you sticking with NY? 

Eh, I'm not sure I really am.  I mean, I think it's important to know what you are getting into with NY - that they DO NOT have the stock they are selling, and it might take them a substantial amount of time to fill your order, so anyone here considering them should take that into consideration when purchasing from them.

And, even that would be okay, if they would just communicate, but they seem to have a disdain for their customers. 

I was going to write them off, but there are a few strong defenders here, that I thought "eh, maybe they are right", so I decided to try them again with the SSP, but I'm seeing the same pattern, I now know what to expect from them.  I think I will eventually get them, but jesus, if they would just respond and say "yes, it will take a few months longer to get supply" that would be fine.  I don't mind waiting as long as they come through, but I hate being left in the dark, and that is their standard operating procedure.

I feel like there should be a list of storefronts that are separated into a few categories:
1)  Stores that sell what they have been allocated
2)  Stores that sell betting that they can buy them on secondary markets and fulfill your order (selling what they don't have allocated)
3)  Stores to be avoided

1 is where you want to buy from
2 should be considered only with full knowledge of what you are getting into
3 should never be purchased from

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Everyone talking about SSP from NY...anyone get their second run Missile sets from them yet? I ordered one of each as backup from NY and I’m not worried about getting them but just curious. 

 

I mentioned in this forum recently that I received a second run missile set from NY. I'm in Canada so I was able to use EMS and the set arrived in 7 days which is pretty much normal EMS speed so I was very happy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

 

I mentioned in this forum recently that I received a second run missile set from NY. I'm in Canada so I was able to use EMS and the set arrived in 7 days which is pretty much normal EMS speed so I was very happy. 

Cool, good to know. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Man I really hope later on we get M&M 1J sets as tamashii web specials. Would hate to have to fight the F5 war for those.

i hope they come with fast packs. but i doubt it. 

Bandai will sell us seperate individual Max and Miria super packs as they did with Frontier/Delta fast packs per valk.  You can be sure they will be tamashii web specials.

:unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet that's prolly how it would end up :/

on a side note... my DYRL SSP order was created 13 months ago at NY..... wonder what would happen if I asked them for store credit and then applied it to a TV SP order LUL

Edited by Duymon
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I bet that's prolly how it would end up :/

on a side note... my DYRL SSP order was created 13 months ago at NY..... wonder what would happen if I asked them for store credit and then applied it to a TV SP order LUL

Don't do it.  They won't apply your store credit to shipping, and if you don't order enough TV packs to take up the whole total, they won't let you use the credit at all. :rolleyes: 

I'm going to search out that shipping upcharge tagline to get things moving, but for all that we've been through ordering these packs, they should absolutely send everything for no additional charge.  

Just think... if they had actually done what people paid them to do, and placed the SSP order during the first wave, we would have all gotten our packs last winter before the current situation started, and wouldn't be in this mess to begin with. <_<

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RedComet said:

OK let me make an "on topic" post to crowdsource some ideas for the DX Alaska Base 1A project.

Question 1: As long as we are making some decals, we might as well really go for it. So far I am thinking replace the "SDF-1" with Alaska Base, and replace Prometheus with "Grand Cannon" maybe? Also would need a fitting squad name instead of Vermillion. I was thinking Grizzly 2, Grizzly 3, Grizzly 4 markings (I feel like Grizzly Leader would be in a 1J). It would also be cool if each Alaska base custom had a unique pilot name and rank fitting a 1A pilot. Also there would need to be new white UN SPACY for the legs, which will be painted green (It would still be Spacy right? That's Space + Navy) Any other ideas for decals?

Question 2: It would make the Alaska Base custom a lot easier to make if the shoulder armor was removable. It appears to be glued on. Has anyone attempted to remove this part for some reason? Or perhaps a similar part on a different figure? Or know of any effective but safe solvents? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Q1: Those ideas sound pretty good. Except for Grand Cannon. It was supposed to be a secret weapon so they probably wouldn't have plastered it on the valks. I'd be more inclined to say put "Alaska Base" on the vertical stabilizers and leave the SDF-1 markings on the thighs blank. Grizzly sounds good. Alternatively, you could also consider Eagle (plenty of bald eagles in Alaska), but it could be rather overused. I've seen customs that used U.N. Navy and U.N. Air Force, but you're pretty safe sticking with U.N. Spacy.

Q2: That's the real dilemma isn't it? Acetone would likely dissolve the super glue or at the very least, soften it, but it also partially reacts with ABS plastic. And even if you were to try to force it open and not care about snapping connecting pegs inside and planned to glue it back together later, I'd be worried about stress marks showing up on the outside and that would be the least of the risks. There are other people with much more expertise in taking apart valks though, so maybe someone else can chime in with some good ideas here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Hikaru DYRL 1S showed up, basically Anymoon's observations/review seems spot on. I only transformed it once, then put it back into fighter mode, where it will forever stay as that's the mode I'm all about, PERIOD. 

Things I like :

1. Tampo detail. Nothing more to say, damn near any marking you ever wished your Yamato VF-1's had, this has in spades.

2. Panel lines. They are nicely done, and I think are finer than I remember my Yamato 1/60 V2's being.


3. Sculpt. IMHO, the sculpt is better than the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 V2's. The sculpt is very well balanced between the different modes, and doesn't seem to make much in the way of compromises of one mode over the other. Fighter mode IS better than the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60's, they seemed to have taken from Yamato in regards to hiding the legs in fighter mode, but the engine legs are a bit sleeker from the side view, mainly the rear engine area, not game changing, but it's enough for me to notice. Look at Anymoon's pictures from their review which shows fighter mode from the side.

The nose/fuselage/canopy is also shaped better, they borrowed from Yamato's 1/48 line, which in my opinion was better shaped than the 1/60 V2's. 

4. Weight. It's got a really nice heft to it which I like.

5. The pilot. What I really like is that the DYRL pilot can grab both control sticks when you have it sitting in the cockpit, a nice touch.

OK. Time for the things I do not like in order from least annoying to the most irksome.

4. Wing flap articulation. Many of you seem to like this because it's like Yamato's 1/48 line and that's fine, but it's one thing I can frankly do without. If you bump it, you'll find yourself straightening it back out. I'd rather not have it at all personally because that would be one less irritating thing to deal with. But that's just me.

3. Head laser articulation. Yet another thing that many of you may like, but it's another thing that I never cared about, nor wanted. And it's yet another thing that if you bump it, you'll find yourself readjusting and wishing that it wasn't there to begin with. 

2. Leg/engine stabilizers do NOT lock into place. It's annoying, because when handling this, this is the thing that you might find yourself having to realign the most. I have NO idea why while they were borrowing things from Yamato's VF-1 playbook that they didn't take a page from them where this is concerned.

4. Arms do not stay up in fighter mode. I find this to be the most irksome thing of all. I can actually overlook the above issues, but this one really annoys me. It's another thing that you would have thought that while going over Yamato's VF-1 playbook, that they would have thought it a good idea to have tabs that actually lock into place.

The tabs that are there I guess were supposed to be friction fit, but the tabs don't even fit tight into the holes on the arms, so there's nothing to keep them from falling down. I don't know why Bandai even bothered having them there in the first place. 

And while we're on the subject, the tabs for the legs in fighter mode don't have locking tabs on them either, just pegs like with the arms, but they do manage to stay in place pretty well, but if you transform this thing a lot, I can see that becoming an issue at some point. 

Having said all that, I'm sure I could maybe coat those arm tabs with something to make them friction fit enough to not be an issue, maybe fingernail polish, I'm not sure. 

Despite these nitpicks, it is very nice, but as others have said, it's not what I'd call a game changer. Since I now have Hikaru's 1S, once I get my TV Roy 1S in, I'm done. 1/48 scale is pretty big and I just don't have the room to own a bunch of these. 

Edited by Kyp Durron
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...