BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

I gave it another look at Manda after @Kicker773posted his.

Here it is:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1119978209&ref=list&dispCount=240&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9%201%2F60&lang=en

Sold for 28k yen (package damaged, heavily damaged)

Edit: Took out incorrect member.

Annotation 2020-08-09 004337.png

Annotation 2020-08-09 004548.png

Edited by borgified

So I’ve had my Arcadia YF-19 on the Arcadia clear stand since whenever the stand was released. The other day I took it off to wish around. I went to put it back on the stand and I couldn’t get it to balence. I finally got it to a satisfactory spot and then the call fell off the stand. Looking at it I see the peg has sheared off from the stand. So beware guys.

3AD81D6B-3A23-43C1-8748-4D9844D5B349.jpeg.2f70192ecd32152b9d1ddbf0935bcc43.jpeg

I want to say that's exactly what you should expect using the included stand adapters with any of the Yamato/Arcadia VF-19/YF-19 molds.  They are insanely unbalanced, with a ton of weight located far behind the mount.

I know Yeti made a few adapters that clip around the backplate for a sturdier connection, so I don't know if you might have used one of them.

Either way though, that's very disconcerting.  Any chance you can just screw the peg directly back into the mount?

21 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I want to say that's exactly what you should expect using the included stand adapters with any of the Yamato/Arcadia VF-19/YF-19 molds.  They are insanely unbalanced, with a ton of weight located far behind the mount.

I know Yeti made a few adapters that clip around the backplate for a sturdier connection, so I don't know if you might have used one of them.

Either way though, that's very disconcerting.  Any chance you can just screw the peg directly back into the mount?

No i don't have a yeti stand and not likely to unless he opens up again. As for screwing the peg, i'm not sure how to do that. You can't come in from underneath. The peg is hollow so maybe can go in through the top but you'd have to use a really small screw. So small that i doubt it would hold the weight. My hope is there someone who made a shapeways replacement for that piece.

52 minutes ago, Sandman said:

No i don't have a yeti stand and not likely to unless he opens up again. As for screwing the peg, i'm not sure how to do that. You can't come in from underneath. The peg is hollow so maybe can go in through the top but you'd have to use a really small screw. So small that i doubt it would hold the weight. My hope is there someone who made a shapeways replacement for that piece.

Put in a countersink using a hand-drill, and use a flat-head screw?

Steps to make the yf-19 tailfin stronger. what I can make of it is to use a pin vise to drill and put a pla rod in.

Cant make out the rudder method below, if anyone wants to chime in.

Found via macrossgram insta.

Edited by seti88

3 hours ago, borgified said:

One unit for grabs at 28k yen (unopened, package damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?lang=en&itemCode=1132821208

Snagged it, thanks!

I can't believe it was there for 3hrs. One popped up yesterday but I was doing something and couldn't get the transaction done. And hour later is was sold.:sorry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, betocc said:

Sold out for now..

If anyone still wanting to get a DX YF-19 Full Set, I think @scand has one for grabs on his For Sales thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/9/2020 at 12:54 AM, borgified said:

I gave it another look at Manda after @Kicker773posted his.

Here it is:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1119978209&ref=list&dispCount=240&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9%201%2F60&lang=en

Sold for 28k yen (package damaged, heavily damaged)

Edit: Took out incorrect member.

Annotation 2020-08-09 004337.png

Annotation 2020-08-09 004548.png

I've never seen this upgrade kit before, but...$280 for this?  I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the upper shoulder missile launcher pods.  Those look really cool!

What exactly is the name of this kit?

9 minutes ago, cypherzero said:

I've never seen this upgrade kit before, but...$280 for this?  I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the upper shoulder missile launcher pods.  Those look really cool!

What exactly is the name of this kit?

It's just an add-on kit for Arcadia YF-19 based on his appearance in the Macross Frontier movie where it's equipped with VF-25's Boosters. And the reason why it's expensive because it was limited and it's only available back in Wonder Festival 2014.

And to be honest, I like how the Boosters clipped to this version in Battroid mode than what Bandai did to their DX release and the shoulder missile pods where Bandai is just a cover on the shoulder air intake.

image.jpg

BrdmpsrCAAATzTb.jpg-large.jpeg

Brdn4oRCAAEIr2z.jpg-large.jpeg

There's a booster clip part that @Xigfrid did for the DX version of VF-29 Isamu if you want your DX VF-19 to display the boosters on the side of the wings.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/QE36W94LX/vf-19-boosters-clips

710x528_21500854_11666096_1513160532_1_0

Edited by no3Ljm

I wonder if someone made a 3D print for the shoulder missile pods on Shapeways?  Speaking of 3D printing, there was a post a few years back of another member who made a component in place of the swing bars, so that the wings could swing back, similar to what the Yamato versions did.

I just bought a used Arcadia YF-19 from Mandrake and so I'm hoping to make the same upgrade to remove those swing bars, if they have the same 'floppy wing' issue.

57 minutes ago, cypherzero said:

I wonder if someone made a 3D print for the shoulder missile pods on Shapeways?  Speaking of 3D printing, there was a post a few years back of another member who made a component in place of the swing bars, so that the wings could swing back, similar to what the Yamato versions did.

I just bought a used Arcadia YF-19 from Mandrake and so I'm hoping to make the same upgrade to remove those swing bars, if they have the same 'floppy wing' issue.

Wings swinging back, meaning the high speed mode, correct? If so, Yamato didn't have that feature. Only Arcadia and Bandai did IIRC.

8 minutes ago, cypherzero said:

Yes, I was referring to the Arcadia version, with those metallic swing bars.  I've taken it out of the box and played with the wings a bit.  Not really comfortable with its design, especially when mounted missiles are involved.

Ok. I think I've found what your looking for regarding the wing mechanism. It's a custom part modification by @Chronocidal back in 2017. Click the link below.

Hope that helps. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

@no3Ljm Thanks for finding the link for me!

Let me know if the metal mounts aren't available, I was messing with the Sculpteo site the other day, and it wasn't behaving for me.  You -can- use the POM ones, but they take a little bit of filing of the long straight edge to fit around the legs.  Those were a first attempt, and needed adjustment.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Let me know if the metal mounts aren't available, I was messing with the Sculpteo site the other day, and it wasn't behaving for me.  You -can- use the POM ones, but they take a little bit of filing of the long straight edge to fit around the legs.  Those were a first attempt, and needed adjustment.

You're welcome sir! ;)

I haven't done any customizing on my YF-19. At the moment they're just resting in the box. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome sir! ;)

I haven't done any customizing on my YF-19. At the moment they're just resting in the box. :rolleyes:

Speaking of customizing, I bought a used Yamato YF-19 and repainted it into a VF-19A.  Almost done, need to fix the broken shoulder joint, and apply a matte clear coat to a few parts...and then I'm done.  I guess I should post some pics on the board.

Just now, cypherzero said:

Speaking of customizing, I bought a used Yamato YF-19 and repainted it into a VF-19A.  Almost done, need to fix the broken shoulder joint, and apply a matte clear coat to a few parts...and then I'm done.  I guess I should post some pics on the board.

Cool cool cool! Looking forward to see that. ;)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

And to be honest, I like how the Boosters clipped to this version in Battroid mode than what Bandai did to their DX release and the shoulder missile pods where Bandai is just a cover on the shoulder air intake.

To be fair, it's not clear whether those are missile pods at all. Depicting them as such was a logical inference on the part of the modeler, given the placement and shape of the new armor parts, their derivation from the VF-25's Super equipment, etc. But they end up being a bit bulbous in the process; likely the modeler was working off of mainly just the movie footage, which IIRC never gives a good look at the height of those new armor pieces. Once official pics of the VF-19EF/A's 3D model were released, it became apparent that those parts were  rather inconspicuous in design, following the existing lines and curves of the VF fairly closely.

Packing missiles into such a cramped space certainly isn't impossible, but it does become more unlikely. And neither the Bandai DX toy nor the Hasegawa model kit, the only two official pieces of merchandise of it, depict them as anything more than slabs of extra armor.

That said, I also like the idea of them being missile launchers, for much the same reasons as the modeler probably did. I don't exactly like their premise to begin with - slapping VF-25 Supers onto a Y/VF-19 - but if they MUST exist, I like them to do so as missile launchers.

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I clicked on the link but there's nothing showing in terms of viewing the file of the parts in question on the website.  If you have a working link to the POM material, I would take those instead.  Filing parts to fit, doesn't faze me as I've worked on many Gundam kits.  ;)