Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

2 hours ago, Golden Arms said:

Nice score SH9000!

Did you back the razor crest?

Today's Haul.

1112202214~2.jpg

Nice! You bought digital and regular versions. :good:

Is it ok to ask why did you buy 2 versions?

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! You bought digital and regular versions. :good:

Is it ok to ask why did you buy 2 versions?

One for me and one for my nephew/brother.  They are both heavy gamers.  

Got this from Pit Viper Studios. I'm not very happy with it. For $360 it's pretty rough. The argument could be made that a custom helmet for $360 isn't bad. But, if I had known it was going to be this rough I would have gladly paid more for a more finished finish. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

IMG_7719.thumb.JPG.762a8031bbbb9a39c12cd5e396c29c5e.JPG

6 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I got an early Christmas present in the mail today! I'm sorry it has HG on the side, but the heart wants what the heart wants..

IMG_1137.JPG

Holy smokes! You got one!!! I can’t wait to see pics of that in a real environment and with scale context! Congrats!

29 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Holy smokes! You got one!!! I can’t wait to see pics of that in a real environment and with scale context! Congrats!

It might be awhile. One of the booms arrived broken and I’m having fit issues. (The left leg and right arm won’t attach to the body). I think the broken boom is entirely FedEx’s fault but in regards to fit I think I was shipped a mismatched set. The boxes should be numbered  like ‘38-1, 38-2,38-3’ but all my boxes have a different number set. I’ve already emailed them and am waiting on a reply. Sucks but it is what it is at the moment.  I’ll upload more pictures tomorrow after work. 

3 hours ago, Grey728 said:

It might be awhile. One of the booms arrived broken and I’m having fit issues. (The left leg and right arm won’t attach to the body). I think the broken boom is entirely FedEx’s fault but in regards to fit I think I was shipped a mismatched set. The boxes should be numbered  like ‘38-1, 38-2,38-3’ but all my boxes have a different number set. I’ve already emailed them and am waiting on a reply. Sucks but it is what it is at the moment.  I’ll upload more pictures tomorrow after work. 

Aw man, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully they get you sorted ASAP!

Hopefully it's not so awesome..........that I get one!:lol:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Paging @Slave IV.

You might want to start chasing this one down for your collection and it might match with the Lego version of it.  :acute:

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Already got @Slave IV one of my spare HW Audi Sport Quattros.

C863FE0B-8FC7-47B6-9F23-A46D6BFCC7FA.thumb.jpeg.4164749d866d8b38f8ccc9cd15118a6e.jpeg

GI Joe Retro Storm Shadow x3.

Yeah, need that Sport quattro bad! Thanks @sh9000!

Edited by Slave IV

@sqidd

I took a bunch of pictures of my 1/1200 SDF-1. You can find them all here. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15yqUQqbHpNP4e6v121I3TjZRFq3IdBvq?usp=sharing

Basically, the item arrived damaged with the right shoulder boom snapped in half during shipping which is unfortunate. On top of that the item was shipped in three separate boxes that should be a set. Unfortunately mine came from different sets and I couldn't properly put it together. The right leg and the left arm won't plug into the main body. Even if I didn't have a broken piece, this fit issue alone would have prevented me from enjoying the item fully as I can't assemble it. The AC plug that lights the item is in the right leg, but I couldn't plug it in enough to light up the rest of the statue. 

Anyways, from head to toe, the SDF-1 stands at about 25 inches to the top of the antenna and about 34 inches to the very top of the shoulder booms. The base adds 5 inches more in height for a total of 39 inches. I have placed picture in my Google Drive folder for anyone to take a look at that might be interested.

I purchased this at BigBadToyStore and they have been gracious enough to accept a refund and pay for return shipping as they don't have any additional units to replace mine. That being said, I still really like this piece and I might just try again and buy direct from Kids Logic. I'm currently asking them what their return/replacement policy is in case I run into problems again.

IMG_1161.JPG

Edited by Grey728
link
2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

@sqidd

I took a bunch of pictures of my 1/1200 SDF-1. You can find them all here. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15yqUQqbHpNP4e6v121I3TjZRFq3IdBvq?usp=sharing

Basically, the item arrived damaged with the right shoulder boom snapped in half during shipping which is unfortunate. On top of that the item was shipped in three separate boxes that should be a set. Unfortunately mine came from different sets and I couldn't properly put it together. The right leg and the left arm won't plug into the main body. Even if I didn't have a broken piece, this fit issue alone would have prevented me from enjoying the item fully as I can't assemble it. The AC plug that lights the item is in the right leg, but I couldn't plug it in enough to light up the rest of the statue. 

Anyways, from head to toe, the SDF-1 stands at about 25 inches to the top of the antenna and about 34 inches to the very top of the shoulder booms. The base adds 5 inches more in height for a total of 39 inches. I have placed picture in my Google Drive folder for anyone to take a look at that might be interested.

I purchased this at BigBadToyStore and they have been gracious enough to accept a refund and pay for return shipping as they don't have any additional units to replace mine. That being said, I still really like this piece and I might just try again and buy direct from Kids Logic. I'm currently asking them what their return/replacement policy is in case I run into problems again.

IMG_1161.JPG

My heart crashed after seeing those broken pieces. :cray:  I'm just glad that BBTS worked out with you well. Their customer service is a top notch.

Tears aside, I really like your display cabinet and collections. They're awesome. :good:

After seeing the pics, I am going to open and verify mine, this weekend..  I hope mine is ok..  Thank you for your post.  

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

My heart crashed after seeing those broken pieces. :cray:  I'm just glad that BBTS worked out with you well. Their customer service is a top notch.

Tears aside, I really like your display cabinet and collections. They're awesome. :good:

26 minutes ago, ominous said:

After seeing the pics, I am going to open and verify mine, this weekend..  I hope mine is ok..  Thank you for your post.  

Make sure your numbers are sequential. The smallest box is just the base and the electronics so it doesn't matter what group that came from. The bottom two should be 'XX-2' and 'XX-3'. If not you may have some fit issues like I did.

My new toy.. 1/6 scale replica Dragon's Lair.

One of my favorite arcade games from the 80's. I still remember the first time I saw and played it when I was a little kid. No one had ever seen anything like it.....

20201127-214638.jpg

20201127-214725.jpg

59 minutes ago, DyNo said:

My new toy.. 1/6 scale replica Dragon's Lair.

One of my favorite arcade games from the 80's. I still remember the first time I saw and played it when I was a little kid. No one had ever seen anything like it.....

20201127-214638.jpg

20201127-214725.jpg

This is cool! I'm having some serious Nostalgia right now. B))