Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Guest davidwhangchoi

the first photos has the yamato design so it will transform.
(there is no sense of having the hook in the back for gerwalk mode but only for battroid.) so based on the photos it looks promising.

please finish releasing the Max and Miriya supers as well as the VT-1 with unbroken shoulders.

But regardless, i don't think they are going to release the vf-1d w/ option parts again for a while as well as the other 30th anniversary just released.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

the first photos has the yamato design so it will transform.

(there is no sense of having the hook in the back for gerwalk mode but only for battroid.) so based on the photos it looks promising.

please finish releasing the Max and Miriya supers as well as the VT-1 with unbroken shoulders.

But regardless, i don't think they are going to release the vf-1d w/ option parts again for a while as well as the other 30th anniversary just released.

well....DYRL's 30th Anniversary is in 2014..... :rolleyes:

if they could slap 30th stickers onto the boxes of DYRL valks...nothing should stop them from doing the same with TV valks during DYRL's 30th in 2014.... ^_^

Edited by jvmacross

Guest davidwhangchoi

well, i hope so too! i think someone got it right that arcadia is not saying anything to drive up demand. This is similar to when new consoles are about to be released, they will not announce it early even if it all finished in production as it will kill the demand for current gen console sales.

Guest davidwhangchoi

if they could slap 30th stickers onto the boxes of DYRL valks...nothing should stop them from doing the same with TV valks during DYRL's 30th in 2014.... ^_^

i think for the vf-1s tv they just slapped on a sticker and threw in some option parts.

but for the vf-1s roy movie, they redesigned the box to no longer have a flap and window to match the other recent releases with no window.

since it's arcadia, i guess they can just slap on arcadia stickers over the yamato names and re-use the boxes, lol

all kidding aside, i hope they release everything again but carefully not to devalue the collectible charm of our valks but not to the extent of bandai's limited numbers, where they are letting scalpers buy up everything and dictate the market.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Depends, a lot of us scrambled to try and complete our collection. Some willing to pay horribly marked up prices.

What if a lot of people end up spending a lot more than expected, finish their collection and then Arcadia releases reissues but they have already spend too much or have no need for more valks, will they buy it??? Double edge sword.

If Arcadia would announce something a lot of us would just wait to give Arcadia our full support and not have to resort to this f*cking scalpers.

Don't understand why all the secrecy. Stupid legal mombo jombo!

There's no info on Arcadia's site about any Macross product, yet that Temjin 30th scheme was seen at their Wonder Festival 2013 booth four months ago, along with a few other upcoming Macross products.

Farewell Yamato, hello Arcadia of my youth, It's just visible cropped on the far left.

They don't usually allow photography at booths as they sell exclusive content to magazines. Much the same way that Graham was asked not to discuss upcoming products until magazine pictures/content had been publicly released.

Woah, it's not Yamato or Arcadia's fault people are panicking and paying out the ass for old product that was at one time on discount. I'd rather take a leap of faith, and hold on to my money, then panic and spend way too much for what maybe become a

inferior product.

Business doesn't typically release press statements all the time, and due to the fact there hasn't been an actual news report, or a financial article discussing the Yamato demise, or Arcadia replacement, should speak volumes. Website down.. new server, Old Building cleared out.. they moved. Arcadia not releasing hard information...not much is going to change.

Other than the rumor that Yamato employees are working at Arcadia, there's absolutely zero things that you should panic about.

however if they do start re-releasing..

Fanbase

tumblr_lscg7a86oJ1qa750u.jpg

if the 1/60 is to continue, and they will promise the VT and others with OP, then I'll buy every ugly bird in the way just to make sure they survive. Still, this paint scheme, aint exactly the best way to test a new market.... it's like a Nascar made a Baby with a F-14, and it came out retarded...

Also, wtf Arcadia, do you really have a line of underage looking dolls named philia, like the other half of Pedophilia... uh...whaaaa

Edited by skullmilitia

Guest davidwhangchoi

who's panicking? not me:P (well, i'm going to go over to the panic thread and look at it every hour and going to buy some more valks just in case they won't make anymore)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

btw, in case there's any lingering doubt, a few things i gleaned from the japanese text. the first pic mentions that this is a joint venture between arcadia and hasegawa, and arcadia and hasegawa will be releasing their own variations of this product. the first pic is mentioned as arcadia's version, and does appear to be a 1/60 v2. the 2nd pic is hasegawa's version, which is clearly stated to be a 1/72 model kit.

it's like a Nascar made a Baby with a F-14, and it came out retarded...

LOL, Quote of the month.

Now that the VF-1 with option parts is pretty much perfect and how well their PT engineering is as shown with the VF-19's and VF-4, I will also buy every valk they make. Except the VF-19 Kai and anything Basara touched. Althought I would buy a VF-11 MAXL and put it in my coffee table for a huge laugh when friends come to visit.

btw, in case there's any lingering doubt, a few things i gleaned from the japanese text. the first pic mentions that this is a joint venture between arcadia and hasegawa, and arcadia and hasegawa will be releasing their own variations of this product. the first pic is mentioned as arcadia's version, and does appear to be a 1/60 v2. the 2nd pic is hasegawa's version, which is clearly stated to be a 1/72 model kit.

That's a good sign, if they make any PE valk, it means they have the licensing still, and the panic thread can be closed.

and no I'm not joking, if they make one, they'll make more.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's a good sign, if they make any PE valk, it means they have the licensing still, and the panic thread can be closed.

and no I'm not joking, if they make one, they'll make more.

agree, but semi, bc some valks may not get reprinted or may take a while before they will. There is some uncertainty with the obscure valks such as the vf-1j mass, vf-x, virgin road, if they will ever get released again.

you can sure bet the vf-1s roy and all other best selling will be released again.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'd say it also brings back hope of the VF-0 V2 and the YF-19 renewal.

I can say I don't really care for the only repaints, but if they held onto the molds.

then I expect a VF-4 repaint, and the rest of the Standard valks to be released with OP.. Max, Miriya, Kaki, VT.. ect.

Iconic valks would be the best place to start.

Woah, it's not Yamato or Arcadia's fault people are panicking and paying out the ass for old product that was at one time on discount. I'd rather take a leap of faith, and hold on to my money, then panic and spend way too much for what maybe become a

inferior product.

I couldn't agree more here. People are just desperate to fork out these arbitrary prices in fear that these Valkyries will never ever get another round! I mean, the molds are there and I'm pretty sure there's much more mulah to be made. Personally, I have the cash but I'm not willing to dish out that kind of money even if I'm trying to complete a few Valkyries I missed out on.

Edited by Agent-GHQ

agree, but semi, bc some valks may not get reprinted or may take a while before they will. There is some uncertainty with the obscure valks such as the vf-1j mass, vf-x, virgin road, if they will ever get released again.

you can sure bet the vf-1s roy and all other best selling will be released again.

They should just make those obscure valks "made to order" like the vf-4 was.

I can honestly say that all I really want at this point is a YF-19 that matches the quality and fit of the VF-19s.

Re-releases of some of the rare ones would be nice, and I'd still grab a Virgin Road or VF-X, but I think the YF-19 is the single valk in the 1/60 line most in need of a complete redesign.

A redesigned VF-0 would be nice I guess, but I don't think it needs it nearly as badly as the YF-19.

They should just make those obscure valks "made to order" like the vf-4 was.

if it means profitability, like bandai, then they should make everything "made to order"

The VF-4 was obviously a success because they opt'd to make another run.

There'd be less over stock, but you wouldn't have the Emo pre-orders like you do with Bandai.

it's a win win,

How is paying a lot more winning..? :unsure:

Web exclusives work for lower demand or more obscure valks/products that retailers are reluctant to carry.

I've never had a problem pre-ordering Yamato products, except for exclusives, which fortunately HLJ were able to carry later.

Jem and the Holograms discover variable fighter technology. Gawddddd...who buys these things???

It's all about the Misfits anyway! Mom says girls like that are easy so I'd be on board that train! ;)

I tried reading what I could from the Japanese and in parenthesis, it reads "The Arcadia version only will be introduced this time"

Even if Arcadia continues the Yamato molds, the 30th Anniversary plane they are starting with is ugly as crap.

Hmm. You are in Japan, but you don't read Japanese? <_<

If this is indeed from latest Hyper Hobby magazine, the meaning is huge!!

This is announcement of first Arcadia Macross item!!!!!!! It's design is supervised by Kawamori and designed by Tenjin (same design as Hasegawa 1/72 model kit)

Some quick translation

* It's VF-1J model (suitable for 30th anniversary model since Hikaru's first model was 'J')

*While the color reminds of Movie version of Hikaru, we haven't decided who pilots this.

*Design is WIP version. It might change as we get the prototype.

*This project is in conjunction with Hasegawa Plastic Model which is in different scale

*This time, we are only introducing Arcadia version. It will have a bunch of gimmicks with high play value!. Details will be revealed with prototype pictures.

It doesn't say what scale or any connection with Yamato (sounds like intentional)

Unless the article was written by some dumb guy who never seen Yamato Macross stuff, it sounds like it has new gimmick - new mold?)

It sounds like the prototype pics will be revealed pretty soon. (it looks like the writer has seen the prototype (or picture of prototype)

My hope is up now!! 500%!!!!!

Some quick translation

* It's VF-1J model (suitable for 30th anniversary model since Hikaru's first model was 'J')

just want to reiterate, so there is no confusion. by model, kyekye means this is the J TYPE or VARIANT, just as Hikaru's first custom valk was a J TYPE or VARIANT.

no where in the text does it say whether this is a toy or a model, although the pictures very much look to be a 1/60 v2. also the gimmicks and high play value comment does make it seem like they are hinting that this is a PT toy and not a model.

Edited by cyde01

Hmm. You are in Japan, but you don't read Japanese? <_<

If this is indeed from latest Hyper Hobby magazine, the meaning is huge!!

This is announcement of first Arcadia Macross item!!!!!!! It's design is supervised by Kawamori and designed by Tenjin (same design as Hasegawa 1/72 model kit)

Some quick translation

*While the color reminds of Movie version of Hikaru, we haven't decided who pilots this.

*Design is WIP version. It might change as we get the prototype.

*This project is in conjunction with Hasegawa Plastic Model which is in different scale

*This time, we are only introducing Arcadia version. It will have a bunch of gimmicks with high play value!. Details will be revealed with prototype pictures.

It doesn't say what scale or any connection with Yamato (sounds like intentional)

Unless the article was written by some dumb guy who never seen Yamato Macross stuff, it sounds like it has new gimmick - new mold?)

It sounds like the prototype pics will be revealed pretty soon. (it looks like the writer has seen the prototype (or picture of prototype)

My hope is up now!! 500%!!!!!

In his defense it's a hell of a lot easier to speak Japanese then it is to read it. That was what I experienced anyway.

just want to reiterate, so there is no confusion. by model, kyekye means this is the J TYPE or VARIANT, just as Hikaru's first custom valk was a J TYPE or VARIANT.

no where in the text does it say whether this is a toy or a model, although the pictures very much look to be a 1/60 v2. also the gimmicks and high play value comment does make it seem like they are hinting that this is a PT toy and not a model.

Yup. What he said.

Model Type 'J'. not plastic model.

In his defense it's a hell of a lot easier to speak Japanese then it is to read it. That was what I experienced anyway.

Oh. My bad. I didn't see it that way :lol:

For me, it's opposite now. I can still read but I forgot how to speak

うそ、読めて話せないやつなんているのか?

Edited by cyde01

Guest davidwhangchoi

sounds good, today we went from:

no transformation<to just a model by hasegawa<to perhaps a perfect transformation version 2<and now speculating on a prototype that may be a new mold. (why would an old mold be supervised by Kawamori and designed by Tenjin) unless they are referring to the paint scheme?

うそ、読めて話せないやつなんているのか?

Tamaniwa arukamo? :D yareba yoku yatderujan! (sorry no Japanese keyboard here) :D

sounds good, today we went from:

no transformation<to just a model by hasegawa<to perhaps a perfect transformation version 2<and now speculating on a prototype that may be a new mold. (why would an old mold be supervised by Kawamori and designed by Tenjin) unless they are referring to the paint scheme?

They meant paint design scheme.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Tamaniwa arukamo? :D yareba yoku yatderujan! (sorry no Japanese keyboard here) :D

They meant paint design scheme.

thanks for the translation:) it really helps us all