Yamato 1/60 Super/Strike parts + Option parts reissue

Swoosh

Guest davidwhangchoi

i had the rainbow canopy tinted roy dyrl at launch and was really excited when yamato finally updated the crotch locking mechanism to the 1/48 style (i was disappointed the flashlight 20th anniversary roy only fixed the broken shoulders not update the locking mechanism.)

i thought having arcadia's was cool just to be a completionist, and to see how the DYRL will look in brighter white. personally it doesn't look good (pink hues) but got used to it, once i re brought the yamato DYRL off white again. absolutely no pink/ultraviolent hues. i was in love again with the colors.

vf1s_visor.png

arcadia dyrl bright white color (left) vs. yamato dyrl off white color (right)

(thanks technoblue for the comparison shot)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39641&p=1097702

since then, i tested my TV max 1a. and i own 2x hikaru grey goggles, and a hikaru 30th w/ option parts. the whites look.... white.

there may be a slight pink/ultraviolet hue under the light with the yamato TV white but you have to really scrutinize and look carefully where as the arcadia is easily sensitive to pink hues. (you don't have to try) there is absolutely no pink/ultra violet hue in any lighting conditions with the yamato dyrl off-white scheme :wub:

maybe this is arcadia's first run and they were just using up old stock from yamato unpainted kits (my suspicion) which were highly susceptible to pink hues

valkblanc005.jpg

Thanks Erik for showing photos of the unpainted kit in the arcadia 1s thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39641&p=1097665

because certain parts are solid white while some part turn pink under lighting. i'm thinking they just mixed in tv white colored parts with the unpainted assembly kit parts. or my biggest fear is these are all fresh batch made thus this white will be used on all subsequent yamato DYRL/TV white re-releases.

perhaps arcadia's white will br more consistent in their next release. for now, i'm sticking to yamato's until i see more

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

What are you talking about? My Arcadia Hikaru is not pink. Unless you're cramming the thing right up against a light bulb I'm just not seeing it.

mommar, this was discussed a while back.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39641&p=1097491

it's under certain lighting and you don't have to put it right up to a lamp to see it. not during the daytime unless directly under sunlight (as seen in eriku's shot, which i don't recommend.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah, backing up what David is saying a few folks, even those that were initially skeptical like myself saw. I have both the Arcadia Roy and Hikaru VF-1S's and they have that pink hue. Granted it (IMO) wasn't as pronounced as shown in the picture above, but definitely there.

-b.

My poor Arcadia Roy. I bought two because the paint job on my first figure was so sloppy.

I used the sloppy one as my model in the comparison shot above since it was a great way to accent the QC issues. I wasn't intending to imply that all of Arcadia's VF-1 Valkyries are bad with that photo, although more consistency with paint apps and tampo is a very good thing if Arcadia decides to go that way.

For those wondering, I did take the picture under a hot light; however the light was not right on top of the two toys. It was three or four feet away. Mostly, I wanted to compare the two DYRL white colors---going from the greenish Yamato hue to the pinkish Arcadia hue. An unexpected bonus was the effect with the visor.

Also, since my DYRL Yamato Roy is the older rainbow canopy version, it is missing a lot of the updates that are found in the 30th anniversary edition. I wouldn't call this an exact 1:1 comparison, but color-wise I'm glad it is useful.

Edited by technoblue

pink hues in a 1/60 super parts reissue yamato thread?

egads.

Isn't arcadia suppose to re-issue the supers?

Sorry.

That's the word on the street, or maybe that's the theory on the street.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

pink hues in a 1/60 super parts reissue yamato thread?

here you go B))

photo5_zpsed7ea26a.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

May I borrow that VF-1A Cavaliers?

-b.

yeah come by my block tonight, just watching the nba gm, what time you coming?

Any chance if we whine here arcadia will reissue the super/strike parts? :)

Hey, there's always a chance. Now the odds of that chance based purely on how much whining we do is another story...

-b.

It's not a matter of if, but when. MrK posted CADs of the reaction missiles on Twitter back in December.

If it's a reissue, why would they need to do CADs? I would assume they would just fire up the molds again. Unless he just did it to tease.

If it's a reissue, why would they need to do CADs? I would assume they would just fire up the molds again. Unless he just did it to tease.

Or he could be modifying the mounting point to fit newly developing project?

It's not a matter of if, but when. MrK posted CADs of the reaction missiles on Twitter back in December.

I'm not sure that post was about the VF-1, actually. I couldn't read the text originally, so maybe someone can confirm, but I don't think it mentioned the VF-1, and it was just a teaser pic. I think they posted actual photos of the missiles too, but at the time, it could have been about the weapons they included with the YF-19 release.

I think the more recent photo of Arcadia's prototypes is just as reassuring though. They had some leg packs molded in transparent blue and red. :)

Besides that though, I really like what Arcadia did with the new style pylons for the YF-19's weapons, so I actually hope they update the VF-1 missiles to use the same system (but with white pylons please ^_^). Everything except those odd green pods with the single fin uses the same pylon shape, so you can actually mix and match some of the weapon mounting styles. The AMRAAM style missiles didn't have much you could do with them, but the reaction missiles, high-maneuvers, and rocket pods all could be swapped in and out, and mounted solo, or in pairs on either style of dual mounting rack.

I actually kind of like mounting the reaction missiles on the side-by-side mounts, instead of the hanging dual racks.

Edited by Chronocidal

I think the more recent photo of Arcadia's prototypes is just as reassuring though. They had some leg packs molded in transparent blue and red. :)

This?

CIMG5060.JPG

I believe that was a Yamato display...sort of a tease of what was in the "pipeline"....so perhaps the transparent red and blue armor meant some special "clear" fast pack re-issue, "extras" to come with the M&M VF-1Js....or just a hint that the M&M VF-1Js were going to be re-released soon.....

Of course, that all died with Yamato.....who knows what Arcadia's business plans are...other than what we already know is coming.....although they are resurrecting the 1/60 FB figurine set.... :rolleyes:

I guess I'm in a dilemma if they release the VF-1 Super/Strike Packs. Should I buy two for my Arcadia Roy and Hikaru or four and hope they release a Max VF-1S and a Kakizaki VF-1A. ^_^

I guess I'm in a dilemma if they release the VF-1 Super/Strike Packs. Should I buy two for my Arcadia Roy and Hikaru or four and hope they release a Max VF-1S and a Kakizaki VF-1A. ^_^

Arcadia already released two VF-1S so the next ones will be VF-1J's Max & Miria.

And Kakizaki... boring character with a boring colour scheme. I would prefer the one in my sig over his.

At this point, I'm ok if they don't re-release all the DYRL valks, I mostly picked up the Arcadia releases for the stands. :)

I wasn't going to originally even get them all, but I got sucked in by an HLJ sale when they discounted the Max and Kakizaki strike bundles. Only one I'm actually missing is the Max 1S, and I still prefer the Yamato off-white, so I might just try and get a spare 1S head for my Max 1A. :lol:

Arcadia really does need to re-release the Super & Strike Parts, but they had also better re-release a DYRL VF-1S Max to match the Roy and Hikaru. I don't care about the DYRL 1A's at all, but they need to at least do the 1S's.

You hear me Arcadia? Do. It. Thank You.

-b.

I think Arcadia was toying around with the idea of releasing VF-1J Max & Miria toys without super parts. The idea would then be that they would reissue the super parts but now include extra bits so you could use them with M&M. That's my theory.

During the re-release of these, I got 5 of them, and am now down to 3. One for Roy, one for Hikaru, and one for whomever else. I hope they do put them out again. When I saw this thread up, I got happy for a second there.