9 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Some MP Dinobot news on TFW2005

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/11/06/takara-mp-41-masterpiece-dinobot-listing-possible-price-353193

Conjecture is that it'll run about $245 USD. I like these MP BW figures, but if that's the going rate, they're getting a little too expensive for my budget.

Yep, pretty absurd. In BW, he was definitely one of the biggest bots, the only bigger in season 1 was Megatron himself, but that price is crazy, MP-36 was bad enough. I shudder at the thought of what an MP BW Megatron would cost from TT, pretty ridiculous stuff, they are pricing themselves out of my interest area.

6 hours ago, Scyla said:

Oh my, after you said that I had to check the thread on TFW. 50 pages of discussions about the procr. That will be a fun read this weekend.

I've been reading all of that :D. Indeed, VERY funny stuff! It also re-affirmed my opinion of TFW2005, a complete and utter crap show, a truly wretched hive of scum, and villainy.

• Like 2

Can anyone speak to the ease of removal of the orange barrel plug for MP-36 Megatron? From what I'm reading, tfsource may be easier to remove when compared to BBTS. Anyone able to speak from experience?

26 minutes ago, HoveringCheesecake said:

Can anyone speak to the ease of removal of the orange barrel plug for MP-36 Megatron? From what I'm reading, tfsource may be easier to remove when compared to BBTS. Anyone able to speak from experience?

Mine literally pulled right out with 0 effort. Wasn't glued or anything. 0 seconds to remove.

17 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Yep, pretty absurd. In BW, he was definitely one of the biggest bots, the only bigger in season 1 was Megatron himself, but that price is crazy, MP-36 was bad enough. I shudder at the thought of what an MP BW Megatron would cost from TT, pretty ridiculous stuff, they are pricing themselves out of my interest area.

I've been reading all of that :D. Indeed, VERY funny stuff! It also re-affirmed my opinion of TFW2005, a complete and utter crap show, a truly wretched hive of scum, and villainy.

Takara's pricing has been gone from good value for what you get and slowly creeping into, "we'll charge whatever we want because fanboys keep giving us money" territory.  I thought Inferno/Grapple were more than their 3P competitors, but not outrageously so. I thought, Shockwave was too much, Primal way too much, and Megatron bordering on extortion. $250 for Dinobot? Apologists can rationalize it however they like, but I think Takara should at least buy BW fans dinner before screwing them that hard.

As for TFW2005, the 3P discussion really isn't active enough here, so I hang out on their 3P board. It's full of people who buy expensive toys and treat any content that doesn't feed their confirmation bias as a personal attack (to be fair, there are some cool people there, too). 

From what I've heard, the board for official toys is much, much worse. I stay clear.

8 hours ago, HoveringCheesecake said:

On mine the plug in the gun barrel was not glued in at all, pulled right out, almost fell out.  The silencer was a different story, it was glued in rather well. I drilled a pilot hole through the center then managed to get it out with a pair of pliers.  Got most of the glue residue off with goo gone after that. Annoying.  

Pictures of Dinobot and he looks glorious:

MP41-Dinobot-09.jpg

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/11/12/masterpiece-dinobot-color-prototype-images-353459

I'm a bit bummed out that these are so much more up my alley than the regular Masterpieces from G1. Dinobot seems to have more paint applications on his chest than MP Laserwave has on the whole toy. Maybe I should sell my G1 MP collection and go with these. :)

PO'd with AmiAmi for 21,340 Yen- too well done to pass up, esp at that price (approx. $187 at current exchange rate). 

Every figure of Dinobot thus far has been poor, IMHO, so I've never bought any of them. I had hopes that they'd get this one right, but still had reservations. He's not an easy figure to do, but this is pretty impressive. That bot mode looks like it walked out of the toon, and the dino mode looks great, far better than I expected, honestly. As for the pricing, I could have lived without the stand, light up eyes, and spinning tail shield to keep the price lower, but as a collector figure, I guess it's cool for those who dig that sort of thing. Personally, I'm not a fan of putting batteries in my figures in the event I forget about them or they leak. So, I wonder if they're going to do the rest of the main cast? I'm thinking Megatron is a certainty. I wouldn't mind Blackarachnia- that'll test their engineering prowess.

was dinobot always so frakking huge? :blink:

On 11/10/2017 at 5:04 PM, mikeszekely said:

Takara should at least buy BW fans dinner before screwing them that hard.

Seems like a tube of lube would be more useful? :D

It's catch-22. Price has to be high due to low volume. But if it's too high, people either skip it or go for the KO...

Not a Beast War fan, so this is an easy skip. But after my experience with MP-36, I will be much more critical and not buy one blindly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Yup, that's pretty much spot on for scale.

I guess megatron is going to be absolutely massive then. I wanted one but now I'm thinking it's going to be way too expensive.

21 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

For some reason I remembered him being bigger than Cheetor but smaller than Primal... I guess because some guys were bigger than your average Autobot, but not often bigger than Optimus.

But yeah, looking at some screen caps and it turns out he's the tallest of the core Maximals.  Huh.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:01 AM, derex3592 said:

On mine the plug in the gun barrel was not glued in at all, pulled right out, almost fell out.  The silencer was a different story, it was glued in rather well. I drilled a pilot hole through the center then managed to get it out with a pair of pliers.  Got most of the glue residue off with goo gone after that. Annoying.  

On 11/9/2017 at 11:39 PM, Kuma Style said:

Mine literally pulled right out with 0 effort. Wasn't glued or anything. 0 seconds to remove.

Which vendors did you guys use?

I used Captured Prey for my copy- I paid $225, but he came plugless.  I still think, in hindsight, I'd look for a lower priced option and deal with the plugs. YMMV

On 11/13/2017 at 10:18 PM, HoveringCheesecake said:

Which vendors did you guys use?

I'm pretty sure I used The Chosen Prime for that one.