Queadluun-Rau

koushiro

Hello everyone i'm new here but a very long time fan of the Macross Series.

Having a wife who also grew up on this anime too while living on Hickam AFB

Hawaii also makes it very enjoyingable.

My wife being 26 and having a very large collection of Mecha for a Japanese girl is

very delightful.

So ordering the Yamato Quealduun-Rau for her was a very good gesture.

we received it yesterday and i can't take my eyes off it.

I'm ordering the Max blue version next week the Miriya mech stands so well

i can't help but just stare at it for hours.

i purchased the Mech from Hobby link Japan for a very good price!

i guess this is both a review and phrase for the well made Mecha from Yamato.

I guess it also helps to have a wife who LOVES MACROSS

And images us both as Max and Miriya. eheheehhehehe

I hope others here order this Mecha Figure.

THIS IS THE BEST I:VE SEEN OF THIS ARMOR

i only wish they would do the same thing for the Meltradi armor from

Macross II Lovers again. :)

post-10977-1232107042_thumb.jpg

You're a lucky guy :) My girlfriend SOMETIMES buys me mecha, has been known to watch an episode or two of anime with me, and generally doesn't give me trouble over my hobby - but she's not an enthusiast either - so - lucky lucky guy :)

the Miriya mech stands so well

Are you serious about this? Did Yamato fix up the Miriya for the reissues? I ask because I also have the Mirya Quid Rau - and while it is nice, standing is not something it does so well - it has somewhat floppy legs at the hips and will fall over and has trouble holding its' poses...

Maybe they tightened it up - or mine is a dud?

Pete

Welcome again to the boards. It's a great thing, having a wife that enjoys these hobbies too. My wife has quite a collection herself, and put together, we've got a room that cannot hold anymore toys. Count your blessings, and hope to see you around the forums more.

Oh, and as for the Queadluun-Rau posing/standing issue,,, I haven't had any issues w/ mine, and I have one of the original ones, not the reissue. It is a bit top heavy, but stands ok.

the mech stands well and my wife is chasing me from room to room to get her favorite mecha back hehehehe.

and i've ordered the Max queadluun.

Me and my wife is getting ready to make a flight line scene in our hobby room.

I'll show picts of it once were completed.

it will have jets from now

F-14As

F-22As

F-23 with the UN spacy decals.

hamdmade hangers and control towers

all the different types on VF fighters in hangers being worked on

flight line crews working on them

and flight line Vehicles and fuel truck.

and Zentradi and Meltradi armors being checked on the field too

We both grew up on Air force bases from Misawa AFB to Hickam AFB

I'll past a pict of me and my wife.

I'm glad to make friends will all of you guys and i hope we can trade some good stories!

Life is worth more if you can share your experiences with everyone.

post-10977-1232139995_thumb.jpg

post-10977-1232140009_thumb.jpg

Edited by koushiro

The picture is 4 years old

thats my room in my parents house in Albuquerque.

I live in a nice large house and i build and collect my models and

mecha in a shared room with my wife who also builds macross

kits and collects figures.

thats a first for me to have someone comment on a picture.

my wife builds more then i do on our free time

recently i found in her car several 1/32 scale fighter jets

Mig-29,Su-33,F-14A and

Macross kits.

She grew up with me so our interests merged.

her father flew F-15C and so we have rooms dedicated to

Russian,French,USAF and Chinese flight gear and helmets.

I work for Tokuma Shoten a manga company my wife works for

RICOH and is also a comic artist on the side.

Macross and many other mangas of our youth influenced us.

How lucky!

i Cancelled my order for Max's Queadluun with hobby link japan.

i went to an asian grocery store Ta lin's downtown Albuquerque today for an anime party my wife is throwing for her niece Nanami

and i went walking around looking for Wonton wrappers and to my delight there it was so Max's 1/60 Queadluun-rau

and also 3 of the Miriya's!

Ok i'm a collector and i have my stock of 3 un-openned Miriyas not including my wifes and a Queadlun-rau max that sits next to me as i type.

heheheheh

oh happy days happy day :lol:

it was a fun car ride home my wife just couldn't stop laughing at me.

we got home and i had to give up one of the 3 Miriya Quead's

to Nanami...

Its alot easier to buy for little girls who love anime and manga

my dad thinks i have it very easy ehehhehehe

my wife isn't the only one her pride of Japanese female friends are real big anime fans.

we buy only import dvds and they are always hanging out in my house.

talking anime with me and my wife.

Thinking up new cosplay ideas and watching Macross,Azumanga daioh,Full metal panic!

very fun for me and my wife!

my wife isn't the only one her pride of Japanese female friends are real big anime fans.

we buy only import dvds and they are always hanging out in my house.

talking anime with me and my wife.

Thinking up new cosplay ideas and watching Macross,Azumanga daioh,Full metal panic!

very fun for me and my wife!

Good for you. When I was dating a Japanese girl she was also more open about things. My Chinese wife on the other hand all she thinks and talks is about Money, Money, Money. I have a daughter and a Son on the way but our relationship is poo. She Never listens to me, has this obsession over her 36 loser brother who she just cant stop doing things for. So I say Fcuk it and I give money for the family the rest I blow on my collection and myself. I call it shut up wife tax. ie. Her brother sucked money out of me for english school. Didnt even bother attending one class. Her brother lived with us for 2 years when we had a small apartment. I only agreed for a couple of months seeing it was bachelor and my daughter was on the way. We moved into a 1500 sq home because the family was growing and it seemed the leach sorry I meant brother in law was staying with us and said he would help with expense....yeah right. I evetually kicked him out cause I caught him smoking in the house and found out that he spent money that was for expense on earings yup thats right a 36 year old decided to get earings. She whines about not having a house but fcuk that. When she goes out at 3 months pregnant, not feeling well just so she can help her illiterate brother get an Iphone because I had one. What an idiot I got an IPHONE for work and IBM reimburses me for all the work related calls so he spends 250 bucks then my wife calls me when im off on a business trip to ask me to give her brother 200 bucks because his muffler fell off. Hmm my response was...does he still have the reciept for his iphone.

Anyway. The way I look at it in a couple of more years I will get my self a small condo for MEEE. And NEVER NEVER EVER date another Chinese women again. Time after time I have found out that chinese women only care about MONEY which is fine but not when they want it in there possession and unless your a chinese guy they will always treat you as number 10 in the family even if you had kids with them. Too bad I would stick to croatian girls but they also seem judge you by the size of the wallet. Dont these girls ever think they get old?! OK so I get a pretty wife and you want money for your beauty. If I play by those rules then I have every right to dump her saggy ass and getter a newer Model So when I become single again it will be my kids, me, my friends, my collection and a few strays I will let into my life for very short periods of time.

whew ok i butchered that monkey.

Anyway back to topic. Love q-rau for all the bad reviews Im still getting one because I need more bad guy mecha to shore up against all the valks.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that comrade.

in some cases me and my wife are still a young couple

we knew each others since grade school and she loved my hobbies

because we shared them her father being a fighter pilot and quite strict

instilled her with values and her mother being a typical Japanese women

gave my wife more values to be kind,gentle,outgoing and fun personality.

I never really met a women who treats men like that but i know they're out there.

My wife always told me that a good man deserve a good women.

My wife for example makes alot of money more money then me

she is an executive for a company called RICOH and she loves her job but she

never like to put money being more important then our love.

My wife grew up with macross when her friends come over she still sings the songs

on kareoke night in our house for her friends

my wife's favorite being Silver Moon,Red Moon she sound exactly like Mari Iijima.

I guess like many has said i'm lucky.

28 years old and married my childhood sweet heart.

I have met many Chinese girls who have good hearts.

my wifes friends are like that very kind and very fun

but in your case i apologize that you have to deal with a lady who is only care

is money.

to my surprise after we married she was sneaking in model kits so she could have the fun of building them

when she goes to Japan i always find 8 or 9 more luggage then she left with holding anime.manga,figures,macross kits.

my wife like me is a manga/anime fanatic.

in my own words i still feel men deserve good wifes.

B))

Good for you. When I was dating a Japanese girl she was also more open about things. My Chinese wife on the other hand all she thinks and talks is about Money, Money, Money. I have a daughter and a Son on the way but our relationship is poo. She Never listens to me, has this obsession over her 36 loser brother who she just cant stop doing things for. So I say Fcuk it and I give money for the family the rest I blow on my collection and myself. I call it shut up wife tax. ie. Her brother sucked money out of me for english school. Didnt even bother attending one class. Her brother lived with us for 2 years when we had a small apartment. I only agreed for a couple of months seeing it was bachelor and my daughter was on the way. We moved into a 1500 sq home because the family was growing and it seemed the leach sorry I meant brother in law was staying with us and said he would help with expense....yeah right. I evetually kicked him out cause I caught him smoking in the house and found out that he spent money that was for expense on earings yup thats right a 36 year old decided to get earings. She whines about not having a house but fcuk that. When she goes out at 3 months pregnant, not feeling well just so she can help her illiterate brother get an Iphone because I had one. What an idiot I got an IPHONE for work and IBM reimburses me for all the work related calls so he spends 250 bucks then my wife calls me when im off on a business trip to ask me to give her brother 200 bucks because his muffler fell off. Hmm my response was...does he still have the reciept for his iphone.

Anyway. The way I look at it in a couple of more years I will get my self a small condo for MEEE. And NEVER NEVER EVER date another Chinese women again. Time after time I have found out that chinese women only care about MONEY which is fine but not when they want it in there possession and unless your a chinese guy they will always treat you as number 10 in the family even if you had kids with them. Too bad I would stick to croatian girls but they also seem judge you by the size of the wallet. Dont these girls ever think they get old?! OK so I get a pretty wife and you want money for your beauty. If I play by those rules then I have every right to dump her saggy ass and getter a newer Model So when I become single again it will be my kids, me, my friends, my collection and a few strays I will let into my life for very short periods of time.

whew ok i butchered that monkey.

Anyway back to topic. Love q-rau for all the bad reviews Im still getting one because I need more bad guy mecha to shore up against all the valks.

post-10977-1232255552_thumb.jpg

Good for you. When I was dating a Japanese girl she was also more open about things. My Chinese wife on the other hand Time after time I have found out that chinese women only care about MONEY which is fine but not when they want it in there possession and unless your a chinese guy they will always treat you as number 10 in the family even if you had kids with them.

Off Topic :

This is true, even their men either chinese or Taiwanese. When ever I talk with them about any thing, the first thing they mention is ... money or making money. Even at work I one of them as one of my bosses, I always try to avoid him why ? ... money.

Sounds like you did not do your homework before you commit yourself! You're the one to blame here, not her.

brother how much possible homework can one person do????? How would I have ever known she married her brother to get him in the country. These things are normal for them. They are always doing a risk calculation and you always have to be on guard. Unless you walk into every relationship like a detective you would never know

A few years ago there was a case here in north america where a chinese girl met a middle eastern man and moved in together. She seemed all nice but never told him she was married.

Then one day the husband comes to stay with them in their apartment but tells her boyfriend its her brother and he is staying for a short while. Soon the stay becomes a little long lived and the boyfriend starts snooping through the mans paperwork and finds out its her husband. She begs her boyfriend not to go (keep in mind he has a very good job in the IT field making good money) and tells him that she was planning on getting divorced and he will leave. But this doenst change and when he gets his papers she tells the boyfriend she will stay with the husband. Poor guy leaves her for a couple months and gets another place and then she comes back to him saying she left the guy and the whole thing starts over again until he snaps and kills them both.......huh! True Story

Truth is I have been all over China. I have met so many chinese. I cant say this for all of them but I can generalize from my own experience. I have lost any respect I had for them. Every chinese person I met if I told you how they made their money or some of the dubious things they do. I dont know how many times I have heard them insult white people. As an eastern european I find this insulting. Often remarks revolve around white people are so dumb they just spend money. Hmm yeah well honey! if us dumb people didnt buy into all those ads and buy junk we dont need you would be still eating bark in warm water and not studying in a well known north american school. Funny now that this market is self adjusting itself that chinas growth is expected to slow. I guess all those dumb white folk are not so dumb after all. And if you think Im being racist my wifedoenst trust black people even tho my best friend is a black person and he is around all the time! Asians like in the Philippines are considered inferior just because of their darker skin. Anyway I will stop here I just wanted to respond to your remark that this was my fault. Yeah I can accept that to an extent but its difficult when the person you meet hides every known truth or intention.

Nuff said

Sorry Graham Didnt mean to hijack the thread

So When are these Q-Raus on Sale. I purchased my first item from overdrive because you folks said he's good. But his Q-raus are sold out. Does he restock often??

Thanks

makes me feel immature that i don't know this too well i always took people as they come

but we can judge a people for a few sour apples.

A friend of mine since me and my wifes Childhood Chau-ling Mae works with me as an artist and

i never knew her to talk about money her husband who is also a good friend from childhood never

complained about thier marriage.

My friend Terrence always says shes there for him and never complains about money or lifestyle

they are always happy when we visit.

with the occasinal and healthy arguement about messes that is also in my marriage its quite healthy.

Like i said we can't judge a people for a few bad apples.

i met Japanese girls who just pushed me to my edge of anger

but yet i take that back i never met them in Japan

i met them in America.

so bad apples are relative anywhere.

this isnt Loveline or any talk show... it's a toy forum. While it's nice to discuss how significant others like toys too, please curb the conversation back towards relating the Qrau. And quit with the racial generalizations nugundam...

I have to agree this has gotten way off subject

and to bring a subject up like this will only anger many.

this isnt Loveline or any talk show... it's a toy forum. While it's nice to discuss how significant others like toys too, please curb the conversation back towards relating the Qrau. And quit with the racial generalizations nugundam...

Does the max version come with the figure? I know the Millia one doesn't.

The Max version never has had a figure but the Millia one used to, I don't think the newer releases do though. Not that the figure was much, though (the add-on figure set was much better).

Vostok 7

I am Chinese and I grew up in a caucasian neighbourhood and I have put up with racist crap. Oh guess what I've been traveling around the world too and you know what? There's racism everywhere from everyone! Learn from the Avenue Q song: "Everyone's a little bit racists" because it's true.

The next person that deliberately puts up a racist remark I will ban and throw away the key. :angry:

Back to the Q-rau discussion.

makes me feel immature that i don't know this too well i always took people as they come

but we can judge a people for a few sour apples.

A friend of mine since me and my wifes Childhood Chau-ling Mae works with me as an artist and

i never knew her to talk about money her husband who is also a good friend from childhood never

complained about thier marriage.

My friend Terrence always says shes there for him and never complains about money or lifestyle

they are always happy when we visit.

with the occasinal and healthy arguement about messes that is also in my marriage its quite healthy.

Like i said we can't judge a people for a few bad apples.

i met Japanese girls who just pushed me to my edge of anger

but yet i take that back i never met them in Japan

i met them in America.

so bad apples are relative anywhere.

You're doing just fine. As long as you and your wife are happy I think you've got a leg up on most people. It's even better that you two enjoy the same hobby and you enjoy it with your friends.

You know what this thread needs to get back on track? A picture of all your Milia Q-Raus surrounding Max's. B))

Yes it got out of control were here to talk Queadluun and it turned into an attack

i apologize for adding into this sir.

I am Chinese and I grew up in a caucasian neighbourhood and I have put up with racist crap. Oh guess what I've been traveling around the world too and you know what? There's racism everywhere from everyone! Learn from the Avenue Q song: "Everyone's a little bit racists" because it's true.

The next person that deliberately puts up a racist remark I will ban and throw away the key. :angry:

Back to the Q-rau discussion.

I will add a picture of it because i've been working on a diorama with them being preped for sortie next to some UN-spacy F-14s,VFs

and ground personel. my wife is painting 2 others in colors for a low ranking UN-spacy meltradi pilots she brought 2 from HLJ this morning

she said " you have yours and i want some more for keeping in the box".

she loves this figure too much ever since we saw Macross movie at the Air Force base theatre back in the early 90s.

You're doing just fine. As long as you and your wife are happy I think you've got a leg up on most people. It's even better that you two enjoy the same hobby and you enjoy it with your friends.

You know what this thread needs to get back on track? A picture of all your Milia Q-Raus surrounding Max's. B))

post-10977-1232318472_thumb.gif

I will add a picture of it because i've been working on a diorama with them being preped for sortie next to some UN-spacy F-14s,VFs

and ground personel. my wife is painting 2 others in colors for a low ranking UN-spacy meltradi pilots she brought 2 from HLJ this morning

she said " you have yours and i want some more for keeping in the box".

she loves this figure too much ever since we saw Macross movie at the Air Force base theatre back in the early 90s.

hey welcome aboard! Is that animation done by your wife? It's kick ass, heh. :p