Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.2

Graham

I would love to change my legal name to Mr. Superalloy Hello! :) That would be awesome.

As for that translation - I interpret it to mean that there are postponements, that only Alto will come out in December, and that th reason is because the global financial crisis has compelled Bandai design teams to take up part time jobs working rice paddies to make ends meet.

Pete

I think everyone knows that Super Alloy = Chogokin literally. XD

lol guys there will be no more postponements. the guy is commenting how the chougoukin despite going into development earlier than the model kept getting postponed and postponed but is finally gonna be released this december (both alto and ozma). michel and luca are waiting in the wings for a march release.

after stalking the thread in silence, watching all those photos, im hyped @ VF-25G >_> gonna get this one in near future ^_^ ( adds to "wantlist" )

Am I the only one that actually thinks those latest set of pictures look really cool.

I'd love to have larger hi-res versions for use as wallpaper.

Graham

Nope you're definitely not the only one. Those pictures make it look good in multiple angles. I never doubted Bandai once. I knew either way they would make something I'd want. Can't wait to have these in my hands. Only hate the fact that I can't get the fast packs or armoured pack right now (tamashii i consider impossible), so later on, may be forced to buy another VF-25S and VF-25F again.

Hopefully a VF-27 "Lucifer" will also be released in the future. Love that big gun, reminds me of a real world German Henschel Hs 129B-3 from WWII.

The giant gun on the VF-27 keeps reminding me of Cowboy Bebop's Swordfish. Anyone else get that feeling?

http://www.genghiskwan.com/gallery/3d/swordfish0270.jpg

(The forward landing gears splay to both sides of the gun though.)

Edited by Cent

Yeah same here, it also reminds me of the Zeta Gundam with the hyper mega bazooka launcher (what a silly name), the cannon was so large it had its own landing gear if I remeber correctly.

The Zeta C1/A1 also has landing gear on it's cannon.

Vostok 7

That's like 3 discussions in as many days about the VF-27's nose gear. Here (brightness and contrast bumped way up for clarity):

Nice... That just makes me want a VF-27 all the more!! Realistically though I guess we'll have till wait till next year to see if Bandai chooses to go with the VF-171 or the VF-27 after the milking of the VF-25 cash cow (armoured packs, I'm looking at you!) . I'm predicting (and hoping!) that the -27 comes first!

Hah. I'd love to see a 27 pilot forget that he has his landing gear deployed and fire the cannon while in combat. Oops. XD

I dont see the 27 being all that chunky, because its design is so similar to the SV-51. If Yamato could do the transformation and retain reasonable proportions for the 51, I would hope that Bandai could as well. Also, just by the lineart, the 27's wings are much thicker and less prone to the problems that are inherent with the 51.

Unfortunately though, I dislike the fat droopy nosecone with 27... And whats up with its tiny forward canards in that picture?

if the vf-27 comes out i hope it is not an exclusive. the alto super pack was tempting but too expensive. damn i want a non-exclusive 1/60 ghost too.

Main VFs will probably not be exclusive. Yep, I'm guessing that it will probably be chunky to a certain extent, but I suspect that some of the VF-25 problems (like the backs of the legs) are due to the need to add on the super and armoured packs. The VF-27 won't suffer from such problems (I hope)

That's like 3 discussions in as many days about the VF-27's nose gear. Here (brightness and contrast bumped way up for clarity):

VF27gear.jpg

This is the tightes looking VF in the Frontier series, my opinion! Bandai needs to consider this one seriously as a toy or model! I prefer both!

I would be interested in Bandai's rendition of the VF-27 if for no other reason than to compare it to Yamato's SV-51 Nora :) After all; they are veryvery similar and it would be interesting to see what kind of engineering Bandai pulls off on it :)

Pete

Yea... I don't see a similarity other than the colour.

Moving on, when is the exact release date for the toy? I think we've finally reached the point where nothing new can be said without some hands on reviews... I know my purchase will certainly depend on these reviews!

everywhere I've checked still has a December release, which usually means last of the month.

I know that the Japanese don't have the whole holiday shopping season, but why do they have to release everything at the very last day of the month?

It would be great if these came out in time for Christmas.

I really want to have them under my tree to open on Christmas morning.

Graham

I wanted that too, but I just got an e-mail from Amazon Japan stating that the release date has been delayed.

They originally had the Dec 25th release date... so if it was changed and everywhere else December is mentioned... I think the release date is the 31st :blink:

Well, the VF-1S has gone through many iterations and most of the problems have been solved, and is a proven product (re-issue), while the VF-25 has numerous aesthetic issues and is a new product with unknown durability and QC issues. While both are at the same price, the VF-1S has wayyy more accessories and this is about as good as it gets, while we know that the VF-25 is going to be re-issued with Super and Armoured packs. (Just you wait for the Alto Super variant to appear and piss off all those who ordered the web exclusive!) When you think through all these issues, its really no surprise that more people are going for the VF-1S than the VF-25.

No we don't.

Ok fine technically we don't, but unless the current series of DX Chogokin tanks badly, and all indications are that it won't, it is almost a certainty that they will be issued. Do you have to be anal about such stuff? ^_^

Until Yamato fixes the shoulder hinge problem I won't be buying another v2 1/60 VF-1.

Hence my qualifier most... and its not like everybody's shoulders have been exploding. Any problems you have are entirely with Yamato, not me!

At least we know there's the Luka and Mikhail models which DO come with superpacks... hopefully a full-armor Ozma is coming soon

I would be surprised if the Alto version were to be re-released with the super pack though - usually when Bandai makes a limited edition release, they will not release the exact same thing as a normal release (this is always the case for Kamen Rider, Gundam etc... ). Even if there is to be a re-release of the Alto valkyrie with some form of a super pack (= same mold), it'll either be with different markings or in a different color. Which leads me to believe there might be slight variations for the movie :) That's just the way Bandai likes to do things - make people buy multiple copies of the same thing (well... in most ways same). For all intensive purposes, that might be sufficient for people who just want to have a Super VF-25 in some way, shape or form.

Edited by sebangoh87

Ok fine technically we don't, but unless the current series of DX Chogokin tanks badly, and all indications are that it won't, it is almost a certainty that they will be issued. Do you have to be anal about such stuff? ^_^

He's not being anal, he's stating a fact. You don't know if it will happen and assuming it will is only going to get your hopes up.

No expectations, no disappointment.

Edited by MasterOfPuppets

He's not being anal, he's stating a fact. You don't know if it will happen and assuming it will is only going to get your hopes up.

No expectations, no disappointment.

but this is bandai were talking about, the idea that they would release a product then not release the same product again bundled with something new is ludicrous