Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Hi Vi- RS,

Where are you base?

Toyntoys is my regular local dealer & of course still in business & the show room at CSC.

Their website is fairly updated. In fact you can see both low viz & the new VE-1 on it.

As eyesonme78 said, contact them at shop@toyntoys.com or 65 64386806.

GOT my VE-1 today!!! Just have a few minutes to get it out of the box and attach all the parts before I have to go to work, and I must say I think this is one of, if not THE BEST Valk Yamato has put out to date. This thing is just super cool! TONS of Tampo printing on this thing! Even the markings on and around the main rear landing bay doors are tampo! LOVE it. Can't wait to decal, panel line and detail this bad boy over the weekend!!!

p.s.-----anybody find an easy way to get the back seat guy in??? :blink:

Edited by derex3592

got mine today as well... back seat dude goes in no problem. He looks like he doesn't fit but the canopy closes fully

gerrr... still nothing. hopefully it will be here tomorrow. <_<

My VE-1 arrived Thursday from HLJ. :D

Very nice valk indeed. Only slight problem is with the yellow on the FAST packs, but it isn't as bright as most pictures make them out to be. Also missing from the pictures on the front and back of the box.

And incase anyone is wondering, the radome can't be attached without folding up the tail section backpack.

I only vaguely prefer the VT-1 (in my eyes it's perfect).

I just got mine and... the head falls of :angry: ugh...

the head form my VF-1S fits fine, so aparently the neck of the VE-1's head is f*cked up. when I push the nead down all the way onto the peg coming off the body, the neck springs back up about a millimeter then tilts to the left or right. at this point any movement at all will make the head fall off.

as far as i can tell, the hole in the bottom of the neck is tapered such that it's too wide at the opening then too narrow inside, causing it to push itself off the peg until it doesn't have enough friction to hold in place.

anyone else have this happen to them?

I ordered mine from HLJ, but I've sent inquiries for new parts to both HLJ and OD already. but I'm going to try and figure out how to make the existing head work. any suggestions would be nice

I just got mine and... the head falls of :angry: ugh...

the head form my VF-1S fits fine, so aparently the neck of the VE-1's head is f*cked up. when I push the nead down all the way onto the peg coming off the body, the neck springs back up about a millimeter then tilts to the left or right. at this point any movement at all will make the head fall off.

as far as i can tell, the hole in the bottom of the neck is tapered such that it's too wide at the opening then too narrow inside, causing it to push itself off the peg until it doesn't have enough friction to hold in place.

anyone else have this happen to them?

I ordered mine from HLJ, but I've sent inquiries for new parts to both HLJ and OD already. but I'm going to try and figure out how to make the existing head work. any suggestions would be nice

That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Mine is perfectly fine. Swivels, goes up and down, no problems...... :mellow:

Got my VE-1 and really liking it so far. I've only got two gripes about this toy so far. Following the sticker guide, it calls for #34 x7 and there are only x6 of this sticker. #35 can be used but it is white instead of gray. I remedied this by using an extra #34 from the VT-1 sticker sheet. Secondly, has anybody noticed similar damage to the camera 'eye'? The clear orange plastic is not scratched. It is most likely a metallic paint underneath that got scratched. It really detracts from the whole toy when compared to the awesome camera 'eye' of the VF-11.

DSC09071.jpg

Edited by halfan

Hey Javabean, I have placed order for low viz and couple V2 with ToysNtoys, but they are still not shipping. I notice that they have not update their website for a while, are they still in business? They have a store front at CSC, so I don't think they are scam artist.

Their stock just arrived on 21 Oct evening time. so yours should probably be shipped now

hmm...

ok, So I've had this for 24 hours now and I haven't had a chance to take pics yet (I'm feeling particuarly lazy today :rolleyes: ). I feel like I should post some observations though.

First: I have never seen a toy that is this frustratingly tight and loose at the same time. I've already mentioned the head (which I managed to fix through with an xacto knife and some nail polish) but I've also noticed that the Leg Packs are also very loose. they'll stay attached well enough once posed but they have noticeably more play once mounted compared to my strike pack and it's fairly easy to dislodge. the radome is also not as tight as I would have liked it; it stays on fine, but the arm extension is much stiffer than the backpack connection, so you pretty much have to take the radome off to extend it when going from fighter/GERWALK to battroid.

Finaly, the backpack can be a little floppy in fighter/gerwalk mode. there's enough play that the backpack can flop up and down with while the fast packs are attached, not a big deal unless you try to grab it by the fast pack boosters. in battroid mode the wings actually prop the boosters up a bit. the little pop up latch things on the back that are supposed to hold the backpack up are useless, the tail fins naturally sit outside the latches so you have to force the fins in (fins aren't supposed to fold) to get them to click in, and then they usually pop right out.

At the same time, this toy has the tightest arms I've ever seen. The elbows were almost impossible to move out of the box and are still tight after loosening the appropriate screws on the forearms. along with the stiff elbow, the arm sensor on the left side (the big sensor mast) is also excessively difficult to remove; so far I've only been able to get it off by using a razor blade to pry up one of the tabs.

the landing gear are also a little tight.

Overall, the toy LOOKS great. the finish is a very nice matte, it doesn't look like plastic at all. paint application if good and the valk itself is heavily tempoed. I was a little disappointed how baron the FAST packs were by comparison; other than the "U.N. SPACY" on the leg parts are the only markings.

this is definitely an awesome looking toy, but it is very fiddly. Not fiddly like the YF-21 (lots of little parts and panels that have fold and stack and line up just so for it to work), it's that it has a lot of spindly parts sticking everywhere that tend to get in the way of stuff, transforming it with fast packs attached is very difficult.

It's a cool display piece, and totally worth every penny, but it's not as playable as the other VF-1's

:edit: oh, and as some have mentioned, the pilot in the back is a VERY tight fit. there's enough head room that you can just drop him in, but then his head sticks up above the seat and that looks stupid.

I managed to get him fully seated but I had to force his legs down into the gab between the seats with a paper clip. good thing I don't plan on taking these guys out any time soon. ^_^

post-4286-1256421817_thumb.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Does this toy have the same clips to hold the fins in place that the VT-1 had? If so, and if by some chance you're not using them, you might find that those would help with keeping the backpack in place for mild handling.

Does this toy have the same clips to hold the fins in place that the VT-1 had? If so, and if by some chance you're not using them, you might find that those would help with keeping the backpack in place for mild handling.

like I said, it still has the same clips but they're not really usefull at all. maybe it's just mine but you have to force the tail fins in in order to get them to fit between the clips. I don't like having to force the parts that much, and the fins constantly pop out anyways. I find it easier to just not handle the backpack in fighter mode. (in battroid mode the backpack it fine.)

no problems here w/ fitting the pilot figs in the cockpit, just took me a few secs to get the in... and like somebody mentioned, lots of head clearance... and the hatch snaps shut very nicely...

the backpack w/ FPs on mine are actually more secure than on my VT-1... i can hold it up by the FPs w/out any plastic creaking sound :mellow:

yeah, those arm armors are a b1tch to remove once you've put them on the valk... and the yellow on the FPs does look a little off (too light compared to the nosecone, not sure though if it should be that way...)

very, very nice...